Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » DIY - Forum

DIY - Forum Do It Yourself for Non-Fishing Items

Old 12-28-2021, 06:08 AM   #1
Rmarsh

trail cam

Been living here for forty four years....my backyard abutting a state forest.....seen plenty of wildlife during daylight....now I get to see what goes on in the wee hours.

Last edited by Rmarsh; 08-26-2023 at 05:59 AM..
Rmarsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2021, 07:22 AM   #2
Rmarsh

The deer are a little bit of a problem here eating my shrubs and garden....no big deal.......but the coyote.....he/she will be dead if I get the chance. Got a little dog that depends on me.....not allowed to go out alone...but sometimes slips past me.
Old 12-29-2021, 04:53 PM   #3
Guppy
User

The deer are as thick as rabbits around here,,, I’m thinking all these mild winters have something to do with it…
Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2021, 08:10 PM   #4
Hookedagain

This part of the state has the highest deer population. We are allowed to purchase extra doe permits to take an additional deer because they are over populated. Thats a nice looking buck. As for the coyote...you can hunt them until midnight.
Hookedagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 05:17 AM   #5
Rmarsh

I knew before putting up the trail cam that my area is infested with deer. Seen them at all hours of the day and what they do to my plants and shrubbery sucks but I can tolerate that.....but coyotes going after my dog......I'm a pretty decent marksman...and if the opportunity arises....I will not hesitate.

Farmers and other property owners are allowed by law to destroy coyotes or other wildlife causing damage to their crops or property. Pet owners may also take lethal action against coyotes that are attacking pets on their property.
Under Mass.General Law 131, Section 37, a property owner or tenant of land may hunt or take by other means, except by poison or snare, any mammal which he finds damaging his property

I saw a map somewhere of where car collisions with deer are most prevalent in the State.....Westport, Freetown and New Bedford made the top ten.
"Worcester County had the most number of deer-car crashes in 2020, according to MassDOT. Meanwhile, Westport was the community with the most crashes."
Old 12-30-2021, 06:40 AM   #6
Rmarsh

Changed camera setting to video last night
https://youtu.be/BWfCT5h5YcM
https://youtu.be/Eg-IyiBtjco

Last edited by Rmarsh; 12-30-2021 at 06:58 AM..