Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 12-02-2022, 11:16 AM   #91
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
every profession has issues w/abuse. The reason people have a huge problem with churches is that they hid it and claim to represent a higher authority and morals.

I am not Catholic (but am Christian) and while required to take religion class was never made to feel "less than" anyone in class. We all had to lead a prayer when it was our turn (can't remember if it was the beginning of the day or in religious class??) and I would either say the lord's prayer or give thanks for different things, etc. like I would do at a Thanksgiving meal.
Agreed the church problem was twofold, the actual abuse (obviously) and also covering it up. No question those are both massive scandals which the church has to answer for. Did other religions, and other professions, NOT cover it up in the 1960s and 1970s like the Catholic church did? I don't know.

I'm glad you never felt ostracized for not being Catholic, while at catholic school. My son's school (ST Paul in Bristol) has a diverse group of students, including kids from the LGBTQ community.

Did you know that George Logan, who ran unsuccessfully for Congress in Connecticut's 5th congressional district, went to ND? Class of 1987. My brother is friendly with him.
Old 12-02-2022, 11:35 AM   #92
wdmso

Florida, DeSantis yank billions in investments from 'woke' BlackRock over ESG investing

ESG analysis has become an increasingly important part of the investment process. For investment professionals, a key motivation in the practice of considering environmental, social, and governance (ESG) issues as part of their financial analysis is to gain a fuller understanding of the companies in which they invest.

Ron playing the woke card hard for hi 2024 run and his need to out Trump Trump to woo the far right primary voters

and of course other Red states have jumped on the bandwagon fighting a mythic battle with Taxpayers money and retirement funds LOL

Texas Fought Against ESG. Here’s What It Cost analyzed data from the first eight months of the law and estimated that Texas cities will pay an additional $303 million to $532 million in interest on $32 billion in bonds.
https://knowledge.wharton.upenn.edu/...-what-it-cost/

Last edited by wdmso; 12-02-2022 at 11:41 AM..
Old 12-02-2022, 12:59 PM   #93
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
because there are are zero recorded instances of public school teachers abusing children. literally zero. in fact,,.there’s data to suggest kids are at much greater risk from teachers in public school than at risk to abuse by priests.

https://go2tutors.com/teachers-more-likely-abuse-kids/
Would your kids even tell you if they’d been abused?

In public education they are very aware of child abuse and have strong programs regarding it.

In the Catholic Church/school world just whom among the many clergy administrators decides how to cover it up this time?

Earlier this year, the Southern Baptist Convention acknowledged they spent years protecting over 700 ministers and church workers who were credibly accused of sexual abuse. I’m sure they found them all, didn’t they?

2nd largest Christian denomination in the U.S—and nobody is discussing it.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-02-2022, 01:30 PM   #94
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
In public education they are very aware of child abuse and have strong programs regarding it.

Well if you say so, that's good enough for me!! Youve never been caught fabricating ANYTING.
Old 12-02-2022, 04:28 PM   #95
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Well if you say so, that's good enough for me!! Youve never been caught fabricating ANYTING.
Poor victim
Never mind the continual half truths you post and believe

What was the reason you claim to have gotten out of education?

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-02-2022, 04:49 PM   #96
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Poor victim
Never mind the continual half truths you post and believe

What was the reason you claim to have gotten out of education?
You have a very interesting take on what it means to be a victim Pete.

"What was the reason you claim to have gotten out of education?"

"Claim"?

Loved the kids, despised the effect of the union, didn't much care for the parents, who in the city I taught were mostly irresponsible deadbeats. And if I'm being honest, money was part of the reason. I'd love to teach math at a tiny catholic school after my kids are out of college though. A place where I could just teach and not spend half my time being a disciplinarian/social worker.
Old 12-02-2022, 10:26 PM   #97
wdmso

Former president Donald Trump expressed solidarity with the mob that attacked the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, sending a video of support to a fundraising event Thursday night hosted by a group called the Patriot Freedom Project that is supporting families of those being prosecuted by the government.

But Jim’s upset about teachers and their union who the real threat towards His and Trumps and his supporters vision of America
Old 12-03-2022, 07:53 AM   #98
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

When the GOP runs without an agenda, when the GOP runs unqualified extreme candidates, when the GOP can’t surf the expected red wave and their savior is having lunch with anti semitics and white supremacy leaders; while they completely underestimate how effective the Biden administration has been I wonder what their plan is for 24.

Jim and Faux News will of course set their course and have the answers. America first and praise for the likes of Putin and Hilter will serve them well with the Trump base, but most Americans I think aren’t to happy with the GOP party, they just don’t represent the majority of this country, but they have always been the party of minority rule.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2DEAE6A7-251D-442D-9626-F1014199C2C0.jpeg
Views:	45
Size:	598.7 KB
ID:	69346  
Old 12-03-2022, 11:27 AM   #99
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
When the GOP runs without an agenda, when the GOP runs unqualified extreme candidates, when the GOP can’t surf the expected red wave and their savior is having lunch with anti semitics and white supremacy leaders; while they completely underestimate how effective the Biden administration has been I wonder what their plan is for 24.

Jim and Faux News will of course set their course and have the answers. America first and praise for the likes of Putin and Hilter will serve them well with the Trump base, but most Americans I think aren’t to happy with the GOP party, they just don’t represent the majority of this country, but they have always been the party of minority rule.
Unless it’s tax cuts the GOP calls any legislation bad ..

Seeing the haven’t passed or I should say had many bills signed by Republican presidents

But all bill are not created equal
Old 12-03-2022, 11:38 AM   #100
Jim in CT

Quote:
Jim and Faux News will of course set their course and have the answers. America first and praise for the likes of Putin and Hilter will serve them well with the Trump base, but most Americans I think aren’t to happy with the GOP party, they just don’t represent the majority of this country, but they have always been the party of minority.
Hitler? yes that’s me, i’m a nazi sympathizer, me who’s mom has the maiden name “Greenspun.”. bob, when you go to deranged dishonest extremes, you’re carrying a sign that says “i can’t respond to what he’s saying, so i’m going to make up gibberish and pretend he said things he never came close to saying.”

if the gop is a fringe party ( out of touch with a majority of americans) PLEASE explain why the gop has a healthy majority of state governorships and state legislatures. and has for years.

Please explain that. I’ll wait.
Old 12-03-2022, 11:44 AM   #101
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Hitler? yes that’s me, i’m a nazi sympathizer, me who’s mom has the maiden name “Greenspun.”. bob, when you go to deranged dishonest extremes, you’re carrying a sign that says “i can’t respond to what he’s saying, so i’m going to make up gibberish and pretend he said things he never came close to saying.”

if the gop is a fringe party ( out of touch with a majority of americans) PLEASE explain why the gop has a healthy majority of state governorships and state legislatures. and has for years.

Please explain that. I’ll wait.
I'm responding to the thread and I'm pretty sure Trump is a 24 candidate, so go unravel your panties and take a breath.
Old 12-03-2022, 11:50 AM   #102
Jim in CT

Quote:
I'm responding to the thread and I'm pretty sure Trump is a 24 candidate, so go unravel your panties and take a breath.
you responded dishonestly to the thread. The gop are nazi sympathizers? again, that’s what one says when one knows that can’t around to the actual issues.

https://www.quorum.us/data-driven-in...slatures-blog/
Old 12-03-2022, 12:11 PM   #103
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
you responded dishonestly to the thread. The gop are nazi sympathizers? again, that’s what one says when one knows that can’t around to the actual issues.

https://www.quorum.us/data-driven-in...slatures-blog/
Jim no news on your TV other than Faux News channel, so I guess you missed the fact Trump's (yeah 24 candidate) recent lunch guess was just booted from Twitter for saying “I like Hitler,” “I love Jewish people, but I also love Nazis,” and, “I see good things about Hitler".

Panties are tight Jim they are cutting off blood flow to your brain.
Old 12-03-2022, 12:23 PM   #104
Jim in CT

Quote:
Jim no news on your TV other than Faux News channel, so I guess you missed the fact Trump's (yeah 24 candidate) recent lunch guess was just booted from Twitter for saying “I like Hitler,” “I love Jewish people, but I also love Nazis,” and, “I see good things about Hitler".

Panties are tight Jim they are cutting off blood flow to your brain.
i watch CNN and MSNBC as much as i watch fox.

trumps lunch guest admitted Trump didnt appear to know who he was. Kanye west asked trump if this guy could join he and trump, trump said yes. he didn’t have any way to do a background check on the guy on the spot. As far as i know, there’s no evidence that trump knew who the guy was. no one had heard of this guy until this broke. he wasn’t well know.

Doesnt trump have enough actual, irrefutable flaws to satisfy you? why do you have to make stuff up?

seems like you got distorted information from your news source on this one. but i’m the idiot for watching fox.

al sharpton was invited to obama’s white house dozens and dozens of times. that’s public information. He’s a rabid racist and liar who has caused people to die at his rallies. . But that’s ok! Right?
Old 12-03-2022, 01:05 PM   #105
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
i watch CNN and MSNBC as much as i watch fox.

trumps lunch guest admitted Trump didnt appear to know who he was. Kanye west asked trump if this guy could join he and trump, trump said yes. he didn’t have any way to do a background check on the guy on the spot. As far as i know, there’s no evidence that trump knew who the guy was. no one had heard of this guy until this broke. he wasn’t well know.

Doesnt trump have enough actual, irrefutable flaws to satisfy you? why do you have to make stuff up?

seems like you got distorted information from your news source on this one. but i’m the idiot for watching fox.

al sharpton was invited to obama’s white house dozens and dozens of times. that’s public information. He’s a rabid racist and liar who has caused people to die at his rallies. . But that’s ok! Right?
Well for starters, those Hitler comments were from West, who Trump knows very well and so what Trump looses in 2020 and he magically becomes an ordinary citizen who can sit down with anyone who might heap praise on him? Trump is well aware, or at least he should be as a candidate for 2024, optics of everything you do will be used against you. Well maybe his defense is he is a fing idiot.
Old 12-03-2022, 01:13 PM   #106
Jim in CT

Quote:
Well for starters, those Hitler comments were from West, who Trump knows very well and so what Trump looses in 2020 and he magically becomes an ordinary citizen who can sit down with anyone who might heap praise on him? Trump is well aware, or at least he should be as a candidate for 2024, optics of everything you do will be used against you. Well maybe his defense is he is a fing idiot.
if trump is personally responsible for every word spoken by every person he knows, fine. Apply that same standard to biden who has a long close history with al sharpton. .

trump “should be” well aware of the personal beliefs of every single person he meets? he shouldn’t sit down with anyone he hasn’t done a background check on?

fine. explain why every democrat presidential
candidate in the last 25 years has missed al sharptons ring. and explain why that’s not a problem
for you.

answer: but trump!!!
Old 12-03-2022, 01:16 PM   #107
Jim in CT

bob i can’t attach pics with my phone. but you can google pics of biden being chummy with Al Sharpton, Harvey Weinstein, etc. how many would
it take before your day there’s a problem there?
Old 12-04-2022, 09:52 AM   #108
wdmso

Trump wants to suspend the constitution and reinstate him to power and Maga cowards support him

but but Hunters laptop
Old 12-04-2022, 09:58 AM   #109
wdmso

Quote:
bob i can’t attach pics with my phone. but you can google pics of biden being chummy with Al Sharpton, Harvey Weinstein, etc. how many would
it take before your day there’s a problem there?
Six days after sexual harassment allegations were originally made against Harvey Weinstein, former Vice President Joe Biden expressed his disgust with the Hollywood executive and Democratic megadonor.

Since photos equal guilt
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	997AE22A-D471-4CBE-86F4-81EC600B7E95.jpeg
Views:	43
Size:	145.5 KB
ID:	69347  
Old 12-06-2022, 03:27 PM   #110
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Trump wants to suspend the constitution and reinstate him to power and Maga cowards support him

but but Hunters laptop
Funny video:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...ea75e6d260c2e5
Old 12-06-2022, 03:51 PM   #111
wdmso

Biden to visit another semiconductor plant to celebrate the CHIPS Act

In the four months since he signed the Chips and Science Act of 2022 into law, President Biden has made a habit of visiting semiconductor plants — or plants to be — to tout the effects of the law.

Recent stops have included the groundbreaking of an Intel (INTC) facility in Ohio and a Micron (MU) plant in upstate New York. On Tuesday, the Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company (TSMC) will host the president as it unveils an upgrade of its capabilities in Phoenix and announce plans to build a second facility nearby.

Foxconn mostly abandons $10 billion Wisconsin project touted by Trump
PUBLISHED WED, APR 21 20215:46 AM EDTUPDATED TUE, SEP 13 20227:00 PM E

Another example of hot air VS actual legislation
Old 12-07-2022, 07:02 AM   #112
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

The last Trump backed and wacky under qualified GOP candidate is shown the door and now Manchin can’t hold legislation hostage.
Old 12-21-2022, 08:37 AM   #113
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

WHAT Trump wasn't being audited? I'm curious RR, Jim, Scott and the entire MAGA universe; how do you feel when a guy making millions pays $750 two years and $0 a third? Are there that many Americans so stupid they can't see this guy for what he is, I still see the Trump 2024 stickers on Trucks and the gullible keep sending him money. Millions in supposed charitable donations, without one piece of documentation and one IRS agent only assigned to his account; any doubt why the budget for the IRS needed to be increased.
Old 12-21-2022, 08:59 AM   #114
wdmso

Quote:
WHAT Trump wasn't being audited? I'm curious RR, Jim, Scott and the entire MAGA universe; how do you feel when a guy making millions pays $750 two years and $0 a third? Are there that many Americans so stupid they can't see this guy for what he is, I still see the Trump 2024 stickers on Trucks and the gullible keep sending him money. Millions in supposed charitable donations, without one piece of documentation and one IRS agent only assigned to his account; any doubt why the budget for the IRS needed to be increased.

the gop is selling the mythical 87 thousand IRS agents as Democrats going after regular Americans …

