Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Old 04-20-2013, 09:47 AM   #181
Sea Dangles

Ted,do you actually beleive commentary from a fishing board is going to impact their chosen profession? Go back to planet NB!

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Sea Dangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 09:53 AM   #182
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
I'm not mixing conspiracy with incompetence / mistakes.
Come on, at least you can admire the creativity.

-spence
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 09:56 AM   #183
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIJIMMY View Post
I've read pages of material on these 2 guys today and not one mention of how they earned money? Apartment in Cambridge, Mercedes benz, boxing at gyms, going to UMass. How did they live without income?

Selling mary jane

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman
Swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 10:17 AM   #184
Mike P
Jiggin' Leper Lawyer

Terrorists who are part of a network have an exit plan available---safe houses, a means of being transported out of the area or out of the country, stuff like that. These guys' exit plan? Go home to Cambridge and wait to be identified, then panic and steal a car to try to get away, and toss home made explosives to try to throw the cops off their tail. When that fails, one dies in a hail of bullets, and the other's idea of hiding out is run into a back yard, cut the shrink wrap on a boat, and climb in, leaving a smear of blood along the hull.

Yup, those were two well-trained pros.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.
Mike P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 02:00 PM   #185
Saltheart

I think they were expecting to be free longer than what happened and were going to set off other IEDs. They had them. I really doubt they planned on using them in a firefight with swat teams. They went about their normal lives after Monday like nothing had happened. I think more attacks were planned but they got busted way faster than they had planned.

I think by the time this is over (could be a year or two) , we will find out that the older brother got some but not much training on his last trip to russia. is in contact with others like himself , ie expendable bombers for an Islamic group who's masterminds are in that Chechen , Armenian , Dagestan , Iran area.

I think the older Brother was looking at a failed American dream and was recruited. I think he dragged his younger brother into it. My guess is there is woman involved in the younger ones life that disappointed him and set him on a downward spiral making him a suddenly easy recruit to what his older brother already had cooking.

All pure speculation but I think that in time this is how it will unfold.

Saltheart
Custom Crafted Rods by Saltheart
Saltheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 02:08 PM   #186
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Come on, at least you can admire the creativity.

-spence

Actually - thought it was a little weak. Though not surprising when playing connect Spences' Dots

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
JohnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 02:09 PM   #187
JohnnyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike P View Post
Lose it. It paints you as a Noo Yawkuh. No LEO in Mass calls an ambulance a bus.
You'd be surprised.

source: 5 years working as an EMT
JohnnyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 02:14 PM   #188
Nebe

I want to see these kids parents locked up and deported. Send a message loud and clear. You are responsible for the kids you raise in this country. Don't like it?? Go home.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Nebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 02:56 PM   #189
Mike P
Jiggin' Leper Lawyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
I want to see these kids parents locked up and deported. Send a message loud and clear. You are responsible for the kids you raise in this country. Don't like it?? Go home.
I think dad's already back in Mother Roossia.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.
Old 04-20-2013, 03:11 PM   #190
Nebe

That's good to hear.
Nebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 03:35 PM   #191
mosholu
Mosholu

Maybe the plan was for them to hang out and take the heat, possibly plant more bombs, giving the brains of the operation time to leave town. The fact that they decided to explode their devices at the four hour mark shows someone had some operational thinking, sick as it might have been. Add to that the suicide vest the older one had I am not convinced yet that it was just two yahoos.
mosholu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 05:00 PM   #192
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Gotta love technology. Also note the position of ladder changes.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hiding.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	69.3 KB
ID:	56003   Click image for larger version

Name:	hiding2.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	76.0 KB
ID:	56004   Click image for larger version

Name:	nolongerhiding.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	72.2 KB
ID:	56005  
nightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 05:34 PM   #193
spence

Quote:
Actually - thought it was a little weak. Though not surprising when playing connect Spences' Dots
Not my dots

-spence
Old 04-21-2013, 05:32 AM   #194
Raven

stick people will still win marathon

bags carried anywhere near it will be scrutinized
way beyond the ordinary now...

everyone required to bring camera's and take pictures
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 06:35 AM   #195
rphud
GrandBob

I think the robot knocked over the ladder pealing back the tarp/shrink wrap. Technology also tracked the carjacked Benz since the owner has left his cell phone in the car.

In the end it was some guy curious as to why there was blood on his boat that found him though.

