Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 12-03-2022, 01:47 PM   #1
Jim in CT

trump says hunter laptop censure justifies ignoring constitution

He posted this today.

In terms of his fitness to be POTUS, this is disqualifying, the worst thing i can recall him saying which is really something.

Praying that one of the investigations into him leads to something. Get him in the rear view mirror, please.

unless he was saying that the fraud “causes” the elimination of the constitution.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 12-03-2022 at 02:02 PM..
Old 12-03-2022, 03:51 PM   #2
wdmso

I just read this today.

Buchanan to Gingrich to Trump, the drivers of the Republican Party have pushed relentlessly toward anger, accusation, isolationism, pessimism and paranoia. In the guise of battling the left, they wage their most effective warfare against their fellow Republicans.

That about sums it up
Old 12-03-2022, 04:44 PM   #3
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
I just read this today.

Buchanan to Gingrich to Trump, the drivers of the Republican Party have pushed relentlessly toward anger, accusation, isolationism, pessimism and paranoia. In the guise of battling the left, they wage their most effective warfare against their fellow Republicans.

That about sums it up
ffs if all they do is mess up, lie, kill people, and battle
each other, why do they have the house, 49% of the senate, and a big majority of state governorships and legislatures?

why are people fleeing blue states for red states?
Old 12-04-2022, 09:42 AM   #4
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
ffs if all they do is mess up, lie, kill people, and battle
each other, why do they have the house, 49% of the senate, and a big majority of state governorships and legislatures?

why are people fleeing blue states for red states?

Man. You switch gears on a whim

Your response is your classic circle the wagons deflection and are clueless to the history of those I highlighted involvement in where the party is today

Trump and Maga supporters and many Republicans are ok with Trumps lie and his willingness to suspend the constitution and reinstate him to power .. don’t be fooled.

A Massive Fraud of this type and magnitude allows for the termination of all rules, regulations, and articles, even those found in the Constitution,” Trump said in a Truth Social post.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 12-04-2022, 11:59 AM   #5
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:

Your response is your classic circle the wagons deflection and are clueless to the history of those I highlighted involvement in where the party is today

Trump and Maga supporters and many Republicans are ok with Trumps lie and his willingness to suspend the constitution and reinstate him to power .. don’t be fooled.

A Massive Fraud of this type and magnitude allows for the termination of all rules, regulations, and articles, even those found in the Constitution,” Trump said in a Truth Social post.
It's like seeing the xmas classics, Jim loves to bring back his greatest hits.
Old 12-04-2022, 01:08 PM   #6
Pete F.
Canceled

Trump’s call for “termination” of the Constitution is solid evidence of intent if he is charged for crimes related to the Jan 6 attacks on the schedule.

Here’s what Special Counsel Jack Smith might argue to the jury:

“Now the defendant wants you to think that this is all a misunderstanding - that he never meant to subvert the Constitution when he urged his armed followers to go to Capitol Hill to ‘stop the steal.’ ‘I’d never subvert the Constitution!’ the defendant wants you to believe.
But we know that is not true - the evidence makes that crystal clear. We know that subverting the Constitution is right in this defendant’s wheelhouse.

“And you don’t have to take my word for it. We know he is ready to subvert the Constitution BECAUSE OF HIS OWN WORDS.

In fact, just a few months ago he took to the social media platform Truth Social to call for the Constitution to be ‘terminated.’

“And that’s what he says in PUBLIC. Imagine what this defendant has to say about the Constitution behind closed doors, alone with his cronies.

So we know darn well, we know beyond any reasonable doubt, that the defendant intended to subvert the Constitution - we know because he’s told us that whenever the Constitution is in his way, he’s ready to abandon it.

That, ladies and gentlemen of the jury, is precisely what defendant Donald Trump is accused of in this case - and it’s why I ask you to return the only verdict consistent with the evidence: GUILTY on all counts.”

House Republicans revere the Constitution so much they're going to read it aloud at the first session of the new House. Perhaps they could first take a moment to criticize and denounce this dangerous anti-Constitutional appeal by a man they've defended, supported, and cheered on?

Guess not...............Trump's call to suspend Constitution not a 2024 deal-breaker, leading House Republican says

One would think that the standard bearer of their party openly associating with neo nazis and calling for the dissolution of the Constitution is of considerably more consequence than Hunters laptop.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-05-2022, 08:44 AM   #7
Jim in CT

Quote:

You switched gears, not me. I posted about Trump. You went on a rant about how all Republicans are evil. The facts show the country doesn't agree with you.
Old 12-05-2022, 08:49 AM   #8
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
It's like seeing the xmas classics, Jim loves to bring back his greatest hits.
Log on, lob insult, log off and hide...

I do have some greatest hits I guess, and why is it that you guys can't respond to them? Why can you only toss vague insults?

Why does the GOP (despite hitching their wagon to Trump, despite the unpopular SCOTUS ruling on abortion, despite nominating some godawful candidates, despite the media, big tech, and the FBI working for democrats) still have a majority in the house, at least 49% of the senate, and a robust majority of state governorships and state legislatures?

Why is that?

If I'm such a duped simpleton, shouldn't you be able to answer that question in a way that destroys the argument I'm making? Shouldn't that be easy for you?

If you can't begin to respond, doesn't that mean I have a point?

What states are people fleeing, what states are people fleeing to?
Old 12-05-2022, 09:12 AM   #9
wdmso

Quote:
You switched gears, not me. I posted about Trump. You went on a rant about how all Republicans are evil. The facts show the country doesn't agree with you.
Buchanan to Gingrich to Trump, the drivers of the Republican Party have pushed relentlessly toward anger, accusation, isolationism, pessimism and paranoia.

Same gear Jim ..
Old 12-05-2022, 09:22 AM   #10
Jim in CT

Quote:
Buchanan to Gingrich to Trump, the drivers of the Republican Party have pushed relentlessly toward anger, accusation, isolationism, pessimism and paranoia.

Same gear Jim ..
Pat Buchanan and Newt Gingrich are comparable to Trump?

Only if you hate all republicans wayne.

liberals never use accusations and pessimism when painting all conservatives as white supremacist hatemongers

Most americans care about issues and results, not endless character smears. if you look at which party controls what, it’s hard to conclude that we’re not a pretty equally divided, if not a slightly center-right country. I don’t say that only because i like it ( though i do like it), i say it because i don’t think the facts can be taken any other way.

Most people don’t want abortions into the 9th month, they don’t want their daughters being forced to change with boys in girls locker rooms, they don’t want taxes higher than they need to be, and they sure don’t want to be told their kids can’t have normal childhoods because of covid. at the same time, americans don’t want anything to do with trump, they don’t want abortion bans in many states, they don’t want so many AR-15s. .

Taking all that into account, the gop is in a slightly better spot right now.
Old 12-05-2022, 10:52 AM   #11
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:

Most americans care about issues and results, not endless character smears. if you look at which party controls what, it’s hard to conclude that we’re not a pretty equally divided, if not a slightly center-right country. I don’t say that only because i like it ( though i do like it), i say it because i don’t think the facts can be taken any other way.

Most people don’t want abortions into the 9th month, they don’t want their daughters being forced to change with boys in girls locker rooms, they don’t want taxes higher than they need to be, and they sure don’t want to be told their kids can’t have normal childhoods because of covid. at the same time, americans don’t want anything to do with trump, they don’t want abortion bans in many states, they don’t want so many AR-15s. .

Most people don’t want government involved in medical decisions that should be between patient and physician, nobody except Republican media thinks boy and girl locker rooms will be coed, most Americans think the wealthy should also pay taxes and most Americans think that they don’t want their kids to suffer lifelong effects of a disease that little is known about.

Demographics have spelled the end of the GOP for years; what we're seeing is the party's death throes.

That the GOP considers Herschel Walker qualified to serve in the US Senate, the DeSantis administration defining woke as “The belief there are systemic injustices in American society and their is a need to address them.” and Donald Trump's call to overthrow the Constitution as "he says many things" demonstrates beyond a doubt that it no longer has a reason to exist.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-05-2022, 11:15 AM   #12
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Most people don’t want government involved in medical decisions that should be between patient and physician, nobody except Republican media thinks boy and girl locker rooms will be coed, most Americans think the wealthy should also pay taxes and most Americans think that they don’t want their kids to suffer lifelong effects of a disease that little is known about.

Demographics have spelled the end of the GOP for years; what we're seeing is the party's death throes.

That the GOP considers Herschel Walker qualified to serve in the US Senate, the DeSantis administration defining woke as “The belief there are systemic injustices in American society and their is a need to address them.” and Donald Trump's call to overthrow the Constitution as "he says many things" demonstrates beyond a doubt that it no longer has a reason to exist.
"Most people don’t want government involved in medical decisions that should be between patient and physician"

The data could not be more clear, Americans want access to abortion. It's a losing issue for Republicans in most places. But a fight worth fighting and losing in my opinion.

"nobody except Republican media thinks boy and girl locker rooms will be coed"

You're simply lying. Tell that to this high school female student who was expected to change in her locker room in front of a boy on her volleyball team, and she was suspended from school for complaining about it. Pete, you just flat-out lie when the facts don't fit. you're insane.

"Vermont's state law means that students can play sports and use the locker which correspond to the gender with which they identify. "

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...peaks-out.html

"most Americans think the wealthy should also pay taxes "

Then I have good news for you, the wealthy pay a hugely disproportionate share of federal income taxes. Can you name a single influential Republican ho says that the wealthy should pay no taxes? What re you referring to?

"Demographics have spelled the end of the GOP for years;"

Maybe. Yet Ron Desantis won Miami-Dade. And governor Youngkin did great with Hispanics. That tide may be changing, and not in a way that you'll like.

"what we're seeing is the party's death throes."

You say so.

"That the GOP considers Herschel Walker qualified to serve in the US Senate"

He's a godawful candidate. But he's no worse by any measure, than Fetterman. Except you agree with Fettermans policies.

"Donald Trump's call to overthrow the Constitution"

I posted that here, I'm the one who posted it. I will never vote for him again. But your side makes a constant habit of ignoring the parts of the constitution they don't happen to like, that's how Roe got decided in the first place. That's how affirmative action is allowed, how Christian bakers are forced to participate in gay weddings, it's how churches ere shut down during covid but liquor stores stayed open. it all requires a willful disregard of the constitution, no different from what Trump is calling for - trashing the parts of the constitution that you don't happen to like.

"most Americans think that they don’t want their kids to suffer lifelong effects of a disease that little is known about. "

SO there's a disease that hurts kids that republicans like? What is it, exactly?

All your certainty about how out of touch the GOP is, and yet they control the house, at least 49% of the senate, and a majority of state governorships and legislatures.

Why is that?
Old 12-05-2022, 11:21 AM   #13
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
"Most people don’t want government involved in medical decisions that should be between patient and physician"

The data could not be more clear, Americans want access to abortion. It's a losing issue for Republicans in most places. But a fight worth fighting and losing in my opinion.

"nobody except Republican media thinks boy and girl locker rooms will be coed"

You're simply lying. Tell that to this high school female student who was expected to change in her locker room in front of a boy on her volleyball team, and she was suspended from school for complaining about it. Pete, you just flat-out lie when the facts don't fit. you're insane.

"Vermont's state law means that students can play sports and use the locker which correspond to the gender with which they identify. "

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...peaks-out.html

"most Americans think the wealthy should also pay taxes "

Then I have good news for you, the wealthy pay a hugely disproportionate share of federal income taxes. Can you name a single influential Republican ho says that the wealthy should pay no taxes? What re you referring to?

"Demographics have spelled the end of the GOP for years;"

Maybe. Yet Ron Desantis won Miami-Dade.

"what we're seeing is the party's death throes."

You say so.

"That the GOP considers Herschel Walker qualified to serve in the US Senate"

He's a godawful candidate. But he's no worse by any measure than Fetterman.

"Donald Trump's call to overthrow the Constitution"

I posted that here. I will never vote for him again. But your side makes a constant habit of ignoring the parts of the constitution they don't happen to like, that's how Roe got decided in the first place. That's how affirmative action is allowed, how Christian bakers are forced to participate in gay weddings. it requires a willful disregard of the constitution

"most Americans think that they don’t want their kids to suffer lifelong effects of a disease that little is known about. "

SO there's a disease that hurts kids that republicans like? What is it, exactly?

All your certainty about how out of touch the GOP is, and yet they control the house, at least 49% of the senate, and a majority of state governorships and legislatures.

Why is that?
Poor victim
Just keep believing
Meanwhile
The comms director for the Gov of Oklahoma thinks it's elitist to require teachers to have more than a high school degree.
Why do red states have the lowest education levels?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-05-2022, 11:38 AM   #14
Jim in CT

Quote:
Poor victim
Just keep believing
Meanwhile
The comms director for the Gov of Oklahoma thinks it's elitist to require teachers to have more than a high school degree.
You said its a Republican lie about lockers being co-ed.

I posted a recent, actual event that proves 100% that I was right and that you were wrong.

And I'm the victim?

To quote Inigo Montoya, a great character from a great movie..."you keep using that word. I do not think it means, what you think it means".
Old 12-05-2022, 11:43 AM   #15
Jim in CT

Quote:
Because they're poorer on average.

But I don't equate education with intelligence. That's what's elitist. Education doesn’t seem to have benefitted you at all.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 12-05-2022 at 11:56 AM..
Old 12-05-2022, 04:27 PM   #16
wdmso

Quote:

Only if you hate all republicans wayne.

liberals never use accusations and pessimism when painting all conservatives as white supremacist hatemongers

Jim each one worse and more extreme than their predecessors

All supported By the party and people whom care less about issues and results, But love and cheer endless character smears.

and if you dont see this your not paying attention

thats funny Jim your paroting right wing talking points

get back to us when GOP leaders Stop supporting via silence and elected leaders stop being seen white supremacist stop Bashing Gay and Transgenders people 24x7 for votes then maybe independents liberals and moderate republicans will stop calling Trump's GOP white supremacist hatemongers....because their not trying to Hide it

GOP candidates unleash wave of ads targeting transgender rights
The explosion of campaign advertising coincides with a sharp increase in legislation to limit LGBTQ rights in states led by Republicans. and people saw them for whom they are during the midterms .. But the GOP members in the house will double down on stupid
Old 12-05-2022, 05:07 PM   #17
Jim in CT

Quote:
GOP candidates unleash wave of ads targeting transgender rights
Where do boys who claim to be girls, have the right to watch girls get naked? Where does that right come from.

I posted a story from VT. I high school freshman who was a girl on the girls volleyball team, was told she had to let a boy in the locker room with her. Because she's not a lunatic, she complained.

In a rational world, the boy is told to never go into the girls room again. In your liberal world, the girl who complained, is suspended.

You have a daughter? I'd like to see you watch your 14 year-old daughter go into a girls locker room, then see you hold the door open for a young man to go in there after her, so they could be naked together, and hear you say "here you go, let me get the door for you. Enjoying getting naked in front of my daughter, it's your right!"

LGBTQ have every right to pursue happiness. They don't have the right to ask the other 95% of us to forget normalcy that worked for hundreds of years.

This is what liberals never get - tolerance is a two way street. I'm 100% in favor of gay marriage, and I guarantee you I was before you were. I'm also in favor of the rights of others to not have homosexuality shoved in their faces at every turn and expect me to giggle with delight no matter what it is I'm expected to celebrate. Theres a reason why bedrooms have doors.

And spare me your outrage, when Obama was potus he was adamantly opposed to gay marriage, and that didn't stop him from winning a Nobel Peace Prize and then winning the presidency. Spare me your fake bullsh-t outrage.
Old 12-05-2022, 06:06 PM   #18
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Because they're poorer on average.

But I don't equate education with intelligence. That's what's elitist. Education doesn’t seem to have benefitted you at all.
Why are they poorer?

They have the great advantage of Republican leadership…..

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-05-2022, 06:12 PM   #19
Jim in CT

Quote:
Why are they poorer?

They have the great advantage of Republican leadership…..
How about this. I'll answer your questions, when you answer mine.

Are you still saying it's a republican lie that girls' locker rooms are becoming coed thanks to LGBTQ policies?

Although I have to say this, only a liberal would assume that elected officials determine whether people end up being poor or not.

Also, if you're going to compare the wealth of states, you need to normalize for what's happening in the cities. For example, democrats love to point out that LA is a red state, but has a very high murder rate. What they leave out, is that the murder rate is driven by New Orleans, which is deep blue.

But liberals are wealthier than conservatives Pete, this isn't new.