Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 02-25-2016, 01:00 PM   #1
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Then who are these White Americans that NEED to do a better job.....and who is this "WE" that needs to recognize OUR privilege?
She's giving her perspective on a collective we.

I know a black guy who get's pulled over by cops all the time, yet it never happens to me. Do you deny this doesn't exist?
Old 02-25-2016, 01:22 PM   #2
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post

I know a black guy who get's pulled over by cops all the time, yet it never happens to me. Do you deny this doesn't exist?
(1) In a nation of 300 million, the observed sample of two people, means exactly zilch.

(2) that being said, yes it happens in law enforcement. Does that contribute to black poverty or unemployment? No. It efefcts quality of life, not economic disparities.

(3) and there was that black "knockout game" last year, where youngblacks would sucker-punch innocent white people. Racism, sadly, exists. In a diverse nation of 300 million people, it always will. And it goes in both directions.

As I said (and you conveniently ignored), if a black kid is born into a stable, loving, well-to-do family, he will likely do well. If a white kid is born to a single mom who is a drug addict, that kid will struggle. So race isn't the determining factor. The determining factor, is the dynamic o fthe family that you are born into. Do you deny that? If so, I'd just love to hear why.

It gets tiresome.
Old 02-25-2016, 01:26 PM   #3
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post

Yes, it doesn't exist. From my perspective the black guy is lying. And as far as it "never" happens to you, your not dead yet. And, I am white (at least that's my perspective), and it has happened to me. Though not all the time. I would still be stuck somewhere getting a ticket if it happened all the time.