Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 11-09-2010, 09:32 AM   #91
buckman

Explain to me why on a Asian "sales trip" we are ignoring China????????
Old 11-09-2010, 09:47 AM   #92
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
Reasons include

- our credit cards dont work there
- they wouldnt lend us the money for the trip
- Raider Ronnie insulted their food

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
Old 11-09-2010, 09:54 AM   #93
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIJIMMY View Post
Reasons include

- our credit cards dont work there
- they wouldnt lend us the money for the trip
- Raider Ronnie insulted their food

Your right. they are not lending us money anymore, instead the are buying up resources
Old 11-09-2010, 10:37 AM   #94
PaulS

Quote:
Obama was reading this site and saw how upset SaltyB. was and tried to keep the expenses down???
Old 11-09-2010, 11:19 AM   #95
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

Pfft nothing you or I say would keep this dooshfart from spending more money. Watch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Obama was reading this site and saw how upset SaltyB. was and tried to keep the expenses down???
Old 11-09-2010, 02:35 PM   #96
buckman

Well there you go....

First lady’s handshake with conservative Muslim raises Indonesian eyebrows | The Upshot Yahoo! News
Old 11-09-2010, 02:45 PM   #97
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

I'd have a lot more respect for her and their visit if she reached around and grabbed his butt while shaking hands with him.

Old 11-09-2010, 02:48 PM   #98
scottw

damn conservatives.....hey, is that Michelle or Orpah?
Old 11-09-2010, 03:05 PM   #99
JohnnyD

Just goes to show how unbelievably insane these people and the conservatives in their religion are.
Old 11-09-2010, 03:32 PM   #100
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyD View Post
Just goes to show how unbelievably insane these people and the conservatives in their religion are.
"these people" ?
Old 11-09-2010, 03:39 PM   #101
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

I'm offended.

Old 11-09-2010, 03:44 PM   #102
scottw

SOUNDS RACIST
Old 11-09-2010, 05:16 PM   #103
buckman

I am appalled
Old 11-11-2010, 08:33 AM   #104
buckman

FAIL!!!!

Obama gets no trade deal, but has his hands full - Yahoo! News
Old 11-11-2010, 08:43 AM   #105
scottw

Quote:
like the Olympics, maybe we should start sending someone that knows what they are doing?
Old 11-11-2010, 09:17 AM   #106
JohnnyD

Quote:
Nothing quite like rejoicing in the President not succeeding at something that would help the economy and spur trade; a pact that Bush got the ball rolling on in 2007.

However, my response (which is why I could never be a politician), "Oh, ok. I'll be taking my warships and troops with me. Good luck with North Korea and China."
Old 11-11-2010, 09:52 AM   #107
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
Nothing quite like rejoicing in the President not succeeding at something that would help the economy and spur trade; a pact that Bush got the ball rolling on in 2007.

However, my response (which is why I could never be a politician), "Oh, ok. I'll be taking my warships and troops with me. Good luck with North Korea and China."
actually Johnny, thats what a GOOD politican would do!

Old 11-11-2010, 09:59 AM   #108
buckman

Quote:

Not rejoicing JD. Just want to say "told you so" again......
Old 11-11-2010, 10:29 AM   #109
JohnnyD

Quote:
actually Johnny, thats what a GOOD politican would do!
Actually, that's not what a good politician would do. The "screw you guys, I'm taking my ball and going home" approach will never get you far when dealing with anyone, especially a country that is in the Top 10 for imports into the US.
Old 11-11-2010, 10:48 AM   #110
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
Actually, that's not what a good politician would do. The "screw you guys, I'm taking my ball and going home" approach will never get you far when dealing with anyone, especially a country that is in the Top 10 for imports into the US.
politics is knowing you have leverage and using it.

Old 11-12-2010, 01:03 PM   #111
scottw

Quote:
politics is knowing you have leverage and using it.
and Where...

so now that Obama has been so resoundingly rejected in America....and the world....let's send him to outerspace...can't possibly cost any more than the Mumbai Adventure.....maybe he can drum up some business and support for his alien fiscal policies...

OUT THERE
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ad1270677St1Sz171Sq1709463V0Id2.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	42411  

Last edited by scottw; 11-12-2010 at 01:39 PM..
Old 11-13-2010, 12:35 PM   #112
scottw

Quote:

WAAAAAAAAAAAA...HAAAAAAA.....HAAAAA..

Our Whiner in Chief
Rick Moran
President Obama spent a considerable part of his press conference in Seoul whining about press coverage of his Asia trip and criticism of his policies at home. He seemed genuinely befuddled that the media appears to have lost most of its worship of him and have begun to act like, you know, real reporters instead of his press agents:

The president complained several times during his news conference about the U.S. media's coverage of the G-20 summit. He pushed back at the suggestion that he's weaker on the world stage because of the midterm elections and argued that his fellow leaders are no tougher on him than they were a year ago when he was new to the scene and his poll numbers were high.
"I remember our first G-20, you guys writing the exact same stories you're writing now. Don't you remember that, Sheryl?" Obama said to The New York Times's Sheryl Stolberg.

Asked by CBS's Chip Reid about complaints heard from other leaders during the summit, Obama shot back: "What about compliments?"

Is that the most pathetic statement ever made by a president at a press conference? Since he never mentioned any compliments made by other leaders, we must assume that they were few and far between. In fact, as I pointed out in my article at FrontPage.com , the criticism of Ben Bernanke's QE2 as well as the president's budget policies was not only severe, but nearly universal.

The president also tried to dismiss the idea that the summit was a failure and all but blamed the press for not concentrating on the extraordinarily meager results Obama came away from Seoul with:

He appeared thin-skinned about the characterizations of his time at the summit, saying that nobody wrote about leaders setting the stage for financial regulatory reform at the last G-20 summit because it "wasn't real sexy" and criticizing reporters' "search for drama."
"Sometimes, I think, naturally there's an instinct to focus on the disagreements, because otherwise, these summits might not be very exciting - it's just a bunch of world leaders sitting around intervening," he said

The takeaways from the G-20 were incremental. The nations agreed on a "framework of cooperation" for economic growth, including to strive for market-determined exchange rates and to develop early warning indicators that signal trade imbalances. But the agreement lacked specific target numbers and deadlines - the countries' finance ministers are tasked with following up on it next year - and Obama faced questions about whether he'd lost cachet on the world stage.

"When I first came into office, people might have been interested in more photo ops because there had been a lot of hoopla surrounding my election," Obama said, adding that he now has relationships with key leaders, including Chancellor Merkel of Germany, President Lee of South Korea and China's Hu Jintao - all of whom kept Obama from getting precisely what he sought out of the summit.

A total, unmitigated disaster. An embarrassment for the United States. As Tom Lifson pointed out yesterday, we have an "incredible shrinking president" with dire consequences for our position as an economic and military power in the world. With Obama becoming more and more irrelevant, and world leaders dismissing him as a lightweight, it is well to remember that these are our friends and allies copping this attitude.

I wonder what our enemies think?
Attached Images

Last edited by scottw; 11-13-2010 at 07:24 PM..