Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 04-03-2013, 08:56 AM   #31
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by likwid View Post
You apparently can't differentiate between posturing and legitimate threats but I suppose every forum needs a class clown. Thanks for being there for us! I have some bubble wrap for you.

Show for the class the large scale mobilizations of troops NK has done to preempt war on the south.

I hope you have Adobe stock, Photoshop seems to be popular lately.
"You apparently can't differentiate between posturing and legitimate threats"

Maybe ScottW and I can't tell the difference. But it stands to reason that the top US commander in South Korea can tell the difference. Did you read Scott's post? He quoted the top US commander as saying this is not a threat to be ignored.

Likwid, just because someone disagrees with you, that alone doesn't mean they are a right-wing idiot.

No one wants to take any unnecessary steps. But we don't want to get caught with our pants down, either, like we did in Libya in September. Agreed?
Old 04-03-2013, 10:02 AM   #32
Sea Dangles

I think Ted gets a kick out of making jokes that are funny to him but loses focus on the issue at hand.To compare our role in this threat to what happened in Pakistan shows the absence of a clue in foreign policy,much like our our president. But the clever joke is his way of distracting the observers.Earth to Likwid;are you there?

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 04-03-2013, 05:40 PM   #33
PRBuzz
BuzzLuck

Send a message via Skype™ to PRBuzz
So now the NK army has the OK to use limited NUC's! US is sending missile defense battery to Guam.

Given the diversity of the human species, there is no “normal” human genome sequence. We are all mutants.
Old 04-04-2013, 04:12 AM   #34
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
I think Ted gets a kick out of making jokes that are funny to him but loses focus on the issue at hand.To compare our role in this threat to what happened in Pakistan shows the absence of a clue in foreign policy,much like our our president. But the clever joke is his way of distracting the observers.Earth to Likwid;are you there?
"clever" would be an awfully generous scoring by the judges...
Old 04-04-2013, 04:27 PM   #35
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRBuzz View Post
So now the NK army has the OK to use limited NUC's! US is sending missile defense battery to Guam.
Seeing it is almost definitely posturing rhetoric to make the capitalist running lackey dogs squirm under the tremor of fear as in open source they probably have not miniaturized a nuke small enough to sit on a rocket (think Satellite size - which is why their previous "satellite" launches are really worrisome) there is nothing to fear of SRBM/MRBM type systems. Sneaking a nuke into So Korea might be a different story but outside of the Korean Peninsular it should not be a concern. Chemical or Biological weapons could be a concern on MRBM through the second island chain, ie Guam / Marianas.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 04-04-2013, 04:40 PM   #36
spence

My understanding is the real risk is from the million plus howitzer shells over the border and 600,000 special forces they could send over the border to create chaos.

China will likely snub this before it boils over, last think they want is a nuke arms race.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 04-05-2013, 04:48 AM   #37
scottw

agree with Spence that it's not a nuke or bio threat on US territory likely but more and incident that spirals and resounds throughout the region, which is how most major conflicts tend to start, there is more tension in that region that just NK....our economy is intertwined throughout that area with allies and idealogical foes...disagree on China however, I think they are very content to have little brother causing us such angst...their main concern would be a stream of refugees over the border but they're beefing up the guns to deal with that and have already been turning back military defectors....they might use an opportunity like this to expand their influence and footprint which is the direction they've been inching toward for sometime drawing Japan in and others....interesting and comforting listening to the former undersecretary of defense yesterday explain that we've planned for virtually every possible scenario together with SK regarding their reaction to various actions by NK...but things never seem to go as planned

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...9251GU20130306

Last edited by scottw; 04-05-2013 at 05:01 AM..
Old 04-07-2013, 07:47 AM   #38
likwid
lobster = striper bait

Send a message via AIM to likwid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Maybe ScottW and I can't tell the difference. But it stands to reason that the top US commander in South Korea can tell the difference. Did you read Scott's post? He quoted the top US commander as saying this is not a threat to be ignored.
There's a very big difference between "taking threats seriously" and the flailing idiot bombing thoughts in this thread.

Smuggling a nuke into S Korea? That would imply N Korea had any form of competence. They can't even keep the electricity on 24/7.

And Dangles, can you even name the head of state of Pakistan? And why he was so upset over us killing OBL?

Ski Quicks Hole
Old 04-07-2013, 02:11 PM   #39
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Smuggling a nuke into S Korea? That would imply N Korea had any form of competence. They can't even keep the electricity on 24/7.
Fairly easy. Here is a quick three: Midget sub, mine, fishing boat.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 04-07-2013, 07:36 PM   #40
Sea Dangles

Quote:
There's a very big difference between "taking threats seriously" and the flailing idiot bombing thoughts in this thread.

And Dangles, can you even name the head of state of Pakistan? And why he was so upset over us killing OBL?
What does that have to do with you making dopey innuendoes and occasionally demonstrating a lack of understanding?If you are asking if I read the news the answer is yes,whether I believe all I read is in question.BTW,on a global scale,doesn't the fact they are enriching uranium demonstrate a credible level of competence? Are we preparing ourselves for the event of a possible attack because our leader is incompetent?Hmmmm.....

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 04-08-2013, 05:36 AM   #41
scottw

Quote:

can you name more than one individual who expressed the
thought(s) that you describe in this thread?