Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 04-01-2018, 01:10 PM   #1
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DZ View Post
I can see his point somewhat. I sell my book on Amazon. They won't collect state sales tax and forward to state coffers. The states have been harping on them for a while. Other online sites like Airbnb, Uber, etc, have redesigned their programs to collect all taxes and forward to states.

I have been paying state sales tax on Amazon for a while - RI requires it

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 04-01-2018, 01:14 PM   #2
wdmso

the Postal Regulatory Commission, which oversees the industry, has found that the US Postal Service makes a profit from its contract with the company.

Friends of Mr Trump in the commercial property sector have also been urging him to protect them from digital retail giants as they see shopping malls closing and rents falling,

It is unprecedented for a sitting president to single out one company for such vicious attacks,

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-43606088
Old 04-01-2018, 01:22 PM   #3
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
Amazon collects state taxes on direct sales. For professional sellers they have a service where the seller can provide their state tax id and Amazon will apply proper state taxes as appropriate, but the seller has to sign up for it. This does make some sense, it's not Amazon's liability to ensure the state taxes are paid by a merchant they are simply a broker for.

I've read that about half of Amazon's purchases are not direct from the fulfillment centers but are through the marketplace. There could be a good argument here than Amazon is doing more to help small business gain a wider audience then they had previously. If anything put the hurt on local retail it's likely the big box stores in the 90's and 2000's.

And the USPS can't by law enter into a corporate agreement where they don't make a profit. Seems like all the shipping companies are using them these days to finish the delivery.

Not saying Amazon is perfect but it seems like POTUS is wrong on just about every facet of his argument. Why?

Oh yes, WaPo.
Old 04-02-2018, 07:27 AM   #4
DZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
That is good to know. On my seller statements it never shows that the buyer is paying the state sales tax to Amazon. Maybe it's buried in the Amazon fees.

DZ
Recreational Surfcaster
"Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your Limit"

Bi + Ne = SB 2

If you haven't heard of the Snowstorm Blitz of 1987 - you someday will.