Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

     

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container
 

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-12-2018, 05:57 AM   #1
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 7,977
CNN story sourcing Lanny Davis - pathetic

CNN recently ran a story quoting an anonymous source, saying that Trump had prior knowledge of the “Trump Tower meeting”, dun dun dun!!

Lanny Davis, a former Clinton operative who is now Michael Cohen’s attorney, came out and admitted he was the anonymous source, and he also admitted that he lied about being able to prove that Trump knew about the meeting.

CNN refuses to retract its story, they stand by it. The fact that their source has recanted, isn’t compelling to them.

Welcome to news coverage in the era of Trump. This is CNN.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 09-12-2018 at 08:01 AM..
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 06:17 AM   #2
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 6,429
wait...the long time lawyer and BFF of bill and hillary(the people who paid for the unverified steele dossier)....was the anonymous source confirming collusion that he now says he has no actual knowledge of....
scottw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 07:09 AM   #3
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist
iTrader: (1)
 
JohnR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Somewhere between OOB & west of Watch Hill
Posts: 32,477
Blog Entries: 1
Another prime example of why this is all so effed up.

BOTH sides distort in order to provide the echo chamber

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers


Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.


Apocalypse is Coming:
JohnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 07:19 AM   #4
spence
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: RI
Posts: 18,008
They have multiple sources, basic journalistic process Jim.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
spence is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 07:20 AM   #5
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 6,429
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
They have multiple sources, basic journalistic process Jim.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
multiple sources and zero credibility =
scottw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 08:01 AM   #6
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 7,977
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
They have multiple sources, basic journalistic process Jim.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Everybody else retracted the story after Lanny Davis recanted.
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 08:03 AM   #7
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 7,977
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
Another prime example of why this is all so effed up.

BOTH sides distort in order to provide the echo chamber
True both sides do this, and it's very very destructive. But the right only controls 1 TV station, which 1% of the nation watches.
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 08:20 AM   #8
spence
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: RI
Posts: 18,008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Everybody else retracted the story after Lanny Davis recanted.
Everybody else was just reporting on the CNN story, they don't have access to the sources or methods CNN based their reporting on.

CNN may be slanted to the left as a network but their fact based reporting is very credible. I don't think they would have published this story unless they were pretty confident it was accurate.
spence is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 08:59 AM   #9
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 6,429
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post

they don't have access to the sources or methods CNN based their reporting on.
....yeah...nobody is that bad
scottw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 09:01 AM   #10
Pete F.
Master tråd morder
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 3,127
Regardless of any reports do you think Donnie Jr didn't go running to Daddy with the great news that he was getting Dirt on Hillary?

Pete

"No one leaves home unless home is the mouth of a shark"
Warsan Shire

Time will tell
Pete F. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 09:42 AM   #11
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 6,429
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Regardless of any reports do you think Donnie Jr didn't go running to Daddy with the great news that he was getting Dirt on Hillary?
wasn't the question ? "saying that Trump had prior knowledge"
scottw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 10:11 AM   #12
spence
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: RI
Posts: 18,008
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
wasn't the question ? "saying that Trump had prior knowledge"
Jr thought he was getting the dirt before the meeting, that's why there was a meeting.

It's pretty hard to believe Trump didn't have prior knowledge.
spence is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 10:26 AM   #13
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 7,977
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Jr thought he was getting the dirt before the meeting, that's why there was a meeting.

It's pretty hard to believe Trump didn't have prior knowledge.
I agree it's hard to imagine. But that's not what CNN said. They said an anonymous source said he could prove it, and the anonymous source now says that's false.
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 10:31 AM   #14
Pete F.
Master tråd morder
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 3,127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
I agree it's hard to imagine. But that's not what CNN said. They said an anonymous source said he could prove it, and the anonymous source now says that's false.
How do you know he is the anonymous source?
Because he says so?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Pete

"No one leaves home unless home is the mouth of a shark"
Warsan Shire

Time will tell
Pete F. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 10:35 AM   #15
spence
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: RI
Posts: 18,008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
I agree it's hard to imagine. But that's not what CNN said. They said an anonymous source said he could prove it, and the anonymous source now says that's false.
Jim, there's more than one source.
spence is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 11:05 AM   #16
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 7,977
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Regardless of any reports do you think Donnie Jr didn't go running to Daddy with the great news that he was getting Dirt on Hillary?
and once again, it all goes back to how corrupt the family is. the point pete, is the intentional, laughable, bias.

trump is a jerk, we have covered this. why does that justify intentionally dishonest reporting?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 11:07 AM   #17
Pete F.
Master tråd morder
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 3,127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
and once again, it all goes back to how corrupt the family is. the point pete, is the intentional, laughable, bias.

trump is a jerk, we have covered this. why does that justify intentionally dishonest reporting?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
How do you know he is the anonymous source?
Because he says so?

Pete

"No one leaves home unless home is the mouth of a shark"
Warsan Shire

Time will tell
Pete F. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 11:20 AM   #18
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 6,429
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Jr thought he was getting the dirt before the meeting, that's why there was a meeting.

It's pretty hard to believe Trump didn't have prior knowledge.
prove it
scottw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 11:20 AM   #19
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 6,429
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Jim, there's more than one source.
name one
scottw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 11:21 AM   #20
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 6,429
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post

How do you know he is the anonymous source?
Because he says so?
that's how it usually works
scottw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 11:49 AM   #21
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 7,977
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
How do you know he is the anonymous source?
Because he says so?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Yes, (1) because he says so (and he would know), and (2) CNN isn't denying that.

Man you are something.
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 12:08 PM   #22
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 6,429
journalism 2018

"Trump hating network cites multiple anonymous sources stating trump is bad"
scottw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 12:43 PM   #23
spence
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: RI
Posts: 18,008
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
name one
Yes, because I work for CNN...good lord.
spence is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 02:27 PM   #24
Pete F.
Master tråd morder
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 3,127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Yes, (1) because he says so (and he would know), and (2) CNN isn't denying that.

Man you are something.
This is a circular argument
Quote anonymous source(s)
Someone says they were the anonymous source and admits(?) lying
Report says no still true
Who’s lying and how do you prove it?
Who cares anyways
I surmise that little Donnie told big Donnie but at the end of the day wtf difference does that make
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Pete

"No one leaves home unless home is the mouth of a shark"
Warsan Shire

Time will tell
Pete F. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 02:57 PM   #25
spence
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: RI
Posts: 18,008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
I surmise that little Donnie told big Donnie but at the end of the day wtf difference does that make
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Legally it makes a big difference.
spence is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 03:41 PM   #26
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits
iTrader: (0)
 
Got Stripers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: I live in a house, but my soul is at sea.
Posts: 4,258
Mueller please save us, Christ I hope there is some closure soon and we can all move past the collusion question. Doesn’t mean I don’t still have big concerns about influence Russia has over Trump.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Got Stripers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 04:34 PM   #27
Nebe
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
Nebe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: newpawht
Posts: 20,076
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Mueller please save us, Christ I hope there is some closure soon and we can all move past the collusion question. Doesn’t mean I don’t still have big concerns about influence Russia has over Trump.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
I’m sure I will all wrap up right before we have to vote. Because this hasn’t been politicized or anything...
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Nebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 03:44 AM   #28
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 2,258
The networks have continued to invite back other Washingtonians who have been caught making false statements, including White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders and top Trump adviser Kellyanne Conway, who coined the phrase “alternative facts.”


funny he has been all over the news making claims

CNN’s airwaves. "I made a mistake,” he said of his denial, adding: "I did not mean to be cute.” He claimed he didn’t lie but rather “unintentionally misspoke.”

More things that make you go Hummm

“A strong feeling.” That just doesn’t make much sense. Davis is a lawyer for his client, not a pundit. He can speak to Cohen about sensitive matters. His job is literally to speak publicly for Cohen, and getting their story straight is Job No. 1. The idea that Davis was simply freelancing with a narrative he hadn’t run by his client just doesn’t ring true. And if he was, how has Cohen not fired him for so clearly botching his defense?

But But Lenny Davis another attempt by Jim and Fox to shine the laser point some where else .... I guess they have never heard of collaborative evidence ... the case has been being made well before Cohan

Last edited by wdmso; 09-13-2018 at 03:54 AM..
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 03:52 AM   #29
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 6,429
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

But But Lenny Davis
Lenny Bruce is not afraid.....
scottw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 04:00 AM   #30
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 2,258
Jim your to funny


Lanny Davis, a former Clinton operative but his last boss was bush????

President George W. Bush appointed Davis to serve as the only Democratic member of the five-member Privacy and Civil Liberties Oversight Board, created by the U.S. Congress as part of the 2005 Intelligence Reform Act.


He served as special counsel to the President from 1996 to 1998, during which time he also was the spokesman for Clinton in issues regarding campaign finance investigations and other legal issues, including President Clinton's impeachment trial.[citation needed]
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Please use all necessary and proper safety precautions. STAY SAFE Striper Talk Forums
Copyright 1998-20012 Striped-Bass.com