But also selling Jan 6th never happened and Trumps been framed

Yet they refuse to condemn tax fraud and remain silent on Trumps and other’s failures to pay taxes . By suggesting it’s not illegal so STFU.
Old 12-21-2022, 10:05 AM   #115
wdmso

funny just read the GOP is once again running to the defence of trump Using the excuse of some how it risks the privacy of of every american calling it a political new weapon! really Bidens Tax returns are out there in the open Even Hunters Are

But Republicans want us to believe seeing Trump's Tax returns is a New Political weapon... I guess wanting transparency on people's business ties and loans owned suddenly isn't a national security priority to the GOP ..

to give an example If you want a security clearance at any level. In the us government Just the Amount of Debt you have is Huge in considering if you get a clearance or you don't... but the POTUS who has access to all our secrets the GOP say Nah we dont need to know who he owes or were he gets his loans

"Ways and Means Democrats are unleashing a dangerous new political weapon that reaches far beyond President Trump, and jeopardizes the privacy of every American," Brady said in a statement last week. "Going forward, partisans in Congress have nearly unlimited power to target political enemies by obtaining and making public their private tax returns to embarrass and destroy them."

Brady added that releasing confidential records wouldn't be limited to public officials, but potentially private citizens, businesses, labor leaders and even Supreme Court justices.

Yep all conspiracy theorists

Last edited by wdmso; 12-21-2022 at 01:51 PM..
Old 12-21-2022, 12:37 PM   #116
PaulS

Quote:
WHAT Trump wasn't being audited?
You must me wrong. He told us hundreds of times he couldn't release his taxes bc he was being audited?
Old 12-21-2022, 06:34 PM   #117
Jim in CT

Quote:
"how do you feel when a guy making millions pays $750 two years and $0 a third? "

Here's how I feel. If he obeyed the law, big whoop. If he broke the law, arrest him.

The democrats controlled the show for the last 2 years. If they wanted to change the tax code, why didn't they?

" still see the Trump 2024 stickers on Trucks and the gullible keep sending him money. Millions in supposed charitable donations, without one piece of documentation and one IRS agent only assigned to his account; any doubt why the budget for the IRS needed to be increased"

You're too stupid to see it. Nobody gives him money because they think he's a swell guy. The give him money, because unlike you, they're rational and honest enough to remember that life for most Americans was easier under Trump than it was under Obama, and easier than it is now.

GS, if you worked for a huge company, would you rather have a CEO who was awesome at his job but a pr*ck in his personal life, or a nice guy who couldn't get anything right?

I'm old enough to remember the Bill Clinton years, when the left said to ignore the personal behavior, and focus on public policy. That made sense to me then, it makes sense to me now.

The left only care about ethics when there an immoral republican in the spotlight.
Old 12-21-2022, 06:51 PM   #118
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
"how do you feel when a guy making millions pays $750 two years and $0 a third? "

Here's how I feel. If he obeyed the law, big whoop. If he broke the law, arrest him.

The democrats controlled the show for the last 2 years. If they wanted to change the tax code, why didn't they?

" still see the Trump 2024 stickers on Trucks and the gullible keep sending him money. Millions in supposed charitable donations, without one piece of documentation and one IRS agent only assigned to his account; any doubt why the budget for the IRS needed to be increased"

You're too stupid to see it. Nobody gives him money because they think he's a swell guy. The give him money, because unlike you, they're rational and honest enough to remember that life for most Americans was easier under Trump than it was under Obama, and easier than it is now.

GS, if you worked for a huge company, would you rather have a CEO who was awesome at his job but a pr*ck in his personal life, or a nice guy who couldn't get anything right?

I'm old enough to remember the Bill Clinton years, when the left said to ignore the personal behavior, and focus on public policy. That made sense to me then, it makes sense to me now.

The left only care about ethics when there an immoral republican in the spotlight.
You really are drunk on the Trump cult messaging, you really belief he was awesome at his job, that’s a sad statement in and of itself. Not surprising from you, it’s your MO, so if Trump wins the primaries I assume he gets your vote.

Last edited by Got Stripers; 12-21-2022 at 06:59 PM..
Old 12-21-2022, 06:54 PM   #119
Pete F.
Canceled

Wonder why he didn’t want his taxes audited…….was his good friend or lover financing him…..

Donald Trump failed to disclose a $19.8 million loan from a company with ties to North Korea while he was president, Forbes reported Sunday, citing documents uncovered by the New York attorney general’s office.
Old 12-21-2022, 08:06 PM   #120
wdmso

Quote:
You really are drunk on the Trump cult messaging, you really belief he was awesome at his job, that’s a sad statement in and of itself. Not surprising from you, it’s your MO, so if Trump wins the primaries I assume he gets your vote.

he obeyed the law, big whoop. If he broke the law, arrest him.

That’s the party line until he’s investigated or charged than it’s a witch hunt lol