Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Build Stuff: Custom Plug & Lure Building, Rod Building » Plug Building - Got Wood?

Plug Building - Got Wood? Got Plug?

Old 02-19-2012, 12:11 PM   #31
capesams
Really Old & Really Grumpy

Not to worry Bruce.....you won't have to walk away from me when you see me coming cause I'll be passing on this plugfest and any others in the future.

Best of luck guys an gals.

BOAT fish do count.
capesams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 12:21 PM   #32
Slipknot
Super Moderator

no worries here
no need to pass on it either
is it because of the selling? or something else?

BTW, I wouldn't walk away from you and I don't know why you feel that way
Slipknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 01:24 PM   #33
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo7 View Post
This being my first plugfest is there proper etiquette for trading or trying to buy plugs? I'm a newbie and do nice work but I'm not on the same par as a lot of the guys on this site, do I wait for someone to ask me to trade?
There is no selling. Trading is encouraged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipknot View Post
I think capesams forgot to add the sarcastic smilies to his post there,

You don't have to wait for someone to ask to trade with you, go ahead and ask if you see stuff you like.

Every year the subject of selling comes up it seems, either before, after or during plugfest. Sponsors of the site who speak to JohnR ahead of time should be the only ones selling stuff. This plugfest began as a lure building get together and has gained attendance ever since it began. In the beginning a few guys brought some supplies and stuff as a convenience, but the spirit of Plugfest was never to become a flea market free for all selling plugs, it's for trading and learning , conversing, eating and general having a good time with others that enjoy the hobby of making our own lures to fish with. I personally have not witnessed selling in or outside of plugfest, although it has gone on, I am not the plug police and can't enforce something like that. All I can do is ask that you do not sell or try to buy stuff unless it's a sponsor. Thanks for understanding. Plugfest is what you guys make it. If anyone else would like to make a thread next year explaining it all over again for new people, please feel free to.
What he said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by capesams View Post
Not to worry Bruce.....you won't have to walk away from me when you see me coming cause I'll be passing on this plugfest and any others in the future.

That would really suck Steve because your presence is wanted - always has been.

Unfortunately we can't run this as refined and precise with all of the cookie cutter things everyone wants and satisfy everyone. This is a shoestring effort with a few people primarily helping out. Would gladly wish to see others involved in making it better than complaining about it.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
JohnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 04:20 PM   #34
capesams
Really Old & Really Grumpy

John....as I stated in the above post..U'll all have a good day at the fest .

BOAT fish do count.
capesams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 04:43 PM   #35
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Well...hope you show. Always one of the old faces I look forward to seeing and catching up with. That's all I have to say.

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
nightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 04:44 PM   #36
ProfessorM
Uncle Remus

yeah but you are the only one old enough to be able to vote on best recreation of a classic plug.

"A beach is a place where a man can feel he's the only soul in the world that's real"
ProfessorM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 05:00 PM   #37
Chunkah

Quote:
Originally Posted by stripermaineiac View Post
He'll be the guy walkin around selling lathe bits an other high end home made jigs to us that have turned into lathe an plug junkies LOL
I've got a couple of his bits and the damn things won't die!

Chunkah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 07:58 AM   #38
Rockfish9

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfighter View Post
Turning Saturday. Drill and weight Sunday/Monday. Seal and dry Tuesday. Paint Thursday/Friday Start epoxy next weekend. In a perfect world.... Worried about what I will run out of in terms of hardware..... and when I'm going to realise it.
if ya run outta something.. i can help you out in a pinch.. more than likely I'll have anything you need and i dont live that far away..

A good run is better than a bad stand!
Rockfish9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 08:07 AM   #39
Rockfish9

Quote:
Originally Posted by capesams View Post

Dont do that to us....seeing you and talking to you is a big part of what it is all about.. you have forgotten more about plug building and plug history than most of us will EVER know... besides..... if ya come and bring the Old Goat with ya... he keeps the Mrs entertained...( I just have to keep one eye on him so don't kidnap her!)

Old 02-20-2012, 08:55 AM   #40
OLD GOAT
OLDGOAT7205963

Thanks a lot Joe.Gee whiz. I could never figure why the Mrs. would run away with her fingers in her ears.
We down Capers don't get up Cape much and tend to talk a little bit.
It's bad enough having to close our eyes crossing the big scary bridge,but then to not being allowed to yak a little bit. Gee whiz
OLD GOAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 09:13 AM   #41
Rockfish9

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD GOAT View Post
Thanks a lot Joe.Gee whiz. I could never figure why the Mrs. would run away with her fingers in her ears.
We down Capers don't get up Cape much and tend to talk a little bit.
It's bad enough having to close our eyes crossing the big scary bridge,but then to not being allowed to yak a little bit. Gee whiz
you know i speak in jest... there's two people she specificaly asked about and if they were going to attend.. you and Big fish Larry.. she took a shine to you guy's and enjoyed talking to both of you...