Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Old 11-15-2006, 01:37 PM   #61
Flaptail

Oh yeah, and there is a difference, and don't confuse it, with difference of opinion and intolerance. In Bush's world if it isn't the Christian right way it's not the Christian Right way and that is a wrong way (does that make sense?)

Enough religion I am going fishing tonight, you know outside maybe the wicken thing has some promise.

Why even try.........
Flaptail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 01:39 PM   #62
Skip N

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIJIMMY View Post
I probably should let this die, but I'm grouchy today. Flap, I dont know you and all and shouldnt stereotype, but you're posts in this thread (and others) are the entire reason I do not trust liberals. Its the mentality of "believe what you want, but if its not what I beleive its because you're not as smart as me". This si the undercurrent of all the anti- Bush rhetoric, war rhetric, now religions rhetoric. As stated above, I am not religious, however I attended relisgiosu schools most of my life and in college took a number of religious classes. To say you got it figured out and hundreds of millions of people are wrong is too funny and exemplifies the liberal view. Always judging others. Did you notice that all the negative religion comments above come from the SAME people who have liberal views on other threads? As Mako Mike pointed out, not very tolerant.
I applaud those of religious conviction, do some use it for their own gain, of course, just like anytinhg else. But faith hope and love are key elements in MOST religions and a world witnout those is one I do not want to live in.
You hit the nail on the head with tolerence issue and liberals. They love to preach to us conservatives to be more tolerent to thier lifestyles and beliefs, yet when do they EVER practice what they preach and attempt to become tolerent towards our views?? Never. Tolerence to a Liberal means a Conservative must change thier views, but the Liberal need not change thiers.

Bunch of freakin' hypocrytes.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Skip N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 02:48 PM   #63
fishpoopoo
Wipe My Bottom

Exclamation

w-i-c-c-a-n

fishpoopoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 03:11 PM   #64
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip N View Post
They love to preach to us conservatives
Skippy, do you even know what a Conservative is?

Hint: It's not an anti-liberal

-spence
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 05:24 PM   #65
Bliz

Send a message via AIM to Bliz Send a message via Yahoo to Bliz
But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know [them], because they are spiritually discerned. - 1Corinthians Chpt 2 verse 14

The fool hath said in his heart, [There is] no God. - Psalm Chpt 53 Verse 1
Bliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 08:05 PM   #66
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bliz View Post
The fool hath said in his heart, [There is] no God. - Psalm Chpt 53 Verse 1
And don't forget...

We are god
'cause only we can create the idea
Of his existence in our holy brains

-Yellow, Stella 1985
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 10:29 PM   #67
Skitterpop

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIJIMMY View Post
I probably should let this die, but I'm grouchy today. Flap, I dont know you and all and shouldnt stereotype, but you're posts in this thread (and others) are the entire reason I do not trust liberals. Its the mentality of "believe what you want, but if its not what I beleive its because you're not as smart as me". This si the undercurrent of all the anti- Bush rhetoric, war rhetric, now religions rhetoric. As stated above, I am not religious, however I attended relisgiosu schools most of my life and in college took a number of religious classes. To say you got it figured out and hundreds of millions of people are wrong is too funny and exemplifies the liberal view. Always judging others. Did you notice that all the negative religion comments above come from the SAME people who have liberal views on other threads? As Mako Mike pointed out, not very tolerant.
I applaud those of religious conviction, do some use it for their own gain, of course, just like anytinhg else. But faith hope and love are key elements in MOST religions and a world witnout those is one I do not want to live in.

On a side note: Maybe the Demoncrats will spend more money on education

Good health and family
Skitterpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 10:31 PM   #68
Skitterpop

And

The only true church is within each and every one of us....

I also like ....there is nothing new under the sun

or..... Richie Haven`s FREEDOM

and my own....the lost, scared, and desperate find strength in their convictions, finally.... or for the time being.

Good health and family
Skitterpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 10:48 PM   #69
Goose

seriously consdering useing your same signature flap.

Can't tell you how many times I could typed "what Flaptail said".. I realy enjoy your insight when it comes to striped bass, its inteligent very well thought out just like some of what you said here but that doesn't mean your right because what we're discussing is not seen. You have a good head on your shoulders but your cutting yourself short of your potentual thinking the way you do. I could go on giving my personel experinces in my live with God and Jesus but why bother, people like you will find other excuses o to excuse the events in my life instead of giving in to the fact that it my faith that is the real reason. Everyone is entiteled to their own opinion and I do respect that.
Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 11:23 AM   #70
Adamfishes

Send a message via AIM to Adamfishes
Who cares what religion George Bush is. Do we really want a ex drunk ex cokehead to be the president of our country. I believe that anyone who is an addict can be a great person etc. but come on that takes a toll on the old noggin. Why don't we just let Cheech and Chong be in charge of the country? And John Kerry has got to be the biggest idiot on earth to lose an election against coke boy mcgee.

I'm not going to touch the religion issue here but Bush is a complete fool.
Adamfishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 10:35 AM   #71
Jenn

Raised Catholic but kind of lost "my faith" if you will. See I think its a choice everyone needs to make for themselves not something that is forced upon you. I have no problem with people that are highly religous...in fact I almost envy them for having "that thing" that gets them through life. But I have a very hard time beleiving it. if there is anything I beleive in its karma I guess. You get what you give. You will be treated in the end as you have treated others.

Assuming there really is a "heaven" and "hell".....
How can you tell me that a hard core criminal can steal, lie, cheat, or hurt people but confess their sins and go to church every sunday and still go to heaven when an atheist can live his or her life being honest, hard working, and good to others but still burn in hell because they didnt believe that their "higher power" was god?

Simplify.......
Jenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 11:12 AM   #72
Tagger
Hydro Orientated Lures

Short and Sweet ,, Ma always said just live by the golden rule. It covers all the bases...
"Do unto others as you'd have them do unto you . " Not sure if Unto is a word but I got it . I don't follow ,,next thing you know thier passing kool-aid around .

Belcher Goonfoock (retired)
(dob 4-21-07)
Tagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 12:40 PM   #73
MikeTLive
...and in person!

Send a message via ICQ to MikeTLive Send a message via AIM to MikeTLive Send a message via MSN to MikeTLive Send a message via Yahoo to MikeTLive
had a friend in college who studdied budhism.
it, like christianity, evolved as a way to control the people.
however, it was more to keep them from fighting each other than to support a ruling class.

do what is right to all other things for you shall return as that thing to experience that which you have done to it.
step on a bug? you will come back as that bug.
care for a stray cat? you will come back as that stray.
the cycle of reincarnation continues until you live out your life perfectly.

There is a fine line that seperates a fisherman from a fool standing in water swinging a stick.

will cook for food
...and plugs
MikeTLive is offline   Reply With Quote