Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 06-21-2018, 02:07 PM   #61
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by DZ View Post
Not what I meant - Other points of view are important and I want to read them. But as a general rule I find that Jim, myself, and others with more conservative views tend to be more understanding of the liberal side views than vice versa. I just can't recall anyone here who is left leaning ever commend an action by the current administration. My father always told me there will always be people "Who would complain if they were hung with a brand new rope", it kind of reminds me of the anti-Trump movement. I just find that many of you will not give the current president or administration a fair shake.

"I just find that many of you will not give the current president or administration a fair shake." guess you dont recall the past 8 years and what actions warrant being commended his Behavior he's treatment of others his Name calling... its hard to find a praise worthy thing... Honestly PS when the last time you saw him with his young son
Old 06-21-2018, 02:23 PM   #62
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
DANGLES for PRESIDENT!

Still Better than Hillary

Hey Dangles - where ya keep ya Email Server?

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 06-21-2018, 04:48 PM   #63
spence

Quote:
hello.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post

It's not a crime to be in the US as an undocumented immigrant.
That doesn't mean they want open borders. I'm just telling you what current law is.
Old 06-21-2018, 04:51 PM   #64
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by DZ View Post
I just can't recall anyone here who is left leaning ever commend an action by the current administration. My father always told me there will always be people "Who would complain if they were hung with a brand new rope", it kind of reminds me of the anti-Trump movement. I just find that many of you will not give the current president or administration a fair shake.
I pay pretty close attention and can't think of anything significant worth commending. Combine that with the pathological dishonesty, childish tantrums, rampant corruption etc... etc... and I'm not inclined to give Trump the benefit of doubt.
Old 06-21-2018, 05:18 PM   #65
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
you do live in a fantasy world .... and act as if this immigration thing started yesterday

joining forces with the majority of people in your country in order to stop being oppressed by your government or your criminals..... Expecting the rest of the world to fix your problems refusing to join together with those millions to make a better life in your home country

Funny you use the same verbiage to describe the US Government
Funny, you claim that facts matter. The only facts in this post by you are those by me that you quoted.

The rest of your post is the fantasy world you live in.
Old 06-21-2018, 06:26 PM   #66
JohnR

Quote:
That doesn't mean they want open borders. I'm just telling you what current law is.
Right. The left wants to let certain people come in through the back door, and proud of it.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 06-21-2018, 09:21 PM   #67
Sea Dangles

I am more down the middle than most of you wingnuts I can tell you that. Nobody recalls me beating up Obama on a regular basis, I took my medicine unlike the baby tantrums we see a constant flow of on this board.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 06-21-2018, 09:42 PM   #68
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
I am more down the middle than most of you wingnuts I can tell you that. Nobody recalls me beating up Obama on a regular basis, I took my medicine unlike the baby tantrums we see a constant flow of on this board.
Well isn't that precious.
Old 06-21-2018, 10:51 PM   #69
detbuch

Isn't it the responsibility of the people who legally reside in a country to make that country what it is? We don't seem to approve of our country meddling in the affairs of other countries. We don't believe in nation building. How is it that the U.S. becomes the go to place for people who don't like life in their country? Aren't we meddling in the affairs of other countries if we keep their citizens who do not formally and legally immigrate here instead of sending them back?

If a country is a #^&#^&#^&#^&hole, is it the responsibility of the U.S. to clean that up for some people, or is it the responsibility of those who populate the country to clean it up themselves? We had our revolution, as have other countries such as those in Eastern Europe who threw off the Soviet shackles. As did various countries in Africa and Asia. As did nations and people throughout history. And as did some of those various countries in Middle and South America who liberated themselves from European domination and are now dominated by corruption of their own making and from which now come our millions of illegal immigrants.

And where is the great and powerful United Nations? Isn't it supposed to make the world community a safe place for everyone? It likes to condemn Israel on a regular basis. Or send troops every now and then into various places like Africa or Bosnia to stop various genocides or horrible treatment of women and children.

Or are some of us comfortable in using women and children "immigrants" as political pawns? Of course we are. And the approving running-dog media lackeys will hype it to help their political cronies who don't want to stop the flow of illegals while, in the meantime, the so-called third world is awash in oppressed people, rapes, murders, poverty, genocides (e.g. South Africa and Christians in the Middle East) that are too redundant or politically inexpedient to report on. But rather to give us the expedient lies like there aren't any Muslim no go zones in various European countries, or not report on immigrant riots and rapes and murders by Muslims in various European cities and keep it rather quiet when the word finally gets out. Or won't give much covering of the shift to the right in Europe due precisely to the Progressive immigration policies and what they are doing to the indigenous culture. Giving all of that its due reportage might weaken the Progressive immigration ideology here in the U.S.

But, to a lot of us here, that is all becoming apparent. That phoniness in order to protect and promote the Progressive geo-political ideology is being exposed by its own overconfident, more in-your-face contradictory and often ridiculous rhetoric, policies, and outright attacks on speech, religion, and constitutional rights.

Hence, Donald Trump.
Old 06-22-2018, 09:35 AM   #70
Jim in CT

Quote:
I pay pretty close attention and can't think of anything significant worth commending. .
You work in Finance, and you se nothing worth commending.

Lowest black unemployment ever?
Neil Gorsich
Lowest unemployment in, what, 17 years?
stock market doing well

None of those are worth commending? I guess none are really reasons to cheer, or if they are, it's all Obama's doing?
Old 06-24-2018, 06:51 AM   #71
wdmso

What fox news thinks of separating children

On Friday, "Fox & Friends" co-host Brian Kilmeade took heat for saying that migrant children "aren't our kids."

"Like it or not, these are not our kids," he said. "Show them compassion, but it's not like he's doing this to the people of Idaho or Texas. These are people from another country."

Kilmeade argued that Americans were treating migrant children as if they are more important than "people in our country who pay taxes and have needs as well."
Fox News contributor Rachel Campos-Duffy on Friday defended the detention centers by saying "some African-Americans" told her the conditions are better than where they were raised.

"The detention centers are far safer than the journey that these children just came on," she said. "I spoke to some African-Americans who say, 'Gosh, the conditions of the detention centers are better than some of the projects that I grew up in.' "

Laura Ingraham's Fox News program she said the child migrant detention centers were "essentially summer camp."

Good old republican family values on display MAGA
Old 06-24-2018, 08:36 AM   #72
Jim in CT

Quote:
"I just find that many of you will not give the current president or administration a fair shake." guess you dont recall the past 8 years and what actions warrant being commended his Behavior he's treatment of others his Name calling... its hard to find a praise worthy thing... Honestly PS when the last time you saw him with his young son
I gave Obama credit all the time for fixing the economy and bombing terrorists. They are all crappy fathers, none of them have any time to spend with their kids.
Old 06-24-2018, 08:40 AM   #73
Jim in CT

Quote:

On Friday, "Fox & Friends" co-host Brian Kilmeade took heat for saying that migrant children "aren't our kids."

"Like it or not, these are not our kids," he said. "Show them compassion, but it's not like he's doing this to the people of Idaho or Texas. These are people from another country."

Kilmeade argued that Americans were treating migrant children as if they are more important than "people in our country who pay taxes and have needs as well."
Fox News contributor Rachel Campos-Duffy on Friday defended the detention centers by saying "some African-Americans" told her the conditions are better than where they were raised.

"The detention centers are far safer than the journey that these children just came on," she said. "I spoke to some African-Americans who say, 'Gosh, the conditions of the detention centers are better than some of the projects that I grew up in.' "

Laura Ingraham's Fox News program she said the child migrant detention centers were "essentially summer camp."

And what did you have to say when Obama was doing it? Zip. How come?
Old 06-24-2018, 09:18 AM   #74
detbuch

Quote:

I don't know what your version of family values is. I don't know if you even have a version--if you think such values are nonsense.

I don't know if Republicans have a new version, if they have discarded or modified their old ones in order to please the current post modern sexual and gender "values" so that they can get some of their votes.

But, as far as I can remember, the Good old American family values required adherence to the law. They didn't include encouraging other families to act illegally. They demanded loyalty to the Republic, not a welcome mat for cultural and political invasion--not a means to demographically change the nature of the society in which they invested their lives, their honor, and their fortunes.
Old 06-24-2018, 05:18 PM   #75
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
And what did you have to say when Obama was doing it? Zip. How come?
Jim, you keep saying this. Obama didn’t use immigration as a racist wedge issue. I’ve never in my life seen a US president dehumanize another people with blatant lies for political gain like this. It’s not just that the policy is different, the entire agenda is different.

America isn’t perfect but we’re slipping into that space where our actions are betraying who we are. We’ve been here before...it’s time to wake up.
Old 06-24-2018, 07:32 PM   #76
detbuch

Quote:
Jim, you keep saying this. Obama didn’t use immigration as a racist wedge issue.

What kind of issue did he use it for?

I’ve never in my life seen a US president dehumanize another people with blatant lies for political gain like this.

It's not nice to call MS-13 animals, but . . . oh well, Trump says stuff.

It’s not just that the policy is different, the entire agenda is different.

Thank God!!

America isn’t perfect but we’re slipping into that space where our actions are betraying who we are. We’ve been here before...it’s time to wake up.
Yeah, Peter Fonda, Kathy Griffin, Antifa, Black lives matter, Bill Maher (We need a recession), Corrupt FBI, highly biased mainstream media, constant accusations of conservatives being racist, racist, racist, homophobes, anti-women, deplorable, and a bunch of similar stuff . . , yeah, your actions are betraying who you are.

And yeah, we've been there before . . . Jane Fonda, the Weathermen, campus radicals, Black Panthers, Symbionese Liberation Army, Che Guevara as left's hero, American left's support of Communism almost from its start and heavily so during FDR Administration as well as support from America's leading academics and mainstream media such as the NYT.

Yeah we've been there before and it's time to wake up.

Last edited by detbuch; 06-24-2018 at 07:40 PM..
Old 06-24-2018, 07:56 PM   #77
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Jim, you keep saying this. Obama didn’t use immigration as a racist wedge issue. I’ve never in my life seen a US president dehumanize another people with blatant lies for political gain like this. It’s not just that the policy is different, the entire agenda is different.

It's not what you say,its how you say it,
It's not what you do,it's how you do it.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 06-24-2018, 08:52 PM   #78
Pete F.
Canceled

Perhaps they should microchip Immigrants or just tattoo numbers on their forearms.
That would solve the immigration problem.
Satire in case you wondered, though I fear some might have that view

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 06-24-2018, 08:56 PM   #79
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Perhaps they should microchip Immigrants or just tattoo numbers on their forearms.
That would solve the immigration problem.
Satire in case you wondered, though I fear some might have that view
If they are illegal, deporting them would be sufficient.
Old 06-25-2018, 05:36 AM   #80
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
If they are illegal, deporting them would be sufficient.

And they haven't been getting deported before Trump?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

exactly my point as well

some comments from His Base

The US Military can have the Southern Border totally sealed off in a month.
Nothing in or out along the Southern Border. Unless its Invaders from South of the Border being dropped into Old Mexico.

And Trump should order the Military to seal it off.
We are in a defacto war with Mexico right now.

They are invading. They are using their Military to assist with the invasion.

Stop all immigration from subhuman, Third World, shytholes. It's time we stop pretending that non-Europeans and non-East Asians have the ability to live in civilized societies.

and they will let Trump do as he pleases
Old 06-25-2018, 08:05 AM   #81
detbuch

Quote:
And they haven't been getting deported before Trump?

I was answering Pet F's sarcastic post. Was I supposed to include a complete history as well?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
exactly my point as well

I agree that the agenda is fundamentally different. And I believe that difference is good for a reversal of the Progressive trend and an inching back to the constitutional framework.

some comments from His Base

The US Military can have the Southern Border totally sealed off in a month.
Nothing in or out along the Southern Border. Unless its Invaders from South of the Border being dropped into Old Mexico.

And Trump should order the Military to seal it off.
We are in a defacto war with Mexico right now.

They are invading. They are using their Military to assist with the invasion.

Stop all immigration from subhuman, Third World, shytholes. It's time we stop pretending that non-Europeans and non-East Asians have the ability to live in civilized societies.

and they will let Trump do as he pleases
You can pick and choose comments from different parts of what you consider his base--and disregard comments from other parts of his base--and you become the kind of person you mock when you point out selected quotes of "conservatives."
Old 06-25-2018, 04:02 PM   #82
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
You can pick and choose comments from different parts of what you consider his base--and disregard comments from other parts of his base--and you become the kind of person you mock when you point out selected quotes of "conservatives."

Please feel free to post from other segments of his Base that sound reasonable because I havent read any
Or do you consider Waw Waw Waw comments as from other parts of the Base
Old 06-25-2018, 04:58 PM   #83
JohnR

Quote:
Please feel free to post from other segments of his Base that sound reasonable because I havent read any
Or do you consider Waw Waw Waw comments as from other parts of the Base

Not part of his base but knowing people that are they think that following the law and not breaking border / immigration law is a good start.

Crossing border illegally is breaking the law. Fundamental. How hard was that?

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 06-25-2018, 05:07 PM   #84
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
Crossing border illegally is breaking the law. Fundamental. How hard was that?
Seeking asylum is perfectly legal. How hard is that?
Old 06-25-2018, 05:26 PM   #85
wdmso

Who says don't secure the border... more right wing false information I guess being humane and treating people with dignity is to much to expect from this administration and republicans in general and the USA
Old 06-25-2018, 05:29 PM   #86
Slipknot
Super Moderator

so people who want to come here and have applied for it legally, just need to state that they want asylum to cut in the front of the line? I get it. That is much faster and easier than doing it the proper way. And here I thought there is a border for a reason. Yep, loophole asylum = no border, no green card needed, just cut in line. I bet the folks who paid the fees and applied legally are fine with that.

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Old 06-25-2018, 06:22 PM   #87
JohnR

Quote:
You apply for asylum at a border crossing or within a year of entry to the US. How do you prove your year of entry if you don't have a stamped passport?

Quote:
Who says don't secure the border... more right wing false information I guess being humane and treating people with dignity is to much to expect from this administration and republicans in general and the USA
You secure a border by preventing people from illegally crossing it - you don't secure a border by saying that guy looks like a nice guy so we'll let him cross and that guy looks like a terrorist so him, we'll block.

Being humane and treating with dignity? So what you are saying is that we should reward people that cross and violate the laws?

Personally I think we should have strict border control and let more people through the front door. Wayne - do you think that would be a better way to go? Rather than having a whole class of people underground? What would be wrong with that?

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 06-25-2018, 08:33 PM   #88
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Seeking asylum and being granted asylum are two different things.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 06-26-2018, 06:34 AM   #89
scottw

Spence wants open borders.....
Old 06-26-2018, 07:29 AM   #90
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Spence wants open borders.....

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."