Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 09-16-2021, 12:54 PM   #1
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Jim why do you think every response is about you? unless your part of the 75% of conservatives and republicans I was referring...

example

GOP Sen. Risch of Idaho Absurdly Demands Blinken Expose who has the the button to Turn Biden off

Just the most recent example of the GOP masquerading Conspiracy As Truth .. At Senate Hearing no less
last night ,CNN host don lemon said we should
shun the unvaccinated, leave them
behind, and that the unvaccinated are stupid people who followed trump.

except huge. umbers if blacks and people with PhDs. aren’t vaccinated.

there’s a lefty defying facts for political convenience, which you said only republicans do.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 09-16-2021, 01:03 PM   #2
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post

there’s a lefty defying facts for political convenience, which you said only republicans do.
I'm flat out and don't have a lot of time to argue on here right now, so basically hit and run... but the PhD thing stuck out with me, as I have one, and am vaccinated...

This was an interesting take on the article, that the number (24% PhD not vaccinated) may not all its cracked up to be.... Not saying it is wrong, but how the number was gleaned was not super reliable it seems...

https://www.wnct.com/news/north-caro...-among-ph-d-s/

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 09-16-2021, 01:14 PM   #3
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
I'm flat out and don't have a lot of time to argue on here right now, so basically hit and run... but the PhD thing stuck out with me, as I have one, and am vaccinated...

This was an interesting take on the article, that the number (24% PhD not vaccinated) may not all its cracked up to be.... Not saying it is wrong, but how the number was gleaned was not super reliable it seems...

come on, no one is saying they’re all unvaccinated,,or that those who are, say anything about you.

how about the black number, also a right wing myth?
Old 09-16-2021, 01:46 PM   #4
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
come on, no one is saying they’re all unvaccinated,,or that those who are, say anything about you.

how about the black number, also a right wing myth?
And just where did a lot of blacks get this distrust for government, hmmmmm could it have anything to do with how they have been used and abused by the government in the past, I’m sure there is a pretty good mix of democratic and republican blacks who still have old memories that impact decisions on vaccination.
Old 09-16-2021, 01:21 PM   #5
Jim in CT

Quote:

do you think people who have had covid, and therefore have natural antibodies, should be forced to get the vaccine? that’s a tough one for me. would genuinely like to know what you think.
Old 09-16-2021, 01:48 PM   #6
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
do you think people who have had covid, and therefore have natural antibodies, should be forced to get the vaccine? that’s a tough one for me. would genuinely like to know what you think.
If they still have confirmed antibodies, no, BUT how long that lasts is unclear and they would likely benefit from the vax in most cases.

Of course to your other post it isn't all or nothing, but one poll saying it is 24% may or may not be indicative that is all I am saying.
The hesitancy among African Americans and as a whole poorer Americans is unfortunate. How much is fear, how much is worry of potential costs etc.. is all unfortunate. I said it earlier, there are multiple reasons why different groups are not getting vaccinated. Clearly it is not all GOP/Trump related, but it also can't all be African Americans and PhD's in the sun belt states keeping the rates low there.

Back to work, have fun guys and be nice...

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 09-16-2021, 02:12 PM   #7
Jim in CT

Quote:
If they still have confirmed antibodies, no, BUT how long that lasts is unclear and they would likely benefit from the vax in most cases.

Of course to your other post it isn't all or nothing, but one poll saying it is 24% may or may not be indicative that is all I am saying.
The hesitancy among African Americans and as a whole poorer Americans is unfortunate. How much is fear, how much is worry of potential costs etc.. is all unfortunate. I said it earlier, there are multiple reasons why different groups are not getting vaccinated. Clearly it is not all GOP/Trump related, but it also can't all be African Americans and PhD's in the sun belt states keeping the rates low there.

i here you, that number of unvaccinated phds may be wrong. my point was, it’s not just trump fanatics who are i vaccinated. Trump is pushing for the vaccine.

So when a CNN prime time host says only Trumpkicans are preventing us from being fully vaccinated, it would
be nice is one of the lefties here could just say “he shouldn’t be saying that.”.

If the vaccination rate is low among blacks, it’s much more likely to be because ok Kamala Harris explicitly saying she wouldn’t take it if Trump suggested it. She’s more popular with blacks than Trump, and she’s the one, not Trump, who was skeptical.

Thanks for responding, i do appreciate it.
Old 09-16-2021, 02:16 PM   #8
Jim in CT

Quote:

i completely agree most people who have have covid, would
see some benefit from the vaccine. i just don’t know that they should be forced to take it.

I also don’t see a 100% vaccination rate as being any kind of end
game. We’re seeing tons of positive test results at universities that have 99% vaccination rates.

The disease probably isn’t going away, much more likely it hangs around like the flu. we need to accept that and get back to living.
Old 09-16-2021, 02:19 PM   #9
wdmso

Quote:

Once again you bring up blacks who Republicans out number 2 to 1 in this country.. and comparing the 2 vaccine non vaccinated rates as some how the same ?
Just so happens I saw that segment and his suggestion was leave all the unvaccinated behind. And that included blacks who hesitation is historical And Trump supporters it’s just political.. huge differences
Old 09-16-2021, 02:21 PM   #10
Pete F.
Canceled

A new national survey by Pew Research Center, conducted from Aug. 23 to 29 among 10,348 U.S. adults, prior to President Joe Biden’s announcement of COVID-19 vaccine mandates for employers, finds that 73% of those ages 18 and older say they’ve received at least one dose of a vaccine for COVID-19, with the vast majority of this group saying they have received all the shots they need to be fully vaccinated. About a quarter of adults (26%) say they have not received a vaccine.

Vaccination rates vary significantly across demographic groups, with smaller majorities of younger adults, those with lower family incomes and those living in rural areas saying they’ve received a COVID-19 vaccine. No more than six-in-ten of those without health insurance and White evangelical Protestants say they’ve been vaccinated (57% each). Notably, Black adults are now about as likely as White adults to say they’ve received a vaccine. Earlier in the outbreak, Black adults were less likely than White adults to say they planned to get a COVID-19 vaccine.

Partisan affiliation remains one of the widest differences in vaccination status: 86% of Democrats and independents who lean toward the Democratic Party have received at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine, compared with 60% of Republicans and Republican leaners.

Americans express a range of sometimes cross-pressured sentiments toward vaccines. Overall, 73% say the statement “vaccines are the best way to protect Americans from COVID-19” describes their views very or somewhat well; 60% say their views are described at least somewhat well by the statement “people who choose not to get a COVID-19 vaccine are hurting the country.”

At the same time, 51% of the public says that the phrase “there’s too much pressure on Americans to get a COVID-19 vaccine” describes their own views very or somewhat well. And 61% say the same about the statement “we don’t really know yet if there are serious health risks from COVID-19 vaccines.”

Vaccinated adults and those who have not received a vaccine differ widely in their views of vaccines – as well as other elements of the broader coronavirus outbreak. For instance, 77% of vaccinated adults say the statement “people who choose not to get a COVID-19 vaccine are hurting the country” describes them at least somewhat well. By contrast, 88% of those who have not received a vaccine say that “there’s too much pressure on Americans to get a COVID-19 vaccine” describes their own views very or somewhat well.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin