Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 01-26-2022, 08:49 AM   #1
wdmso

If your not cheating your not In the GOP

Federal court says Alabama's congressional map disadvantages Black voters

Justice Department Files Lawsuit Against the State of Texas to Challenge Statewide Redistricting Plans

new Texas political maps as intentionally discriminatory

The U.S. Supreme Court this week rejected a lawsuit from Wisconsin Republicans seeking to kill a redistricting case brought by Democrats, keeping hope alive for liberals that they can seek to block GOP-drawn maps through the federal courts.

Funny And Republicans want election integrity. So they say ..
Old 01-26-2022, 08:58 AM   #2
Jim in CT

That's bad, and it should be fixed.

Here in CT, in the last 2 governors races, they kept polls open later than they were supposed to, in big cities of Hartford and Bridgeport. Guess which way those precincts lean?

The reason given, was that 2 elections in a row, they didn't have enough ballots.

I mean, who knew you need ballots on election day? And they didn't learn that lesson from the previous election, to make sure they had enough next time?

It's kind of funny, that they had enough ballots in the conservative precincts, so those all closed on time.

i think election cheating is awful. But unlike you, I think it's awful when either side does it.

Despite the claims here that the GOP is essentially dead, it controls a decent majority of state governments. So they get to draw the lines.
Old 01-26-2022, 09:03 AM   #3
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

Funny And Republicans want election integrity. So they say ..
stop whining.....

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-w...ntrol-the-maps

As Democrats across the country blast aggressive Republican gerrymanders as a blatant threat to America’s democratic order, party leaders in two blue states are playing hardball with their own congressional district lines, finalizing plans that could shut Republicans entirely out of delegations to the U.S. House of Representatives.

Those states, Maryland and New Mexico, underscore the tension between a faction of Democrats who publicly support reforming the redistricting process and legislators who control blue states who are committing the same sort of gerrymanders the GOP has executed in other states.

“I don’t think it’s fair to say that they’re just responding to Republicans,” said Doug Spencer, an associate professor of law at the University of Colorado who runs the All About Redistricting website. “Despite all the rhetoric, they have shown themselves to be equally thirsty for power.”
Old 01-26-2022, 09:11 AM   #4
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
stop whining.....

As Democrats across the country blast aggressive Republican gerrymanders as a blatant threat to America’s democratic order, party leaders in two blue states are playing hardball with their own congressional district lines, finalizing plans that could shut Republicans entirely out of delegations to the U.S. House of Representatives.

Those states, Maryland and New Mexico, underscore the tension between a faction of Democrats who publicly support reforming the redistricting process and legislators who control blue states who are committing the same sort of gerrymanders the GOP has executed in other states.

“I don’t think it’s fair to say that they’re just responding to Republicans,” said Doug Spencer, an associate professor of law at the University of Colorado who runs the All About Redistricting website. “Despite all the rhetoric, they have shown themselves to be equally thirsty for power.”
but you’re failing to see that it’s OK when democrats do it. only an issue when republicans do it.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 01-26-2022, 12:54 PM   #5
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
That's bad, and it should be fixed.

Here in CT, in the last 2 governors races, they kept polls open later than they were supposed to, in big cities of Hartford and Bridgeport. Guess which way those precincts lean?

The reason given, was that 2 elections in a row, they didn't have enough ballots.

I mean, who knew you need ballots on election day? And they didn't learn that lesson from the previous election, to make sure they had enough next time?

It's kind of funny, that they had enough ballots in the conservative precincts, so those all closed on time.

i think election cheating is awful. But unlike you, I think it's awful when either side does it.

Despite the claims here that the GOP is essentially dead, it controls a decent majority of state governments. So they get to draw the lines.
Swing and a miss:

Had nothing to do with cheating - more incompetence on the local officials running the election.

And the amount of votes that were cast due to the error had no impact on the race.
Old 01-26-2022, 01:40 PM   #6
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Swing and a miss:

Had nothing to do with cheating - more incompetence on the local officials running the election.

And the amount of votes that were cast due to the error had no impact on the race.
it allowed more people to vote, only in left leaning districts. Am I going too fast for you?

