Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 04-09-2020, 07:25 AM   #151
Sea Dangles

Some keep banking on death to enhance their perspective.
Trump is trying hard to disappoint these types and it seems to be working.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 04-09-2020, 07:32 AM   #152
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
Actually seems that the model was assuming only 50-60% social distancing. Actually been closer to 90% so much less spread. People actually listened, mostly, so far.

Still a ways to go especially if another city(ies) become new hot spots.
Exactly and imagine where we would have been had there been a call early on to take this seriously and not downplay it until it was obviously going to explode without hard calls to stay home and keep a physical distance if you had to go out.
Old 04-09-2020, 07:46 AM   #153
Sea Dangles

We have a
LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL!
Old 04-09-2020, 08:47 AM   #154
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Exactly and imagine where we would have been had there been a call early on to take this seriously and not downplay it until it was obviously going to explode without hard calls to stay home and keep a physical distance if you had to go out.
right probably nobody would have contracted it and/or died...like the rest of the world...good grief...
Old 04-09-2020, 08:54 AM   #155
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
"Trump is criticizing the WHO"

(1) Is that the same as Trump saying it's all their fault? Because that's what you claim he said.

(2) In your opinion, the WHO doesn't deserve criticism for their response?

"You suggest I attack Trump"

Everyone here knows that's what you're doing. You are claiming he said things, which he very came close to saying.

If you want to say he didn't do enough early on, made some statements that turned out to be waaaayy off, that he blames others for his mistakes? All of that's fine. But why lie about what he said, unless you are attaching him as a manifestation of your TDS? WHy not point out when others said some of the same things he said?

Biden said the Chinese travel restrictions weren't necessary. No Biden has completely flip-flopped on that. And we all know who you're voting for. So you don't care when democrats were way, way wrong. Only when Trump is.
The only one lying about what Trump has said is you insisting he has never said or told the lies he has been accused of? Even after seeing them in print or video, hell hes even said he didn't say something he said during the same briefing.

Who the POTUS that's it... Biden can say what he wants he has no power

Again not sure how Democrats were way wrong at what point ? That his Travel ban didn't ban all travelers from China ? Or when he banned travel from the EU but not england
The disease is still here regardless. But you keep clinging to he banned China travel ...
I dont know what the reasons is you keep repeating this .. unless you think it changed or slowed the spread in the USA , haven't seen anything suggesting it did or didn't, unless over on fox
Old 04-09-2020, 08:54 AM   #156
PaulS

New research indicates that the coronavirus began to circulate in the New York area by mid-February, weeks before the first confirmed case, and that travelers brought in the virus mainly from Europe, not Asia.

“The majority is clearly European,” said Harm van Bakel, a geneticist at Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, who co-wrote a study awaiting peer review.

A separate team at N.Y.U. Grossman School of Medicine came to strikingly similar conclusions, despite studying a different group of cases. Both teams analyzed genomes from coronaviruses taken from New Yorkers starting in mid-March.

The research revealed a previously hidden spread of the virus that might have been detected if aggressive testing programs had been put in place.

On Jan. 31, President Trump barred foreign nationals from entering the country if they had been in China during the prior two weeks.
Old 04-09-2020, 09:14 AM   #157
Pete F.
Canceled

Donald J. Trump@realDonaldTrump·
Aug 2, 2014
The U.S. must immediately stop all flights from EBOLA infected countries or the plague will start and spread inside our "borders." Act fast!

If only he had been as concerned about Covid-19 and took the actions that previous presidents had.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-09-2020, 09:16 AM   #158
Sea Dangles

Hindsight is useful in these situations.👍🏿
Old 04-09-2020, 09:22 AM   #159
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
New research indicates that the coronavirus began to circulate in the New York area by mid-February, weeks before the first confirmed case, and that travelers brought in the virus mainly from Europe, not Asia.

“The majority is clearly European,” said Harm van Bakel, a geneticist at Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, who co-wrote a study awaiting peer review.

