Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 01-19-2016, 03:02 PM   #1
Jim in CT

Hilary email

I thought she only had wedding planning and yoga schedules on there?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016...l?intcmp=hpbt1
Old 01-19-2016, 06:42 PM   #2
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

The Federal Inspector General for the Intelligence Community (the guy that runs inspections IN the Intelligence Community) did not have high enough clearance to review the emails she had on her personal home email server.

Quote:
An intelligence official familiar with the matter told NBC News that the special access program in question was so sensitive that McCullough and some of his aides had to receive clearance to be read in on it before viewing the sworn declaration about the Clinton emails.
Clinton's campaign did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...ret-ig-n499886

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 01-19-2016, 08:08 PM   #3
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

But....but......but (insert excuse here)
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 01-19-2016, 08:18 PM   #4
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
But....but......but (insert excuse here)
I'll put on my Spence hat and offer some excuses...

(1) ...they ALL do it.
(2) ... oh, you can't believe anything you read on Fauxnews
(3) ...are we still talking about this? Why can't we look forward, and discuss the issues that people CARE about, like getting free rubbers to first graders.
Old 01-19-2016, 08:24 PM   #5
Nebe

4) she hasn't stolen from the 1% yet. But when she does, then and only then will she be held accountable for her actions.
Old 01-19-2016, 09:09 PM   #6
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

This on top of the other 1,300 classified e mails found.

#5 "It's just something people try to throw against the wall and hope it sticks."

Like someone said, if she ever got elected she'd be spending her first
100 days between the White House and the Court House.

" Choose Life "
Old 01-19-2016, 09:32 PM   #7
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Saw this a few minutes ago:

Quote:
Hillary: There is no classified material on my server

Intel IG: My clearance level isn't high enough to see all the crap on her server

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 01-20-2016, 06:42 AM   #8
Jim in CT

Wait, I got it...

"the same vast right-wing conspiracy that framed my devoted husband to make it look like he was unfaithful, planted those emails on my server. It was the Koch brothers."
Old 01-20-2016, 07:36 AM   #9
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by justplugit View Post
This on top of the other 1,300 classified e mails found.
Retroactively mind you. There also seems to be a lot of disagreements as to how different departments believe certain information should be handled. You could have info that considered top secret by one agency and yet published publicly in multiple sources but it's still considered classified.

There's not much new in this latest report, other than Republicans continuing to leak information to hurt Clinton's campaign. Wait that's not really new either.

I'd note Clinton's not under investigation and there's no yet evidence she broke any laws...
Old 01-20-2016, 07:50 AM   #10
PaulS

No matter what is on the server it is stupid for anyone that high up to use their private email. Easy for someone to type in the wrong email address and send something to an unsecured email address.
Old 01-20-2016, 07:51 AM   #11
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Retroactively mind you. There also seems to be a lot of disagreements as to how different departments believe certain information should be handled. You could have info that considered top secret by one agency and yet published publicly in multiple sources but it's still considered classified.

There's not much new in this latest report, other than Republicans continuing to leak information to hurt Clinton's campaign. Wait that's not really new either.

I'd note Clinton's not under investigation and there's no yet evidence she broke any laws...
"There also seems to be a lot of disagreements as to how different departments believe certain information should be handled"

No, there's not a lot of disagreement there. It's established practice that the agency that develops a piece of intelligence, has sole authority to classify it, and all other agencies are bound to accept that. So if the CIA takes a pic of North Korea missile movements and classifies it as top secret or higher, Hilary doesn't get to decide that it's no more sensitive that her yoga schedule.

"Retroactively mind you"

Absolutely, 100% false. The 2 emails cited in the story I posted, were deemed to have been higher than top secret before they got to Hilary's server. The IG considers that "a closed matter". The State Dept tried to change the classification, but as I said, they don't get to do that unless they developed the information.

When she said her server had nothing but wedding plans and yoga, it was a lie. Then she said it had no emails that were classified at the time. Also b.s.
Old 01-20-2016, 07:51 AM   #12
scottw

Quote:

mutterings of a mind-numbed cultist

Hillary will be fine...I saw a poll a few days ago that indicated an impressive number of democrats were happy to see continue her campaign for president even after and if she finds herself under indictment
Old 01-20-2016, 08:04 AM   #13
DZ

The last email report is not good. I work in this field. When you reveal sources and methods your basically stating exactly who our spies are, how they are getting the info, and from who. If these sources are still in country they and their friends, family, etc, are caught, incarcerated, or killed. This is far reaching.

DZ
Recreational Surfcaster
"Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your Limit"

Bi + Ne = SB 2

If you haven't heard of the Snowstorm Blitz of 1987 - you someday will.
Old 01-20-2016, 08:44 AM   #14
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
No, there's not a lot of disagreement there. It's established practice that the agency that develops a piece of intelligence, has sole authority to classify it, and all other agencies are bound to accept that. So if the CIA takes a pic of North Korea missile movements and classifies it as top secret or higher, Hilary doesn't get to decide that it's no more sensitive that her yoga schedule.
But that's not what's happening. The information being discussed wasn't classified when she was at State. It was either classified after she left or classified as part of the email release process. Given the media scrutiny around there simply could be things they don't want to draw attention to.

Quote:
Absolutely, 100% false. The 2 emails cited in the story I posted, were deemed to have been higher than top secret before they got to Hilary's server. The IG considers that "a closed matter". The State Dept tried to change the classification, but as I said, they don't get to do that unless they developed the information.
That's also not entirely true.

This is based on off the record information...but what appears to have happened is an aid forwarded Clinton a few emails citing public news reporting about the political fallout from drone strikes. Because the drone strikes weren't supposed to be happening (ssssshhhhhhhhhh) the program was considered top secret/SAP and so any government correspondence on the topic "should" be handled with that designation.

I'm sure some will clamor that Clinton would have known this and should have rang the alarm bell on mishandling information, but that's pretty silly...If the above is true you can toss this right back into the dust bin with all the other accusations.
Old 01-20-2016, 08:55 AM   #15
Jim in CT

Quote:
But that's not what's happening. The information being discussed wasn't classified when she was at State. It was either classified after she left or classified as part of the email release process. Given the media scrutiny around there simply could be things they don't want to draw attention to.

That's also not entirely true.

This is based on off the record information...but what appears to have happened is an aid forwarded Clinton a few emails citing public news reporting about the political fallout from drone strikes. Because the drone strikes weren't supposed to be happening (ssssshhhhhhhhhh) the program was considered top secret/SAP and so any government correspondence on the topic "should" be handled with that designation.

I'm sure some will clamor that Clinton would have known this and should have rang the alarm bell on mishandling information, but that's pretty silly...If the above is true you can toss this right back into the dust bin with all the other accusations.
"The information being discussed wasn't classified when she was at State"

That is what Hilary is saying. That's not what the IG is saying. Read the link I posted...

"As Fox News first reported, those two emails were “top secret” when they hit the server, and it is now considered a settled matter."

At a minimum, Spence...what do you think of her initial claims that her server only had wedding plans, yoga schedules, things like that?

We will see.

Another story...

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015...challenge.html

From this article...

"An intelligence community review has re-affirmed that two classified emails were indeed “top secret” when they hit Hillary Clinton’s unsecured personal server despite a challenge to that designation by the State Department, according to two sources familiar with the review.

The sources described the dispute over whether the two emails were classified at the highest level as a “settled matter.”
Old 01-20-2016, 08:57 AM   #16
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
mutterings of a mind-numbed cultist

Hillary will be fine...I saw a poll a few days ago that indicated an impressive number of democrats were happy to see continue her campaign for president even after and if she finds herself under indictment
You are correct, I doubt that an indictment keeps her from getting the Democratic nomination (Bill was humiliated, impeached, and disbarred, and no one holds that against him). It will hurt her in the general.

They are an awful lot like the Kennedys. No morals whatsoever, and a firm conviction that the world is better off if they are running it.
Old 01-20-2016, 08:58 AM   #17
Jim in CT

Quote:
Wait, what? She's not under investigation? What are those 150 FBI agents doing all day?
Old 01-20-2016, 09:41 AM   #18
spence

Quote:
Wait, what? She's not under investigation? What are those 150 FBI agents doing all day?
Yes, Clinton is not a target of the Federal probe. This was falsely reported by the NYT months ago, another Republican leak intended to smear...
Old 01-20-2016, 09:57 AM   #19
spence

Quote:
At a minimum, Spence...what do you think of her initial claims that her server only had wedding plans, yoga schedules, things like that?
I don't think she ever claimed that.

But anyway, you're getting your emails confused. The IG report is not about the same emails in your second link. FOX is spinning you around so fast the stories are getting all mixed together.
Old 01-20-2016, 10:01 AM   #20
DZ

My prediction: Hillary will blame a staffer for sending or uploading the classified info on her server. But as she should be, Hillary is ultimately responsible because she was head of the department. That said the liberal community has tended to look at those other turncoats like Snowden as "heroes". There is actually a move to free this guy. Knowing that its not surprising that many on the left don't think this is a big deal.

Last edited by DZ; 01-20-2016 at 10:14 AM..

DZ
Recreational Surfcaster
"Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your Limit"

Bi + Ne = SB 2

If you haven't heard of the Snowstorm Blitz of 1987 - you someday will.
Old 01-20-2016, 10:03 AM   #21
Fly Rod

And they want to reduce Petraeus rank for sending 2 emails....spence, not long ago one of hillary's email sent to her harem of confidence contained verbiage of how to get around sending classified info as non classified....did ya miss that one?...

"When its not about money,it's all about money."...
Old 01-20-2016, 10:06 AM   #22
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by DZ View Post
My prediction: Hillary will blame a staffer for sending or uploading the classified info or her server. But as she should be, Hillary is ultimately responsible because she was head of the department.
I think we'll have to wait for the output of the FBI investigation before anything is really clear. To my knowledge there still has been no evidence that information was sent to Clinton that was classified at the time it was sent, nor is there any evidence that Clinton sent any classified information.
Old 01-20-2016, 10:11 AM   #23
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Wait, I got it...

"the same vast right-wing conspiracy that framed my devoted husband to make it look like he was unfaithful, planted those emails on my server. It was the Koch brothers."
Some of that is always at play with all sides, there was a spam email about the number of staff Michelle Obama had, claiming 1 staff person for the last X first ladies, something that was shown to be patently false.

She clearly made a huge mistake with this server. Period.
Does that disqualify her? Probably not if the FBI clears her.

This is a #^&#^&#^&#^&ty election for those of us left of center. I am not a Hillary fan, I don't feel the Bern, but Hillary is much closer on my policy perspectives than Trump, Cruz, Rubio etc.

What really troubles me is that Hillary is basically a neocon on foreign policy, and it worries me where we will have troops in 2017...

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 01-20-2016, 10:12 AM   #24
Jim in CT

Quote:
I don't think she ever claimed that.

But anyway, you're getting your emails confused. The IG report is not about the same emails in your second link. FOX is spinning you around so fast the stories are getting all mixed together.
I see...

So, then, what about the 2 emails that were top secret (or higher) at the time they hit her server?
Old 01-20-2016, 10:19 AM   #25
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
Some of that is always at play with all sides, there was a spam email about the number of staff Michelle Obama had, claiming 1 staff person for the last X first ladies, something that was shown to be patently false.

She clearly made a huge mistake with this server. Period.
Does that disqualify her? Probably not if the FBI clears her.

This is a #^&#^&#^&#^&ty election for those of us left of center. I am not a Hillary fan, I don't feel the Bern, but Hillary is much closer on my policy perspectives than Trump, Cruz, Rubio etc.

What really troubles me is that Hillary is basically a neocon on foreign policy, and it worries me where we will have troops in 2017...
"Some of that is always at play with all sides"

Sadly, these days, that is true. Not enough discussion of the issues, too much energy wasted on digging up dirt. But where the Clintons are concerned, there are legitimate ethical concerns, it's not fabricated. These are truly disgusting people.

Here's what I don't get. She was married to Bill when he was President. The economy did great when he was President (and for years after). So why isn't she endorsing th esame economic policies that Bill enacted (cutting taxes, cutting spending, balancing the budget, kicking millions of lazy bums off welfare who, it turns out, were perfectly capable of working)? She will continue Obama's policies, which are the opposite of what worked for Bill.

"This is a #^&#^&#^&#^&ty election for those of us left of center."

Hey, it's no picnic on my side until Trump goes away so the adults can talk.

"it worries me where we will have troops in 2017"

I would say that's not Hilary's doing, it's the doing of the jihadists. I don't like it either, but we have to deal with it, don't we?
Old 01-20-2016, 10:29 AM   #26
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly Rod View Post
And they want to reduce Petraeus rank for sending 2 emails....spence, not long ago one of hillary's email sent to her harem of confidence contained verbiage of how to get around sending classified info as non classified....did ya miss that one?...
I doubt Petraeus gets demoted, he shouldn't, but in that case he did knowingly leak classified information...

As for Clinton, I believe what happened is that she needed unclassified talking points that they were attempting to transmit over the secure fax, or the unclassified talking points were part of a classified document. The secure fax wasn't working so she asked for the unclassified talking points to be sent via unsecured network which was perfectly legal. The reporting doesn't seem to indicate they were ever sent unsecured regardless.
Old 01-20-2016, 10:40 AM   #27
scottw

Quote:

As for Clinton, I believe what happened is that she needed unclassified talking points that they were attempting to transmit over the secure fax, or the unclassified talking points were part of a classified document. The secure fax wasn't working so she asked for the unclassified talking points to be sent via unsecured network which was perfectly legal. The reporting doesn't seem to indicate they were ever sent unsecured regardless.
no doubt you believe that nonsense
Old 01-20-2016, 11:09 AM   #28
spence

Quote:
I see...

So, then, what about the 2 emails that were top secret (or higher) at the time they hit her server?
I believe the situation here was that State acquired information through a casual channel they didn't deem should be classified while another agency acquired the same information through a more sensitive channel that they did deem was classified.

But the info as sent to Clinton's server was not market Top Secret nor did the originator believe it was classified at the time. The DNI got involved to review the discrepancy...

Quote:
"DNI Clapper’s determination is further evidence that there was no wrongdoing by Secretary Clinton," said Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.). "The classification process is complex and subjective, but this confirms Secretary Clinton did not send classified information through her email account. It’s time to put this issue behind us and move on.”
Old 01-20-2016, 11:21 AM   #29
scottw

Quote:

Quote:
"DNI Clapper’s determination is further evidence that there was no wrongdoing by Secretary Clinton," said Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.). "The classification process is complex and subjective, but this confirms Secretary Clinton did not send classified information through her email account. It’s time to put this issue behind us and move on.”

Clinton, Clapper and Feinstein...lot's a credibility there
Old 01-20-2016, 11:29 AM   #30
Jim in CT

Quote:
I believe the situation here was that State acquired information through a casual channel they didn't deem should be classified while another agency acquired the same information through a more sensitive channel that they did deem was classified.

But the info as sent to Clinton's server was not market Top Secret nor did the originator believe it was classified at the time. The DNI got involved to review the discrepancy...
OK, you're saying that as one agency got that data and classified it as above top secret, State got the same infor and classified it as "nothing to see here, show it to the world".

I think that's merely your opinion, and in a stunning coincidence, it is an opinion which clears her of any wrongdoing.

The IG report states clearly, that after the email was discovered on her server, State tried to re-classify another agency's intelligence. That request was rejected.

We will see.

"But the info as sent to Clinton's server was not market Top Secret nor did the originator believe it was classified at the time"

The IG report disputes your claim here. They say it was top secret (or higher) at the time it hit her server.

"nor did the originator believe it was classified at the time"

If it was classified as top secret by the agency that developed it, the originator doesn't get to make that call.