Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 03-12-2020, 08:02 AM   #1
wdmso

Nothing burger virus to no flights from EU 30days

Wow can this Guy make up his mind , from one extreme to another blindsided the EU saying the infections here its their fault. , I guess sick people can't leave from England , Americans can come back not sure how seeing what airline is going to fly 300 passenger jet with 10 passengers

So once again Trump muddied the water ever more, lets see if this calms the Markets

Yet over on breightbart on the travel ban, President Trump goes above and beyond to protect the Health and Welfare of the American people.

But the NCAA canceled March madness you get this

Goodness. The media in this country/world is the real disease. Overreaction.

The markets tanking

Never thought the MSM hysteria could bring the World to its knees.
Amazing how propaganda can be so effective.
It's a damn virus. It will pass.

This the Trumps base and the only people he cares about
Old 03-12-2020, 08:06 AM   #2
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

So NOW you believe in “Fake News”
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 03-12-2020, 08:40 AM   #3
Sea Dangles

Only a dunce uses an issue like this to divide and politicize. No surprise to see him do anything to push an agenda.
🤡🤒🙀
Old 03-12-2020, 09:11 AM   #4
spence

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...crisis/607867/

This pretty much says it all
Old 03-12-2020, 09:18 AM   #5
PaulS

Like calling this the "foreign virus" and blaming the Dems. for lying about the threat for weeks while doing nothing? Empathy and compassion does not come easy for this Pres.

Trump/NCAA/NBA, etc. made a tough call. Dammed if you do, dammed If you don't. Think it is smart to canc. events for the next few weeks to see what we can do to lesson this. I think we lost valuable time w/tests and too bad more aren't ready. Say a prayer for the 1st responders who are putting their lives on the line for our safety. I think the govern. needs to make the test $0 to prevent people w/o insurance from not getting the tests. Not sure about hospital costs. Like the idea of trying to get $ to people w/o sick leave. Don't think the market will stabilize until the virus is contained no matter what the govern. does.

High school sports championships where canc. 2 days ago. Big uproar, blaming the Dems. and media. Now all is good with those mouth breathers.
Old 03-12-2020, 09:37 AM   #6
wdmso

TRUMPS all over the road and his supporters still find excuses. Its amazing to watch. But their constant in the buzz word dept..
Old 03-12-2020, 09:45 AM   #7
Sea Dangles

The mouth breathers are so anxious to blame this global pandemic on Trump. True colors are coming through...

Don’t forget to mention the amount of tests in SouthKorea.🤡
Old 03-12-2020, 09:46 AM   #8
Jim in CT

I'm confused. Are the trump-haters here saying he over-reacted, or under-reacted? Or both? I guess it's both.

Again, first day, he restricted travel from China, and he was called a xenophobe and a dictator for doing so. Can't win.

Why are liberals so upset about saying out loud, that this virus originated in China? That's a sincere question, really. Isn't it true?
Old 03-12-2020, 10:18 AM   #9
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Why are liberals so upset about saying out loud, that this virus originated in China? That's a sincere question, really. Isn't it true?
Why call it a foreign virus other than to try to blame it on China? What difference does it make?

I can't recall any other Pres. repeating that.

If a question is asked where the virus started, then saying China is ok.
Old 03-12-2020, 10:30 AM   #10
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Why call it a foreign virus other than to try to blame it on China? What difference does it make?

I can't recall any other Pres. repeating that.

If a question is asked where the virus started, then saying China is ok.
we can sometimes learn from facts. admitting it started in China, might prevent scientists from poking around the everglades looking for the cause. assuming that developing vaccines and preventing this from happening again requires some knowledge of what actually happened, then facts are often useful. even when Trump states them. it’s also worth knowing if China blew the way they handled it initially. We are very dependent on them for basic antibiotics and medical equipment, and facts might lead us to conclude that policy changes might be in order. Facts help you acquire knowledge, which helps make public policy decisions.

i don’t see why it matters that you have t seen any former presidents say it started in china. trump is the current president.

without knowing it started there, makes it easier to call him a bigot for banning travel from there, so i guess that’s why liberals don’t like to say facts out loud.

China is at best our fiercest global
competitor, at worst an enemy.
Old 03-12-2020, 12:19 PM   #11
PaulS

Everyone with an ounce of sense now knows it started in China.

Meant former Pres. when they were dealing w/other viruses - not this instance. They didn't play the blame game like Trump does.
Old 03-12-2020, 12:20 PM   #12
PaulS

And to show what a scum bag our current Pres. is he say this.

The Democrat policy of open borders is a direct threat to the health and well-being of all Americans. Now you see it with the coronavirus, you see it.”
Old 03-12-2020, 12:31 PM   #13
wdmso

Quote:
I'm confused. Are the trump-haters here saying he over-reacted, or under-reacted? Or both? I guess it's both.

Again, first day, he restricted travel from China, and he was called a xenophobe and a dictator for doing so. Can't win.

Its not a liberal thing its Chinese Americans regular Americans who are used to Trump's innuendos . Just look at his mexicans comments
CA Gun Sales Surge as Asian Americans Fear Attacks over Corona Virus... shocking they would feel this way

PS Theirs not a person on the planet who dosnt know it started in China. So why would Stephen Miller or Pompeo call it chinese or whuan virus ,?

Why not use the term virus originated in China. Because its about blamining China

Last edited by wdmso; 03-12-2020 at 12:37 PM..
Old 03-12-2020, 12:47 PM   #14
PaulS

Is the china virus the scientific name? If not, why use it?
Old 03-12-2020, 01:27 PM   #15
Jim in CT

Quote:
And to show what a scum bag our current Pres. is he say this.

The Democrat policy of open borders is a direct threat to the health and well-being of all Americans. Now you see it with the coronavirus, you see it.”
while i agree the liberal support for open borders is causing americans to be killed, it’s asinine to relate that to this. beyond idiotic.

as to other presidents not commenting on their viruses, i don’t care, none of those were taken anywhere near as seriously as this, and what he said happens to be true.

everything he says, must be inappropriate. it just has to be. because orange man bad.
Old 03-12-2020, 01:29 PM   #16
Jim in CT

Quote:
Is the china virus the scientific name? If not, why use it?
China is telling its citizens that this is our fault. So every time
he corrects that on camera, he’s combatting a lie. this is probably his way of giving them the finger for lying and saying it was us.

so you aren’t embarrassed when biden tells a citizen that he’s a horses azz and full of sh*t, but correctly calling this the china virus is problematic.

Old 03-12-2020, 01:41 PM   #17
PaulS

Quote:
while i agree the liberal support for open borders is causing americans to be killed, it’s asinine to relate that to this. beyond idiotic.

as to other presidents not commenting on their viruses, i don’t care, none of those were taken anywhere near as seriously as this, and what he said happens to be true.

everything he says, must be inappropriate. it just has to be. because orange man bad.

He was just telling us it would magically go away and it was a Dem. hoax.

Last edited by PaulS; 03-12-2020 at 01:46 PM..
Old 03-12-2020, 01:44 PM   #18
PaulS

Quote:
China is telling its citizens that this is our fault. So every time
he corrects that on camera, he’s combatting a lie. this is probably his way of giving them the finger for lying and saying it was us.

so you aren’t embarrassed when biden tells a citizen that he’s a horses azz and full of sh*t, but correctly calling this the china virus is problematic.

Glad you care more about China than the incompetence and lies in this admin.

I'm far less embar. by anything Biden has done (or will do) than by the conservatives who have bent over and held their ankles and sucked up to Trump by accepting his classless behavior and constant lies.

Your hypocrisy is amazing - crying about what Biden said to 1 person while saying nothing about Trump's constant lies and insults. TDS!
Old 03-12-2020, 01:48 PM   #19
Jim in CT

how could anyone possibly interpret what i wrote, as caring more about china? is there any way you can respond to what i actually write, instead of portraying me as a perpetually angry Chinese sympathizer? You used to be. lot more interesting and challenging to discuss these things with. Pete is rubbing off on you.

China makes a whole lot of our stuff. And their government told their citizens that it's possible the US military unleashed this virus on china. i believe it’s in america’s best interests to respond to that myth. if you think it’s in our interests to let china accuse us without responding, that’s your right. i happen to disagree.

i don’t think it’s a good idea for chinese companies that make our medicine and medical equipment, to be told we did this to them.

But hey, thats just me. What a whacky notion that you not
let another superpower tell
the world we committed biological warfare when we didn’t.

Old 03-12-2020, 01:52 PM   #20
Jim in CT

Quote:
Your hypocrisy is amazing - crying about what Biden said to 1 person while saying nothing about Trump's constant lies and insults. TDS!
your lying is amazing. i always hold Trump accountable when he acts like a jerk. How can you possibly deny that with a straight face?
Old 03-12-2020, 01:55 PM   #21
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

I see Moscow Mitch and his band of arse kissers blocked the Democrats emergency bill to give workers 14 days of sick leave during this crisis, his desk is were bills go to die.
Old 03-12-2020, 01:55 PM   #22
PaulS

Quote:
your lying is amazing. i always hold Trump accountable when he acts like a jerk. How can you possibly deny that with a straight face?
Bull#^&#^&#^&#^& - you hold him accountable occasionally. That is all. You are all in on his lies and classlessness. That is on you.

