Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Sports Talk - Title Town

Sports Talk - Title Town Sports Talk - Our Home for the 2004/2007 World Champion Red Sox, Super Bowl XXXVI, XXXVIII, XXXIX Champion Patriots! SEVENTEEN TIME NBA Champion Boston Celtics, 2011 winners of Lord Stanley's Cup Boston Bruins!!!

Old 01-26-2008, 06:50 AM   #1
BassDawg
Trophy Hunter Apprentice

Bulletin Board Schmorgashboard

Since this is an OFF week and, imo, the LONGEST 2 weeks on the Pro Sports Calendar, I thought I would offer some points of discussion to help us pass the time. Besides who can sleep when our NE Patriots are on the verge of PERFECTION, something so rare in these times of parity?

So, the quips and the quotes have been flying around out there like some farts in a tornado. Players from opposing teams just cain't seem to get away from how DIRTY our linemen are, on either side of the ball. Not disturbing, in and of itself, when we pause to consider who's doing the yammering and, perhaps, why?...................

Hardwick the Thick brick: poor, po, li'l Nick. somebody that got owned by an All Pro DL and isn't man enuff to say so. sounds like a look in the mirror is called for before saying such inane comments for the whole world to hear.

Umenyiora the Pile of Manure: verrry talented, bull strong, sneaky quick for his size, and young and dumb and full of numb ~mindnumbing naivete about what to say and not to say going into the biggest game of his young career.

It seems that these young, up and comers, denizens of the trenches are carping about after the whistle/into the break types of things that go on during an NFL scrum. They say CHEATING & DIRTY, I say

THOROUGH and INTENSE!

In both cases, the crowd noise would have been at its highest.

The former at The Razor, with Hardwick's team on offense and Seymour playing with the INTENSITY necessary to WIN Champeenships, can Richard be slighted for playing through the block? This is not your p-up game behind the Ladies Auxillary. Play until play stops, without "anticipating" the whistle.

In the latter complaint, it is also true that with the Pats on offense at The Meadowlands ~the noise would've been a factor regarding stoppage of play. Especially when one is away, it is very improtant to establish the line of scrimmage and to finish your assignments on the O-Line. Matt Light is fastly becoming one of the best at his position, currently w/out question, and may be the best of all time ~~if we can measure such a thing by..................I dunno, SB rings???

In conclusion, the irony of this whole Bulletin Board dynamics is this:

Most analysts agree that the Pats are the best coached and the smartest players in the Leauge at their individual positions. They have to be to fit within the Belichickian System, right?

If that is true and they are able to play to the best of their abilities, then all these mediots (nat'l. and ours included ~EEI, NECN, Herald and Globe) who subscribe to this, "Oops there they go giving the Patriots something else to hang on the 'Bulletin Board' again!" mantra are milking this angle for all its worth.

I believe that our players play the game, they play it smart, and they play it with extreme prejudice and zero tolerance for lack of effort. And they play TEAM Football better than 18 consecutive teams, this year. They will exploit yer weaknesses, psychologically/physically/level of proficiency, and do so with such intelligence and precision within the execution of their gameplan that as an opponent it must be difficult to admit that you got BEAT so BAD; so, by default, those dirty Patriots have to be cheating!! No one is that GOOD! No one can make "me" look this beat up! WAH, WAH, WAAAAAH!

That being said, do any of us really believe that Richard Seymour needs the comments of some AFC also-ran offensive lineman to "get-up" for the Super Bowl? Do youse guys think that Matt Light will prepare any differently for Osi Dosie and thier ensuing battle in the desert because he opened his gaping pie hole?

Our players are intelligent, seasoned, savvy veterans playing for a Dynasty and playing on a team of Destiny ~whose mettle will be tested next week, whose integrity needs no less scrutiny, whose intensity is without question, and whose competitive spirit Defines the Heart of a CHAMPION!!!

Last edited by BassDawg; 01-26-2008 at 07:21 AM..

"The first condition of happiness is that the connection
between man and nature shall not be broken."~~ Leo Tolstoy

Tight Lines, and
Happy Hunting to ALL!
BassDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 04:10 AM   #2
BassDawg
Trophy Hunter Apprentice

Good stuff, SK......

Don't know what Plax has been smokin' lately, and I'm sure he'll do well in the desert; but, #81, #18, #82, #10, & #84 are going to have the opportunity to play that day as well!! I really Love it when our players go into Patriots speak. Well said by both Harrison and Stallworth! This is gonna be FUGLY for the GEEEE-men !

"The first condition of happiness is that the connection
between man and nature shall not be broken."~~ Leo Tolstoy

Tight Lines, and
Happy Hunting to ALL!
BassDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 06:11 AM   #3
Raven

jubliation

when the patriots win the super bowl ... and are jumping around

k.o.w.

i'll have that captured moment as a poster on the wall... oh yeah
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote