Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 05-22-2022, 09:02 PM   #31
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Pretty simple,

She did say Build Back Better

Either you're on the side of Ingraham/Putin/ Orban, or you're on the side of America. It's not complicated at this point.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Yes, she did say Build Back Better. So did Biden and Obama and other Dems before there was a Build Back Better bill. It was an often repeated SLOGAN of the Biden campaign, before he was even President. It was an agenda, a framework of promises his campaign made and repeatedly referred to it as "Build Back Better." When he took office, he began implementing some of his "Build Back Better" policies such as reversing some of Trump's tax cuts and spending on Progressive agenda's that helped fuel inflation. None of this had to do with Ingraham/Putin/Orban. It was all Biden and the Dems.

And it was part of his promised Build Back Better agenda--it was that "Build Back Better" spending Ingraham referred to, not the Build Back Better bill.

As you say, it's not complicated. No matter how much you hate Putin, and Orban, and try to attach Trump and now even the Republican Party to them.

It's not complicated. When you post a verbatim opinion from a leftist source and not attribute it nor use quotation marks, such as " Laura Ingraham Blames Build Back Better Agenda for Adding to National Debt – Even Though It Didn’t Pass", you often latch on to it without critical thinking and get exposed.
Old 05-23-2022, 03:51 AM   #32
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Yes, she did say Build Back Better. So did Biden and Obama and other Dems before there was a Build Back Better bill. It was an often repeated SLOGAN of the Biden campaign, before he was even President. It was an agenda, a framework of promises his campaign made and repeatedly referred to it as "Build Back Better." When he took office, he began implementing some of his "Build Back Better" policies such as reversing some of Trump's tax cuts and spending on Progressive agenda's that helped fuel inflation. None of this had to do with Ingraham/Putin/Orban. It was all Biden and the Dems.

And it was part of his promised Build Back Better agenda--it was that "Build Back Better" spending Ingraham referred to, not the Build Back Better bill.

As you say, it's not complicated. No matter how much you hate Putin, and Orban, and try to attach Trump and now even the Republican Party to them.

It's not complicated. When you post a verbatim opinion from a leftist source and not attribute it nor use quotation marks, such as " Laura Ingraham Blames Build Back Better Agenda for Adding to National Debt – Even Though It Didn’t Pass", you often latch on to it without critical thinking and get exposed.
Want to reduce inflation
Remove Trump tariffs
TFG trade agreements and actions are the root of many current issues

Trump's USMCA imposed high import tariffs (exceeding 15%) on baby formula imports, which consolidated the American market and severed international supply chains. Trump also gutted FDA and CBP, so simply relaxing tariffs would create a bottleneck at ports of entry.

As far as attaching to Orban and Putin, the Republican Party has done that all by themselves

Nothing says “America First” like CPAC meeting in Hungary.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 05-23-2022, 10:35 AM   #33
detbuch

Quote:
Want to reduce inflation
Remove Trump tariffs
TFG trade agreements and actions are the root of many current issues

Trump's USMCA imposed high import tariffs (exceeding 15%) on baby formula imports, which consolidated the American market and severed international supply chains. Trump also gutted FDA and CBP, so simply relaxing tariffs would create a bottleneck at ports of entry.

So I pointed out that Build Back Better was a campaign slogan and its promised policies are, were, under the rubric of that slogan, and that Biden's spending to which Ingraham alluded to as Build Back Better spending was accurately portrayed by her as such, and need not be characterized as her referring to the "bill" which has not been passed. No rebuttal?

As far as attaching to Orban and Putin, the Republican Party has done that all by themselves

To "attach" connotes loss of will and an exclusive adherence to something or someone. Having multiple relations denies an "attachment" to one. The Republcan Party is not "attached" to Putin and Orban. It is "attached" to those who elect it.

Nothing says “America First” like CPAC meeting in Hungary.
The conference hosts attendees and speakers from Europe, Australia, South Korea, Japan, and the U.S. Does that mean that the Republican Party is "attached" to Europe, Australia, South Korea, Japan, and the U.S.?

There is a common attachment to various "conservative" anti-Progressive values and policies that attendees have. Orban framed them in "country first" to which he included "America first" as example. Of course, they will be characterized as fascist, racist, far right, blah, blah, blah.

But there is a burgeoning global divide between "conservatism" and Progressivism. It is being politically fought in individual countries. The fight is being won, worldwide, by leftists, including Progressives, by taking control of the basic institutions of modern society--the Press, education, culture, even religion, especially the language. And the goal certainly appears to create a progressive, authoritarian global governance. "Conservatives" are, very late in coming to the game, realizing that they need more of a global reach and cooperation rather than being isolated within their own borders--in order to secure their borders and values. And they need to take back the influence over or "control" of the basic institutions that the left has taken

Unfortunately, it is sometimes true that the enemy of my enemy is my friend.
Old 05-23-2022, 10:55 AM   #34
Pete F.
Canceled

The Republican Party as usual is projecting while planning to throw out legally cast votes they disagree with, claiming that white replacement theory is now ok, now called great and necessary because they’re taking over so we have to for your own good.
Orban was a keynote speaker on how to control the media and the electorate.
Old 05-23-2022, 03:31 PM   #35
detbuch

Quote:
The Republican Party as usual is projecting while planning to throw out legally cast votes they disagree with, claiming that white replacement theory is now ok, now called great and necessary because they’re taking over so we have to for your own good.

This is pretty much propagandistic bull$hit.

Orban was a keynote speaker on how to control the media and the electorate.
How did he say the media and electorate were to be controlled? He did say that more shows like Tucker Carlsons were needed. And that conservatives needed their own media. As the left has their own media in mainstream legacy media, such as NY Times, CNN, etc. Gee, that sounds so fascistic to emulate what the Progressive left has done.

This would be a good time to say something that Orban said at the conference that doesn't fit the picture of some nefarious "attachment" to Putin. In the Ukraine war, he said that Russia is the aggressor, Ukraine is the victim. We condemn the aggressor and help the victim (Hungry has taken in nearly 600,000 Ukrainian war refugees). But this is just not Hungary's war to fight.

That's just, you know, a little balance to your propagandistically one sided selections.

Here is some further exploration of Orban's views other than those propagated by far left rags like "The Guardian":

Old 05-23-2022, 07:48 PM   #36
Pete F.
Canceled

Better watch it, those Jewish space lasers will get you
Old 05-23-2022, 11:13 PM   #37
detbuch

Quote:
Better watch it, those Jewish space lasers will get you
That's racist.
Old 05-24-2022, 07:28 AM   #38
Pete F.
Canceled

Americans reported the highest level of financial well-being last fall than at any point in almost a decade,
Remember, Biden’s approval rating has mechanically fallen because of the terrible economy and definitely not because the media keeps telling everyone the economy is bad
Old 05-24-2022, 02:10 PM   #39
detbuch

Quote:
Americans reported the highest level of financial well-being last fall than at any point in almost a decade,

Wow, last fall . . .

Remember, Biden’s approval rating has mechanically fallen because of the terrible economy and definitely not because the media keeps telling everyone the economy is bad
Pete seems to imply or insinuate that the media is fake news.
Old 05-25-2022, 08:00 PM   #40
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Pete seems to imply or insinuate that the media is fake news.
Remember that the same people telling us not to politicize the shooting this week, politicized the baby formula shortage last week.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 05-25-2022, 09:30 PM   #41
detbuch

Quote:
Remember that the same people telling us not to politicize the shooting this week, politicized the baby formula shortage last week.
I remember that you politicize every week.
Old 05-26-2022, 04:27 AM   #42
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
I remember that you politicize every week.
Small wonder, you do realize this is the political forum, not the Detbuch blue pontification forum

Lets Go Darwin
Old 05-26-2022, 09:44 AM   #43
detbuch

Quote:
Small wonder, you do realize this is the political forum, not the Detbuch blue pontification forum
Yeah, OK, so both parties, all politicians, and you politicize. But I do that godawful, divisive, destructive, pontification on politics in the political forum while you politicize on the political forum.

You do seem to be more of a politician than an objective analyst on the forum. Congrats.