Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Grumpy Old Pharts Board

Grumpy Old Pharts Board Gerritol, Ex-Lax, Immodium, Bad Breath - all requirements for the Grumpy Board

Old 06-06-2006, 10:12 PM   #1
Pete_G

Crazy Motorcyle Riders Part 2

What's with high beams at night? I understand during the daytime. I can see you just fine with low beams at night.

I nearly ended up in the bushes tonight coming back from Ocean Drive when three of them went by with overpowering headlamps blazing into my acclimated to the darkness eyes...

Turn 'em down. You're not special. Personally I'd be afraid of getting run over by a blinded oncoming driver, but that's just me.
Pete_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 12:41 AM   #2
Skip N

Oh man your dead on. A few years back some a-hole in a motorcycle was behind me with the brightest freakin high beams i've ever seen. I literally could not look into my rear view mirror without going blind. Unreal, this dirt bag had no respect for other motorists.

Why do so many motorcycle riders have no respect for other drivers?? Do they think they own the damn road?
Skip N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 07:20 AM   #3
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Send a message via AIM to BigFish
I would like to know whats the deal with how they feel the need to ride on the median line for cryin' out loud!!!! I can see when they are riding side by with another bike but when they are solo???? I am just glad the bikers let us use their road!!!

Almost time to get our fish on!!!
BigFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 01:23 PM   #4
MotoXcowboy

CRAZY CRAZY CRAZY CRAZY
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	adams_NM9W9322.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	112.9 KB
ID:	16042   Click image for larger version

Name:	img_9397.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	25.3 KB
ID:	16043  
MotoXcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 01:27 PM   #5
MotoXcowboy

EVEN MORE CRAZY

MotoXcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 06:10 AM   #6
UpChunk

I find that the NEW cars an trucks, have extremely bright low beams these days, and i often find myself flashing them to turn them down.But the high beams they flash back are blinding,....oops, i thought you had the high's on already. way too bright! I drive a 1981 toyota LC, and i am forever thinking everybody has their brights on.
In regards to Motocyles, i see plenty of them, riding the median like i should move over.Don t they know the laws of physics? I know i will goto jail if i hit one, but maybe that is what it will take, Evolution is a never ending process, even if we have to go backwards! Darwin awards! stephen.
BTW, loud is too loud these days, and no authorities that i have heard about have ever stopped a Motocycle cause it is TOO loud! altho, in NWPT, there is NO more outside music cause of the loud ordinance, but the Moto's and car stereos blare incessantly, without any reprecussions. Just my 2 cents.
UpChunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 03:22 PM   #7
In The Surf
Where'd he go?

The reason more riders are trying to be VISIBLE near the medium is that to many idiots turn into them or cut right in front of them especially when the bike is behind another vehicle. What is it that these idiots always say I DIDN"T SEE YOU. For all those who complain and wonder why now you know.
In The Surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 04:06 PM   #8
OX
MasterMisanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFish
I would like to know whats the deal with how they feel the need to ride on the median line for cryin' out loud!!!! I can see when they are riding side by with another bike but when they are solo???? I am just glad the bikers let us use their road!!!
Your welcome.

PLEASE PICK UP YOUR TRASH!
OX is offline   Reply With Quote