Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 08-13-2011, 06:00 PM   #1
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

Bachman?

Old 08-13-2011, 06:05 PM   #2
spence

Bachmann or Obama...who do you choose?

-spence
Old 08-13-2011, 07:20 PM   #3
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post

-spence
Romney won the Ames straw poll and Huckabee won the Iowa caucus last time around....so this means what?

btw..Pat Robertson won the Ames Straw Poll in 1987
Old 08-13-2011, 07:23 PM   #4
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
Romney won the Ames straw poll and Huckabee won the Iowa caucus last time around....so this means what?

btw..Pat Robertson won the Ames Straw Poll in 1987
Not the point.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 08-13-2011, 07:53 PM   #5
scottw

Quote:
Not the point.
you seem to be desperately struggling for one....
Old 08-13-2011, 07:57 PM   #6
spence

Quote:
you seem to be desperately struggling for one....
Actually, it was pretty obvious.
Old 08-13-2011, 09:02 PM   #7
scottw

Quote:
Actually, it was pretty obvious.
that's like asking someone to choose between the rancid hamburger in your right hand and the mystery meat in the other hand behind your back...we know the hamburger stinks, we can see the flies buzzing all around it, it's been kicking around for almost 3 years, and we know it will likely give us food poisoning and maybe kill us...we don't know very much about the mystery meat, hasn't really been seen or tested yet and might not even be an option ultimately...but at this point anything is better than that nasty burger with the flies

Gallup
"Republican Candidate" Extends Lead vs. Obama to 47% to 39% Margin marks first statistically significant lead among registered voters
by Jeffrey M. Jones
PRINCETON, NJ -- Registered voters by a significant margin now say they are more likely to vote for the "Republican Party's candidate for president" than for President Barack Obama in the 2012 election, 47% to 39%. Preferences had been fairly evenly divided this year in this test of Obama's re-election prospects.
Old 08-14-2011, 05:17 AM   #8
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

I'll take the mystery meat. Just cook the s hit out of it and cover it in ketchup

UNFORTUNATELY we can't do this with our president
Old 08-14-2011, 05:44 AM   #9
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

current or future president

Old 08-14-2011, 06:17 AM   #10
Raven

Perry /Palin ticket sounds catchy
Old 08-14-2011, 06:31 AM   #11
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^& View Post
current or future president

you will be force fed rancid burger by the MSM and Spence types for the next 15 months, they will declare any alternative to be inadequate, unsafe and untested...dangerous in fact with no actual evidence to back up those claims and despite the obvious rot of the product that they continue to push and support as "good for you"...while simultaneously lamenting the lack of a good alternative to their tainted beef....
Old 08-14-2011, 06:45 AM   #12
Fly Rod

Quote:

-spence

That's a no brainer!
Old 08-14-2011, 07:13 AM   #13
buckman

The reason Bachmann is doing well is because Obama is the alternative. People are fed up.
Blame the Tea Party. It's been three years now, blaming Bush doesn't cut it anymore.
Old 08-14-2011, 07:15 AM   #14
Fishpart
Keep The Change

Quote:
you will be force fed rancid burger by the MSM and Spence types for the next 15 months, they will declare any alternative to be inadequate, unsafe and untested...dangerous in fact with no actual evidence to back up those claims and despite the obvious rot of the product that they continue to push and support as "good for you"...while simultaneously lamenting the lack of a good alternative to their tainted beef....
Lack of Qualified Alternative you say????

Last election the MSM tricked the sheeple into electing a one term senator with a record of voting Present. Look where we are today; a substantually weaker Union with a credit rating on par with Greece...

“It’s not up to the courts to invent new minorities that get special protections,” Antonin Scalia
Old 08-14-2011, 07:41 AM   #15
sburnsey931

Old 08-14-2011, 07:42 AM   #16
sburnsey931

I vote "present" just like Obie did.
Old 08-14-2011, 07:45 AM   #17
Jim in CT

Some weird candidates have won in Iowa before, it means very little...Bachman's campaign will fizzle. It'ss be either Romney or Perry, with Marco Rubio as the VP. Unless the economy improves substantially, and I cannot see that happening, Obama is DONE. Good riddance...

The fact is, we are a center-right country. We elected a Maoist in a wave of fear when the economy tanked in 2008 (people forget that McCain/Palin were way ahead in the polls until the market crashed). The independents took a chance on Obama, and they are seeing the folly of their ways.

This emperor truly has no clothes. He's an empty suit who got where he is by fear mongering and race-baiting.
Old 08-14-2011, 09:25 AM   #18
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
The reason Bachmann is doing well is because Obama is the alternative. People are fed up.
Blame the Tea Party. It's been three years now, blaming Bush doesn't cut it anymore.
Bachmann is doing well because the Right is responding to a more polarized message and she's a polarizing candidate. She's also building on the Palin effect and using here local support in Iowa.

She'll be good to capture TV time this summer/fall, but she's just too extreme for independent or moderate Republican voters and too intolerant to moderate her position on just about anything.

She's getting pounded on Meet the Press right now over her views on homosexuality

-spence
Old 08-14-2011, 11:06 AM   #19
JohnnyD

Some eerie similarities to batboy.
Old 08-14-2011, 11:23 AM   #20
Jim in CT

Johnny,she also raised TWENTY THREE foster children in her home. I don't particularly like her politics, and I'd never vote for her in the primary. However, I'd like to see her get some credit, insome corners of this discussion, for the fact that she is obviously someone who cares deeply about needy kids. I've never seen the liberal media even mention her generosity, they are too obsessed with destroying her.
Old 08-14-2011, 11:29 AM   #21
scottw

Quote:
polarized message and a polarizing candidate. just too extreme and too intolerant to moderate position on just about anything.

views on homosexuality

-spence
sounds exactly like the guy that you voted for last go around...

what is Obama's position on homosexuality and gay marriage?...last I heard he was still "evolving" toward an opinion
Old 08-14-2011, 11:48 AM   #22
buckman

Quote:
what is Obama's position on homosexuality and gay marriage?...last I heard he was still "evolving" toward an opinion
He fell out of favor with the gay's...."They" will be voting Bachmann too!
Old 08-14-2011, 02:18 PM   #23
JohnnyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Johnny,she also raised TWENTY THREE foster children in her home. I don't particularly like her politics, and I'd never vote for her in the primary. However, I'd like to see her get some credit, insome corners of this discussion, for the fact that she is obviously someone who cares deeply about needy kids. I've never seen the liberal media even mention her generosity, they are too obsessed with destroying her.
If you want to give someone credit for their generosity, support a democratic candidate.

Quite frankly, I don't care how many foster kids she raised or how nice of a person she is. I still think the woman is a terrible political candidate who doesn't stand a chance of gathering support from any groups that isn't hard lined christian and hyper conservative.
Old 08-14-2011, 02:30 PM   #24
Fishpart
Keep The Change

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyD View Post
If you want to give someone credit for their generosity, support a democratic candidate.
Democrats (Liberals) are generous with other peples money while Conservatives are generous with their own money... Huge difference.

“It’s not up to the courts to invent new minorities that get special protections,” Antonin Scalia
Old 08-14-2011, 02:33 PM   #25
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
He fell out of favor with the gay's...."They" will be voting Bachmann too!
I think you are correct

New Low: Obama’s Job Approval Rating Sinks Below 40% For First Time
August 14, 2011

President Barack Obama's job approval rating fell below 40 percent for the first time, according to Gallup polling data released Sunday. Data posted Sunday showed just 39 percent of Americans said they approve of Obama’s performance as president, while 54 percent said they disapprove.

BEST PART Former President George W. Bush’s Gallup ratings did not drop below 40 percent until October 2005, two months after Hurricane Katrina.

here ya go JD
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2011_08_11_dembrats-thumb-700xauto-331.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	48003  

Last edited by scottw; 08-14-2011 at 02:42 PM..
Old 08-14-2011, 02:47 PM   #26
scottw

Quote:

Quite frankly, I don't care how many foster kids she raised or how nice of a person she is. I still think the woman is a terrible political candidate who doesn't stand a chance of gathering support from any groups that isn't hard lined christian and hyper conservative.
maybe I missed it, but has anyone here argued in support of Bachmann as the Republican nominee outside being the "only" option and in lieu of 4 more years under the boot of the America hating radical leftist currently in the Whitehouse?

Does Bachmann have any friends that are well known domestic terrorists or mentors that are anti American radicals?...because the few disqualifiers that you've listed hardly measure up to those two and look how it worked out for obama
Old 08-14-2011, 03:54 PM   #27
Jim in CT

Quote:

Well Johnny, when you post unflattering photos of her, it's kind of hard to tell what it is you're looking for in a candidate, since an unflattering photo doesn't say anything about her views on the problems we face, does it?

I agree she's way too radical, her campaign isn't going anywhere. I don't agree with her on some important issues, but her work with foster kids is nothing short of heroic. Absolutely heroic. While that may not mean anything to you, some people might find that worthwhile, some might even find it inspiring.

"If you want to give someone credit for their generosity, support a democratic candidate. "

Since every study shows that conservatives are more generous than liberals, I have no idea why I'd want to do that...in case you don't know this, liberals don't see fostering as the solution to unwanted kids, their solution is abortion.
Old 08-14-2011, 04:00 PM   #28
JohnnyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Since every study shows that conservatives are more generous than liberals, I have no idea why I'd want to do that...in case you don't know this, liberals don't see fostering as the solution to unwanted kids, their solution is abortion.
A pretty effective one at that.
Old 08-14-2011, 05:04 PM   #29
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Well, she is likely more experienced as an executive with a more complete resume at this stage in the elections than Barry was at this time in 2007.

Still ain't voting for her if I vote R in the primary.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 08-14-2011, 05:22 PM   #30
buckman

Quote:
A pretty effective one at that.
I'm going to guess in your little corner of the world life is pretty good and Mom and Dad have looked out for you. Perhaps they still do. You have no idea of what being a foster kid is like.Wanting a family that loves you. Think before you type.
Your veiws are border line Nazi.