A separate team at N.Y.U. Grossman School of Medicine came to strikingly similar conclusions, despite studying a different group of cases. Both teams analyzed genomes from coronaviruses taken from New Yorkers starting in mid-March.

The research revealed a previously hidden spread of the virus that might have been detected if aggressive testing programs had been put in place.

On Jan. 31, President Trump barred foreign nationals from entering the country if they had been in China during the prior two weeks.

New research indicates
Old 04-09-2020, 09:27 AM   #160
Pete F.
Canceled

Don't worry, the documents will show that hindsight was not required.
All that was required was to listen and act.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-09-2020, 09:43 AM   #161
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Don't worry, the documents will show that hindsight was not required.
All that was required was to listen and act.
Who is worried Bitchslappedboy?

We have the greatest president of our lifetime steering the ship back towards prosperity . Consider yourself one of the fortunate. We live in the greatest country in the world.👌

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 04-09-2020, 09:53 AM   #162
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post

We have the greatest president of our lifetime steering the ship back towards prosperity .
Old 04-09-2020, 10:00 AM   #163
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
New research indicates
and his study is still waiting to be reviewed, but it makes trump
look bad, and that’s good enough. but trump isn’t supposed to say that hydroxychloroquine helps in some cases, because there hasn’t been a credible review.

so any news which might help trump, can’t be shared until
it is 100% credible. Any news that makes Trump look incompetent, is to be shared immediately.
Old 04-09-2020, 10:02 AM   #164
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
In one respect it is fitting, as folks here say Trump gets no respect, no respect at all.

On the other hand Trump would not drop his anchor on one of his constituents, because as Jim likes to say, it is all about the Judges.....

I did find this clip if Trump talking about his marriage though...

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 04-09-2020, 11:02 AM   #165
PaulS

Quote:
New research indicates
So I guess all those people with TDS can stop claiming that Trump's closing down some travel from China prevented more deaths.
Old 04-09-2020, 11:24 AM   #166
Pete F.
Canceled

The stupid hydroxychloroquine argument
CFR (case fatality rate) for Covid-19 is not determined yet but is believed to be between 1 and 4%.
Heart disease in some form is present in close to 50% of adult americans. Who among us doesn't know a seemingly healthy person who was killed by a heart attack?
Contradiction for hydroxychloroquine is heart disease and other issues and not all cases are apparent without testing.
Give hydroxychloroquine to 1000 patients of whom between 10 and 40 would have died from Covid-19.
How many people would need to die from side effects of hydroxychloroquine combined with heart disease to raise the CFR.
Anecdotally you would never notice the difference if it doubled the death rate, it would require a study to determine that.
Overloaded hospitals don't have time or resources to do a full workup on every suspected covid patient, they are just trying to keep them all alive.
But some would take it just because Trump* said to.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-09-2020, 11:33 AM   #167
detbuch

A doctor has to prescribe off label medicine. Generally, it would be your primary physician who would know of any contraindications. A doctor probably wouldn't prescribe it if the patient would likely be killed by the scrip. Unless, of course, the patient is about to die anyway, in which case if the patient agreed they could give it a try. Those without serious underlying heart conditions should not suffer life threatening reactions from hydroxychloroquine .
Old 04-09-2020, 12:03 PM   #168
wdmso

Pence Blocks Fauci, Birx from Appearing on CNN after Network Stops Airing Full White House Coronavirus Briefings

Here we go... CNN not showing the all of the dear leaders 2.5 hr mini rallies , is getting punished ....

I am interested on how this gets supported by anyone
Old 04-09-2020, 12:11 PM   #169
wdmso

AG Barr: Media Have Been on a ‘Jihad’ to Discredit Hydroxychloroquine

Guess his job is to defend Trump
Old 04-09-2020, 12:32 PM   #170
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
right probably nobody would have contracted it and/or died...like the rest of the world...good grief...
What a juvenile response, not one person on this forum, on any of the left leaning media news outlets, or any state governor has even suggested that is the case, grow up.
Old 04-09-2020, 12:35 PM   #171
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post

We have the greatest president of our lifetime steering the ship back towards prosperity . Consider yourself one of the fortunate. We live in the greatest country in the world.👌
Just to fing bad for those that died that maybe might not have contracted it, this administrations moto is the means justify the end.
Old 04-09-2020, 12:44 PM   #172
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
A doctor has to prescribe off label medicine. Generally, it would be your primary physician who would know of any contraindications. A doctor probably wouldn't prescribe it if the patient would likely be killed by the scrip. Unless, of course, the patient is about to die anyway, in which case if the patient agreed they could give it a try. Those without serious underlying heart conditions should not suffer life threatening reactions from hydroxychloroquine .
Your premise misses the fact that a considerable percentage of Americans do not have a primary care physician and that the population most affected by Covid-19 is the least likely to have any form of healthcare other than the emergency room. Communications with people other than the patient has also been greatly reduced during this emergency.
Hydroxychloroquine also seems to only be effective if given early in the course of treatment, not as a last resort.
Sorry no miracle there.
But feel free to be a test puppy.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-09-2020, 01:06 PM   #173
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Just to fing bad for those that died that maybe might not have contracted it, this administrations moto is the means justify the end.
I think you meant mojo

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 04-09-2020, 01:49 PM   #174
scottw

Quote:
genius...then you need to give him credit for the 2-4 million that haven't died so far too
Old 04-09-2020, 03:14 PM   #175
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Your premise misses the fact that a considerable percentage of Americans do not have a primary care physician

Nope, didn't miss it. It's not relevant to what I said--"A doctor has to prescribe" it. Can't get it without a doctor's prescription.

and that the population most affected by Covid-19 is the least likely to have any form of healthcare other than the emergency room.

Far as I know, emergency rooms require doctors.

Communications with people other than the patient has also been greatly reduced during this emergency.

Guess some patients are out of luck. They may not have a heart condition, but if they can't tell the docs that, then they won't get the med.

Hydroxychloroquine also seems to only be effective if given early in the course of treatment, not as a last resort.

Key words in your quote="seems to be . . . effective". It also "seems" to have helped some in later course.

Sorry no miracle there.

No more of a "miracle" than social distancing.

But feel free to be a test puppy.
Feel free not to take it, and to tell all your friends, relatives, and acquaintances not to take it.
Old 04-11-2020, 08:15 AM   #176
wdmso

Wow an attack on experts

What experts?

Trump is right a lot more than Fauci and Birx are.

If he had been wrong about any tiny detail by a factor of 10, the Fake Media would be playing the videos non-stop from now until Nov 3.

The ONLY person who has saved any lives in this mess is the President. The "experts" will end up causing tens of thousands of deaths from suicide, drug addiction, child abuse, and stress.
Old 04-12-2020, 01:41 PM   #177
wdmso

Dr. Fauci on CNN’s Tapper Show: Earlier Mitigation Could Have Saved Lives

Now the Trump faithful at it again

Faucii is an idiot or he is a dishonest hack trying to undermine the president. Either way he needs to go.
Old 04-12-2020, 02:07 PM   #178
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Dr. Fauci on CNN’s Tapper Show: Earlier Mitigation Could Have Saved Lives

Now the Trump faithful at it again

Faucii is an idiot or he is a dishonest hack trying to undermine the president. Either way he needs to go.
Earlier a lot of things could have saved lives. Earlier alert from China. Earlier alert from WHO which bowed to China's wishes. Fauci admitted that it was more complicated than making an earlier decision. As well, things could be worse if the ultimate decision was not made at the time it was. Good luck with the need to have the perfect decision at the perfect time.
Old 04-12-2020, 02:59 PM   #179
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Earlier a lot of things could have saved lives. .
if trump had ordered us all not to leave our homes back in november when he found out about this and ordered every american to be tested on a weekly basis ...he probably could have gotten out in front of this