Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

     

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container
 

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-07-2014, 09:46 AM   #91
justplugit
Registered Grandpa
iTrader: (0)
 
justplugit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: east coast
Posts: 8,589
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post

The GOP picked the right guy to head these hearings.
You got that right, Jim. Gowdy is a bulldog and nobodies lunch meat.
Having been a Prosecuter in the 7th District of SC , I don't believe he ever lost a case.

What ever it costs to get to the truth will be worth it. If the taxpayers can spend $40 million for Air Force 1 and other expenses to pay for Obama's and Biden's vacations over the last 5 years we can spend the $ to get at the real truth.

" Choose Life "
justplugit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 10:13 AM   #92
PaulS
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
PaulS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 6,091
Quote:
Originally Posted by justplugit View Post
You got that right, Jim. Gowdy is a bulldog and nobodies lunch meat.
Having been a Prosecuter in the 7th District of SC , I don't believe he ever lost a case.

What ever it costs to get to the truth will be worth it. If the taxpayers can spend $40 million for Air Force 1 and other expenses to pay for Obama's and Biden's vacations over the last 5 years we can spend the $ to get at the real truth.
I'm sure you use to complain about Pres. Bush's vacations
PaulS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 10:45 AM   #93
buckman
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
buckman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Mansfield
Posts: 4,834
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post

And didn't Hillary say in her "what difference does it make" speach something along the lines of .... "as long as we find out who did it, why and how to prevent it from happening again".
Curious if you think this will ever get accomplished ?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
buckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 10:55 AM   #94
PaulS
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
PaulS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 6,091
Yes, I think they will find and kill the people directly responsible. I have no idea how many that will be.

Will we ever prevent more deaths from terrorism - never. Our govern. will continue to try but it is impossible and I'm shocked (and thankfull) we haven't had more deaths since 9/11.
PaulS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 11:04 AM   #95
buckman
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
buckman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Mansfield
Posts: 4,834
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Yes, I think they will find and kill the people directly responsible. I have no idea how many that will be.

Will we ever prevent more deaths from terrorism - never. Our govern. will continue to try but it is impossible and I'm shocked (and thankfull) we haven't had more deaths since 9/11.
Our government under this administration has been a string of failures. I wonder why you think that will change when no one is held accountable for these failures .

I think it's Jay Carny who said "The Obama administration at no time was aware of what the Obama administration was doing at that time"
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
buckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 11:23 AM   #96
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 7,537
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
So what have they found so far? Nothing.

I think the WH shouldn't have said anything until they were 100% clear. However if that happened people would be up in arms about the silence. With the 24/7 coverage, you're dammed if you do, dammed if you don't.

And didn't Hillary say in her "what difference does it make" speach something along the lines of .... "as long as we find out who did it, why and how to prevent it from happening again".
"So what have they found so far? Nothing."

I think they found that the administration, for a time, ignored a lot of evidence and suggestion that it had nothing to do with the video. They learned that once there was a document from the CIA that mentioned the video, they ignored everything else. A very compelling case can be made, that they ignored everything else and focused on the video as long as they could, because that narrative did not indicate a failure in policy. It being an election season, there is no bigger political motivation than winning the presidential election, so that had motive to be less than honest.

It also just came out that back when this happened, Foxnews (naturally) broke that the video had nothing to do with it. There was a 7-page email that circulated among senior Obama staff that dealt with how they should respond to Fox's story. The administration will not release that entire email - how's that for a "transparent" administration we were promised.

There are insane hearings all the time. If the Obama administration has nothing to hide (and it stands to reason they do), they have nothing to fear, other than the inconvenience.

Let's have open hearings, everyone there, everying being honest. If it's nothing more than a witch-hunt, hold the GOP accountable. If the administration did anyhting wrong, hold them accountable.

Fair enough?
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 11:29 AM   #97
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 7,537
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
And didn't Hillary say in her "what difference does it make" speach something along the lines of .... "as long as we find out who did it, why and how to prevent it from happening again".
She did say that, and it makes her statement less putrid. But it still matters, because justice always matters, and justice always requires truth, does it not? I'm sure it matters to the families of the victims, to know what actually happened. Then again, she's not a huge fan of the truth, is she?

Hilary: I got off the plane, and immediately came under sniper fire. I had to DIVE! into a Hum-vee!

Reporter: Here is a video of the scene. You are smiling and waving, and casually getting into the vehicle. No gunshots.

Bill Clinton: She was tired, so she's not responsible for what she says.

Spence: Good enough for me! Hoo-ray!

In other words (assuming Bill was being honest, which he wasn't), when she's tired, she becomes delusional, unable to differentiate between reality and fantasy. And she wants to be President? Are you kidding me? I think Presidents need to be able to display some rationality even when tired.

Tell me I'm wrong?
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 11:30 AM   #98
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 7,537
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Will we ever prevent more deaths from terrorism - never. Our govern. will continue to try but it is impossible and I'm shocked (and thankfull) we haven't had more deaths since 9/11.
True. There are lunatics out there, and we probably can't stop them all.
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 12:06 PM   #99
PaulS
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
PaulS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 6,091
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Tell me I'm wrong?
How many time have you brought that up and yet you aren't concerned with either the lie (or the bungling stupidity) that got us into the Iraq war that caused over 4,500 soldiers death? Does the word justice ever come up in regards to this issue? Don't the families of the soldiers deserve to know?

How many embassies where attacked during the Bush admin?

So let's have more hearings. We don't have the truth yet bc the Reps aren't satisfied and think there is a conspiracy that they'll soon uncover.
PaulS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 02:52 PM   #100
PaulS
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
PaulS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 6,091
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post

Let's have open hearings, everyone there, everying being honest. If it's nothing more than a witch-hunt, hold the GOP accountable. If the administration did anyhting wrong, hold them accountable.
Just heard that the The National Republican Congressional Committee has solicited money through a petition called Benghazi Watchdog on its website, which says, “Let’s go after Obama and Hilary Clinton,”

The spell check nazis will have a field day with that.
PaulS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 03:06 PM   #101
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 7,537
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
How many time have you brought that up and yet you aren't concerned with either the lie (or the bungling stupidity) that got us into the Iraq war that caused over 4,500 soldiers death? Does the word justice ever come up in regards to this issue? Don't the families of the soldiers deserve to know?

How many embassies where attacked during the Bush admin?

So let's have more hearings. We don't have the truth yet bc the Reps aren't satisfied and think there is a conspiracy that they'll soon uncover.
"you aren't concerned with either the lie (or the bungling stupidity) that got us into the Iraq war that caused over 4,500 soldiers death?"

If it was a lie or stupidity, then the list of liars and idiots includes Hilary Clinton (also Senators Biden, Edwards, Boxer, Reid, Schumer, Feinstein, all thos eneocons!), who voted to invade Iraq and who said that Iraq had WMDs. Paul, I was there, so it impacted me more than I bet it did you. But a lot of smart, decent people reached the same conclusion. Husseain signed a treaty ending the first war, and one of the terms wa sthat he give inspectors access. He kept kicking them out. What do you do in that case? Nothing?

"Don't the families of the soldiers deserve to know? "

Know WHAT? The vast majority of professional intelligence analysts reached th esame conclusion. It turned out to be wrong. That doesn't make thos epeople evil. Intelligence, unfortunately, is not an exact science.

"How many embassies where attacked during the Bush admin?"

In how many cases did the ambassador ask for more security and get denied? In how many cases did Bush cover up what happened? I don't blame a President for every bad thing that hapens, you can't control everything. But there's evidence here of some incompetence and dishonesty. I'm sorry if that gets you worked up.

"So let's have more hearings"

Yes, let's. If they don't shed light on anything new, we can at least deny the right-wing nuts the ability to say that Obama wasn't forthcoming.
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 05:24 AM   #102
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 6,174
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
Our government under this administration has been a string of failures. I wonder why you think that will change when no one is held accountable for these failures .

Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
BINGO.....it's like those parents that take their brat(s) out to eat at a restaurant and the kids make a mess and are noisy and disruptive to everyone in the place, but the parents don't see anything wrong in their little angels, they see everyone else as the problem and they sit there and smile at their children as they create mayhem and they glare at the poor waitress cleaning up the messes they look down their noses at the other restaurant patrons just trying to enjoy peace and their meals who might appear disturbed by the obnoxious behavior...GOD forbid anyone say anything to them about their questionable parenting and the antics of their offspring because that would unleash all sorts of insults for attacking their children....it's pretty much like that...
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 09:24 AM   #103
justplugit
Registered Grandpa
iTrader: (0)
 
justplugit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: east coast
Posts: 8,589
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
I'm sure you use to complain about Pres. Bush's vacations
Yes, I complain about any over indulgence in spending hard earned taxpayer dollars.

" Choose Life "
justplugit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 09:37 AM   #104
justplugit
Registered Grandpa
iTrader: (0)
 
justplugit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: east coast
Posts: 8,589
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post

Yes, let's. If they don't shed light on anything new, we can at least deny the right-wing nuts the ability to say that Obama wasn't forthcoming.

This whole mess could be cleared up in an hour if Obama and Clinton went before the American people and explained what happened while releasing all the documents pertaining to it , without having Judicial Watch sue under the Freedom of Information Act to get them.

Ahh the transparency.

" Choose Life "
justplugit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 10:04 AM   #105
buckman
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
buckman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Mansfield
Posts: 4,834
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by justplugit View Post
This whole mess could be cleared up in an hour if Obama and Clinton went before the American people and explained what happened while releasing all the documents pertaining to it , without having Judicial Watch sue under the Freedom of Information Act to get them.

Ahh the transparency.
It's been like that this whole presidency. Every investigation . Now the Democrats are going to try to block and boycott any investigation the house has. Nothing to hide then be open and
forthright ..... That's what Spence and Paul want .
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
buckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 12:53 PM   #106
spence
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: RI
Posts: 17,732
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
It's been like that this whole presidency. Every investigation . Now the Democrats are going to try to block and boycott any investigation the house has. Nothing to hide then be open and
forthright ..... That's what Spence and Paul want .
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Is this the fourth or fifth House investigation? I've lost count...
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
spence is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 12:59 PM   #107
buckman
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
buckman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Mansfield
Posts: 4,834
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Is this the fourth or fifth House investigation? I've lost count...
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
It's just beginning too
It takes time to fight corruption and incompetence of this magnitude
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
buckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 01:38 PM   #108
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 7,537
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Is this the fourth or fifth House investigation? I've lost count...
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
There have been more hearings than there have been arrests, right?

I do hope this is the last one. Let's make it so open and thorough, that no rational person could suggest we need to re-visit. There are some very moderate Republicans like McCain and Graham, 2 guys who are not party hacks nor are they obstructionist (they have voted for Democratic judicial nominees, more than I can say for some right-wing nuts) who want these hearings.

Let's get it over with.
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 05:14 PM   #109
spence
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: RI
Posts: 17,732
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Just heard that the The National Republican Congressional Committee has solicited money through a petition called Benghazi Watchdog on its website, which says, “Let’s go after Obama and Hilary Clinton,”

The spell check nazis will have a field day with that.
After the health insurance companies just testified this week and blew away The GOP FUD on the ACA they don't have much else to work with.

The fact that the GOP is starting to actively try and raise campaign cash on Benghazi is repugnant. God Jim, even you have to agree with that.

Some people need to wake up and realize that hatred for Obama and Clinton isn't a winning strategy.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
spence is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 07:09 PM   #110
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 6,174
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
After the health insurance companies just testified this week and blew away The GOP FUD on the ACA they don't have much else to work with. you mean this?


Testifying before a hearing of the House Energy and Commerce Oversight Committee, Mark Pratt, Senior Vice President, State Affairs America’s Health Insurance Plans, raised questions about the White House’s claim that nearly 8 million Americans have signed up for a health insurance plan under the Affordable Care Act.

“Because of the challenges that surfaced with the launch of the Exchanges in October 2013, some consumers were advised to create a new account and enroll again,” Pratt said Wednesday.

“As a result, insurers have many duplicate enrollments in their system for which they never received any payment. In cases where an insurer has a new enrollment for a consumer who previously enrolled, they are not expecting that original policy to be effectuated – even though that data is still reported,” he added.

Simply put, according to Pratt, glitches in the online exchanges that resulted in Americans signing up more than once for the same plan may have created “duplicate enrollments” that are being counted by the Obama administration toward final sign-up figures.

It’s important to note that “sign-ups” are different from “enrollments” as the latter require payment. Further, and despite the fact that the White House tends to use these two terms interchangeably, the House Energy and Commerce Committee announced last week that only 67 percent of the nearly 8 million sign-ups have paid their first month’s insurance premium, meaning only two-thirds of White House’s Obamacare sign-ups are formally enrolled in a plan.

what's 67% -80% of "nearly" 8 million minus the duplicates?...it's not 8 million it would also be interesting to know how many of those felt "forced" into Obamacare http://finance.yahoo.com/news/policy...1399.html...if if Obama was a car salesman, and he'd proudly claimed in a commercial to have sold 8 million cars and it was discovered that of those 8 million, applications had been made twice by the same people for the same car, only 67-80 % of the cars had actually been paid for, many had been forced to buy cars from him due to government regulations or because their cars were taken from them due to new government regulations, many had bought cars because the government offered to subsidize the cost of the car Of the 983,775 people in Florida who selected a private health plan through the exchange, about 91 percent or 893,655 received financial aid to pay for it, according to the report issued by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.

how is this different than those third world dictators who rig an election and then celebrate the fact that they got 97% of the vote?

...i love Obama math.... I bet they keep counting you after you are dead too...it's like voting for democrats


The fact that the GOP is starting to actively try and raise campaign cash on Benghazi is repugnant. God Jim, even you have to agree with that. I'm sure it's just beyond the pale..maybe the Dems could counter with a "Clinton Bengazi Defense Fund"... if you'd like I can prepare a long list of tragedies that the Dems have used to raise campaign cash so that you can express similar feigned outrage as you seem brimming.

pretty funny...“Fundraising off the Benghazi tragedy is despicable and insulting and has no place in the national conversation,” Israel said in the statement. “Speaker Boehner and Chairman Walden should immediately take down their BenghaziWatchdogs.com website and stop insulting the memory of the brave Americans who were lost there.”

But directly above Israel’s statement is a humongous “CONTRIBUTE NOW” button, where visitors can click to cough up some cash for the DCCC." some people

Some people need to wake up and realize that hatred for Obama and Clinton isn't a winning strategy.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
both are well established liars and have solid track records of incompetence(which I think you'd call impressive resumes), this isn't about hating them... although it's a simple juvenile exercise to suggest that it's about "hate" whenever their honesty and competence comes into question...it's about distrusting them and questioning their competence...which, given their track record...is pretty sensible...enabling liars and incompetents in positions of power is not a winning strategy either

Last edited by scottw; 05-09-2014 at 05:53 AM..
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 08:19 AM   #111
spence
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: RI
Posts: 17,732
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Wasn't the video produced by an American citizen? What about that, Spence? Obama's job is to represent that citizen. And what does Obama do? Throws him under the bus, and informs jihadists all over the world that this American citizen made an anti-Islamic vodeo. Isn't that putting a target on that guy's head? Is that in Obama's job description - "rather than admit that you got caught looking the wrong way, better to blame an innocent civilian who you are supposed to be representing, even if it puts his life at risk"?

Am I wrong on that?
An innocent civilian?

I believe he was a Coptic Christian born in Egypt and naturalized in the USA. The guy is a scumbag...meth dealer, bank fraud. He had 13 known aliases. Producing and distributing the video was a violation of his probation and then he lied it was funded by Jews and that he was Jewish.

The video is a joke. His entire purposed appears to have been to denigrate Islam with no redeemable value. His intentional actions led to violence against Americans in Egypt, possibly Libya and countless other locations around the region.

What he did was akin to yelling fire in a theater. He may have a right to free speech but that doesn't mean the government can't reject it.

-spence
spence is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 08:43 AM   #112
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 7,537
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
An innocent civilian?

I believe he was a Coptic Christian born in Egypt and naturalized in the USA. The guy is a scumbag...meth dealer, bank fraud. He had 13 known aliases. Producing and distributing the video was a violation of his probation and then he lied it was funded by Jews and that he was Jewish.

The video is a joke. His entire purposed appears to have been to denigrate Islam with no redeemable value. His intentional actions led to violence against Americans in Egypt, possibly Libya and countless other locations around the region.

What he did was akin to yelling fire in a theater. He may have a right to free speech but that doesn't mean the government can't reject it.

-spence
"The guy is a scumbag..."

Spence, please tell me where in Obama's oath of office, it says that he only swears to "preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution" as it applies to non-scumbags?

Even if all you say is true (I have no data to refute it), is that a valid reason for Obama to throw this guy under the bus, to blame him for the deaths of 4 Americans?

"His intentional actions led to violence against Americans "

Wrong. What led to violence against Americans is the fact that millions and millions of Muslims resort to barbaric violence when someone calls them names, instead of just ignoring them like civilized people would do.

Imagine for a second if American Catholics spilled innocent blood every time someone said something derogatory about them?
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 09:47 AM   #113
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK
iTrader: (0)
 
RIROCKHOUND's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Westlery, RI
Posts: 9,567
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
The fact that the GOP is starting to actively try and raise campaign cash on Benghazi is repugnant. God Jim, even you have to agree with that.


Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Boehner wouldn't even strongly oppose that.. At least Gowdy did...

So Jim.
If this investigation finds nothing damning, will you let it go and denounce all who tread on the deaths of 4 Americans for political gain?

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
RIROCKHOUND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 11:48 AM   #114
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 7,537
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
Boehner wouldn't even strongly oppose that.. At least Gowdy did...

So Jim.
If this investigation finds nothing damning, will you let it go and denounce all who tread on the deaths of 4 Americans for political gain?
Ben

"Boehner wouldn't even strongly oppose that.. At least Gowdy did... "

Please. You telling me thatthe Democrats didn't exploitth edeaths of thousands of servicemen in Iraq, to raise money at fundraisers. Political fundraisers involve showing how dangerous your opponent is. If th efacts are corrcet, it's not evil. Benghazi wants to make me give more to the GOP.
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 12:17 PM   #115
buckman
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
buckman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Mansfield
Posts: 4,834
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Ben

"Boehner wouldn't even strongly oppose that.. At least Gowdy did... "

Please. You telling me thatthe Democrats didn't exploitth edeaths of thousands of servicemen in Iraq, to raise money at fundraisers. Political fundraisers involve showing how dangerous your opponent is. If th efacts are corrcet, it's not evil. Benghazi wants to make me give more to the GOP.
Democrats are blind to blatant hypocracy Jim . Maybe Brian will man up and admit you're right .....
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
buckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 01:38 PM   #116
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 7,537
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
Democrats are blind to blatant hypocracy Jim . Maybe Brian will man up and admit you're right .....
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
If someone tries to personally profit from this, that's one thing. If the GOP wants to use this as a talking point at a fund-raiser, I have zero issues with that. I want the GOP telling voters what the Dems did here (as long as their facts are correct).
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 05:10 PM   #117
spence
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: RI
Posts: 17,732
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
"The guy is a scumbag..."

Spence, please tell me where in Obama's oath of office, it says that he only swears to "preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution" as it applies to non-scumbags?
How did he deny the producer of his Constitutional rights? The guy is in jail for violating his probation.

The funny thing is nobody seemed to be outraged when Bush "apologized" to Muslims for actions by Americans, multiple times in fact.

Quote:
Even if all you say is true (I have no data to refute it), is that a valid reason for Obama to throw this guy under the bus, to blame him for the deaths of 4 Americans?
He didn't blame him for the deaths, he was saying, hey…we ain't smoking the same chit is all.

Quote:
Wrong. What led to violence against Americans is the fact that millions and millions of Muslims resort to barbaric violence when someone calls them names, instead of just ignoring them like civilized people would do.
The millions and millions of Muslims did ignore it like civilized people do.

Seriously, I can't believe you actually wrote that.

Quote:
Imagine for a second if American Catholics spilled innocent blood every time someone said something derogatory about them?
Hyperbole at its best…oy vey.

-spence
spence is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 05:33 PM   #118
spence
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: RI
Posts: 17,732
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
If th efacts are corrcet, it's not evil. Benghazi wants to make me give more to the GOP.
Usually your facts are not correct, does that then make YOU evil?

-spence
spence is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 07:32 PM   #119
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 7,537
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
How did he deny the producer of his Constitutional rights? The guy is in jail for violating his probation.

The funny thing is nobody seemed to be outraged when Bush "apologized" to Muslims for actions by Americans, multiple times in fact.


He didn't blame him for the deaths, he was saying, hey…we ain't smoking the same chit is all.


The millions and millions of Muslims did ignore it like civilized people do.

Seriously, I can't believe you actually wrote that.


Hyperbole at its best…oy vey.

-spence
'How did he deny the producer of his Constitutional rights"

Hmmm. Let's see....Oh yes! Obama told the world this guy was responsible for what happened in Benghazi, and simultaneously invited every Islamic nutjob to take a shot at him. What do you call that, high-quality representation? Is that Obama's idea of serving this guy?

"The funny thing is nobody seemed to be outraged when Bush "apologized" to Muslims for actions by Americans"

Oh. So you're saying Bush was weak on American exceptionalism, and apologized to jihadists? I thought he was a war-hawk? Can't have it both ways...I love it. Spence says Bush was soft with Muslims...

"He didn't blame him for the deaths"

Obama blamed the guy for the uprising. The uprising led to the deaths. If A caused B, and B caused C, ...am I going too fast?

"I can't believe you actually wrote that"

Most sociologists say that 1% or 2% of Muslims worldwide support jihadists. There's what, 1.5 billion Muslims in the world? Borrow a calculator, do the math. Sorry if that fact doesn't suit your insipid agenda, but it's a fact nonetheless. If you have other facts (such as claiming that gun ownership in Canada isn't all that high, or the Hilary really did get shot at), well, we are all ears...please enlighten me...
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 07:33 PM   #120
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 7,537
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Usually your facts are not correct, does that then make YOU evil?

-spence
Coming from the walking Encyclopedia Britanica, who says that gun ownership isn't all that high in Canada...

Insults are so easy, Spence...
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Please use all necessary and proper safety precautions. STAY SAFE Striper Talk Forums
Copyright 1998-20012 Striped-Bass.com