Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 04-08-2019, 12:09 PM   #1
Sea Dangles

first step act

Happy to see the president give prison reform some attention. This has been talked about for years with no results to speak of. Great idea here from the racist.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 04-08-2019, 01:53 PM   #2
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Happy to see the president give prison reform some attention. This has been talked about for years with no results to speak of. Great idea here from the racist.
Senator Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) urged fellow Republicans to pass legislation during the lame duck session of the 115th United States Congress, by tweet, "GOP colleagues: NOW is time to pass crim justice reform unless your argument is that you prefer to work w Speaker Nancy Pelosi to pass a bill?

The act was signed by President Donald Trump (not his Idea) but positive nonetheless

once again something that should have been done because it needed to be done ... was ushered in in lame duck session for partisans reasons
Old 04-08-2019, 02:22 PM   #3
Nebe

Maybe he’s fluffing up his new nest?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 04-08-2019, 05:51 PM   #4
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Senator Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) urged fellow Republicans to pass legislation during the lame duck session of the 115th United States Congress, by tweet, "GOP colleagues: NOW is time to pass crim justice reform unless your argument is that you prefer to work w Speaker Nancy Pelosi to pass a bill?

The act was signed by President Donald Trump (not his Idea) but positive nonetheless

once again something that should have been done because it needed to be done ... was ushered in in lame duck session for partisans reasons
Is that because it would have been opposed for partisan reason? Again,you like the results but oppose how it happened. What does that tell you?

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 04-09-2019, 07:37 AM   #5
wdmso

Quote:
Is that because it would have been opposed for partisan reason? Again,you like the results but oppose how it happened. What does that tell you?
it tells me the true reason was for a win 1st not the actual bill itself afraid they were going to lose the Senate which they didn't

At most dems would have expanded it not killed it ,,and for them that would be worse
Old 04-09-2019, 08:30 AM   #6
Sea Dangles

Despite your whatabout it seems you are pleased with the outcome. But never without throwing a shot at the other party despite approving. If the Dems liked it so much I am sure you are surprised they never accomplished such.
Old 04-09-2019, 08:57 AM   #7
Jim in CT

Quote:
it tells us everything. everything.
Old 04-09-2019, 08:59 AM   #8
Jim in CT

Quote:
it tells me the true reason was for a win 1st not the actual bill itself afraid they were going to lose the Senate which they didn't

At most dems would have expanded it not killed it ,,and for them that would be worse
how come obama didn’t do it in his first two years, when the dems controlled everything?
Old 04-09-2019, 12:17 PM   #9
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
how come obama didn’t do it in his first two years, when the dems controlled everything?
Health care before prison reform reasonable priority .. or once again you see them as equally important .. then who took over both houses

Back at you.. why with both houses why pass prison reform over comprehensive immigration reform?
Old 04-09-2019, 12:23 PM   #10
Jim in CT

Quote:
Health care before prison reform reasonable priority .. or once again you see them as equally important .. then who took over both houses

Back at you.. why with both houses why pass prison reform over comprehensive immigration reform?
I have said many many times, that Trump deserves serious criticism for not building the wall when he could have. I can criticize Trump.

I didn't know Obama couldn't do 2 things at once.
Old 04-09-2019, 01:59 PM   #11
wdmso

Quote:
I have said many many times, that Trump deserves serious criticism for not building the wall when he could have. I can criticize Trump.

I didn't know Obama couldn't do 2 things at once.
it's called national priorities clearly prison reform wasn't on his list
building the wall is not what i would call comprehensive immigration reform?
Old 04-09-2019, 02:22 PM   #12
Jim in CT

Quote:
it's called national priorities clearly prison reform wasn't on his list
building the wall is not what i would call comprehensive immigration reform?
i know what prioritizatiim means. I also know what TDS stands for.

You like the prison reform, if Hilary did it you’d be weeping with joy. you can’t give him credit for doing something to help the country. You can’t.
Old 04-09-2019, 03:22 PM   #13
spence

Quote:
You like the prison reform, if Hilary did it you’d be weeping with joy. you can’t give him credit for doing something to help the country. You can’t.
What this thread is missing is all the criminal justice reform Obama signed his second term that Trump undid. Far outweighs the bi partisan legislation. One step forward two steps back.
Old 04-10-2019, 07:10 AM   #14
wdmso

Quote:
i know what prioritizatiim means. I also know what TDS stands for.

I clearly said it was positive that he signed it .. my issue is the reasons he signed it ... for a win

seems you still suffer from HDS. You do know she lost
Old 04-10-2019, 07:51 AM   #15
Sea Dangles

Quote:
I clearly said it was positive that he signed it .. my issue is the reasons he signed it ... for a win

seems you still suffer from HDS. You do know she lost
Wayne, you are more similar to Trump than you might want to admit. Everything is party driven in your world and you either want credit or to place blame based on affiliation. More concerned with motives than results. Two peas in a pod I guess.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 04-10-2019, 11:35 AM   #16
wdmso

Quote:
Wayne, you are more similar to Trump than you might want to admit. Everything is party driven in your world and you either want credit or to place blame based on affiliation. More concerned with motives than results. Two peas in a pod I guess.
Again I see the reasons why Trump signed it are not debatable because he signed it ...

kinda like kraft and his behavior is excusable to some because he gave lots of money to charities that help the women like those who serviced him...
Old 04-10-2019, 12:22 PM   #17
Sea Dangles

The word superfluous comes to mind. As far as Kraft, I think a lot of people simply don’t care or may want to pick their battles instead of being in every fight.

Last edited by Sea Dangles; 04-10-2019 at 12:33 PM..