Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 05-11-2022, 12:30 PM   #1
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
2000 Mules

No discussion.
What a shocker.

LETS GO BRANDON
Old 05-11-2022, 12:40 PM   #2
spence

Old 05-11-2022, 02:13 PM   #3
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Oh boy conspiracy theory movie, when is the trailer on, is it on Netflix or what? Amazing no court found any issue, Barr a bid time Trumper said is was a fair election, but a far right network has a movie to prove there were ballot stuffers.
Old 05-11-2022, 02:51 PM   #4
Jim in CT

Trump won in 2016, he lost in 2020. It's that simple.

Interesting that Biden's new press secretary, replacing Psaki, has said explicitly, that Trump stole the 2016 election from Hilary.

And Stacey Abrams said her loss was an election stolen from the GA voters.

Somehow, it's OK when democrats make baseless claims of fraud to explain a loss, but it's paranoid lunacy when Republicans do it. It's very convenient for the liberals, I'll say that.
Old 05-11-2022, 05:41 PM   #5
detbuch

Big Brother strikes again. YouTube removed the video.
Old 05-11-2022, 07:24 PM   #6
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
….and the brain trust here will cheer it on

Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 05-12-2022, 06:36 AM   #7
wdmso

2000 miles is all over newsmax it’s a true Believer’s safe space . And a good barometer of what’s next to show up in the main stream GOP

That’s where grooming got it’s start

And guess who started it Christopher Rufo,

The same guy who started the CRT outrage . Shocking

Who made 2000 mules Dinesh D'Souza's upset he’s not making money I’m sorry to say Tucker Carlson and his team specifically instructed Catherine Engelbrecht of True the Vote NOT to mention the movie..
Old 05-12-2022, 06:39 AM   #8
wdmso

Quote:
Go to rumble and pay for it like the rest of the true believers

Big brother had nothing to do with removing it . I am sure Dinesh D'Souza, lawyers however did
Old 05-12-2022, 06:45 AM   #9
Nebe

It should be called 2 million sheep
Old 05-12-2022, 06:48 AM   #10
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
It should be called 2 million sheep
Old 05-12-2022, 07:47 AM   #11
Nebe

Just look at Russia and how almost everyone in that country has been duped by their media into thinking Ukraine is full of nazis who were planning on invading Russia. It’s all about what “news” you want to pollute yourself with that will dictate how you think.
Old 05-12-2022, 08:06 AM   #12
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

You don’t see any irony in that statement, huh? Hmmm
Old 05-12-2022, 08:27 AM   #13
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
[QUOTE=Jim in CT;1226721]Trump won in 2016, he lost in 2020. It's that simple.

If you really believe a guy with Dimensia that campaigned from his basement, can barely put together 2 back to back coherent sentences unless he’s reading a teleprompter…… got 81 million votes (millions more than Obama)..
You’re as bad as these pathetic bastards that post in the political forum every single day.

LETS GO BRANDON
Old 05-12-2022, 08:57 AM   #14
Jim in CT

[QUOTE=Raider Ronnie;1226733]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Trump won in 2016, he lost in 2020. It's that simple.

If you really believe a guy with Dimensia that campaigned from his basement, can barely put together 2 back to back coherent sentences unless he’s reading a teleprompter…… got 81 million votes (millions more than Obama)..
You’re as bad as these pathetic bastards that post in the political forum every single day.
the guy with dementia (1) had the entire media except for foxnews, campaigning hard for him. And (2) he was running against Trump, who is by far the most obnoxious and boorish person who’s ever held the office. We also had a pandemic and race riots ( which trump could
have stopped if he wanted to, and should have in my opinion) leading up to the election.

I liked trump and voted for him. i don’t have trouble believing that a majority of voters were tired of his
antics

If he could have just toned down the vindictive insults. but he can’t.

no one voted “for” Biden. They voted against Trump. those are different things.

I loved his policies and his results, best president since Ike in my opinion if Roe gets overturned. . But he could not have done more to turn people off. that’s his fault.
Old 05-12-2022, 09:00 AM   #15
Pete F.
Canceled

I see that MAGA world after some early vacillation seems to have made up its mind it will follow Tucker Carlson/Glenn Greenwald to oppose US aid to Ukraine and favor a pro-Russia resolution of the invasion.
Old 05-12-2022, 11:42 AM   #16
wdmso

E Sen. Josh Hawley (R-Mo.) has introduced a bill making changes to U.S. copyright law, reducing the time large companies can hold copyright on, say, a cartoon mouse. Hawley’s news release does not conceal the target of his ire, calling it a “bill to strip woke corporations like Disney of special copyright protections.”

