Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 02-01-2019, 08:13 PM   #31
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Why not just mine the border then?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Wouldn’t that be cruel Jeff? Somebody could be hurt. Try to understand there is a middle ground. Your side thinks this means mines apparently. My side wants a wall but nothing that could actually hurt people.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 02-01-2019, 08:43 PM   #32
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
wdmso, pete, spence - what about the border agents? do they know anything about what works and doesn’t work? when they say barriers will help, they’re lying for trump? they’re all racists, even though many are latino? or they just don’t know as
much about borders as chuck schumer? or
maybe, just maybe, they know something about what they’re talking about?
Trump tells the heads of the intel community that they are naive and should go back to school
Because they contradicts what he thinks and says publicly

But he’ll listen to a few border agents who he agrees with

See a pattern

Ps Generals and border agents do not make policy
Old 02-02-2019, 06:36 AM   #33
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

Ps Generals and border agents do not make policy
and therein lies one of the problems. we rely in people
motivated by politics, instead of relying on actual subject matter experts who want to solve problems.

wdmso, why did a wall
work so well in san diego and in Yuma? Why is it wrong to assume that the results produced
by walls
before, can be replicated?
Old 02-02-2019, 08:41 AM   #34
wdmso

Quote:
and therein lies one of the problems. we rely in people
motivated by politics, instead of relying on actual subject matter experts who want to solve problems.

wdmso, why did a wall
work so well in san diego and in Yuma? Why is it wrong to assume that the results produced
by walls
before, can be replicated?

why do keep repeating things like work so well in san diego and in Yuma? or Black unemployment is so low talk about not seeing the big picture

its wrong because its a wall (Trumps wall ) is stunt like moving the military to the border. No ones against security along the border its about your man child who needs to understand the world does not revolve around him ...

So no take on Trump #^&#^&#^&#^&ting and his subject matter experts who want to solve problems. (intel community)

But listening to a guy who makes 50k a year and see's just what he sees where he is stationed and another guy see's something completely different where he is stationed ?? doing the same job ..

This Is why they dont make policys (big picture)
Old 02-02-2019, 08:49 AM   #35
Pete F.
Canceled

You could ask the landowners in Texas how they feel about having their land seized and not being compensated fairly unless they were astute enough to understand their rights. Build the wall sounds so simple.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&sour...49201267912388
Old 02-02-2019, 08:54 AM   #36
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
why do keep repeating things like work so well in san diego and in Yuma? or Black unemployment is so low talk about not seeing the big picture

its wrong because its a wall (Trumps wall ) is stunt like moving the military to the border. No ones against security along the border its about your man child who needs to understand the world does not revolve around him ...

So no take on Trump #^&#^&#^&#^&ting and his subject matter experts who want to solve problems. (intel community)

But listening to a guy who makes 50k a year and see's just what he sees where he is stationed and another guy see's something completely different where he is stationed ?? doing the same job ..

This Is why they dont make policys (big picture)
If a wall worked awesome in San Diego and Yuma, is that not reason to assume it would work elsewhere? If not, why not?

WALLS WORK.

DUH.
Old 02-02-2019, 08:54 AM   #37
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
You could ask the landowners in Texas how they feel about having their land seized and not being compensated fairly unless they were astute enough to understand their rights. Build the wall sounds so simple.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&sour...49201267912388
If you assume they wouldn't be compensated fairly, I agree with you. That's wild, wild speculation at this point.
Old 02-02-2019, 09:19 AM   #38
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
If you assume they wouldn't be compensated fairly, I agree with you. That's wild, wild speculation at this point.
No it’s not
This is not a new process
This has been happening at least since the Clinton presidency

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 02-02-2019, 10:41 AM   #39
Pete F.
Canceled

Ann Coulter agrees with me on Trump
Conservative pundit Ann Coulter said Friday that President Trump is "lazy and incompetent" and warned that he might face a challenger for the Republican presidential nomination if he does not uphold his promise to build a border wall.

"We put this lunatic in the White House for one reason," she said on Yahoo News's Skullduggery podcast, claiming that she was simply reminding the president of his promise to deliver on securing border wall funding.
Old 02-02-2019, 01:16 PM   #40
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Wouldn’t that be cruel Jeff? Somebody could be hurt. Try to understand there is a middle ground. Your side thinks this means mines apparently. My side wants a wall but nothing that could actually hurt people.
No such thing as too much security, plus with explosions it will be easier to see where they are trying to cross.
Old 02-02-2019, 02:43 PM   #41
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
No such thing as too much security, plus with explosions it will be easier to see where they are trying to cross.
That sounds like it could hurt the intruder Jeff,a wall is more humane and would prevent such a scenario.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN