Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 01-29-2019, 01:55 PM   #61
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Simply put,without the subsidies only a fool with money to burn would put in solar.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
geothermal was so expensive, it had a very low return on investment, and only if you stayed in your house forever.

I leased my panels, cost me $0. I save about $400 a year. I will have to pay between 500 and 1,000 when I need a new roof, to take the panels off and put them back on, so that will eat a year of savings. And there's always a risk that when I sell my house, no one wants panels, that's a rick, I had to do a 25 year lease, I'm stuck for 25 years.
Old 01-29-2019, 02:17 PM   #62
wdmso

Quote:
Simply put,without the subsidies only a fool with money to burn would put in solar.

Would you say only a fool would put money into the automobile when Ford floated his idea . because we all ready have the Horse and carriage
Old 01-29-2019, 02:43 PM   #63
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Solar farms make putting panels up a none starter for sure, plenty of solar opportunities out there, without having to throw panels up on your roof. We joined a solar co-opt and cut our costs without the expense.
Old 01-29-2019, 03:20 PM   #64
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post

carbon based vehicles

what vehicles would this include?
Old 01-29-2019, 03:28 PM   #65
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Would you say only a fool would put money into the automobile when Ford floated his idea . because we all ready have the Horse and carriage
No, you said that.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 01-29-2019, 04:25 PM   #66
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
what vehicles would this include?
Don’t know channel 5 reported it at lunch, without to many details.
Old 01-29-2019, 04:58 PM   #67
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Don’t know channel 5 reported it at lunch, without to many details.
give it a shot...
Old 01-29-2019, 05:25 PM   #68
wdmso

Quote:
No, you said that.
yep but you were thinking it
Old 01-29-2019, 06:10 PM   #69
scottw

the leftists have been feeling very clairvoyant lately
Old 01-29-2019, 06:12 PM   #70
Jim in CT

Quote:
the leftists have been feeling very clairvoyant lately
they’re never wrong...
Old 01-29-2019, 06:57 PM   #71
scottw

every time I drive through boston I wish they would ban carbon based life forms
Old 01-29-2019, 08:04 PM   #72
Sea Dangles

Quote:
yep but you were thinking it
No, you were.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 01-30-2019, 05:07 PM   #73
Pete F.
Canceled

"I think God calls all of us to fill different roles at different times and I think that he wanted Donald Trump to become president," Sanders said. "And that's why he's there, and I think he has done a tremendous job in supporting a lot of the things that people of faith really care about."
Old 01-31-2019, 05:20 AM   #74
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
"I think God calls all of us to fill different roles at different times and I think that he wanted Donald Trump to become president," Sanders said. "And that's why he's there, and I think he has done a tremendous job in supporting a lot of the things that people of faith really care about."
I saw that but if i posted it I would be picking on her.

but it will be defended as she is entitled to her 1st amendments rights.. (even if she is the mouthpiece of the administration)

the right will ignore the position she holds and some will hear it a policy and rejoice at Trump divinity the rest all ready believe he was appointed by God anyway
Old 01-31-2019, 06:41 AM   #75
Jim in CT

Quote:
I saw that but if i posted it I would be picking on her.

but it will be defended as she is entitled to her 1st amendments rights.. (even if she is the mouthpiece of the administration)

the right will ignore the position she holds and some will hear it a policy and rejoice at Trump divinity the rest all ready believe he was appointed by God anyway
you’re right, i see nothing wrong with that statement. trump’s policies, not his personal behavior, are way more in line with christian beliefs, than hilary’s. is this news to you? you didn’t know this?

you and pete are surprised she believes in god? are you offended at any and all references to god?
Old 01-31-2019, 06:56 AM   #76
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
you’re right, i see nothing wrong with that statement. trump’s policies, not his personal behavior, are way more in line with christian beliefs, than hilary’s. is this news to you? you didn’t know this?

you and pete are surprised she believes in god? are you offended at any and all references to god?
Once again you spout gibberish and claim that I said something
And do a typical but Hillary

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-31-2019, 06:57 AM   #77
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
And do a typical but Hillary
well...that was the choice...Trump or Hillary...remember?
Old 01-31-2019, 07:09 AM   #78
scottw

Quote:

you and pete are surprised she believes in god?

what he's saying is if not for the first amendment she would not be allowed to say stuff like that
Old 01-31-2019, 07:22 AM   #79
wdmso

Quote:

Not surprise you don’t understand and thanks making my point
Old 01-31-2019, 07:48 AM   #80
Jim in CT

Quote:
Not surprise you don’t understand and thanks making my point
you’re right, i don’t understand the point of this post. i presume the point is that it’s weird to think that gods will is reflected in the things that happen around us. i would not be shocked for you and pete tobfeel tjat way, many people feel that way. there are also many people who think god is everywhere. different strokes. doesn’t seem very tolerant, to mick her for feeling differently than you do...
Old 01-31-2019, 09:06 AM   #81
Pete F.
Canceled

Perhaps this might explain why I as a Christian am concerned about Trump and many of his policies.
I certainly do not think he was a gift from God and I shouldn't say he is the spawn of Satan, I wouldn't do that, would I?

As the president offers a sympathetic ear – and policies to match – critics see a de facto advisory committee, violating federal law

Jessica Glenza in The Guardian

The religious right ‘has a partnership at the highest level of government’, says the CEO of Americans United for Separation of Church and State.

The US health secretary sat for an interview with a man experts say is the leader of a hate group known for “defaming gays and lesbians”, just two days after Karen Pence, the US second lady, was criticized for teaching at a Christian school that bans homosexuality.

Alex Azar, secretary of health and human services, was interviewed by the Family Research Council President, Tony Perkins, at an anti-abortion event called ProLifeCon in mid-January.

“We are the department of life,” Azar told Perkins, “from conception until natural death, through all of our programs.” He then rattled off victories – new policies that make it difficult to obtain an abortion, including allowing healthcare workers to refuse to treat patients based on moral objections. “The right of conscience is as foundational as the right to life.”

Alex Azar, the US health secretary, called his department ‘the department of life’. Photograph: Michael Reynolds/EPA
Perkins has falsely claimed homosexuality is linked with pedophilia, advocated for parents’ rights to send children to harmful conversion therapy, and said about transgender people: “I mean, what’s to keep you from saying that you’re an animal?”

The interview is the latest example of how a narrow slice of the American right has gained unprecedented access to the White House, as defining Trump statements have emboldened the antisemitic far right and Trump administration policies put the brakes on Muslim immigration.

“It’s an ugly story about the politicization about one of America’s most sacred symbols: religious freedom,” said Laser. “It’s also a story about one narrow slice of America, the religious right, trying to hold on to their power in a country that is quickly becoming less white and less Christian. It is a true religious threat to Americans.”

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-31-2019, 11:46 AM   #82
wdmso

Quote:
you’re right, i don’t understand the point of this post. i presume the point is that it’s weird to think that gods will is reflected in the things that happen around us. i would not be shocked for you and pete tobfeel tjat way, many people feel that way. there are also many people who think god is everywhere. different strokes. doesn’t seem very tolerant, to mick her for feeling differently than you do...
my point is Sarah Sanders is a representative of the United States do to her position as a spokesperson of President Trump

I take it issue of her using that position to suggest God has a higher power to solve the problems of the United States or that it was God’s intervention in some crazy way of that is the reason why Trump is president .

She’s free to believe in any god and pray for guidance for herself if she wants

I do have a issue with that when she is using that position to forward that message publicly

is not appropriate. For anyone reguardless of what they believe
Old 01-31-2019, 11:50 AM   #83
scottw

Quote:
my point is Sarah Sanders is a representative of the United States do to her position as a spokesperson of President Trump

I take it issue of her using that position to suggest God has a higher power to solve the problems of the United States or that it was God’s intervention in some crazy way of that is the reason why Trump is president .

She’s free to believe in any god and pray for guidance for herself if she wants

I do have a issue with that when she is using that position to forward that message publicly

is not appropriate. For anyone reguardless of what they believe
get a grip...
Old 01-31-2019, 01:14 PM   #84
wdmso

Quote:
get a grip...
Says the man who obsesses over AOC
Old 01-31-2019, 02:24 PM   #85
scottw