It’s all Republicans got culture war nonsense

No health care no ideas on inflation

But they are going to show Mickey how real Rats operate..
Old 05-12-2022, 11:43 AM   #17
wdmso

[QUOTE=Jim in CT;1226734]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie View Post

the guy with dementia (1) had the entire media except for foxnews, campaigning hard for him. And (2) he was running against Trump, who is by far the most obnoxious and boorish person who’s ever held the office. We also had a pandemic and race riots ( which trump could
have stopped if he wanted to, and should have in my opinion) leading up to the election.

I liked trump and voted for him. i don’t have trouble believing that a majority of voters were tired of his
antics

I loved his policies and his results, best president since Ike in my opinion if Roe gets overturned. . But he could not have done more to turn people off. that’s his fault.
Deleted

Old 05-12-2022, 12:07 PM   #18
Pete F.
Canceled

[QUOTE=Jim in CT;1226734]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie View Post

antics

Joe Biden: “Under my predecessor — the great MAGA king — the deficit increased every year that he was president.”

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 05-12-2022, 12:35 PM   #19
Jim in CT

[QUOTE=Pete F.;1226740]
Quote:

Joe Biden: “Under my predecessor — the great MAGA king — the deficit increased every year that he was president.”
also joe biden: “ i will take responsibility, and not blame others.”

Also Biden : “I will be a unifier, not a divider.”.

when you cannot point to any real policy successes, you demonize the opposition. Bidens polling reveals what america thinks of that strategy.

covid struck during the tenure of bidens predecessor, he forgot to mention that was obviously a huge part of driving up deficits. though it’s fair to say trump spent way too much.

Biden blanes covid for inflation and gas prices, but won’t say covid was a driver of deficits during the trump years.

Biden can use covid as an excuse for every bad thing on his watch, but Trump can’t. Sounds fair.
Old 05-12-2022, 10:56 PM   #20
Pete F.
Canceled

Silly, the MAGA King was elected in 2016
Covid-19 started in……
Old 05-13-2022, 05:15 AM   #21
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Silly, the MAGA King was elected in 2016
Covid-19 started in……
in very early 2020, when trump was potus. you’re saying it was his fault that covid came to america?

All righteee... If a president owns everything that happens on his watch, let's look at what Biden owns...once-in-40-year inflation, surging crime, all time high gas prices, surging border crossings, record high drug overdose deaths, lack of baby formula, Russia on the march, a whole lot of his own covid deaths, shrinking GDP, bear markets on wall street...did I miss anything?

mags king isn’t going to win the independents when gas is $4.50 , and chicken costs what steak used to cost and moms literally can’t get baby formula, and our adversaries obviously emboldened like Russia. Crime soaring, illegal crossings soaring ( not going to help the democrats in AZ).

But saying “maga king” is a good strategy in the face of all that. Stick with that. That'll work in November.

Look at what polling is saying Hispanics are thinking. If that polling is within 10 points of being correct (and maybe it's not, it's hard to believe), it’s all over for your side. Done. Caput. Sayanora. I would add vaya con dios, but your side hates God so I'll spare you that insult...

Last edited by Jim in CT; 05-13-2022 at 06:37 AM..
Old 05-13-2022, 06:37 AM   #22
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
in very early 2020, when trump
was potus. you’re saying it was his fault that covid came to america?

You feeling ok?

mags king isn’t going to win the independents when gas is $4.50 , and chicken costs what steak used to cost and moms literally can’t get baby formula, and our adversaries obviously emboldened like Russia. Crime soaring, illegal crossings soaring ( not going to help the democrats in AZ).

oh, and the S&P500 is a cats whisker away from being down 20%, which is official bear market territory. the one thing he had going for him, is now also collapsing.

But saying “maga king” is a good strategy in the face of all that. Stick with that.

Look at what polling is saying Hispanics are thinking. If that polling is within 10 points of being correct, it’s all over.
As others have posted voters, or at least those without the ability to really think through cause and affect, take the easy way out and blame the sitting president (red or blue). Thinking Biden caused high gas prices, supply shortages and the resulting inflation is taking the easy way out.

