Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Sports Talk - Title Town

Sports Talk - Title Town Sports Talk - Our Home for the 2004/2007 World Champion Red Sox, Super Bowl XXXVI, XXXVIII, XXXIX Champion Patriots! SEVENTEEN TIME NBA Champion Boston Celtics, 2011 winners of Lord Stanley's Cup Boston Bruins!!!

Old 12-20-2007, 09:52 AM   #1
BassDawg
Trophy Hunter Apprentice

SQUISH tha fish Predictions............

Going back to the beginning,

as these seasons and domination types of things seem to have

circles inherent to their nature and the completion of them.

Soooooo, I like 38 - 10, in a snow event and

if it's just cold ~54 - 17, it's time to make a statement that will match those spewed out there by the likes of Shula and that hasbeen Mercury "put-down-the-crackpipe" Morris.

He's about to get a full heaping helping of STFU and SIT your self-promoting, self-righteous, and selfish azzzzz DOWN ~~~WITHOUT no stinkin'-arse champagne, either!!!

BTW, why doan you (Mercury) and Shula and the rest of yer "neighborhood" team go right out and by us The Kristal!! That's one way to try and redeem those idiotic comments you've made over the past month and restore some class to the '72 Dolphins, be a true gentleman and stop all these silly rants and posturing. Isn't it well past the time to coronate the New Dynasty and recognize yer superiors, old man?

"The first condition of happiness is that the connection
between man and nature shall not be broken."~~ Leo Tolstoy

Tight Lines, and
Happy Hunting to ALL!
BassDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 10:33 AM   #2
vineyardblues

The 1972 Dolphins reunited Sunday to celebrate the 35th anniversary of their accomplishment. Shula was there, Super Bowl ring on finger, saying he thought the Patriots were playing by the rules. He was careful not to repeat his earlier statement that a perfect season might be tainted by the spying controversy, and he said he would be the first to call Patriots coach Bill Belichick to congratulate him should his team finish 19-0.

The gathering gave the graying Dolphins plenty of opportunity to ponder the possibility of sharing history with the Patriots and to speculate on the tantalizing possibility that these Dolphins, who had not won a game since Dec. 10, 2006, might preserve their honor for at least one more year.

"This is not exactly a Dan Marino-led team that did this to the Bears in 1985," said Nick Buoniconti, a former Dolphins — and Boston Patriots — linebacker who was on the 1972 team. "Tom Brady would have to have appendicitis, and half the defense would have to have dysentery for them to lose. This is a great football team. The Dolphins are not even a good football team. The chance of them beating the Patriots is slim and none."

Indeed, the 1985 Dolphins were on their way to a 12-4 season and a loss in the American Football Conference championship game to the Patriots. The 2007 Dolphins are enduring a season memorable only for its futility.

They have been so ghastly that when asked about reports that the owner, Wayne Huizenga, was considering selling the team, Buoniconti said, "If I owned this team, I'd be depressed."

This is a team bereft of much talent, hammered by injuries and so bad that the first-year coach, Cam Cameron, may not keep his job. Jim Mandich, a tight end for the 1972 Dolphins and now a team broadcaster, said a victory over the Patriots would be the equivalent of Appalachian State beating Michigan.

A few of the 1972 players toast one another when the last undefeated team falls each season. They will not be on the sideline this time, and even their football descendants are not sure it is time to put the champagne on ice.

"It would be especially meaningful if anybody puts an end to it," Csonka said.

"To insinuate that the Dolphins," he added, pausing, "that's a pretty long stretch from where the Dolphins are right now."
vineyardblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 11:18 AM   #3
fishsmith
DDG-51

I wonder how much extra effort the fins players will give this game. I'm sure they must be thinking, Bill Parcells will be calling the shots from here on out, so nows the time to prove yourself to him.

That being said I predict a 48 - 6 Pats Win regardless of the weather.
fishsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 11:40 AM   #4
BassDawg
Trophy Hunter Apprentice

Thanks, VB!

I kinda figured that they weren't all as classless as Morris.

Nice to hear from Nick Buoniconti, I always respected his opinions on the original HBO "Inside the NFL". Can ya blame him for jumping ship once that phony Collinsworth came on board? What a stinking fraud!! Don't get it with all these producers of all these football shows stuffing THAT DOOFUSS down our throats, ad infinitum!!

"The first condition of happiness is that the connection
between man and nature shall not be broken."~~ Leo Tolstoy

Tight Lines, and
Happy Hunting to ALL!
BassDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 11:47 AM   #5
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Send a message via AIM to BigFish
Is Parcells going to Miami???

