Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 08-18-2022, 08:45 AM   #1
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
If there were legit reasons for the raid, and if it leads to a criminal prosecution (I don't think the left ever stops until they get exactly that, and there's probably grounds for one if they never stop digging), it's a win for them in terms of killing off Trump. If it can reasonably be construed to be politically motivated (and let's be honest, the left has done that with the DOJ a few times since 2009), it's a huge win for the GOP, and a stupid move by democrats.
You consider it a stupid move to keep a lawless power hungry autocratic want-to-be dictator out of the White House. I applaud Liz Chaney for having the backbone lacking from the current GOP leadership in condemning Trumps attempts to hold on to power by illegal means. I hope she succeeds in her statement saying she will do everything in her power to keep Trump from ever getting back in the White House, I wouldn’t count her out if she decides to run. I doubt she would pull enough votes from Trumps crazy base, but the debates alone will be worth the price of admission.
Old 08-18-2022, 08:59 AM   #2
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
You consider it a stupid move to keep a lawless power hungry autocratic want-to-be dictator out of the White House. I applaud Liz Chaney for having the backbone lacking from the current GOP leadership in condemning Trumps attempts to hold on to power by illegal means. I hope she succeeds in her statement saying she will do everything in her power to keep Trump from ever getting back in the White House, I wouldn’t count her out if she decides to run. I doubt she would pull enough votes from Trumps crazy base, but the debates alone will be worth the price of admission.
You guys are amazing...

Do you know how to read? Read my post. I said it was a win for the left it was legit, and a stupid move "IF it was politically motivated".

Can you not grasp what I'm saying there? Is that going too fast for you?

If any Republican said "one plus one equals two", I think some of you would reflexively say he was wrong.

Put down the Kool Aid, take a few breaths, and THINK.
Old 08-18-2022, 09:02 AM   #3
scottw

Quote:

You guys are amazing...

Do you know how to read? .
reading, writing and arithmetic are clearly a struggle for these geniuses...but we can trust their opinions on important and often complex matters
Old 08-18-2022, 09:06 AM   #4
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
reading, writing and arithmetic are clearly a struggle for these geniuses...but we can trust their opinions on important and often complex matters
Jim: if the raid was legit, it's a win for the Democrats. If it was purely politically motivated, it's a stupid move for the democrats.

GS: Oh, so you're saying it's a stupid move to keep a lawless power hungry autocratic want-to-be dictator out of the White House

He's claiming I said something, which I never, ever came close to saying. FFS I said I agree with the raid, as long as there was legitimate just cause. Even when I agree with them, I'm wrong. It's really, really something to behold.
Old 08-18-2022, 09:09 AM   #5
scottw

Quote:
Jim: if the raid was legit, it's a win for the Democrats. If it was purely politically motivated, it's a stupid move for the democrats.

GS: Oh, so you're saying it's a stupid move to keep a lawless power hungry autocratic want-to-be dictator out of the White House

He's claiming I said something, which I never, ever came close to saying. FFS I said I agree with the raid, as long as there was legitimate just cause. Even when I agree with them, I'm wrong. It's really, really something to behold.
it's because they are following the narrative pumped into their little brains on a daily basis...regardless of what you say..they are going to repeat whet they've been programmed to say........
Old 08-18-2022, 09:10 AM   #6
Jim in CT

Quote:
.regardless of what you say..they are going to repeat whet they've been programmed to say........
Exactly. They constantly do exactly that. They never respond to what you say, but to what CNN tells them we're saying...
Old 08-18-2022, 09:03 AM   #7
scottw

Quote:

If any Republican said "one plus one equals two", I think some of you would reflexively say he was wrong.

that's a fact....Jack!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	stripes-bill-murray (1).gif
Views:	34
Size:	209.5 KB
ID:	69101  
Old 08-18-2022, 12:52 PM   #8
wdmso

Quote:
You guys are amazing...

Do you know how to read? Read my post. I said it was a win for the left it was legit, and a stupid move "IF it was politically motivated".

Can you not grasp what I'm saying there? Is that going too fast for you?

Put down the Kool Aid, take a few breaths, and THINK.

do you ever read your own posts its like you wear flip flops when you type you make one statement then cancel it in your next

I don't think the left ever stops until they get exactly that, and there's probably grounds for one if they never stop digging.. then you move on to another republican talking point " and let's be honest, the left has done that with the DOJ a few times since 2009)" yep that's a honest statement LOL

the left or the DOJ hasn't had to dig once!

trumps dug his own Holes and the democrats are looking in all of them ...

it's only the cult and closet supporters who think. he's the victim
Old 08-18-2022, 02:05 PM   #9
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
do you ever read your own posts its like you wear flip flops when you type you make one statement then cancel it in your next

I don't think the left ever stops until they get exactly that, and there's probably grounds for one if they never stop digging.. then you move on to another republican talking point " and let's be honest, the left has done that with the DOJ a few times since 2009)" yep that's a honest statement LOL

the left or the DOJ hasn't had to dig once!

trumps dug his own Holes and the democrats are looking in all of them ...

it's only the cult and closet supporters who think. he's the victim
i’ve said the same thing twice. if there was just cause for the raid, good for the left. if it was a politically motivated hit job, bad for the left.

do you even disagree with what i just said?

Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 08-18-2022, 02:22 PM   #10
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
then you move on to another republican talking point " and let's be honest, the left has done that with the DOJ a few times since 2009)" yep that's a honest statement LOL

m
Right wing talking points?

Obamas IRS targeted conservative groups until they got caught

The FBI knowingly deceived the FISA court to get surveillance on Carter Paige. Who, it turns out, didn't do anything wrong. But they didn't tell the court that the Steele dossier was debunked, nor that it was political opposition research. The texts between FBI agents (Strzok and what's her name) showed a clear personal hatred of Trump.

