Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 04-03-2020, 06:25 PM   #31
Pete F.
Canceled

Support on Capitol Hill among both Republicans and Democrats for an independent 9/11-style commission to investigate the country’s response to the coronavirus outbreak appears to be growing.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-03-2020, 07:13 PM   #32
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
This is another one of those Jim learned everything he knows by reading a single Fox News article sort of posts.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
so the guy from FL is
lying? the ceo of 3M started his response by denying price gouging, but that wasn’t the accusation. the accusation was denying safety gear to americans.

again, you have no issue with that.

i didn’t read anything in fox. i listened to what the Florida manager of the office of emergency management said. maybe you could try that. maybe that would be almost as informative as you rubbing one out to pictures of obama
Old 04-03-2020, 08:27 PM   #33
Pete F.
Canceled

There certainly is a liar in the administration

Back on February 7, the World Health Organization sounded alarm bells about "the limited stock of PPE," noting demand was 100 times higher than normal for this equipment.
Yet the same day as the WHO warning, the Trump administration announced that it was transporting to China nearly 17.8 tons (more than 35,000 pounds) of "masks, gowns, gauze, respirators, and other vital materials." As Secretary of State Mike Pompeo noted in the press release announcing this shipment, "These donations are a testament to the generosity of the American people."
Americans indeed are a generous people. We want to help those in need. And at the time these medical supplies were shipped, more than 28,000 people in China were infected with nearly 600 deaths attributed to the virus. But how could Trump allow tons of vital medical equipment Americans to be transported to another country in February if, as he has claimed that since January, he fully understood the risk the United States was facing from the virus. Other nations were building up their stockpiles while Trump did rallies, golfed and called it a hoax.

Now do a but............

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-03-2020, 09:08 PM   #34
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Said MRI1 in one of his typical infantile comments

Reporter asking Pres Trump what Jared Kushner meant when he said the national stockpile was "our" stockpile.

Trump calls the question "nasty" & says: "We need it for the federal govt...to keep for our country...because the federal govt needs it too not just the states."

WTF?
Glad you are impressed by the Stable Genius
Down 5 points on Rasmussen in past 3 days
McConnell is looking askance
Rest of Trumplicans are saying WTF
Watch him flail now
Be careful
Same jibba jabba
Different day
Cry wolf much Bitchslappedboy?

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 04-03-2020, 09:09 PM   #35
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
I'm not Angry. it's just I don't take his s*** I think he say classless vial scummy person.
No, you are vial.🤡🤡🤡

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 04-03-2020, 09:10 PM   #36
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
why are you so angry?
I reside in his tiny head.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 04-03-2020, 09:30 PM   #37
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
I reside in his tiny head.
And you have a big head? Did you ever learn the definition of nepotism? I'd be embarrassed to post here if I was as stupid as you are. Does it make you feel smart to point out typos?
Old 04-03-2020, 09:47 PM   #38
Sea Dangles

I will let you sleep wondering about the size of my head.😘
Old 04-03-2020, 09:50 PM   #39
PaulS

Quote:
Sorry for calling you 🧪
I will let you sleep wondering about the size of my head tough guy.
you still haven't told us about your sacrifice.

yeah I'm the internet tough guy who insultes everybody and doesn't post anything remotely on topic. Goodnight scumbag
Old 04-04-2020, 09:23 AM   #40
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
so the cdc and the army corps of engineers aren’t doing anything. very accurate.
Never said that.

Regarding masks and FL That’s simply not accurate. Florida is trying to buy masks from independent distributors who require proof of ability to pay which the states are often slow to produce... so the deals are going to other bidders. Could be other states, FEMA or foreign buyers. Read beyond the headlines Jim it’s all online.

The problem here isn’t 3M as much as an administration who seems to be terrified of demonstrating that the federal government has a role to play in protecting the people outside of the traditional military.
Old 04-04-2020, 10:09 AM   #41
Sea Dangles

No one can read between the lines like Jeff.🤦🏽#^&♂️
Old 04-04-2020, 10:15 AM   #42
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Never said that.

Regarding masks and FL That’s simply not accurate. Florida is trying to buy masks from independent distributors who require proof of ability to pay which the states are often slow to produce... so the deals are going to other bidders. Could be other states, FEMA or foreign buyers. Read beyond the headlines Jim it’s all online.

The problem here isn’t 3M as much as an administration who seems to be terrified of demonstrating that the federal government has a role to play in protecting the people outside of the traditional military.
"Never said that."

You said states are on there own, or it's every state for itself

"Florida is trying to buy masks from independent distributors"

Which is the way to buy 3M masks...

"ho require proof of ability to pay which the states are often slow to produce"

Show us some evidence, any evidence, that FL hasn't shown the ability to pay. Or are you making a wild assumption to defend your criticism of Trump. Go ahead.

"The problem here isn’t 3M as much as an administration'

Ahh, it's Trumps fault. Shocker.

"an administration who seems to be terrified of demonstrating that the federal government has a role to play in protecting the people"

Ok, to recap.

YOu said in another post that the feds aren't doing anything.

I pointed out that the CDC and army corps of engineers are doing a lot.

You then denied that you claimed the feds aren't doing anything.

Then you claimed the administration doesn't want to do anything.

You're all over the place. The only consistency, is your babylike deranged insistence that everything Trump says or does, must be incorrect.
Old 04-04-2020, 10:16 AM   #43
Jim in CT

Quote:
No one can read between the lines like Jeff.🤦🏽#^&♂️
And every single time he reads between the lines, what he sees is, orangemanbad. Never, ever anything else.
Old 04-04-2020, 12:09 PM   #44
Pete F.
Canceled

Three things are important for leadership in a crisis.

Consistency
Truth
Trust

They can't exist independently.

March 10, 2020: Tests
Trump: And when people need a test, they can get a test.

March 11, 2020: Coronavirus Insurance
Trump: Earlier this week, I met with the leaders of [the] health insurance industry who have agreed to waive all copayments for coronavirus treatments, extend insurance coverage to these treatments, and to prevent surprise medical billing.

March 13, 2020:Google and Drive Thru Testing
Trump: At the same time, we’ve been in discussions with pharmacies and retailers to make drive-thru tests available in the critical locations identified by public health professionals. The goal is for individuals to be able to drive up and be swabbed without having to leave your car.

I want to thank Google. Google is helping to develop a website. It’s going to be very quickly done, unlike websites of the past, to determine whether a test is warranted and to facilitate testing at a nearby convenient location. We have many, many locations behind us, by the way.

We cover the—this country in large part.

So the world, by the way—we’re not going to be talking about the world right now. But we cover very, very strongly our country. Stores in virtually every location. Google has 1,700 engineers working on this right now. They’ve made tremendous progress.

March 14, 2020: Paid Sick Leave
Trump:It also provides paid sick and family medical leave for those who need it, including for those who have the virus, for caregivers, and those looking after children affected by school closures. So that’s all taken care of also. And we’ll continue all of these different actions. We have other things planned.

March 17, 2020: Pandemic
Trump:I’ve always known this is a real, this is a pandemic,” Trump said. “I’ve felt it was a pandemic long before it was called a pandemic.

March 19, 2020: Chloroquine
Trump: Normally the FDA would take a long time to approve something like [chloroquine], and it’s—it was approved very, very quickly and it’s now approved by prescription.

March 20, 2020: Defense Production Act
Trump:I invoked the Defense Production Act, and last night, we put it into gear. . . . We invoked it, I think, the day before we signed it—the evening of the day before—and invoked it yesterday. We have a lot of people working very hard to do ventilators and various other things. Yes.

March 21, 2020: Ventilators
Trump:But there’s tremendous amounts of—not only masks—of ventilators and respirators and everything you can think of. It’s all being—much of it and almost, I could say, all of it is being manufactured right now. . . . I had three calls yesterday directly. Without having to institute—like, “You will do this”—these companies are making them right now. But to think of these numbers, it’s pretty—it’s pretty mind boggling.

March 23rd, 2020: Open For Business
Trump: America will again, and soon, be open for business—very soon—a lot sooner than three or four months that somebody was suggesting. A lot sooner. We cannot let the cure be worse than the problem itself. We’re not going to let the cure be worse than the problem.

March 25, 2020: Widespread Testing
Question: Dr. Ashish Jha, who is the head of Harvard’s Global Health Institute, says the key to getting this economy open as soon as possible is to test everyone who needs testing so we can quarantine all infected individuals and allow everyone else to go back to work immediately. Would you subscribe to that strategy?

Trump: Look, I saw him. I saw his statement. We have tested, by far, more than anybody. We’re testing more than anybody right now. There’s nobody even close. And our tests are the best tests.

March 26, 2020: China Travel Ban
Trump: We got very lucky when we made a decision not to allow people in from China at a very early date. I say that because some people don’t want to accept it.

March 27, 2020: 22 Days Ago, Nobody Saw This Coming
Trump: Even 22 days to be exact—right?—when we first started seeing some real signs of problems. . . . They were—I don’t want to say unprepared, but nobody was prepared for this. What we’ve done, nobody can even imagine. . . . Well, they say I had classified briefings a long time ago, which wasn’t true. But we’ve had briefings.

March 30, 2020: Nobody Had Any Idea
Trump: A month ago nobody ever heard of this—nobody had any idea.

March 31, 2020: Other People Were Downplaying The Virus
Trump:A lot of people have said, ride it out, don’t do anything, think of it as the flu. But it’s not the flu. It’s vicious.

On March 31st it went from, the I stopped it narrative, to it is an awful Plague and I alone can save you, otherwise millions will die. If only 200,000 die I will have done a great job.

I'm find it hard to believe that anyone's MAGA hat is that tight.

South Korea and the USA had first cases on the same day.

Both are democracies.

US has 294,000 positive test and 8000 deaths
South Korea has 10,500 positive test and 177 deaths
Exponential growth doesn't care about total population

Great job

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-04-2020, 12:16 PM   #45
Suburban

Quote:
There certainly is a liar in the administration

Back on February 7, the World Health Organization sounded alarm bells about "the limited stock of PPE," noting demand was 100 times higher than normal for this equipment.
Yet the same day as the WHO warning, the Trump administration announced that it was transporting to China nearly 17.8 tons (more than 35,000 pounds) of "masks, gowns, gauze, respirators, and other vital materials." As Secretary of State Mike Pompeo noted in the press release announcing this shipment, "These donations are a testament to the generosity of the American people."
Americans indeed are a generous people. We want to help those in need. And at the time these medical supplies were shipped, more than 28,000 people in China were infected with nearly 600 deaths attributed to the virus. But how could Trump allow tons of vital medical equipment Americans to be transported to another country in February if, as he has claimed that since January, he fully understood the risk the United States was facing from the virus. Other nations were building up their stockpiles while Trump did rallies, golfed and called it a hoax.

Now do a but............
I wonder how much $$$$$$ Trump got for the generous donations.
Oh nothing.. I forgot how much he loves China.
Then again the sooner China recovers the sooner workers can get back to there 60 hour a week $1.00 an hour job to make more of the Ivanka clothing line.
Old 04-04-2020, 06:50 PM   #46
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Three things are important for leadership in a crisis.

Consistency
Truth
Trust

They can't exist independently.

March 10, 2020: Tests
Trump: And when people need a test, they can get a test.

March 11, 2020: Coronavirus Insurance
Trump: Earlier this week, I met with the leaders of [the] health insurance industry who have agreed to waive all copayments for coronavirus treatments, extend insurance coverage to these treatments, and to prevent surprise medical billing.

March 13, 2020:Google and Drive Thru Testing
Trump: At the same time, we’ve been in discussions with pharmacies and retailers to make drive-thru tests available in the critical locations identified by public health professionals. The goal is for individuals to be able to drive up and be swabbed without having to leave your car.

I want to thank Google. Google is helping to develop a website. It’s going to be very quickly done, unlike websites of the past, to determine whether a test is warranted and to facilitate testing at a nearby convenient location. We have many, many locations behind us, by the way.

We cover the—this country in large part.

So the world, by the way—we’re not going to be talking about the world right now. But we cover very, very strongly our country. Stores in virtually every location. Google has 1,700 engineers working on this right now. They’ve made tremendous progress.

March 14, 2020: Paid Sick Leave
Trump:It also provides paid sick and family medical leave for those who need it, including for those who have the virus, for caregivers, and those looking after children affected by school closures. So that’s all taken care of also. And we’ll continue all of these different actions. We have other things planned.

March 17, 2020: Pandemic
Trump:I’ve always known this is a real, this is a pandemic,” Trump said. “I’ve felt it was a pandemic long before it was called a pandemic.

March 19, 2020: Chloroquine
Trump: Normally the FDA would take a long time to approve something like [chloroquine], and it’s—it was approved very, very quickly and it’s now approved by prescription.

March 20, 2020: Defense Production Act
Trump:I invoked the Defense Production Act, and last night, we put it into gear. . . . We invoked it, I think, the day before we signed it—the evening of the day before—and invoked it yesterday. We have a lot of people working very hard to do ventilators and various other things. Yes.

March 21, 2020: Ventilators
Trump:But there’s tremendous amounts of—not only masks—of ventilators and respirators and everything you can think of. It’s all being—much of it and almost, I could say, all of it is being manufactured right now. . . . I had three calls yesterday directly. Without having to institute—like, “You will do this”—these companies are making them right now. But to think of these numbers, it’s pretty—it’s pretty mind boggling.

March 23rd, 2020: Open For Business
Trump: America will again, and soon, be open for business—very soon—a lot sooner than three or four months that somebody was suggesting. A lot sooner. We cannot let the cure be worse than the problem itself. We’re not going to let the cure be worse than the problem.

March 25, 2020: Widespread Testing
Question: Dr. Ashish Jha, who is the head of Harvard’s Global Health Institute, says the key to getting this economy open as soon as possible is to test everyone who needs testing so we can quarantine all infected individuals and allow everyone else to go back to work immediately. Would you subscribe to that strategy?

Trump: Look, I saw him. I saw his statement. We have tested, by far, more than anybody. We’re testing more than anybody right now. There’s nobody even close. And our tests are the best tests.

March 26, 2020: China Travel Ban
Trump: We got very lucky when we made a decision not to allow people in from China at a very early date. I say that because some people don’t want to accept it.

March 27, 2020: 22 Days Ago, Nobody Saw This Coming
Trump: Even 22 days to be exact—right?—when we first started seeing some real signs of problems. . . . They were—I don’t want to say unprepared, but nobody was prepared for this. What we’ve done, nobody can even imagine. . . . Well, they say I had classified briefings a long time ago, which wasn’t true. But we’ve had briefings.

March 30, 2020: Nobody Had Any Idea
Trump: A month ago nobody ever heard of this—nobody had any idea.

March 31, 2020: Other People Were Downplaying The Virus
Trump:A lot of people have said, ride it out, don’t do anything, think of it as the flu. But it’s not the flu. It’s vicious.

On March 31st it went from, the I stopped it narrative, to it is an awful Plague and I alone can save you, otherwise millions will die. If only 200,000 die I will have done a great job.

I'm find it hard to believe that anyone's MAGA hat is that tight.

South Korea and the USA had first cases on the same day.

Both are democracies.

US has 294,000 positive test and 8000 deaths
South Korea has 10,500 positive test and 177 deaths
Exponential growth doesn't care about total population

Great job
Bitchslappedboy, these three things will sustain us. I know you hope for failure so you can shout from the top of your mountain.
“ see,told ya”
The world is changing.
America 1st

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 04-04-2020, 08:52 PM   #47
detbuch

South Korea and Taiwan already had infrastructures in place with adequate supplies to deal with a pandemic, partly because of the previous biological invasions from China, such as SARS. And they have a more compact area in which to mobilize procedures such as testing, as well as more uniform cultures which are willing to obey and cooperate with government guidelines and requests. As well as smaller populations which are not as unwieldly to monitor and thoroughly trace people to people contacts.

The U.S., supposedly, has an infrastructure and SOP in place. It heavily involves the States and local governments as being the front line with the greatest responsibility for fighting pandemics. But neither the federal nor the state and local governments had stocked or restocked the required supplies before Trump came to power, nor were consistently practicing readiness and awareness. So we had to waste time ramping up what should already been in place.

And SK and Taiwan are far more wary than Western countries of the reliability of any information that comes out of China.

China lied about the danger and extent of the covid-19 in Wuhan. And we reacted to China's initial downplay of the virus. It is estimated that China's lack of truth, time being of the essence, critically set back the rest of the world by two weeks or so in properly reacting.

The Trump administration, given the circumstances, has done a credibly, or better, job of actually doing more than our established guidelines for pandemic crises. It is actually doing much of what the states should have been doing. NY, of all places, the possible epicenter of any pandemic or terrorist attack, was woefully unprepared and hypocritically has tried to shift blame on Trump.

So, at this point, what we need is cooperation and effort across all sectors of our society--all hands on deck. Bitching and pointing fingers may be a way of winning an election, but it is a cynical disregard for the safety and well being of our people.
Old 04-04-2020, 09:05 PM   #48
Pete F.
Canceled

Baloney
Trump’s statements alone disprove every claim you made
His downplaying of the possibility of pandemic drove his administration to not pursue it with vigor.
He’s responsible for the death of thousands of Americans
Old 04-04-2020, 09:44 PM   #49
detbuch

Quote:
Baloney
Trump’s statements alone disprove every claim you made
His downplaying of the possibility of pandemic drove his administration to not pursue it with vigor.
He’s responsible for the death of thousands of Americans
I purposely did not reply specifically as a quote to you. I cannot have a rational discussion with you. We are mentally wired differently. And this reply is not to your opinion here. It would be futile to try to dissuade you from what you believe. You will, as you often put it, keep believing.
Old 04-04-2020, 09:47 PM   #50
detbuch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ature=emb_logo
Old 04-04-2020, 10:30 PM   #51
Pete F.
Canceled

It’s just the flu
Old 04-05-2020, 03:30 AM   #52
spence

Quote:
It certainly appears to have confused and inhibited government response, especially in republican led states where they still are resisting distancing measures, want open churches and beaches etc...

Sorry but the whole “don’t wash your hands to own the libs” attitude has been disasterous.
Old 04-05-2020, 07:09 AM   #53
wdmso

This seems to be the new front in defending Trump. China lied about the danger and extent of the covid-19 in Wuhan.

We spy on countries and know deeper secrets, we do not entrust our national intrest on China or any other country telling the Truth ,

The human intelligence and China actions left little doubt how bad it was ...

Trump and his administration bet against the wrong horse, it's just the flu horse

Yet now 3M is the lastest in His Blame game and deflections... it's ok for your own government to out bid Governors so Trump and Jared can say. Look I gave you xyz... stop your bitchen ..

And a sad truth is regardless if the death predictions are correct Trump supporters
Will see say see the experts were wrong if less deaths. If more Trumps great leadership saved us from how bad it could have been ...because he stopped flights from china .. social distancing medical staff will get no credit with this group

Its a cult of personality

Make NO mistake Democrats behind this with China---! Democrats fake impeachment didn't work so democrats went down another path 'Wuhan Virus' ...I am so angry right now--- Democrats de Blasio and Andrew Cuomo KILLING the patients in New York, they REFUSE to give the medicine to the patients and its all about going after president Trump--- Other states doing the same, following New York---

Last edited by wdmso; 04-05-2020 at 07:17 AM..
Old 04-05-2020, 07:52 AM   #54
Sea Dangles

He is clearly the greatest president of our lifetime..
Liberal fools!
🧀🧀🧀
Old 04-05-2020, 08:09 AM   #55
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
He is clearly the greatest president of our lifetime..
Liberal fools!
🧀🧀🧀
MRI1 you remind me of a character in a movie my grand kids liked recently Guardians of the Galaxy, in which there is a tree creature with only one three word line in the entire movie. If you had other talents or contributed some civil discourse, maybe you would remind me of a creature higher up on the evolutionary scale, but just like that dumb tree you keep repeating the same line over and over. Guess what that doesn't make it true, but you need to hear it and see it, so we ALL GET IT, you like this clown. Birds of a feather.
Old 04-05-2020, 08:25 AM   #56
Sea Dangles

Croot?
You call a talking tree dumb? Name a smart tree then!
Just as we all get that you don’t like him.
But that never stopped YOU from criticizing,this rings hollow to some.

Hypocrite much?
Old 04-05-2020, 08:27 AM   #57
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post

but just like that dumb tree you keep repeating the same line over and over.
wow...I can't believe YOU...just accused someone else of this
Old 04-05-2020, 08:52 AM   #58
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
wow...I can't believe YOU...just accused someone else of this
come on, just recently he had a thread called “change of pace”, where for a change of pace, he bashed trump. you’re saying he’s a one trick pony? get outta here...
Old 04-05-2020, 09:56 AM   #59
Pete F.
Canceled

Trump* is no conservative. He’s a lout, liar, fool and demagogue. An American Peron, though Peron actually served in the military. True conservatives despise him.
And the sad thing.. is that Republicans can never go back. Trump* is the Republican party of today.
For all eternity the words “conservative” and “Republican Party” will mean Trumpist, corona debacle, death, corrupt, criminal regime.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-05-2020, 10:49 AM   #60
scottw

Quote:

For all eternity the words “conservative” and “Republican Party” will mean Trumpist, corona debacle, death, corrupt, criminal regime.