Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 10-09-2013, 07:25 AM   #91
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Unfortunately...I don't even think the Tea party knows what it stands for......3 different Sites and 3 different definitions of what they stand for....even Jims listing is different from what the 3 websites say...

http://www.teaparty.org/about-us/

http://www.teapartypatriots.org/about/

http://www.teapartyexpress.org/mission
True. There is no one organization that heads it up. But ids there anything on these sites, that contradicts anyhting on my list? I think my list is a pretty accurate reflection of the core values, and I'd like to know what about that Zimmy finds offensive. He has been asked that a few times, and I didn't see a response...
Old 10-09-2013, 07:29 AM   #92
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
I think we mock for the sake of mocking ignoring and enabling the real culprits....note Spence's sneering and consider what he supports
We mock, because it's easier to mock than it is to explain why the core values on my list are not in the best interests of the country. That's why we mock.
Old 10-09-2013, 07:38 AM   #93
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
Scott all I know is that the tea party points fingers at big government and the poor as a big problem. The bigger problem is the fact that there are so many good jobs that are now gone. Outsourced. Poof. Just think what this country would be like if that never happened. Who's to blame for that??
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
"I know is that the tea party points fingers at big government and the poor as a big problem"

You don't "know that", because it's patently false. We don't view the poor as a "problem", if we did, why do studies show that conservatives give more money to charity than liberals? What we see as a 'problem', i sthe liberal approach to poverty, which is to get the poor addicted to welfare, and this make it almost impossible to escape poverty. We want to help lift people out of poverty. Our approach, instead of giving them cash (which many use to buy cigarettes and alcohol), i sto help them aquire skills to better themselves. At least, that's the best solution for those that have the ability to help themselves. Is that offensive to you?

So whoever told you that the tea party views poor peope as a "problem", lied to you.

"The bigger problem is the fact that there are so many good jobs that are now gone. Outsourced. Poof. Just think what this country would be like if that never happened"

If that nevcer happened, then we'd all be paying twice as much for everything we buy. The economy became globalized, and China's cost of doing business is a lot lower than ours. One could argue that many Americans are better off for it, because many items are so much cheaper than they used to be.

The problem is that we need a better structure to get people the skills they need to transfer from manufacturing to the jobs that do exist...in another thread, somneone correctly mentioned that companies can't find qualified machinists. There are tons of healthcare jobs as well. Those are the fields that kids need to prepare for.

"Who's to blame for that??"

No one. It just happened, and there was no way to stop it.
Old 10-09-2013, 07:52 AM   #94
scottw

we are leaving a mess for our children and their children, they will be forced to pay or suffer the consequences of inevitable collapse, and they will pay because they will not be allowed the choices nor enjoy the opportunity and are exposed through technology more than we ever have been...the sophists will blame the private sector for not creating enough wealth and employment or pay their fair share, the cynical will blame the tea party types for not doing enough or being organized with slick national marketing to improve their image and compete with the national media intent on tarnishing their image and influence, the philosopher kings will go about their business in Washington, spending millions on vacations funded through tax dollars while chiding the nation about shared sacrifice......such a state
Old 10-09-2013, 08:08 AM   #95
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
we are leaving a mess for our children and their children, they will be forced to pay or suffer the consequences of inevitable collapse, and they will pay because they will not be allowed the choices nor enjoy the opportunity and are exposed through technology more than we ever have been...the sophists will blame the private sector for not creating enough wealth and employment or pay their fair share, the cynical will blame the tea party types for not doing enough or being organized with slick national marketing to improve their image and compete with the national media intent on tarnishing their image and influence, the philosopher kings will go about their business in Washington, spending millions on vacations funded through tax dollars while chiding the nation about shared sacrifice......such a state
We will indeed have much to answer for. We have known about this problem for decades, but lacked the political will to make the small sacrifices that would have solved the problem 40 years ago. As a result, we will be dumping about $100 trillion of debt on our kids, who had absolutely zero say in how that came to pass. The Tea Party doesn't like that prospect. In response, liberals say that we hate old people and poor people. Even Nebe believes that, and he isn't a kooky radical. But he has been duped by the liberal narrative.

The good news is, when the crash happens, and the 20 year-olds look to figure out just what happened, they will see that people like Paul Ryan said "gee, we need to right this ship", and then they will see that the next day, liberals made a commercial of Ryan pushing an old lady off a cliff. That generation will know who tried to solve the problem, and who tried to buy votes today at the cost of dumping all that debt on subsequent generations. In a fair world, that will be the death of liberalism for that generation. When the crash happens, even Rachael Maddow will have a tough time denying that Paul Ryan was absolutely correct. She'll still deny it, but it will be harder for her to do it.