Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Sports Talk - Title Town

Sports Talk - Title Town Sports Talk - Our Home for the 2004/2007 World Champion Red Sox, Super Bowl XXXVI, XXXVIII, XXXIX Champion Patriots! SEVENTEEN TIME NBA Champion Boston Celtics, 2011 winners of Lord Stanley's Cup Boston Bruins!!!

Old 01-16-2018, 10:53 AM   #1
Duke41
got gas?

Thoughts on the Patriots always winning.

Over the last few days there has been a video of Vikings fans absolutely losing their minds over their team making the NFC Championship. Their pure joy and enthusiasm is uplifting and shows the real power of sports to make people happy. When the Pats beat the Rams in the 2001 Super Bowl my cousin, Bobby and I just stood there with are jaws on the floor between the moment the kick sailed through the uprights and the ref signaled good. Then we lost our F-ing minds. I lifted my 7 year old son Evan up and whirled around the room with him and then we all ran in circles outside, whooping and screaming with glee. Our celebration was epic. Now when the Pats win its like Ward and June Cleaver sitting at the breakfast table. Ward snapping the paper "Oh look June, the Patriots have made the AFC Championship again." June "Thats nice Ward, Oh that reminds me Beaver wants to have Lumpy over to watch the game, if we are home."
The football Gods at the top of Mount Olympus have for some inexpiclable reason decided to bless all of us with a virtual overflowing banquet of amazing comeback victories, key plays, a record breaking coach and quarterback. We are stuffed and have hit that buffet line time and time again. As we sit in our chairs losening our collective belts and reaching for the rollaids the rest of the league is peeking thru the windows like orphans.
Will there be a reckoning some day, ask King Louis of France. Yes, some day the commoners are going to smash thru the gates and rain hell down on us. But until then lets hit the buffet again, although filled to the brim I am still hungry.
Duke41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 11:17 AM   #2
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Run up the score
More is better

That first one was epic, nothing like it, better than the Sox winning.

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Slipknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 11:42 AM   #3
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipknot View Post
better than the Sox winning.
Nothing has been as good as coming back from 0-3 to beat the Yankees IMO. The subsequent World Series, their first in 80 plus years, didn't even compare to that. We did not hate the Rams like we despised the evil empire.....

But to the OP, yes. We are now spoiled, but having sat at games back in Fenway watching the Boston Patriots, I still cannot get enough. Anyone under 40 cannot fathom the decades of despair we went through with these two teams....

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
nightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 12:43 PM   #4
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfighter View Post
Nothing has been as good as coming back from 0-3 to beat the Yankees IMO. The subsequent World Series, their first in 80 plus years, didn't even compare to that. We did not hate the Rams like we despised the evil empire.....
Amen to that, that was one of the greatest nights in my sports life, and the night they won that WS was the cherry on top.

I don't think we need a day of reckoning, we paid our dues for years and this is our reward.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
The Dad Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 01:40 PM   #5
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Everyone else is so tired of the Pats dominating they even made it on the X-Files new season.
They are in peoples heads

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Old 01-19-2018, 02:39 PM   #6
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Gronk trying to help Tom out

very good photoshop replacing Walbergs' head with Gronks'
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	brady hand gronk.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	22.8 KB
ID:	64871  

Old 01-19-2018, 03:54 PM   #7
spence

I don't really have a problem with the Patriots always winning.
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 04:26 PM   #8
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

I am cautiously optimistic about this game... Could see an upset. They have some studs on the defensive side of the ball.

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
nightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 04:31 PM   #9
spence

Glove gate.
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 05:40 PM   #10
BigBo

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Glove gate.
Yep. I think they're playing with the media. Now they are only focused on Brady's hand and not the game itself. Media is having a field day with all sorts of scenarios and what if's. Saying they're gonna pay now for trading Jimmy G away.
Also messes with the Jags because they're unsure of who is going to QB and how to prepare for one or the other.
Belichick's head games.

The future ain't what it used to be. --Yogi Berra
BigBo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 03:44 PM   #11
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfighter View Post

But to the OP, yes. We are now spoiled, but having sat at games back in Fenway watching the Boston Patriots, I still cannot get enough. Anyone under 40 cannot fathom the decades of despair we went through with these two teams....
^^^^^^ T H I S

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBo View Post
Yep. I think they're playing with the media. Now they are only focused on Brady's hand and not the game itself. Media is having a field day with all sorts of scenarios and what if's. Saying they're gonna pay now for trading Jimmy G away.
Also messes with the Jags because they're unsure of who is going to QB and how to prepare for one or the other.
Belichick's head games.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
JohnR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 03:58 PM   #12
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
My opinion nothing in my lifetime has compared to the 1980 USA Olympic hockey team winning gold at the Winter Olympics.
I’ll probably watch Miracle tomorrow while the game is on.
Screw the NFL and the flag protesting #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&s !
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Raider Ronnie is offline   Reply With Quote