Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 11-05-2010, 07:53 AM   #31
JohnnyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^& View Post
SPEW COFFEE ON MONITOR

AWESOME POST
Apparently neither you nor scott got the point. Instead of grasping onto a report from India, I'd be curious to see numbers from anyone that can demonstrate how a trip to India can cost more per day than fighting a war. It's completely ridiculous and any reasonable person should be able to see that.

Unfortunately, people grasp onto anything negative they can and all common sense seems to go right out the window.
Old 11-05-2010, 07:58 AM   #32
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

I don't disagree I do however think he's spending a crapload of money that is unnecessary. %$%$%$%$ selling them %$%$%$%$licks planes. You and I won't get anything out of it.

Nor will you or I get anything out of him having a 1km tunnel custom assembled so he can go sightseeing.

How much do you think THAT cost?

But you got to agree it was pretty funny to read this thread then come onto that quote
Old 11-05-2010, 08:18 AM   #33
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyD View Post
I'd be curious to see numbers from anyone that can demonstrate how a trip to India can cost more per day than fighting a war. It's completely ridiculous and any reasonable person should be able to see that.
Do you know how many coconut trees there are in India???
Old 11-05-2010, 08:27 AM   #34
JohnnyD

Presidential trips, regardless of who's making them, cost an unnecessarily ridiculous amount.
Quote:
But you got to agree it was pretty funny to read this thread then come onto that quote
Fortunately for me, whenever scott posts all I see is:
Quote:
This message is hidden because scottw is on your ignore list.
Has helped cull out a lot of nonsense.
Old 11-05-2010, 08:50 AM   #35
scottw

Quote:
Presidential trips, regardless of who's making them, cost an unnecessarily ridiculous amount.
and when Obama/Michelle make them they are always of HISTORIC PROPORTIONS....read your own factcheck link re. Clinton trips...funny they talk about Bush and Clinton trips and then compare the Clinton trips and completely forget the Bush trips...weird...factcheck is a tool
Fortunately for me, whenever scott posts all I see is:my ass

Last edited by scottw; 11-05-2010 at 06:46 PM..
Old 11-05-2010, 09:16 AM   #36
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

Quote:

Fortunately for me, whenever scott posts all I see is:

Old 11-05-2010, 01:48 PM   #37
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

Quote:
US to spend $200 mn a day on Obama's Mumbai visit

Guy should write a %$%$%$%$ing fodors book
Maybe their is an opening for a camel driver somewhere over there, and somebody is stupid enough to hire him.

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman
Old 11-05-2010, 02:55 PM   #38
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com
Old 11-05-2010, 02:58 PM   #39
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

SNOPES
Old 11-05-2010, 05:48 PM   #40
spence

This thread still sucks.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 11-05-2010, 05:54 PM   #41
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

AFP: No, Pentagon says, Obama will not be guarded by 34 ships

At least 5.2 million a day. Realistic number. I'm guessing more. I'm betting doubt they had to move 1 mile of tunnel there in a day? Or was this whole thing planned moons ago and we've really spent the $200 million planning this over the last year.

Conspiracy Theory.

I know Spence hey it's the best I could do to entertain you for the day.
Old 11-05-2010, 05:57 PM   #42
spence

What is scary is how hard rush, hannity and beck pushed it. Can't believe they weren't lying.
Old 11-05-2010, 05:57 PM   #43
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

Only s#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&g sound I hear right now is the one out of my wallet while Clammato and his sidekick Marcia make sweet love in Mumbai

Old 11-05-2010, 06:01 PM   #44
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

"The White House bluntly dismissed the cost estimate, and said that the price tag for security was similar to trips for previous presidents, without offering a specific figure."

CNN did, FOI showed previous president trips was costing somewhere around $5.2million per day for a similar trip. So probably close to double that today...

That's 100 million dollars for this trip NO BULLSH IT
Old 11-05-2010, 07:35 PM   #45
spence

So what's the point? That a president shouldn't make state visits where it's in our interest?

