Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 07-15-2018, 01:22 PM   #151
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post

Warren wants all college loans to be at a low enough interest rate so the lender -- often the US Government directly -- doesn't see a profit.
this is stupid
Old 07-15-2018, 05:03 PM   #152
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I think you're conflating issues Jim. Warren wants all college loans to be at a low enough interest rate so the lender -- often the US Government directly -- doesn't see a profit. I'm not sure why this would be a bad thing.

The predatory issue she has was with shady colleges working to attract students but failing to deliver an education. Previously the government would forgive these loans if the complaint was qualified...under Trump this has pretty much ceased.

Holding all the cards doesn't mean much if you're at the craps table just FYI
"Warren wants all college loans to be at a low enough interest rate "

Which colleges would use as an excuse to pay unionized professors more, to jack up tuition more.

If you want to lower the cost of tuition, a good start would be to not have professors getting paid 400k a year to teach one class. I see Warren isn't advocating for that, gee I wonder why...

"Holding all the cards doesn't mean much if you're at the craps table "

That's true in theory. But when I look at what the GOP is holding right now - the Oval Office, both chambers of congress, and a large majority of state governorships and legislatures...when I see all that, I'm pretty confident that I'm not the one who wandered moronically into the wrong table. Have fun making that wrong.
Old 07-15-2018, 06:43 PM   #153
Pete F.
Canceled

Jim
How much do you think a person who is very accomplished in their field should earn?
Is their value somehow less if they educate others?
Is it worthwhile for us as a society to invest in higher education?
My answers are the market will determine that
No
Yes
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 07-15-2018, 08:23 PM   #154
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Jim
How much do you think a person who is very accomplished in their field should earn?
Is their value somehow less if they educate others?
Is it worthwhile for us as a society to invest in higher education?
My answers are the market will determine that
No
Yes
oh, FFS, i’m not saying she doesn’t deserve the money. if students want to pay it, then she earns it. but she loses the right to wag her finger at anyone else making a buck off of college students. my problem isn’t with what she makes, my problem is that she thinks that only she can make money off the backs of students. that’s the last time i’ll say it, if you don’t get it you aren’t going to get it.