And now Bidens own FBI director, says he deeply concerned with the way the FBI handled the Hunter Biden laptop events.

That doesn't mean that they didn't have every reason in the world to raid Trumps home. But the DOJ has a recent history of allowing itself to be used as a political weapon against the out of power party.

You think it's flip flopping when I say two things can be true at the same time. It's possible that the DOJ has made politically motivated mistakes, and at the same time, it's possible Trump deserved this.

Why do you assume that's flip flopping? Why can't they both be true at the same time? Please explain...

Last edited by Jim in CT; 08-18-2022 at 02:28 PM..
Old 08-18-2022, 02:28 PM   #11
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
And now Bidens own FBI director, says he deeply concerned with the way the FBI handled the Hunter Biden laptop events.
That is not what Wray said.
From a politico article, which has a bunch of quotes. Wray was concerned about a particular agents social media tweets NOT the FBI investigation.

Wray seemed to raise doubts that Thibault was working at any recent time on issues related to Hunter Biden. The FBI chief said that investigation, reportedly focused on tax issues and potential foreign influence related to Hunter Biden’s business ties, is being run by the Bureau’s Baltimore Field Office, which handles matters related to Delaware.

The Biden administration has permitted Trump’s appointee as U.S. attorney for Delaware, David Weiss, to stay on to complete the probe of the president’s son.

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 08-18-2022, 02:35 PM   #12
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
That is not what Wray said.
From a politico article, which has a bunch of quotes. Wray was concerned about a particular agents social media tweets NOT the FBI investigation.

Wray seemed to raise doubts that Thibault was working at any recent time on issues related to Hunter Biden. The FBI chief said that investigation, reportedly focused on tax issues and potential foreign influence related to Hunter Biden’s business ties, is being run by the Bureau’s Baltimore Field Office, which handles matters related to Delaware.

The Biden administration has permitted Trump’s appointee as U.S. attorney for Delaware, David Weiss, to stay on to complete the probe of the president’s son.
WHen did Wray say Thibault had no connection whatsoever to Hunter Biden? He was the assistant special agent in charge of the DC office until recently, now he's on leave. Shocker.

Bryan, what does it say to you, that all of big tech and the lefty media buried this story until the election (saying that anyone who discussed it was spreading Russian disinformation), and then after the election, they all said "oh by the way, it was legit". Is that all a random coincidence? Or was it obviously an attempt to help Biden win?
Old 08-18-2022, 02:48 PM   #13
wdmso

Quote:
WHen did Wray say Thibault had no connection whatsoever to Hunter Biden? He was the assistant special agent in charge of the DC office until recently, now he's on leave. Shocker.

Bryan, what does it say to you, that all of big tech and the lefty media buried this story until the election (saying that anyone who discussed it was spreading Russian disinformation), and then after the election, they all said "oh by the way, it was legit". Is that all a random coincidence? Or was it obviously an attempt to help Biden win?
Flip flop
Old 08-19-2022, 08:22 AM   #14
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
The investigation is/was being conducted out of the Baltimore field office by a rump appointee....

Quote:
Did they want Trump to win when the announced the Hillary investigation <2 weeks before the election?

Or, maybe there should have been/should be a heavy dose of skepticism with a blind laptop repair guy across the country, who just happened to have a laptop? Why did Barr work to keep the investigation into Hunter quiet? Did he want Trump to lose?

Even recently, I had read a Wash Post article where they could verify some of the emails are real, but a vast majority of the data had been so mishandled by the folks that now have the laptop, that the authenticity of some of it/much of it cant be verified.

All of that comes back to the fact that Hunter is clearly a scumbag. Full stop. He has a drug problem and is likely pretty amoral. He traded on his dads name to make a lot of money. So did/do the Trump kids. Does it suck, yes. On both sides.

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 08-18-2022, 09:10 AM   #15
scottw

not only that....how is it that they are worried that trump can somehow get elected again...maybe they know they are full of.....you know...
Old 08-18-2022, 09:28 AM   #16
Jim in CT

Quote:
not only that....how is it that they are worried that trump can somehow get elected again...maybe they know they are full of.....you know...
as of right now, i do believe there’s a chance he could. if he wants to run, i don’t think anyone would beat him in the primary, do you?

and while i don’t think he could
win a general
election again, you never know. i didn’t think he had a prayer in 2016, i was certain the stock market would be far lower then it is right now, so i often feel like i don’t know anything anymore.
Old 08-18-2022, 10:34 AM   #17
scottw

Quote:
as of right now, i do believe there’s a chance he could. if he wants to run, i don’t think anyone would beat him in the primary, do you?

and while i don’t think he could
win a general
election again, you never know. i didn’t think he had a prayer in 2016, i was certain the stock market would be far lower then it is right now, so i often feel like i don’t know anything anymore.
don't honestly know but if you listen to the left.. the only people who would vote for him are a crazed right wing fanatics...can't possibly be enough of them to possibly get him elected but for some reason they are working very hard to ensure he can't run, you'd think they'd be begging for him to run....Brandon supposedly got more that 80 million votes last time and he is and was a complete dud....any democrat should be able to trounce trump but for some reason they are afraid
Old 08-18-2022, 10:44 AM   #18
Jim in CT

Quote:
don't honestly know but if you listen to the left.. the only people who would vote for him are a crazed right wing fanatics...can't possibly be enough of them to possibly get him elected but for some reason they are working very hard to ensure he can't run, you'd think they'd be begging for him to run....Brandon supposedly got more that 80 million votes last time and he is and was a complete dud....any democrat should be able to trounce trump but for some reason they are afraid
Im with you, if i was a democrat, i want trump to run way more then i want someone like desantis.

He is literally the antichrist to them.