Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Build Stuff: Custom Plug & Lure Building, Rod Building » Plug Building - Got Wood?

Plug Building - Got Wood? Got Plug?

Old 02-13-2015, 06:29 AM   #1
FyshhTrap
FyshhTrap

striper spinner baits

hi guys, I finally got some pics of my custom 1 1/2oz and giant 2 1/2oz. striper spinnerbaits on my profile! check 'em out! just click on my members pics albums under my join date or type in my name under search, click on the pics to en large and for description about them. I use these mainly for river fishing on the upper Hudson Albany ,N.Y. area we also have a good supply of tiger musky and very large Northern Pike. these I made with stripers in mind, color wise. Please send me your replys, I accept all yays and nays! These are BIG , made on .051gauge wire and built on 8/0 hooks, because they are so large, even if the wire does get bent, you can usually bend them back enough to where they still run true, I have done this a few times. On line" Booty Call Spinner baits" sold through Gander Mtn. sells these for 17.99 plus 4.99 ship. for a 2oz. lure, I make mine for around $7.44 per lure. 2 1/2oz. even cheaper for the 2oz. These lures will hold up to big fish! I love my top water plugs, and tins ,don't get it wrong, its just a different angle. Just added some pics of my jigs to the collection!!!

Last edited by FyshhTrap; 03-14-2015 at 03:09 PM..
FyshhTrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 05:51 AM   #2
O.D. Mike

I could see those spinner baits doing some damage on fluke, black sea bass and scup!!!

Thanks for sharing Steve!!!

Last edited by O.D. Mike; 02-17-2015 at 04:27 PM..

"Always two there are, no more, no less: a master and an apprentice." >> Yoda
O.D. Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 09:58 AM   #3
N.ShoreFisher
Annisquam Assassin

neat!

Calling fishing a hobby is like calling brain surgery a job. ~Paul Schullery

There he stands, draped in more equipment than a telephone lineman, trying to outwit an organism with a brain no bigger than a breadcrumb, and getting licked in the process. ~Paul O'Neil, 1965
N.ShoreFisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 10:36 PM   #4
Sundowner

got any inlines?
Sundowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 07:47 PM   #5
FyshhTrap
FyshhTrap

no in lines, but...

I"ve been trying to incorporate my big spinner baits for striper fishing, I do use the plugs myself,just trying something new on 'em, I've gotten mixed reviews, problem is the wire, big fish including stripers, musky,pike etc, bend wire, haven't made any inlines yet, seem simple enough. the wire on most spinner baits isn't heavy, mine are made on .051, Booty Call Spinnerbaits don't make 'em that heavy, and they only charge 17.99 per lure and 4.99 ship, that's 22.98 per lure, very reasonable if you want to mount the lure I guess. Lures break, get lost, s@!t happens, titanium is strong, but not bendable, they break! I should probably switch to wood! love this fishin'stuff!
FyshhTrap is offline   Reply With Quote