Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 04-13-2020, 12:05 PM   #1
Pete F.
Canceled

Just what will be the Stable Genius's next well considered move

TRUMP: It’s the STATES’ job to get equipment and PPE and figure out how to deal with COVID, not the federal government!

ALSO TRUMP: Only I, the Great and Powerful Oz, can determine when we have dealt with COVID and can reopen the country!

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
Governors, get your states testing programs & apparatus perfected. Be ready, big things are happening. No excuses! The Federal Government is there to help. We are testing more than any country in the World. Also, gear up with Face Masks!
5:43 PM · Apr 12, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump 1h
For the purpose of creating conflict and confusion, some in the Fake News Media are saying that it is the Governors decision to open up the states, not that of the President of the United States & the Federal Government. Let it be fully understood that this is incorrect....
....It is the decision of the President, and for many good reasons. With that being said, the Administration and I are working closely with the Governors, and this will continue. A decision by me, in conjunction with the Governors and input from others, will be made shortly!

This tweet is just false. The President has no formal legal authority to categorically override local or state shelter-in-place orders or to reopen schools and small businesses.

No statute delegates to him such power; no constitutional provision invests him with such authority.

But if you pay attention when it's time for controversial decisions to be made, he becomes a federalist—insisting he has no role and letting the buck stop with governors.

And when he thinks a move will be popular, like "reopening the economy," suddenly the ball is in his court.

Just waiting for the next firing............

I'm convinced he could slit Fauci's throat on live TV and his defenders would shrug it off.

"Well, yes, Trump murdered a renowned virologist during a pandemic, but the real story here is the media's coverage."

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-13-2020, 04:49 PM   #2
Sea Dangles

🍔
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device