Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 06-16-2022, 11:29 AM   #31
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
you still won’t specify and pillars of mouse democracy that no longer exist thanks to him. i can only assume
you can’t think of any to list.

the guy at Kavanaughs house got charged with attempted
murder, which is not a charge they ( especially with democrats in charge) apply lightly.

stocks dropping, mortgage rates soaring, housing prices have to drop, almost nothing the north in power. an feel
good about at this point.

who do you think the democrats will run in 2024? that’s a sincere question.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Here’s an example for you

New Mexico’s Supreme Court orders county commission to certify vote
The order follows the commission’s refusal to approve primary vote tallies, citing discredited concerns about Dominion machines

This was all promoted and fueled by Donald trumps lies and direct attacks on the legitimacy or nations election system

they refused, citing unsubstantiated concerns about fraud.

Imagine that.

In 2024 I have no clue . I know Harris is a no so is Biden

But just like Republican primaries the far left might pick on who the agree with. Not who can win a general election

Imagine if joe manchin ran that would be interesting
Old 06-16-2022, 11:39 AM   #32
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Here’s an example for you

New Mexico’s Supreme Court orders county commission to certify vote
The order follows the commission’s refusal to approve primary vote tallies, citing discredited concerns about Dominion machines

This was all promoted and fueled by Donald trumps lies and direct attacks on the legitimacy or nations election system

they refused, citing unsubstantiated concerns about fraud.

Imagine that.

In 2024 I have no clue . I know Harris is a no so is Biden

But just like Republican primaries the far left might pick on who the agree with. Not who can win a general election

Imagine if joe manchin ran that would be interesting
so what part of democracy got destroyed? the court stepped up
and did what they’re supposed to do.

so you actually provided an example of our democracy working exactly as it’s supposed to. checks and balances works. it worked before trump, and per your example, still working.

our democracy works.
Old 06-16-2022, 01:53 PM   #33
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:

so you actually provided an example of our democracy working exactly as it’s supposed to. checks and balances works. it worked before trump, and per your example, still working.

our democracy works.
We are finding out just how close it came to not working, and now new evidence is breaking every single day now. Suddenly a lot of people want to come out and tell the truth.

This is the end of the beginning.
Now comes the collapse, and it will come faster than people think.
Everything Trump touched will die.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 06-16-2022, 02:59 PM   #34
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
We are finding out just how close it came to not working, and now new evidence is breaking every single day now. Suddenly a lot of people want to come out and tell the truth.

This is the end of the beginning.
Now comes the collapse, and it will come faster than people think.
Everything Trump touched will die.
what do you honestly think is going to happen in november? Blue wave?

Before covid, our economy was as robust as any i’ve seen in my life. Now it’s very, very shaky.

Crime, immigration, drugs, stock market in bear territory, gas prices, food prices, shrinking GDP, 11 million unfilled jobs.

Biden doesn’t own any of that? Zero?
Old 06-16-2022, 03:01 PM   #35
Pete F.
Canceled

Has nothing to do with the attempted coup by the Trumplican party
Old 06-16-2022, 03:05 PM   #36
spence

Quote:
Watch the hearings from today...blistering.
Old 06-16-2022, 03:18 PM   #37
Jim in CT

Quote:
i agree 100%. Trump has zero business running again. Zip.

Does Biden have anything to do with the horrific state of crime, immigration, drug overdoses, unfilled jobs, tanking stock market, soaring inflation? Has he contributed to any of that?

Last edited by Jim in CT; 06-16-2022 at 03:24 PM..
Old 06-16-2022, 04:12 PM   #38
wdmso

Quote:

our democracy works.

so you actually provided an example of our democracy working exactly as it’s supposed to. checks and balances works

You just can't see the bigger Picture can you

Do you Drive your car into a wall at 100MPH So you can provide an example of that seat belts an an Air Bags are working exactly as it’s supposed to?

Days after he mounted a failed attempt to pressure Vice President Mike Pence to overturn the 2020 election, attorney John Eastman asked Rudy Giuliani to help him get on Donald Trump’s list for a presidential pardon, according to an email revealed by the Jan. 6 select committee on Thursday.

“I’ve decided that I should be on the pardon list, if that is still in the works,” Eastman wrote to Giuliani in the email.

Courts should not be involved in elections ... But they should be involved with people trying to steal an election ..
Old 06-16-2022, 04:32 PM   #39
Jim in CT

Quote:
so you actually provided an example of our democracy working exactly as it’s supposed to. checks and balances works

You just can't see the bigger Picture can you

Do you Drive your car into a wall at 100MPH So you can provide an example of that seat belts an an Air Bags are working exactly as it’s supposed to?

Days after he mounted a failed attempt to pressure Vice President Mike Pence to overturn the 2020 election, attorney John Eastman asked Rudy Giuliani to help him get on Donald Trump’s list for a presidential pardon, according to an email revealed by the Jan. 6 select committee on Thursday.

“I’ve decided that I should be on the pardon list, if that is still in the works,” Eastman wrote to Giuliani in the email.

Courts should not be involved in elections ... But they should be involved with people trying to steal an election ..
if i drive my car 100 mph into a wall and i walk away, i wouldnt then say car safety standards don’t exist anymore. that’s exactly what you did.

Trump tried to undermine our democracy, and our democracy told him to go kick rocks.

We get it, you hate him. But he didn’t destroy our democracy.

If supreme court justices are afraid to decide cases the way they think they should be decided because they fear for their safety, would
that be an example of our democracy being destroyed? I think it would. Yet unless Psaki is lying, Biden is encouraging americans to intimidate judges at their homes.

But that’s ok, because Biden is a democrat.

It’s ok when left wing looks publish their home addresses,,and publish the names of the schools
their kids attend. Because it’s ok when democrats do it.
Old 06-16-2022, 08:40 PM   #40
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
i agree 100%. Trump has zero business running again. Zip.

Does Biden have anything to do with the horrific state of crime, immigration, drug overdoses, unfilled jobs, tanking stock market, soaring inflation? Has he contributed to any of that?
"Tim, I know you and trust you but you're not the one behind the wheel."--VP Pence to his Secret Service detail after evacuating his office, refuses to get into his car.
Gives you a sense what Pence really thought Trump was capable of at that point on January 6th
Yet you’ll spin it into border, crime, drugs and inflation
And you expect us to fall for that???.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 06-17-2022, 05:34 AM   #41
Jim in CT

Quote:
"Tim, I know you and trust you but you're not the one behind the wheel."--VP Pence to his Secret Service detail after evacuating his office, refuses to get into his car.
Gives you a sense what Pence really thought Trump was capable of at that point on January 6th
Yet you’ll spin it into border, crime, drugs and inflation
And you expect us to fall for that???.

i didn’t spin anything. i armutted trump has no business running again.

i know why i believe what i believe. That’s why, unlike you, i’m happy to respond to questions from the other side, happy to admit when you’re right.

this thread is about Biden, but you don’t want to talk honestly about him because it’s a losing proposition for you, so you, not me, pivoted to another topic.

Old 06-17-2022, 06:35 AM   #42
Pete F.
Canceled

Yesterday’s hearing has made clear again that:

1. Donald Trump is a corrupt, unfit criminal who did all he could to overthrow an American election. There’s no debating this.

2. Donald Trump remains the leader of the Republican Party & the 2024 GOP nomination is his if he wants it.
Old 06-17-2022, 07:42 AM   #43
Jim in CT

Quote:
Yesterday’s hearing has made clear again that:

1. Donald Trump is a corrupt, unfit criminal who did all he could to overthrow an American election. There’s no debating this.

2. Donald Trump remains the leader of the Republican Party & the 2024 GOP nomination is his if he wants it.
agreed ( though I’m voting for Trump if he’s the GOP nominee).

and 3, Joe Biden is overseeing one policy disaster after another.

do you blame Biden for any of the mess we’re going through right now?

Last edited by Jim in CT; 06-17-2022 at 07:48 AM..
Old 06-17-2022, 08:02 AM   #44
wdmso

Quote:
agreed.

and 3, Joe Biden is overseeing one policy disaster after another.

do you blame Biden for any of the mess we’re going through right now?
Jim please name one policy’s change responsible for what’s happening here and around the Globe

Yet

Publix heiress paid Kimberly Guilfoyle’s $60,000 speaking fee on Jan. 6. For 3 minutes

The funds were directed to Donald Trump Jr.'s fiancee through Turning Point Action, a nonprofit run by Charlie Kirk

Their are 2 things happening in America one was planned and organized.. the other happens on a cycle and no individual plans or organized it! What’s the saying what go’s up must come down ..

To many Americans and companies have gotten to think low interest rates and free money were here to Stay . and the swing from employers retirement plans to 401k and other retirement investments . Mantra of personal responsibility. These normal people are now paying the price. Upset at the government who had nothing to do with them leaving all their money in high risk investment. At the suggestion of people making money off them with no fiduciary intent

I know several people who kept all their eggs in high risk and now a year from retirement. Are seeing a 200 to 300k hit in their plans .. they were all market experts when they were seeing big returns.. now it’s Biden’s fault .. lol
Old 06-17-2022, 08:10 AM   #45
Jim in CT

Quote:
Jim please name one policy’s change responsible for what’s happening here and around the Globe

Yet

Publix heiress paid Kimberly Guilfoyle’s $60,000 speaking fee on Jan. 6. For 3 minutes

The funds were directed to Donald Trump Jr.'s fiancee through Turning Point Action, a nonprofit run by Charlie Kirk

Their are 2 things happening in America one was planned and organized.. the other happens on a cycle and no individual plans or organized it! What’s the saying what go’s up must come down ..

To many Americans and companies have gotten to think low interest rates and free money were here to Stay . and the swing from employers retirement plans to 401k and other retirement investments . Mantra of personal responsibility. These normal people are now paying the price. Upset at the government who had nothing to do with them leaving all their money in high risk investment. At the suggestion of people making money off them with no fiduciary intent

I know several people who kept all their eggs in high risk and now a year from retirement. Are seeing a 200 to 300k hit in their plans .. they were all market experts when they were seeing big returns.. now it’s Biden’s fault .. lol
Biden announced we were going to end fossil fuels, Biden ended the pipeline ( oil pricing is largely a futures pricing model, so perception matters), Biden spent trillions and trillions, Biden bungled the withdrawal from afghanistan at the end, Buden out an imbecile ( Harris) in charge of the border, liberal DAs are cording violent criminals, liberals
are villifying police, liberals say we can choose to be whichever if the 50 genders we’d like to be, liberals say concerned parents are domestic terrorists, is that enough?

so in your mind, Biden has fine absolutely nothing to exacerbate these problems? not one bit?

good news is, in november we get to see which one of us america agrees with. I for one, can’t wait. You?
Old 06-17-2022, 08:16 AM   #46
Jim in CT

Quote:

it’s not all Bidens fault, but some of it’s his fault, and all of it’s his problem.

You blamed Bush for the subprime
mortgage crisis, you blamed Trump for covid. Fine. Now it’s your turn to be in the receiving end of that logic. Do you like it?
Old 07-12-2022, 12:01 PM   #47
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Biden announced we were going to end fossil fuels, Biden ended the pipeline ( oil pricing is largely a futures pricing model, so perception matters), Biden spent trillions and trillions, Biden bungled the withdrawal from afghanistan at the end, Buden out an imbecile ( Harris) in charge of the border, liberal DAs are cording violent criminals, liberals
are villifying police, liberals say we can choose to be whichever if the 50 genders we’d like to be, liberals say concerned parents are domestic terrorists, is that enough?

so in your mind, Biden has fine absolutely nothing to exacerbate these problems? not one bit?

good news is, in november we get to see which one of us america agrees with. I for one, can’t wait. You?
Jim never paints with a broad brush

Lets Go Darwin