Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 09-15-2017, 04:33 AM   #1
wdmso

New cars produced in the world 2015 68,560,000
1999 39,759,847 Numbers do not include commercial vehicles take Note new a year not whats currently on the road

World population growth accelerated after World War II, when the population of less developed countries began to increase dramatically. ... Human population entered the 20th century with 1.6 billion people and left the century with 6.1 billion.

No way humans could have any affect on the Climate or fish stocks or hell even traffic..

NOAA reports sea levels are rising along parts of the Florida coast by more than a third of an inch every year.

The average person visiting a favorite beach or fishing hole surely won't notice the difference. Bingo !!! if it i cant see it its not happening or real
Old 09-15-2017, 05:28 AM   #2
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

No way humans could have any affect on the Climate or fish stocks or hell even traffic..
who has ever said that humans have no affect on climate, fish stocks and traffic?

oh wait...is it those people that deny that the climate exists?..you know...the "climate deniers"

so many windmills to joust....
Old 09-15-2017, 05:33 AM   #3
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
I've noticed a trend. Many of those who deny that there is climate change believe without question that a guy built a huge boat and put a pair of every species of animal on our planet on board.

Makes you wonder....
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

hey Eben, if a guy ( the current Pope) is dumb enough to believe in Noah's Ark, the Resurrection and that his Heavenly Father is floating above in the clouds(invisible friends) observing things issues a statement supporting much of the climate alarmist agenda....is/are he(and those that dutifully follow his word) suddenly intelligent and forward thinking?
Old 09-15-2017, 10:07 AM   #4
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
I've noticed a trend. Many of those who deny that there is climate change believe without question that a guy built a huge boat and put a pair of every species of animal on our planet on board.

Makes you wonder....

hey Eben, if a guy ( the current Pope) is dumb enough to believe in Noah's Ark, the Resurrection and that his Heavenly Father is floating above in the clouds(invisible friends) observing things issues a statement supporting much of the climate alarmist agenda....is/are he(and those that dutifully follow his word) suddenly intelligent and forward thinking?
Well played 👍😂
Old 09-20-2017, 11:35 AM   #5
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Could be the few degrees of warming the planet has experienced, has allowed more moisture to fuel these storms into more powerful hurricanes, looks like we might be getting a up close reminder of what that means next week.
Old 09-20-2017, 01:38 PM   #6
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Could be the few degrees of warming the planet has experienced, has allowed more moisture to fuel these storms into more powerful hurricanes, looks like we might be getting a up close reminder of what that means next week.
History says your wrong
Old 09-20-2017, 04:22 PM   #7
basswipe

Global warming now known as climate change.

News flash:
THE CLIMATE CHANGES DAILY!!!

In the scheme of time man's impact on a process that takes tens of thousands of years doesn't even register as a millionth of a percentage point on the time frame its going to take to reach the next ice-age.Its supposed to be getting warmer,geology has proven this has happened over and over and over again.
Old 09-21-2017, 07:55 AM   #8
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
History says your wrong
If history shows Category 4 and 5 hurricanes nearly doubled in occurrence in from 1970 to 2004, it may indicate a trend.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...tic_hurricanes

Still siding with what I believe is a consensus in the scientific community, that man is impacting the climate and global warming over time is going to be a major problem. How much time is up for debate, but even the scientific community might not have a handle on if that process could accelerate at some point.