Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Old 07-19-2020, 05:18 PM   #1
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

COVID related shortages

So what have you experienced being out of stock, unavailable, or had orders cancelled on during this pandemic?

Me? bicycle; drove to Auburn to get what I wanted used in excellent shape. Forget buying new. Barber shears; wahl. nope out of stock. Will wait and have old blade replaced. Pressure treated framing stock; got tight supply, then price increased 30%. Composite Azek decking; went from 3-4 day availability to 4 weeks. Flour; early on shortage when TP was all the rage. Seems to have become more available.

China has been very quiet..... This could well be part of a master plan to ruin us... I am far from a conspiracy guy, but this is not that far fetched... Buy American!

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
nightfighter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 05:32 PM   #2
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

PT lumber is in short supply, as well as Mortar mix.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
The Dad Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 05:39 PM   #3
spence

Just deli meat and soda for some strange reason. That being said I use Peapod.
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 06:09 PM   #4
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I use Peapod.
Of course you do, Jeff.....

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
Old 07-19-2020, 06:27 PM   #5
Jenn

Spring 2019 I started a new job in a Farm & Home, garden, pet supply warehouse. Spring is the busy season so I new what to expect this year. NOTHING could have prepared me for this spring! Supply chain is messed up on so many levels! I shook my head in the early stages when people hoarded toilet paper....then it hit my industry....people started hoarding pet food potting soil..then fertilizer plants hadto shut down etc. supply chains bottle neck. It's not just because stores dont have things...its because they cant get things!

Simplify.......
Jenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 07:05 PM   #6
Slipknot
Super Moderator

UPS has screwed me on a hardware kit for a Murphy bed that I cannot begin to make until I have it. Tuesday will be 2 weeks. The company supposedly put in a request for investigation after I called last Monday asking why my 85 pound package was last checked in at Brockton at 7:30 AM and nothing since. I can't get a replacement until 8 days is up unless I want to pay another grand for another one so that ain't happening. So while I wait I am catching up with home projects while not earning a living as my next job is lined up after this. The incompetence is par for the course these days. It getting tiring constantly solving and working around issues from no fault of mine but I keep going and try to do as much as I can myself.
I was putting off replacing the bulkhead and stairs to the basement so that came the day I thought I was getting the wall bed hardware. Last weekendI picked up some mortar and blocks and I torn off the old then set a course of 4" block since my old one was narrower and shorter I had to cantilever the end blocks a few inches. It came out great. I managed to get the last 3 2x10' and 2x12's P.T. at Mid-Cape on Monday.

Some cleaning stuff is beginning to get back in stores but it is slow.

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Slipknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 08:32 PM   #7
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfighter View Post
Of course you do, Jeff.....
Why not...it’s cheap and easy.
Old 07-19-2020, 08:38 PM   #8
Sea Dangles

Quote:
If you are satisfied with the random produce that your associate picks out for you then that speaks volumes Jeff. Ugh!🤢

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Sea Dangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 08:49 PM   #9
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
If you are satisfied with the random produce that your associate picks out for you then that speaks volumes Jeff. Ugh!🤢
I don’t get much produce from peapod aside from kids fruit and it’s always excellent.
Old 07-21-2020, 12:23 PM   #10
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

While ordering doors today at local lumberyard, I overheard one of the checkout guys tell a customer they were out of 2x10s but they still had some 2x12s he could rip down... I really worry about our supply lines getting squeezed with the July surge in Covid cases and deaths. Building industry could be in trouble as soon as September IMO...

As for the doors I was ordering; I was told that exterior wood door, without an overhang of three feet, would have no warranty. Gave me example of local contractor who had door go south in eight months! No change even with storm door... What is going on with quality these days?

Old 07-21-2020, 12:33 PM   #11
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Quote:
Because you are not the demographic they designed this around? This is assuming you are a heathy mobile male with access to transportation. And given the past two decades of joking about your predilection for fine clothing and shoes.... you were the last person I expected to let some random employee to select his food.

Old 07-21-2020, 12:45 PM   #12
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfighter View Post
Because you are not the demographic they designed this around? This is assuming you are a heathy mobile male with access to transportation. And given the past two decades of joking about your predilection for fine clothing and shoes.... you were the last person I expected to let some random employee to select his food.
I HATE going into big supermarkets and if you shop the smaller nicer places you spend 50% more at least. Most consumption is dry goods, pantry staples, frozen stuff etc... I wouldn't get fresh meat from it but I've never had a bad piece of fruit delivered and I'm as picky as they come. I don't cook much anymore so will do take out or delivery frequently for variety.
Old 07-21-2020, 01:03 PM   #13
PaulS

The green or yellow deck screws are all out in HD. Normally there are like 200 boxes in the various sizes.

Putting a 2' high stone wall in with a 2" fence on top. According to the fence guy the fence takes 1 week to deliver. Since Covid - 3 -4 weeks

Last edited by PaulS; 07-21-2020 at 01:22 PM..
PaulS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 03:14 PM   #14
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
The green or yellow deck screws are all out in HD. Normally there are like 200 boxes in the various sizes.

Putting a 2' high stone wall in with a 2" fence on top. According to the fence guy the fence takes 1 week to deliver. Since Covid - 3 -4 weeks
Not to judge, but isn't a 2 inch high fence going to look pretty funny?

I'll show myself out

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
RIROCKHOUND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 04:16 PM   #15
PaulS

Lot of short people live in my neighborhood
PaulS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 05:58 PM   #16
Sea Dangles

������

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Sea Dangles is offline   Reply With Quote