Almost time to get our fish on!!!
BigFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 11:51 AM   #6
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFish View Post
Thats the Word....VP of Operations ( I Think)...after, as usual, he screwed around with another team (The Falcons)

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
The Dad Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 02:43 PM   #7
Mike P
Jiggin' Leper Lawyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Thats the Word....VP of Operations ( I Think)...after, as usual, he screwed around with another team (The Falcons)
A handshake deal with Bill Parcells isn't even worth a cup of coffee

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.
Mike P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 03:21 PM   #8
Saltheart

I don't understand why the Dolphins feel they should toast champagne , etc . Whether the Patriots go undefeated or not , the Dolphins did it. It does not at all beliitle what they did just cause another team does it.

Undefeated means you took on all comers and won. That can never be changed. Nobody ever beat that Dolphin team and that doesn't change just because another team also took on all comers and could not be beaten. 16-0 or 19-0 makes no difference. The point of undefeated is that nobody could beat you.

Anyway , I hope the Pats do it this year because being able to say "nobody could beat us that year" is something they will all be proud of down the line , just like the Dolphins are now.

Oh , BTW , whether they go undefeated or not , these Patriots are the best team I've ever seen.

Saltheart
Custom Crafted Rods by Saltheart
Saltheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 06:03 PM   #9
fishaholic18
Finally

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFish View Post
Yup, signed for 4 years 2day.
Pats 28-Fins 3

F-18®
It IsWhat It Is

¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º >¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((( º>
fishaholic18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 08:32 PM   #10
chief10
Gone Dark

Pats 41-10

Brady 5 td passes

Last edited by chief10; 12-20-2007 at 08:40 PM.. Reason: peyton sux
chief10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 08:37 PM   #11
Slipknot
Super Moderator

I predict the Pats will win
Slipknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 09:00 PM   #12
afterhours
Afterhours Custom Plugs

he will help that team- plus wayne was toying with the idea of selling- parcells is a percieved asset....i think.

www.afterhoursplugs.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Afterh...428173?created

Instagram - afterhourscustom

Official S-B.com Sponsor

GAMEFISH NOW

"A GAMEFISH (WHICH STRIPED BASS SHOULD BE) IS TOO VALUABLE TO BE CAUGHT ONLY ONCE"...LEE WULFF
afterhours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 02:33 PM   #13
Rockfish9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike P View Post
A handshake deal with Bill Parcells isn't even worth a cup of coffee

you got that right....

supposed to rain like hell Sunday...If jason taylor doesnt play I think the pats score 30 in this one.... Fins get shut out...
Rockfish9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 03:31 PM   #14
Mike P
Jiggin' Leper Lawyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockfish9 View Post
you got that right....

supposed to rain like hell Sunday...If jason taylor doesnt play I think the pats score 30 in this one.... Fins get shut out...
After his second SB with the Giants, he #^&#^&#^&#^&ed around until April--until after every decent available coach was signed--and then "retired". leaving the Gians with a total train wreck named Ray Handley

He's #^&#^&#^&#^&ering with Leon Hess about taking the head job at the Jets the week he's supposed to be getting the Pats ready to play the Packers in the SB.

He decides to kick himself upstairs into the front office and tries to nominate Belichick for a job he doesn't want--being HC of the NYJ in Tuna's shadow, and with Tuna calling personnel shots.

The only thing he's done recently is make Jerry Jones look like an honorable man

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.
Old 12-21-2007, 06:33 PM   #15
Backbeach Jake

Quote:
After his second SB with the Giants, he #^&#^&#^&#^&ed around until April--until after every decent available coach was signed--and then "retired". leaving the Gians with a total train wreck named Ray Handley

He's #^&#^&#^&#^&ering with Leon Hess about taking the head job at the Jets the week he's supposed to be getting the Pats ready to play the Packers in the SB.

He decides to kick himself upstairs into the front office and tries to nominate Belichick for a job he doesn't want--being HC of the NYJ in Tuna's shadow, and with Tuna calling personnel shots.

The only thing he's done recently is make Jerry Jones look like an honorable man
Parcells is an ass. What has he won without BB? Didn't Belicheck pants the Tuna when the Jets announcement was to be made?

He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself.
Thomas Paine
Backbeach Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 08:36 PM   #16
chief10
Gone Dark

I thought that was the most selfish act I've ever seen from a professional coach ever
could have cared less about the super bowl
chief10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 07:11 AM   #17
ThomCat

Do you realize how many Dolphins are sacrificed in the pursuence of Tuna??????

Catch'em up,
ThomCat
ThomCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 09:07 AM   #18
Mike P
Jiggin' Leper Lawyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chief10 View Post

I thought that was the most selfish act I've ever seen from a professional coach ever
could have cared less about the super bowl
Were you around when Chuck Fairbanks announced he was leaving the Pats to take the head job at the U of Colorado a day or two before their first playoff game, back in the 70s?

That one topped Tuna. At least Parcells kept it quiet until after the SB.

Old 12-22-2007, 03:03 PM   #19
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
At least Parcells kept it quiet until after the SB.
Actually the press picked up on it a couple of days before the Superbowl......I remember sitting around wath the SB and bitching about it with my Bro-in-laws

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
The Dad Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote