Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 04-05-2022, 01:20 PM   #1
Pete F.
Canceled

Now you’re equating liberals 200K in spending with Republicans in Tennessee legalizing pedophilia
Okay, it’s pretty obvious where you’re at
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 04-05-2022, 01:38 PM   #2
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Now you’re equating liberals 200K in spending with Republicans in Tennessee legalizing pedophilia
Okay, it’s pretty obvious where you’re at
Nope. You also complained about this...

"Tennessee Republicans are advancing a bill that creates a separate, privileged class of marriage for heterosexual couples,"

You complained that the GOP was discriminating against gays on the basis of sexual orientation.

I complained that CA is discriminating against heterosexuals on the basis of sexual orientation, and you won't comment on it.

"it’s pretty obvious where you’re at"

It's more obvious where you're "at", and it's a sad place where you deny and pathologically lie about every single little thing that doesn't favor the left.

You can't even be honest about what you posted a couple of hours ago.
Old 04-06-2022, 04:10 AM   #3
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Nope. You also complained about this...

"Tennessee Republicans are advancing a bill that creates a separate, privileged class of marriage for heterosexual couples,"

You complained that the GOP was discriminating against gays on the basis of sexual orientation.

I complained that CA is discriminating against heterosexuals on the basis of sexual orientation, and you won't comment on it.

"it’s pretty obvious where you’re at"

It's more obvious where you're "at", and it's a sad place where you deny and pathologically lie about every single little thing that doesn't favor the left.

You can't even be honest about what you posted a couple of hours ago.
I was told Roe was settled law. Now it’s pretty clear Roe is gone. I was told that LGBTQ rights were settled law, now I see Republicans attacking them ferociously. It’s hard not to see where this is going.

Busy day for the GQP:

- 63 Republicans vote no to supporting NATO
- TN GOP proposes “Marry Little Kids” bill
- Tom Cotton calls Ketanji Brown Jackson a Nazi
- OH pushes Don’t Say Gay/Race bill
- GOP to host CPAC with Orban in Hungary
- Oklahoma GOP passes total abortion ban

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-06-2022, 05:18 AM   #4
Jim in CT

Quote:
I was told Roe was settled law. Now it’s pretty clear Roe is gone. I was told that LGBTQ rights were settled law, now I see Republicans attacking them ferociously. It’s hard not to see where this is going.

Busy day for the GQP:

- 63 Republicans vote no to supporting NATO
- TN GOP proposes “Marry Little Kids” bill
- Tom Cotton calls Ketanji Brown Jackson a Nazi
- OH pushes Don’t Say Gay/Race bill
- GOP to host CPAC with Orban in Hungary
- Oklahoma GOP passes total abortion ban
there was a time ( thanks to democrats) hat slavery was settled law. There was a time ( also thanks to democrats) that segregation was settled law. There was a time when prohibition was settled law. There was a time when gay marriage prohibition was settled law.

from where do you get the idea, that laws can never be overturned?

roe isn’t even close to gone. and even if it were, that just means states get to decide. liberal states will always allow abortion, so the worst case scenario is that women in red states need to go to a blue state. that’s the worst it can ever get. and we’re nowhere near that today.

And Cotton did not come close to calling her a nazi. check your facts, liar.
Old 04-06-2022, 06:17 AM   #5
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
there was a time ( thanks to democrats) hat slavery was settled law. There was a time ( also thanks to democrats) that segregation was settled law. There was a time when prohibition was settled law. There was a time when gay marriage prohibition was settled law.

from where do you get the idea, that laws can never be overturned?

roe isn’t even close to gone. and even if it were, that just means states get to decide. liberal states will always allow abortion, so the worst case scenario is that women in red states need to go to a blue state. that’s the worst it can ever get. and we’re nowhere near that today.

And Cotton did not come close to calling her a nazi. check your facts, liar.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-06-2022, 06:28 AM   #6
Jim in CT

Quote:
i am aware of the clip. saying a lawyer would defend nazis, isn’t the same thing as saying she’s a nazi. it’s not even close.

pete, is every lawyer who has ever defended a murderer, also a murderer? is the lawyer a murderer?

Its hard to tell if you’re kidding, lying, stupid, or crazy. but it’s one of those.

lawyers defend people all
day, every day. that doesn’t mean the lawyers “are” what they defend.
Old 04-06-2022, 02:31 PM   #7
Jim in CT

Quote:
What Cotton was ticked off about, was her volunteering on multiple occasions to defend the Guantanimo Bay terrorists, and accuse the US soldiers of war crimes. She sought these cases out. I didn't know that before. It's not much of a leap to say that if you'd defend murdering terrorists, you MIGHT (Cotton said "might", which you conveniently left out) defend Nazis.

Does saying we're the bad guys and the terrorists are the real victims, mean she shouldn't be on SCOTUS? Maybe. Unlike you, I have no problem calling out jerk son my side. I have no huge issue with Cotton despising this woman based on that.

She's a radical liberal. That doesn't mean she'd be incapable of setting her personal beliefs aside and decide cases based just on the law, but radicals are risky to give a lifetime appointment to.
Old 04-06-2022, 05:44 PM   #8
spence

Quote:
What Cotton was ticked off about, was her volunteering on multiple occasions to defend the Guantanimo Bay terrorists, and accuse the US soldiers of war crimes. She sought these cases out. I didn't know that before.
Probably because it’s not true.