Sounded like they found blood at one or more spots behind a house(s). Kind of curious why they could not track him down from there, but none of the pics I saw from the neighborhood sweeps showed any dogs that I saw and remembered.
rphud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 08:11 AM   #196
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rphud View Post
I think the robot knocked over the ladder pealing back the tarp/shrink wrap. Technology also tracked the carjacked Benz since the owner has left his cell phone in the car.

In the end it was some guy curious as to why there was blood on his boat that found him though.

Sounded like they found blood at one or more spots behind a house(s). Kind of curious why they could not track him down from there, but none of the pics I saw from the neighborhood sweeps showed any dogs that I saw and remembered.

yep, I was wondering myself why dogs were not used, they should have been able to track him right to the boat you would think

anyway, glad they got him

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Slipknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 11:55 AM   #197
Raven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipknot View Post
yep, I was wondering myself why dogs were not used, they should have been able to track him right to the boat you would think

anyway, glad they got him
reason
they thought he might be wearing a suicide vest = no dogs

believe it or not "AMY" the panther /mountain lion like off- world robot
seen hunting down VAL KILMER on that Scifi mars flick is
swiftly becoming a reality....

very close to the indestructible terminator like quality for the military
Old 04-21-2013, 12:58 PM   #198
Mike P
Jiggin' Leper Lawyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rphud View Post

Oh, I think they probably knew where the guy was, and what he was hiding in, long before they moved in, and maybe was why they called off the city-wide lock down. If you think about it, it made sense for them to make their move after dark, when their night vision gear, and the big spotlights on their choppers, gave them a huge edge. Always makes it easier when you can see, and the bad guy can't.

Now, one last word. My religious beliefs are centered on forgiveness, and love for one another. I'm not supposed to hate. In the days ahead, you'll be hearing people trying to mitigate things for this kid. How he was influenced by his evil big brother, how he's only 19, and how he is one of God's children, and so on. All well and good to forgive and pray for his soul, but in no way should anything about him be mitigated, let alone excused. I don't know if this picture has been posted here, but I have it saved to my hard drive, just in case down the road, I start to feel some twinge of sympathy. I may ask God to save his soul, but I'll also ask God to let justice prevail, and for him to feel the full weight of human justice.

Just to give some context. #^&#^&#^&#^&head is circled in his white cap. 8 year old Martin Richard is standing on the fence, flanked by who I assume are his mother on his left, and his sister on his right, all unaware that little Martin has but minutes to live, and they they will suffer horrendous injuries. I would guess that the girl a few places over on the right of the picture, with the strawberry blonde hair, sunglasses, red Nikes, and her hand to her mouth is 29 year old Krystle Campbell, minutes away from being blown apart. Note very carefully where that #^&#^&#^&#^&wad chose to place the bag containing the bomb. He could have placed it anywhere. If he truly was some decent kid being influenced by evil big brother to do something he was uneasy about, he could have placed it against the buildings and minimized the effects. He deliberately chose to place it among a group of kids and young girls.

#^&#^&#^&#^& him.

Click image for larger version

Name:	marathon.bomb.group.jpeg
Views:	463
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	56006

Old 04-21-2013, 01:29 PM   #199
JohnR

Quote:
Oh, I think they probably knew where the guy was, and what he was hiding in, long before they moved in, and maybe was why they called off the city-wide lock down. If you think about it, it made sense for them to make their move after dark, when their night vision gear, and the big spotlights on their choppers, gave them a huge edge. Always makes it easier when you can see, and the bad guy can't.

Now, one last word. My religious beliefs are centered on forgiveness, and love for one another. I'm not supposed to hate. In the days ahead, you'll be hearing people trying to mitigate things for this kid. How he was influenced by his evil big brother, how he's only 19, and how he is one of God's children, and so on. All well and good to forgive and pray for his soul, but in no way should anything about him be mitigated, let alone excused. I don't know if this picture has been posted here, but I have it saved to my hard drive, just in case down the road, I start to feel some twinge of sympathy. I may ask God to save his soul, but I'll also ask God to let justice prevail, and for him to feel the full weight of human justice.

Just to give some context. #^&#^&#^&#^&head is circled in his white cap. 8 year old Martin Richard is standing on the fence, flanked by who I assume are his mother on his left, and his sister on his right, all unaware that little Martin has but minutes to live, and they they will suffer horrendous injuries. I would guess that the girl a few places over on the right of the picture, with the strawberry blonde hair, sunglasses, red Nikes, and her hand to her mouth is 29 year old Krystle Campbell, minutes away from being blown apart. Note very carefully where that #^&#^&#^&#^&wad chose to place the bag containing the bomb. He could have placed it anywhere. If he truly was some decent kid being influenced by evil big brother to do something he was uneasy about, he could have placed it against the buildings and minimized the effects. He deliberately chose to place it among a group of kids and young girls.

#^&#^&#^&#^& him.

Attachment 56006
Concur.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 04-21-2013, 03:48 PM   #200
Saltheart

I agree. Regardless of what led him to do it , he did it! It was a ruthless cowardly thing. I understand people target other persons for money , revenge , broken hearts , etc but I will never understand the random targeting of people they don't even know. They just want to kill anybody they can. Even the deadliest of animals do not do that , just deranged people.

Saltheart
Old 04-21-2013, 04:57 PM   #201
likwid
lobster = striper bait

Send a message via AIM to likwid
Quote:
Judging before facts are in. Interesting.

Last edited by likwid; 04-21-2013 at 05:05 PM..

Ski Quicks Hole
likwid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 05:25 PM   #202
JohnR

Quote:
Originally Posted by likwid View Post
Judging before facts are in. Interesting.
It looks Ivory Pure that they are responsible for this act. The surviving brother will be tried and the government will make its case.

Should the 0.66% chance play out this might get revisited but so far this looks pretty damning.

What would YOU suggest?

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 04-21-2013, 05:55 PM   #203
Saltheart

I guess they just happen to have been there with those same backpacks? They just happen to have made the call the exact time they detonated? They just happened to have the same type of bombs on them during the first fire fight? They just happened to have all those arms and amo? Only an idiot would question whether they did it.

the facts are in...they did it. There will be no defense offered that they didn't do it. That would be stupid. All the defense will offer is reasons why he should not be held responsible for what he did.

Saltheart
Old 04-21-2013, 06:17 PM   #204
likwid
lobster = striper bait

Send a message via AIM to likwid
Quote:
It looks Ivory Pure that they are responsible for this act. The surviving brother will be tried and the government will make its case.

Should the 0.66% chance play out this might get revisited but so far this looks pretty damning.

What would YOU suggest?
I suggest people be happy this is finally over and wait to see what the full story is.

I don't know about you, but since the older brother is dead and the younger one is in custody we should be more concerned with the dead and injured at this point. They need more attention than the kid does.

Interesting for the faithful to pass judgement so readily.

Ski Quicks Hole
likwid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 06:51 PM   #205
Mike P
Jiggin' Leper Lawyer

Quote:
I suggest people be happy this is finally over and wait to see what the full story is.

I don't know about you, but since the older brother is dead and the younger one is in custody we should be more concerned with the dead and injured at this point. They need more attention than the kid does.

I am not going to dignify this personal barb with a response. I'm faithful enough to understand my human failings. Everyone has them. You can make fun of my beliefs all you want. I won't respond in kind.

Old 04-21-2013, 06:58 PM   #206
spence

It would take a lot more faith to hold onto any chance of innocence considering the evidence to date. Unless you think this in an X Files level conspiracy the sequence of getting run over by your brother after a firefight wearing a bomb vest, admitting the crime to a hijack victim and you're both on camera at the crime scene is well...pretty much shut.
Old 04-21-2013, 10:02 PM   #207
JohnR

Quote:

This isn't a faith issue. This is a matter of law. The law will be processed and initial evidence in the court of public opinion does not look good for the last kid remaining. If some miraculous information comes out and proved it is the Easter Bunny, then pink fur will get locked up. But it isn't looking that way.

There is more evidence in the public against this kid than what was out a few days ago when you were calling out the Philly kid.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 04-22-2013, 06:35 AM   #208
Sea Dangles

Using Ted "logic" perhaps we should keep the older brother in our T&P's also.He must be a victim of circumstance also.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Sea Dangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 07:03 AM   #209
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Maybe we should bring back the old use for the Boston Commons, when we are done with him, and put him in the stocks for some public humiliation and stoning.....We could bill it as "Heritage Days"

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
The Dad Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:17 AM   #210
Raven

hey i'm growing my tomatoes as fast as i can TDF
so he might have to set there awhile