You're doing a lot of whining.
Old 11-05-2010, 08:53 PM   #46
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
200 mil a day
3000 people with him
40 planes
34 war ships
They are renting the whole Tajmahal
and they are clearing the place of coconuts so they couldn't fall on Obama's head !

LETS GO BRANDON
Old 11-06-2010, 01:40 AM   #47
EarnedStripes44

I'd say 7 mil/per day.... and that's a liberal estimate
Old 11-06-2010, 04:08 AM   #48
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

So $70 million dollars for another vacation....

Spence I can't believe you even ask what the point is. Dood your delusional if you think it's ok that this kind of money is being spent to do these trips.

Putting my severe distaste for this jackass since day one aside.....It's wrong. For anyone.

It's DISGUSTING to think of the tax money I've paid in the past few years and it's being put to GREAT use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarnedStripes44 View Post
I'd say 7 mil/per day.... and that's a liberal estimate
Old 11-06-2010, 04:10 AM   #49
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

And how exactly is this in our interest? Because of selling them these airplanes? Sorry Charlie they ain't payin #^&#^&#^&#^&. They will go down owing us the money just like any other times something gets sold. How much do they already owe us?

Old 11-06-2010, 05:23 AM   #50
buckman

I think if we spend 7 mil. a day for the rest of his term to keep him busy we will come out ahead in the end.
Old 11-06-2010, 06:04 AM   #51
scottw

someone with a little time should make a list of "Obama's Greatest Expenses"..

this was the guy that requested more earmarks than any other Senator

THE MOST expensive campaign in history and the LAVISH spending on food and booze is well documented

THE MOST expensive innauguration in history

THE MOST EXPENSIVE agenda in history

THE MOST expensive date night in history

THE MOST expensive trips abroad and frequent vacations in history

PERPETUAL lavish parties at the Whitehouse

UNNECESSARY jaunts on Air Force One..Chicago Olympics

FLIES his freakin' dog on it's own plane?????

THIS trip is way over the top and not justified in any way...in fact very questionable for a lot of reasons

There are more examples...

all the while talking about how Americans need to tighter their belts during tough economic times

hey PAUL...that is HYPOCRICY !
Old 11-06-2010, 06:48 AM   #52
spence

Quote:
So $70 million dollars for another vacation....

Spence I can't believe you even ask what the point is. Dood your delusional if you think it's ok that this kind of money is being spent to do these trips.

Putting my severe distaste for this jackass since day one aside.....It's wrong. For anyone.

It's DISGUSTING to think of the tax money I've paid in the past few years and it's being put to GREAT use.
This isn't a vacation, perhaps that why you're so confused?

-spence
Old 11-06-2010, 06:58 AM   #53
scottw

Spence is correct..he is bringing along 36 pairs of teleprompters...although, those might be for bedtime stories for the kids or pillow talk with Michelle...never know
Old 11-06-2010, 07:25 AM   #54
scottw

I was just reading this:

WASHINGTON — US President Barack Obama leaves the wreckage of his Democratic Party's election hammering for the refuge of foreign policy on Friday, setting off on a nine-day odyssey to Asia.

Obama will visit India, his boyhood home of Indonesia, South Korea for the G20 summit and then Japan for APEC meetings, seeking to broaden US geopolitical influence and win new markets for American products in the dynamic region.

With an eye on US voters back home, who used mid-term elections to send a cry of distress over the sluggish recovery, Obama will stress the commercial opportunities offered by Asia, as he seeks to boost exports to create jobs.

"The primary purpose (of the India trip) is to take a bunch of US companies and open up markets so that we can sell in Asia and some of the fastest-growing markets in the world, and we can create jobs here in the United States of America," Obama told reporters on Thursday.

"My hope is that we've got some specific announcements that show the connection between what we're doing overseas and what happens here at home when it comes to job growth and economic growth."

Obama, who has dubbed himself America's "First Pacific president" has made no secret that he sees Asia, with its fast-emerging economies and rising strategic clout, as the most vital global region to America's future.

sooooo, US companies aren't already doing business in Asia???
they can't expand or increase business in Asia without Obama and a giant entourage ???
hey Obaba, they don't need you in the way...GET THE %^CK OUT OF THE WAY!!!
YOU ARE INCOMPETENT!!!
Old 11-06-2010, 07:32 AM   #55
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

We should be cozying up with India more than most anyone. They are a massive, vibrant democracy, with growing capital, educational, and intellectual possibilities. They share a border with the more massive, vibrant totalitarianist / communists, with growing capital, educational, and intellectual possibilities. They also need help in many areas and we could stand to benefit from help in many areas.

As our current allies in Europe fade somewhat in significance and as the world balance moves to the east, we would be well versed in building solid relationships with emerging powers and extending / reestablishing relations with current partner nations, Japan, SK, Aus, Indonesia, Indo China.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 11-06-2010, 07:35 AM   #56
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
We should be cozying up with India more than most anyone. They are a massive, vibrant democracy, with growing capital, educational, and intellectual possibilities. They share a border with the more massive, vibrant totalitarianist / communists, with growing capital, educational, and intellectual possibilities. They also need help in many areas and we could stand to benefit from help in many areas.

As our current allies in Europe fade somewhat in significance and as the world balance moves to the east, we would be well versed in building solid relationships with emerging powers and extending / reestablishing relations with current partner nations, Japan, SK, Aus, Indonesia, Indo China.
Agree 100% and he can't do this by staying home.

While Bush was focused on his social engineering project China was locking in contracts. We're already at a disadvantage in this regard.

Perhaps Obama could try Priceline.com to make Salty happy.

-spence
Old 11-06-2010, 07:47 AM   #57
scottw

unnecessary and expensive dog and phony show strategically timed
Old 11-06-2010, 08:38 AM   #58
buckman

This would be a great trip for the Chamber of Commerce to be involved in. I doubt they were invited though
Old 11-06-2010, 08:39 AM   #59
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Agree 100% and he can't do this by staying home.

While Bush was focused on his social engineering project China was locking in contracts. We're already at a disadvantage in this regard.

Perhaps Obama could try Priceline.com to make Salty happy.

-spence
A shot at Bush....that isn't like you
Old 11-06-2010, 09:02 AM   #60
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
This would be a great trip for the Chamber of Commerce to be involved in. I doubt they were invited though
indeed...Crony Capitalists only on this excursion...I'm expecting O to to a lot of bowing and begging them on bended knee to buy our debt....

November 06, 2010
The Keynesians Get Their Wish
By Peter Raymond

The Keynesians finally got their wish. The Federal Reserve plans to inject $600 billion dollars of the most caustic debt imaginable into the economy. This is the Agent Orange of monetary policies that has the potential to wreak financial havoc.

In the hope of generating inflation, the central bank is going to enable deficit spending by buying treasury bonds. You read that correctly; the primary goal is to erode the value of the dollar, and we get to watch our currency and wealth literally dissolve before our eyes.

Only a desperate government would consider debasing its own currency. The resulting inflation will be an insidious tax on every American who will suffer as wages lag behind increasing prices. It is doubtful countries like China will react favorably to the precipitous drop in the value of the debt owed to them.

This strategy of monetary sabotage will punish savers and creditors, but Keynesians simply will not tolerate anything that impedes deficit spending. Since deflation hamstrings spending, they will stop at nothing to reverse deflationary pressures.

On June 28, 1978, Federal Reserve Board Member Henry C. Wallich addressed the graduating class at Fordham University. "Inflation," he informed the graduates, "is a means by which the strong can more effectively exploit the weak. The strategically positioned and well-organized can gain at the expense of the unorganized and aged."

Last edited by scottw; 11-06-2010 at 09:09 AM..