Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Grumpy Old Pharts Board

Grumpy Old Pharts Board Gerritol, Ex-Lax, Immodium, Bad Breath - all requirements for the Grumpy Board

Old 07-17-2022, 07:34 AM   #1
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Remember when

You could work on your own car or truck. Silverado has all kinds of power, but click and nothing. Utube video of what it would take to even get to the ground wires, solenoid or starter and I’m sure come Monday if I can’t get her started to drive to the dealer, I’m looking at a fun job with AAA trying to tow it. One way dirt road in tight cottage neighborhood and of course 90 degree heat coming to make it even more fun.
Got Stripers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2022, 05:31 PM   #2
Guppy
User

Oh boy!
Two weeks ago Wayne picks me up at a park and ride, dummy me leave’s the parking lights on… gets back, click click…
Triple A in 40 minutes, not too bad…
For two weeks been hauling a spare battery out of the back seat to jump start….., TWO FREAKEN WEEKS

Soonest appointment I could get ……
Thought about doing it myself til I watched a utube,,,, 2017 Sierra….
That freaking ground wire connector is close to impossible to get the jumper on…. Battery service filters… 4 bills plus… :-(

Phew, I feel better now…
Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2022, 06:00 PM   #3
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppy View Post
Oh boy!
Two weeks ago Wayne picks me up at a park and ride, dummy me leave’s the parking lights on… gets back, click click…
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Best money ever spent.
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2022, 07:01 PM   #4
Guppy
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I had thought about it …. But that’s as far as it went….. $$$ is tight !
Old 07-17-2022, 08:38 PM   #5
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppy View Post
I had thought about it …. But that’s as far as it went….. $$$ is tight !
Walmart sells on for about 80, 1K amp. Small and kept on the skiff.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
RIROCKHOUND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2022, 12:34 PM   #6
Jimbo

Sorry to hear, Ray, I'm usually around if you need a hand...not that I'm mechanically inclined, Ironically,
went to run a few errands yesterday, first stop, gas. Unfortunately, then my 10 year old F150 refused to start. Nice mechanic figured out it was the starter, ordered the part, said, "I'll call you when it's done." Nice, hot 2.5 mile hike home via the CC Rail Trail, had a seat and a few sips of water and got the call it was all fixed (and the price was right, not that I had a choice). I really lucked out yesterday.

Fishing is a... discipline in the equality of men - for all men are equal before fish. ~Herbert Hoover
Jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2022, 04:39 PM   #7
Guppy
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
Sorry to hear, Ray, I'm usually around if you need a hand...not that I'm mechanically inclined, Ironically,
went to run a few errands yesterday, first stop, gas. Unfortunately, then my 10 year old F150 refused to start. Nice mechanic figured out it was the starter, ordered the part, said, "I'll call you when it's done." Nice, hot 2.5 mile hike home via the CC Rail Trail, had a seat and a few sips of water and got the call it was all fixed (and the price was right, not that I had a choice). I really lucked out yesterday.
Thanks,,, likewise….
Old 07-20-2022, 05:04 PM   #8
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
You could work on your own car or truck. Silverado has all kinds of power, but click and nothing. Utube video of what it would take to even get to the ground wires, solenoid or starter and I’m sure come Monday if I can’t get her started to drive to the dealer, I’m looking at a fun job with AAA trying to tow it. One way dirt road in tight cottage neighborhood and of course 90 degree heat coming to make it even more fun.
And????
We already have the results from Gup' hijack. How did you make out?

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
nightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2022, 05:27 PM   #9
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfighter View Post
And????
We already have the results from Gup' hijack. How did you make out?
Starter as I suspected, since I had plenty of power, again back in the day that’s a $100 fix with some sweat and time. Not in todays world, but I’m back in business, hoping to dodge the service bill for another year.
Got Stripers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 03:50 AM   #10
Guppy
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Starter as I suspected, since I had plenty of power, again back in the day that’s a $100 fix with some sweat and time. Not in todays world, but I’m back in business, hoping to dodge the service bill for another year.
I’ll bet that’s more $$$ than my hijacked battery…..
I feel your pain …. ;-)