The United States has done a good job of distancing ourselves from Russia’s oil industry, even though Russia is the second-largest oil producer in the world. Russia accounts for just 7 percent of total US Oil Imports, meaning we are far less dependent on the Kremlin for oil than other countries.

However, the price of oil is determined by international factors, and because other countries are more heavily dependent on Russian oil than the U.S. is, any cutbacks in the use of Russian oil elsewhere can reduce global supplies, pushing prices higher for Americans.

Want to blame someone for really f*cking the global economy after it was just starting to get out from under the devastating impact of Covid, blame the guy Trump loves his man crush Putin. Don’t forget the corporation’s that the right has always wanted to reward with tax breaks, they all are seeing epic profits throughout this.
Old 05-13-2022, 07:27 AM   #23
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
As others have posted voters, or at least those without the ability to really think through cause and affect, take the easy way out and blame the sitting president (red or blue). Thinking Biden caused high gas prices, supply shortages and the resulting inflation is taking the easy way out.

The United States has done a good job of distancing ourselves from Russia’s oil industry, even though Russia is the second-largest oil producer in the world. Russia accounts for just 7 percent of total US Oil Imports, meaning we are far less dependent on the Kremlin for oil than other countries.

However, the price of oil is determined by international factors, and because other countries are more heavily dependent on Russian oil than the U.S. is, any cutbacks in the use of Russian oil elsewhere can reduce global supplies, pushing prices higher for Americans.

Want to blame someone for really f*cking the global economy after it was just starting to get out from under the devastating impact of Covid, blame the guy Trump loves his man crush Putin. Don’t forget the corporation’s that the right has always wanted to reward with tax breaks, they all are seeing epic profits throughout this.
"As others have posted voters, or at least those without the ability to really think through cause and affect, take the easy way out"

I 100% agree. And we can out Pete solidly in that category.

"Thinking Biden caused high gas prices, supply shortages and the resulting inflation is taking the easy way out."

I'd say he contributed to some of those things, he's not the sole cause, but he did things that made it worse. Pumping trillions and trillions into the economy, especially when supplies are low, is going to cause inflation. Trump also spent like a lunatic and caused some of it.

"the price of oil is determined by international factors"

I'm no expert on that by ANY means, but it's also based on speculation of future supply. Having a US president that's perceived as likely to cut US production, is likely to lead to higher prices.

"blame the guy Trump loves his man crush Putin."

That argument is destroyed by considering the very simple fact that inflation started shooting up before Russia invaded. Putin is certainly making it worse, but he's not the root cause of large-scale inflation.

"Don’t forget the corporation’s that the right has always wanted to reward with tax breaks, they all are seeing epic profits throughout this":

(1) corporations making profits, is a lot better for regular Americans, than the alternative.

(2) those record profits were meaningfully helped by Trump and Biden handing out covid relief checks, in MANY cases to people who weren't impacted by covid at all. If you give every single regular family close to $10,000 in free money over the course of a couple of covid relief bills, why would you be surprised that corporations are making big profits? People are going to spend that money.

So as I look at your post, it appears you seem to be saying that zero blame lies with the democrats, and all the blame lies with entities on the right.

It's not that simple.

Almost every barometer that you'd use to judge how the US is doing, is meaningfully worse than it was when Biden took over. Not nearly all of that is his fault, but he's not blameless either. Not by a long shot.

Making people afraid of MAGA isn't going to help the left in the midterms, that's just going to energize the right. The people who think that's great, are already voting for democrats.

Focusing on Roe might well help the left in the midterms. That was a political gift to the left.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 05-13-2022 at 07:47 AM..
Old 05-13-2022, 07:51 AM   #24
Pete F.
Canceled

Russia is emboldened???????
The Trump is strong in you
As the US sends more weapons to Ukraine, remember that Trump illegally withheld Javelin missiles from Ukraine and every Republican in Congress except Mitt Romney gave him a pass for it.

The aid we are spending on Ukraine is a pittance compared with what we would have to spend if Russia succeeded in Ukraine and further threatened the freedom of the West and the peace of the world.

Trump’s presidency saw the debt surpass 100% of the economy, even though he came into office with a healthy economy, declining interest rates, and relative peace after 15 years of global military conflict.

Trump left the White House with the largest peacetime budget deficit in American history and a national debt exceeding 100% of the economy for the first time since World War II.

It wasn't just Covid

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 05-13-2022, 01:01 PM   #25
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Russia is emboldened???????
The Trump is strong in you
As the US sends more weapons to Ukraine, remember that Trump illegally withheld Javelin missiles from Ukraine and every Republican in Congress except Mitt Romney gave him a pass for it.

The aid we are spending on Ukraine is a pittance compared with what we would have to spend if Russia succeeded in Ukraine and further threatened the freedom of the West and the peace of the world.

Trump’s presidency saw the debt surpass 100% of the economy, even though he came into office with a healthy economy, declining interest rates, and relative peace after 15 years of global military conflict.

Trump left the White House with the largest peacetime budget deficit in American history and a national debt exceeding 100% of the economy for the first time since World War II.

It wasn't just Covid
Russia felt emboldened enough to invade. Interesting that they waited until Pudding Brain was in office, top feel sufficiently emboldened to do do. I wonder why they didn't do it when Putins lap dog was POTUS? Presumably Trump wouldn't have been as hard on Russia, so why didnt they do it then?
Old 05-13-2022, 01:31 PM   #26
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Russia felt emboldened enough to invade. Interesting that they waited until Pudding Brain was in office, top feel sufficiently emboldened to do do. I wonder why they didn't do it when Putins lap dog was POTUS? Presumably Trump wouldn't have been as hard on Russia, so why didnt they do it then?
Just think what would have happened if on his re-election Putin’s lap dog had withdrawn from NATO.

Wonder what they discussed in Helsinki?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 05-13-2022, 04:21 PM   #27
spence

Quote:
This isn’t rocket science Jim. Insiders were saying Trump wanted to pull out of NATO in his second term. Why stir the pot when you’re getting what you want?
Old 05-13-2022, 04:25 PM   #28
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
This isn’t rocket science Jim. Insiders were saying Trump wanted to pull out of NATO in his second term. Why stir the pot when you’re getting what you want?
oh, well if the insiders were saying it…
Old 05-13-2022, 06:00 PM   #29
detbuch

Quote:
oh, well if the insiders were saying it…
Trump repeated many times that NATO was important. And the only reason that he would consider pulling out was if NATO members didn't pull their specified financial weight. His criticism of NATO in that respect actually bore fruit, so would have negated any desire he may have had to pull out.

But, yeah, "insiders" (all insiders?--seems there were many "insiders" that weren't saying that) have regularly been so good at telling us the truth--not. And wily Putin would have known that if Trump was his puppet, the time to invade was while Trump was still President. There was no guarantee that he would be re-elected. With the economy down, Covid up, Trump's approval ratings not good and going down, it would appear that the time to invade, if Trump was Putin's puppet, was while he still had the puppet in his pocket.

But all this "puppet" nonsense is baseless, unproven conjecture--so must be backed up with more conjecture parading as "facts" such as "what insiders were saying." That's how the game is played. And then if you don't believe the conjectures, you're sowing distrust in media and government. Can't have that. Maintain the trust! Censor the disbelievers of official conjecture. Yeah, that'll do it.
Old 05-13-2022, 08:24 PM   #30
Jim in CT

Quote:
Trump repeated many times that NATO was important. And the only reason that he would consider pulling out was if NATO members didn't pull their specified financial weight. His criticism of NATO in that respect actually bore fruit, so would have negated any desire he may have had to pull out.

But, yeah, "insiders" (all insiders?--seems there were many "insiders" that weren't saying that) have regularly been so good at telling us the truth--not. And wily Putin would have known that if Trump was his puppet, the time to invade was while Trump was still President. There was no guarantee that he would be re-elected. With the economy down, Covid up, Trump's approval ratings not good and going down, it would appear that the time to invade, if Trump was Putin's puppet, was while he still had the puppet in his pocket.

But all this "puppet" nonsense is baseless, unproven conjecture--so must be backed up with more conjecture parading as "facts" such as "what insiders were saying." That's how the game is played. And then if you don't believe the conjectures, you're sowing distrust in media and government. Can't have that. Maintain the trust! Censor the disbelievers of official conjecture. Yeah, that'll do it.
like saying he refused to disavow white supremacists, when he’s on tape disavowing white supremacists 10 times.

everything he does is wrong. doesn’t matter what it is.