Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 11-16-2015, 11:19 PM   #1
fishpoopoo
Wipe My Bottom

Thumbs up "I’m a Gay Man and Mass Muslim Immigration Terrifies Me"

Spot on. Great read.

http://www.breitbart.com/national-se...-terrifies-me/

Quote:

I’m a Gay Man and Mass Muslim Immigration Terrifies Me

by Milo Yiannopoulos16 Nov 2015

I’d hate to be thrown off a roof. I mean, imagine if I landed on this face. But that’s the future Europe and even the US are sleepwalking into if we let wacky progressive hand-wringers keep apologising for radical Islam and calling the rest of us racist for expressing our concern at mass immigration from cultures that care nothing for the rights of women and gays.

You want to see a “patriarchy”? Fly to Riyadh or Tehran. In the former, women can’t drive. (Alright, fair enough, they might be on to something there.) In the latter, gays are hanged, often from cranes in public places. ISIS is even more brutal, hurling fags off the roof after ritually humiliating them. In Raqqa you’ll see women and children sold for a few hundred dollars.

These are the attitudes we’re importing by allowing millions of Muslims to settle in western Europe. Sorry if that sounds intolerant, but remember women and gays aren’t just treated like #^&#^&#^&#^& by ISIS, but mainstream Muslim culture, too. I can’t remember how many Muslim countries have the death penalty for homosexuality. What is it, ten? Eleven?

We now know that at least one of the Paris terrorists came into Europe posing as a “refugee.” This confirms all the worst fears of progressive commentators who were hoping the political Right was wrong about the security threat mass immigration presented.

But there’s a more general concern for liberal western democracies: it’s not just the jihadis, but the attitudes of ordinary Muslims that are a grave cause for concern, not just for the women being gang-raped in Malmö but homosexuals everywhere in Europe.

So you can accuse me of being “islamophobic” if you want, because no, I don’t want to be shouted at or spat on in the street. Maybe my gayness is standing in the way of a Muslim utopia… but I’m going to be selfish here and say maybe we don’t import all the people who want to murder me.

I’m serious. Gay people are getting stoned to death all the time in the Middle East, and not in the fun way: in the throw-big-rocks-at-your-head-until-you-die way. I don’t mean to be callous, but what are we gaining by letting these people in? Why can’t we help them with overseas aid? Why do they need to come here? Aren’t we just encouraging more of them to risk the trip by throwing our borders open?

Put like that, I hope you can appreciate why I’m considering a move to the US and just what you’re giving up by transforming your societies and turning a blind eye to sharia courts where a woman’s testimony is, legally, worth less than a man’s.

You don’t hear progressives complaining about that sort of thing, of course, because somehow crybully Muslims occupy an even more prestigious position on the Oppression League Tables than women and homos. Why are Left-wingers so ferociously pro-immigration from these #^&#^&#^&#^&ing awful countries? I really don’t get it.

Of course, I realise there are some other options available to me. I could always take the veil. Terrorists pretend to be women by wearing it, so why can’t I pretend to be one too, to avoid being queer-bashed in Bradford? Plus, I wouldn’t get hit on by Pakistani rape gangs because as we all know they prefer helpless young white girls to their own beefy, hirsute womenfolk.

But when I think about it, British weather can be awfully muggy, and those things really don’t look very comfy. And how am I supposed to cruise handsome dads in the park wearing a black bedsheet?

From what I can tell, it’s not women and children coming over in these “refugee crises” but strong 22-year-old men. Under ordinary circumstances I’d be fine with a bit of Middle Eastern rough, but I prefer my nocturnal encounters with dark-skinned men to be at least partially consensual.

The Left’s wilful, suicidal ignorance about Muslim culture is at odds with virtually every one of their cherished social justice prescriptions. They look for sexism in “mansplaining” and flirtatious remarks, yet turn a blind eye to a culture where the only acceptable role for women is head-scarfed housewife.

They see intolerance in Halloween costumes, yet ignore the regular atrocities of cultures that mass-murder each other over regional, tribal, and sectarian differences. They think conservatives who disagree with their definition of gay marriage to be bigots worthy of social ostracism, yet welcome into their midst a culture that wants to execute queers like me.

If you don’t believe me, just look at what’s happening in Sweden. A gay pride march that planned to go via a Muslim area was criticised and called “needlessly provocative” by progressives who care more about protecting an immigrant’s right to be a hateful bigot than the rights of gay citizens to express their sexual identity. What am I missing here?

I know this is the point at which I’m supposed to say not all Muslims in the west are bad people, but I can’t bring myself to care about caveats when 1,200 girls are getting raped in Rotherham and Britain is sending more fighters to ISIS than almost any other country. As the journalist and activist Brigitte Gabriel points out, the peaceful majority are irrelevant.

Liberals refuse to face the fact that Muslim immigrants will never adapt to western cultures and become typical Britons without some kind of massive re-education and assimilation. They expect us to expand our progressive worldview by accepting Islam’s bronze-age barbarism.

The problem with accepting all of these people, and their culture, is there’s no place for me in it. You get to have your ISIS friends, or you get to have Milo, because when you invite us to the same party… off the roof I go.

Perhaps this is the Left’s plan all along. Banning me from campuses hasn’t dented my popularity, so perhaps murder is the only way the Left can get rid of me. I would take it as a compliment, but even I’m not egotistical enough to want western civilisation to be destroyed on my account.

Follow Milo Yiannopoulos (@Nero) on Twitter and Facebook, or write to him at milo@breitbart.com. Android users can download Milo Alert! to be notified about new articles when they are published.

Old 11-17-2015, 05:59 AM   #2
scottw

"I think that actions like this are meant to provoke a reaction more than anything else. I wouldn't be surprised if they do these things precisely to stoke anti-Islamic fear...and hopefully...trigger Islamophobic hate crimes." -Spence

Old 11-17-2015, 11:20 AM   #3
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
"I think that actions like this are meant to provoke a reaction more than anything else. I wouldn't be surprised if they do these things precisely to stoke anti-Islamic fear...and hopefully...trigger Islamophobic hate crimes." -Spence

So what are we supposed to do, in order not to play into their hands? When ISIS kills a couple of hundred innocents, are we supposed to pretend that we didn't notice?
Old 11-17-2015, 10:59 PM   #4
FishermanTim

It's ironic that you can't even talk about islam and muslim topics without having to think about how "they" will react!

Here's something I was talking to my mother about last night, in regards to the Islamic terrorist attacks in Paris.

When you hear the phrase "Your chickens have come home to roost" you are explaining exactly what France has experienced.
There was a report a couple years back that stated that with the population of muslim immigrants moving to and living in France, that it would not be too long before true French citizens would become the minority.

Now here's what gets me, and is further confirmation of the truly immoral nature of these radicals (and those that benefit from their actions thru apathy)..these animals think nothing of destroying and killing the land that gave them refuge. How screwed up is that?

Another thing I pointed out was what usually happens when any blonde, blue-eye woman marries and moves "back home" with any muslim man...they find out just how little they matter. Of course they wouldn't believe you if you told them that once thet get there you can't leave...EVER! The women, thinking they'll be living a life of leisure in an exotic land, end up living a life as a sex slave or as "property".

Now Obama I pushing to have thousands of Syrian refugees allowed to come here and we're supposed to welcome them with open arms...just like the French and Germans did!

With no real plan to prevent terrorists from joining the migration (just like our really effective immigration system) I would be frightened to think that the government was welcoming the potential animals that would kill thousands here to come here to join the welfare army.

I am a legend in my own mind!
Old 11-18-2015, 07:45 AM   #5
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Close the borders, across the board. Obama falls back on American values. BS. This is war, an emergency edicts are needed to effect security on our shores. What do you think happened to Japanese Americans during WW2? ,to a lesser extent, German Americans? There are precedents, and we are at war. After seeing the Frontline documentary on ISIS in Afghanistan, I don't know how we can possibly vet these refugees......
Old 11-18-2015, 08:02 AM   #6
fishpoopoo
Wipe My Bottom

You can't vet them because the Syrian government (which Obozo tried to overthrow, remember?) won't talk to us.

Old 11-18-2015, 08:13 AM   #7
Nebe

Am I wrong in thinking that the Syrian refugees that would be coming to the US have been sitting in camps across the boarder in Jordan for years ???
Isn't that a lot different than all the Syrians who dashed across the boarder into turkey and have flooded into Europe ?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 11-18-2015, 08:27 AM   #8
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
Am I wrong in thinking that the Syrian refugees that would be coming to the US have been sitting in camps across the boarder in Jordan for years ???
Isn't that a lot different than all the Syrians who dashed across the boarder into turkey and have flooded into Europe ?
they can ALL come as long as they live in Spence's neighborhood....
Old 11-18-2015, 09:24 AM   #9
Nebe

Quote:
they can ALL come as long as they live in Spence's neighborhood....
That's already happened... With the Azores
Old 11-18-2015, 10:45 AM   #10
Jim in CT

Quote:
Yes, I think you might be wrong. Not sure if this is true...

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/...mid-ISIS-fears

Obama's securiyt folks, are saying we don't have the data we need to figure out exactly who the refugees are. Given that, it does seem to pose a legitimate security concern, does it not?

Everyone wants to help these people. But we can't ignore security.

What a mess.
Old 11-18-2015, 10:57 AM   #11
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Maybe, maybe not. Some reporting states that they have been a queue for 2 years.

FBI Director says vetting would be really hard

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...es-from-syria/

Quote:
FBI Director James Comey added in congressional testimony last month that “a number of people who were of serious concern” slipped through the screening of Iraq War refugees, including two arrested on terrorism-related charges. “There’s no doubt that was the product of a less than excellent vetting,” he said.

Although Comey said the process has since “improved dramatically,” Syrian refugees will be even harder to check because, unlike in Iraq, U.S. soldiers have not been on the ground collecting information on the local population. “If we don’t know much about somebody, there won’t be anything in our data,” he said. “I can’t sit here and offer anybody an absolute assurance that there’s no risk associated with this.”

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 11-18-2015, 10:53 AM   #12
Nebe

That link says nothing about the US. That's all Europe.
The US vetting process takes up to 2 years.
I'm not saying it's perfect.

Your link kind of reinforced what I said. Refugees are dashing into Europe. Not here.
Old 11-18-2015, 11:18 AM   #13
Jim in CT

Quote:
That link says nothing about the US. That's all Europe.
The US vetting process takes up to 2 years.
I'm not saying it's perfect.

Your link kind of reinforced what I said. Refugees are dashing into Europe. Not here.
But as John R and I said, the intelligence heads are saying that we don't have th edata we need to figure out who these peopl eare. If that's the case, you want them living next door to you?
Old 11-18-2015, 12:23 PM   #14
Nebe

woukd I want them as neighbors? As it stands I have no choice who my neighbors are. I stand a greater chance of getting struck by a car in front of my house than dying in a terrorist attack.

Do you remember what situation Mary and Joseph were in before Jesus was born ? Think on that and think on what your religion is based on.. Love. Acceptance. Giving.
Old 11-18-2015, 12:43 PM   #15
Jim in CT

Quote:
woukd I want them as neighbors? As it stands I have no choice who my neighbors are. I stand a greater chance of getting struck by a car in front of my house than dying in a terrorist attack.

Do you remember what situation Mary and Joseph were in before Jesus was born ? Think on that and think on what your religion is based on.. Love. Acceptance. Giving.
It gets tiresome when every time a conservative says "but", liberals claim that the conservatives don't care.

I want to help these people. But I also want to do it in a way that keeps jihadists out. I do not think that makes me a hatemonger.

The first job of the feds is to protect us.
Old 11-18-2015, 12:46 PM   #16
Nebe

Why don't we ban the sale of guns while we are at it. Because someone that is a US citizen "might" shot someone. It's the same logic
Old 11-18-2015, 01:08 PM   #17
scottw

we are so screwed.....
Old 11-18-2015, 03:06 PM   #18
Jim in CT

Quote:
we are so screwed.....
Yep. When one of the 2 major parties is debating whether or not boys should use the boys' locker room, the complete collapse of civilization cannot be too far behind.

When I started my career at Aetna, on my first day, the HR person gave me a tour, then walked me to my desk and told me to get to work. It never occurred to me to ask where the designated "safe space" was, or to tell him that I use the ladies' room because I choose to identify myself that way even though I have a wee wee. And one day, when some people at my table in thecafeteria said that Catholics were just a bunch of child molesters , it never occurred to me that I should march into to the CEOs office, tell him that my hurt feelings were his fault, and ask him to (1) denounce his white male priviledge, and then (2) resign.
'
Security would have dragged me out of there by by neck, and taken me to the closest mental institution. Which is probably Wesleyan University.
Old 11-18-2015, 02:59 PM   #19
Jim in CT

Quote:
Why don't we ban the sale of guns while we are at it. Because someone that is a US citizen "might" shot someone. It's the same logic
Not remotely the same logic. First, we have a Constitution that we are not allowed to violate, and the 2nd Amendment of said Constitution says that the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. That's pretty clear language. Where in the Constitution does it say we have to allow in refugees?

Second, a gun is an inanimate object. Left alone, it cannot harm anyone. A terrorist is actively trying to murder as many civiliands as possible.
Old 11-18-2015, 01:37 PM   #20
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
This site should start a raffle.
Closest prediction to a terrorist attack in the US (where & when) wins a plug, Rod & reel, charter, ect.......
Old 11-18-2015, 03:52 PM   #21
Nebe

I hear the cafeteria is great there.
Old 11-18-2015, 03:54 PM   #22
Jim in CT

Quote:
I hear the cafeteria is great there.
OK, that was a good one, gotta give credit where credit is due.
Old 11-18-2015, 04:08 PM   #23
Nebe

Old 11-19-2015, 01:21 PM   #24
PaulS

Just bf WWII we turned away a ship full of Jews trying to escape Germany. Many of those Jews where later killed by the Nazis. That was a break from our one of our core principles and was a stain on our country. Seems like history is repeating itself.
Old 11-19-2015, 01:36 PM   #25
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Just bf WWII we turned away a ship full of Jews trying to escape Germany. Many of those Jews where later killed by the Nazis. That was a break from our one of our core principles and was a stain on our country. Seems like history is repeating itself.
"Seems like history is repeating itself"

Yes, it's exactly the same thing, provided that European Jews all across the continent were blowing up stadiums and machine gunning concert halls and stabbing everyone they could get their hands on and taking to the streets daily by the millions to chant "DEATH TO AMERICA."

Were the European Jews doing those things? If not...then it's not history repeating itself.
Old 11-19-2015, 02:24 PM   #26
PaulS

The European Jews were not. (Edit - Actually the reason the ship was turned away was bc it was thought they where security threats and/or communists.). The overwhelming majority are just trying to escape death. I read we let in 750K since 9/11 and there were either 3 or 0 people arrested for terrorism. Basically none.

Did we stop Saudi's after 9/11 even though I think all but 1 were Saudi nationals? The terrorists in France where almost all homegrown from France and Belgium. Lebanon let in 1,000,000 and we can't settle 10,000?

Last edited by PaulS; 11-19-2015 at 02:37 PM..
Old 11-19-2015, 03:31 PM   #27
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
The European Jews were not. (Edit - Actually the reason the ship was turned away was bc it was thought they where security threats and/or communists.). The overwhelming majority are just trying to escape death. I read we let in 750K since 9/11 and there were either 3 or 0 people arrested for terrorism. Basically none.

Did we stop Saudi's after 9/11 even though I think all but 1 were Saudi nationals? The terrorists in France where almost all homegrown from France and Belgium. Lebanon let in 1,000,000 and we can't settle 10,000?
There is no comparison whatsoever between the security threats posed by a boatload of European Jews, and a boatload of Syrian refugees (unless you can check them out, which Obama's leaders are saying we can't).

"Did we stop Saudi's after 9/11 "

Did we let any in that we couldn't determone who the hell they were?

"we can't settle 10,000"

Not if we have no way of determining who they are.

"Lebanon let in 1,000,000 "

Are the jihadists trying to kill every Lebanese person they can find? Nope. They want to kill us, though.

We can talk about whether or not we shoul dlet these people in. But it's the height of intellectual dishonesty to compare this situation with the European Jews. The Jewish extremists weren't hijacking planes and then flying them into our biuldings.
Old 11-19-2015, 02:29 PM   #28
Nebe

Anne Frank was one of the Jews who's family tried to come here and was turned away.
Old 11-19-2015, 02:54 PM   #29
PaulS

She had a co-author on her book.
Old 11-19-2015, 03:04 PM   #30
Nebe

In the end of that book she comes out of the closet.