Two elections in a row, the same exact "incompetence" happened in a way that helped the democrats. I for one, am shocked, yes shocked.
Old 01-26-2022, 01:44 PM   #7
Jim in CT

Quote:

Last time I brought this up, you said it didn't result in a single additional vote (because you said, incorrectly, that the only people allowed to come back after 8:00 PM, were people who were already in line). Now you're saying there were additional votes, but not enough to swing the race.

I make no claims that it changed the outcome of the election. I only claim, correctly, that the same inconceivable mistake happened in two consecutive gubernatorial elections, and both times it guaranteed additional democrat votes, and both were close races.

Paul: We didn't cheat! And even if we did, we didn't need to, we would have won anyway! Nyah nyah!
Old 01-26-2022, 02:59 PM   #8
PaulS

Quote:
Last time I brought this up, you said it didn't result in a single additional vote (because you said, incorrectly, that the only people allowed to come back after 8:00 PM, were people who were already in line). Now you're saying there were additional votes, but not enough to swing the race.

I make no claims that it changed the outcome of the election. I only claim, correctly, that the same inconceivable mistake happened in two consecutive gubernatorial elections, and both times it guaranteed additional democrat votes, and both were close races.

Paul: We didn't cheat! And even if we did, we didn't need to, we would have won anyway! Nyah nyah!
You posted it in a thread about cheating. Am I going to fast for you?
Old 01-26-2022, 03:00 PM   #9
PaulS

Quote:
it allowed more people to vote, only in left leaning districts. Am I going too fast for you?

Two elections in a row, the same exact "incompetence" happened in a way that helped the democrats. I for one, am shocked, yes shocked.
YOu have no way of knowing that it "allowed more people to vote"

Am I going to fast for you?
Old 01-26-2022, 03:04 PM   #10
Jim in CT

Quote:
YOu have no way of knowing that it "allowed more people to vote"

Am I going to fast for you?
sure i do, i remember what happened at the time. the reason it was a big story, is because they didn’t limit late voting to those who were in line but couldn’t get a ballot.

you keep flip flopping in this. this is your third position that i’ve seen.

there’s no way it was random that they didn’t have enough ballots in section day, in two huge cities that are overwhelmingly democrat.

at least malloy and lamont have really turned things around, lowered taxes and paid off the debt. right?
Old 01-26-2022, 03:08 PM   #11
PaulS

Quote:
sure i do, i remember what happened at the time. the reason it was a big story, is because they didn’t limit late voting to those who were in line but couldn’t get a ballot.

you keep flip flopping in this. this is your third position that i’ve seen.Pls. point out where I flip flopped?

there’s no way it was random that they didn’t have enough ballots in section day, in two huge cities that are overwhelmingly democrat. Do you have any proof or is this just another accusation? More people probably left and didn't come back than would have shown up later that night.

at least malloy and lamont have really turned things around, lowered taxes and paid off the debt. right? I would still rather live here than most of that failed R states. You get what you pay(taxes) for. If it bothers you so much to live here, you should move. It might make you less angry and improve your disposition as all you do day in and day out is complain.
Then pull up a story bc I've never seen that there were additional votes.

So where was the cheating?

Last edited by PaulS; 01-26-2022 at 03:14 PM..
Old 01-26-2022, 03:08 PM   #12
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
stop whining.....

Now you Sound like Jim with Everyone does it excuse

Scott get back to me when the feds or courts get involved i guess its not odd that these court cases seem to Always involve the GOP

it Must be this Latest Conservative Conspiracy

We have a two-tiered Justice System in America Liberals are above the law in America, and conservatives are under it.
Old 01-26-2022, 03:12 PM   #13
Jim in CT

Quote:
Now you Sound like Jim with Everyone does it excuse

Scott get back to me when the feds or courts get involved i guess its not odd that these court cases seem to Always involve the GOP

it Must be this Latest Conservative Conspiracy

We have a two-tiered Justice System in America Liberals are above the law in America, and conservatives are under it.
why isn’t it valid when we point out that you constantly attack the gop for doing things, when democrats do the same things?

i’m curious.
Old 01-26-2022, 03:15 PM   #14
Jim in CT

Quote:

Scott get back to me when the feds or courts get involved

it.
how about multiple
different courts striking down vaccine mandates? the courts got involved. did you ever once say that therefore Biden overstepped what the constitution allows?

Again, that’s a case where courts had to step in to protect our rights. You said to let you know when that happened

So, what say you?