He looked like a fool last night. Could hardly read. It was like one long run on sentence with a few gasps. I remember when the mouth breathers here use to make fun on Obama teleprompter.

Last edited by PaulS; 03-12-2020 at 02:01 PM..
Old 03-12-2020, 01:57 PM   #23
PaulS

Quote:
You used to be. lot more interesting and challenging to discuss these things with. Pete is rubbing off on you.

Then put me on ignore - no loss to me. I could care less what you think. As I said, I think you are an angry person.

Liberal this, liberal that.

I know your anger went up when you where no longer the one who posted the most here. And you even had the nerve to complain about how much he posted.
Old 03-12-2020, 02:15 PM   #24
PaulS

And I was just on a call where the question was asked if the major insurance companies were waiving copays for the coronavirus treatments like Trump claimed in his speech. The answer was absolutely not. They agreed to waive co-pays only for coronavirus testing, not treatments.

So he either lied again, was sloppy in writing the speech or can't read what is in front of him.

But hey, Obama once said he visited 57 states.
Old 03-12-2020, 02:16 PM   #25
Sea Dangles

Quote:

He was just telling us it would magically go away and it was a Dem. hoax.
As usual PaulS has managed to get this wrong. Trump did say it would eventually go away but never implied or actually used the term magic. This is simply a liberal interpretation. He also never called it a Democratic hoax. This is simply another liberal interpretation that intentionally missed the context of his statement. Nice try 🧁.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 03-12-2020, 02:21 PM   #26
Pete F.
Canceled

Unfortunately the coronavirus, doesn’t care what it’s called and, like all contagions, will continue to spread regardless of any jingoistic posturing.

But I suppose it is distracting from the facts on the ground in the fight against it.

Crises clarify. The bigger the crisis, the more the clarity, which is why the incompetence, dishonesty, and sheer callousness of the Trump Presidency have been clearer in recent days than ever before.

Trump has spent years devaluing and diminishing facts, experts, institutions, and science—the very things upon which we must rely in a crisis—and his default setting during the coronavirus outbreak has been to deny, delay, deflect, and diminish.

January 22:
Trump: “We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China. It’s going to be just fine.”

February 2:
Trump: “We pretty much shut it down coming in from China.”

February 10:
Trump: “A lot of people think that goes away in April with the heat—as the heat comes in.”

February 24:
Trump: “The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA. . . . Stock Market starting to look very good to me.”

February 27:
Trump: “It’s going to disappear one day, it’s like a miracle.”

February 28:
Eric Trump: “In my opinion, it’s a great time to buy stocks or into your 401k. I would be all in . . . let’s see if I’m right.”

March 2:
Trump on a coronavirus vaccine: “I’ve heard very quick numbers, that of months.” [Note: Immunologist Anthony Fauci, has repeatedly said that a vaccine will not be available for a year or 1 1/2 years]

March 6:
Trump: "Every one of these doctors said, ‘How do you know so much about this?’ Maybe I have a natural ability. Maybe I should have done that instead of running for president.”

Trump: “I didn’t know people died from the flu.”

Trump on whether or not to bring coronavirus patients on a cruise ship to shore: “I like the numbers being where they are.”

March 10:
Trump: “It will go away. Just stay calm. It will go away.”

March 11:

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 03-12-2020, 02:35 PM   #27
scottw

Quote:

As I said, I think you are an angry person.
you are no bundle of joy
Old 03-12-2020, 02:42 PM   #28
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post

Unfortunately the coronavirus
don't worry pete...you should be fairly safe in your padded cell
Old 03-12-2020, 02:43 PM   #29
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
I see Moscow Mitch and his band of arse kissers blocked the Democrats emergency bill to give workers 14 days of sick leave during this crisis, his desk is were bills go to die.
why? republicans were in favor
of this idea? is it because the emergency bill didn’t include a cut to payroll tax, which some
republicans want? bullsh*t to block.
Old 03-12-2020, 02:45 PM   #30
Jim in CT

Quote:
Then put me on ignore - no loss to me. I could care less what you think. As I said, I think you are an angry person.

Liberal this, liberal that.

I know your anger went up when you where no longer the one who posted the most here. And you even had the nerve to complain about how much he posted.
nice rant, but if you could get around to responding to what i write?

if china says our military did this, you think it’s wrong for the president to ( very brashly) respond?