Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Old 02-21-2011, 11:26 AM   #1
Saltheart

BlueRay is incredible

Yes I am way behind the times. I decided to get Netflix and based on a thread here earlier , went with the WiFI built in Blue Ray player. Well I had only one Blue Ray disc , it came as a package deal when I bought the Avatar DVD. I watched my first BlueRay movie last night and it was an incredible improvement in the visuals. Also , maybe because its a better player , the audio was also noticeably better. It also made me realize why these new HD TV's are worth the money , although I had experienced some of that already with Digital HDTV broadcasts and some improvement in the DVD picture quality.

I could not believe how the added clarity (resolution?) of the BlueRay made all the surfaces like clothing , skin the animals hides etc etc so realistic. It was like I was watching a movie I had not seen before (must have watched it 6 times after buying the DVD. One thing that popped into my head was how the Na Vi people looked so much more like people as opposed to just blue characters like the Genie in Disney's Aladdin. The other thing I noticed was much more fidelity in the sound. Is that typical of a BlueRay or is that just something to do with the better player now? The music through my Bose 901 II was just incredible. Maybe more Dolby affects?

Anyway , I'm sure many already knew this but if you have not seen a BlueRay movie before , you owe it to your self to have that experience.

Today I hope to do the Netflix thing . Only issue may be the new BlueRay has wireless N and I have a wireless G router. If buffering takes too long or I get stuttering etc in the Streaming from Netflix , I suppose I could get another Wireless router. I hate to spend that money though as for everything else the router I now have has been the best. I farted around with some other router types over the years but after having a Linksys , I doubt I'll ever buy another brand.

Well anyway , thats my story about finally moving ahead in technology and experienceing the incredible Blue Ray picture quality.

Saltheart
Custom Crafted Rods by Saltheart
Saltheart is offline   Reply With Quote