Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Grumpy Old Pharts Board

Grumpy Old Pharts Board Gerritol, Ex-Lax, Immodium, Bad Breath - all requirements for the Grumpy Board

Old 07-23-2008, 09:36 AM   #1
Van
zoom

My stinkin neighbor II

No not about some big guy cutting wood !!!

But across my street there is a HUGE 3-family house which is occupied by only a couple of "guys". (say no more).

Now you have to picture my street in Quincy which is extremely narrow, short, curved and downhill on either side, with mostly 2 family homes (like mine). So needless to say parking is an issue.

Anyway this neighbor decided to have his drive repaved. They did the job in two days, drive, sidewalk, and a huge parking area behind the house. That was 3 weeks ago tomorrow!!! He still has it roped off. Roped off for who though ?? He only has one minivan, and nonone else goes in his drive.

The rub is he parks in front of his driveway entrance which is right across from my driveway. Making it very very difficult for us to get out. I had to do a 7 point turn yesterday to get out. A couple of mornings I got up real early to go fishing I "accidently" broke the caution tape and knocked down the stick holding it hoping he would get the message that he is in the way of our getting in and out.

Plus the real kicker is I can't really say anything to him as he and his "partner" are deaf. Last week their car alarm went off at 11 at night while they were standing on the sidewalk right next to it. Guess what,,,,,they didn't know it was screaming cause they didn't hear it !!!!! Woke up the whole neighbor hood. Houses here are a full 20 feet apart. I can't yell out my window at them they won't hear me....SO the alarm keeps going for 5 minutes till he noticed the lights flashing.

He has seen me struggling to exit my dirveway but does not seem to get the message. He can park further down and it wont be a problem, but NOOOO...he parks right across from us.

Anyway, it seems to me that 3 weeks for an asphault drive is way way too long to wait. and he only has 1 vehicle so he could park it in different spots each day to not sink in if that would even happen at this point. Calling the cops is a bad idea, because technically there is no overnight parking in Quincy without a permit. But they usually don't bother anyone, there are cars everywhere on streets.

All I can think of doing is taking the spots on either side of his driveway with my vehicles, leaving my dirveway empty. But that is a burden on my other "nice" neighbors. Plus the misses does not want to aggravat him..... Yea but he is aggravting us !!!!!!!!!!

Thats my grump for today. The tape is still there this morning. I think the paving company told him 3 days, and he lip read 3 weeks, or maybe 3 months !!!!!
I think he is a royal idiot....and could care less about anyone else.

~..~..~.. ><((((º>
Things done at the last possible minute are done with the greatest possible information. Procrastination is, therefore, the most efficient means of doing things.
Van is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 11:08 AM   #2
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

Van

Get a TDY telphone and text him messages. Might be his way of asserting himself in the hood. You know like peeing on all four corners of his property.

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman
Swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 11:23 AM   #3
Slipknot
Super Moderator

why can't you just write a note and hand it to him to enlighten him of the situation?
Slipknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 11:30 AM   #4
saltfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipknot View Post
why can't you just write a note and hand it to him to enlighten him of the situation?
seems pretty simple to me.
saltfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 01:25 PM   #5
Van
zoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipknot View Post

Wife won't let me !!!!!

Doesn't want to aggravate them.........

I'd tell her.....YEA, what about ME>>>>> its all about ME !!!!!!!!
But I don't want to end up in the hospital...LOL

~..~..~.. ><((((º>
Things done at the last possible minute are done with the greatest possible information. Procrastination is, therefore, the most efficient means of doing things.
Old 07-23-2008, 01:27 PM   #6
teaser
Wave Jumper

Just have someone steal his minivan, problem solved ... JUST KIDDING!!!!

Good idea on just writing a little note and handing it to him to read, no mis-communication there and I'm sure he'd appreciate that method of communication.

I have a couple of customers that are deaf and this method works well with them.

He probably has no idea how it's affecting you and the Mrs. and you's might even become better neighbors after this, you sound like no one else bothers with them and this may be a chance to "get to know your neighbors" and biuld a better understanding of things.

Just my .02

Insanity is a long and winding road ... I think I finally made it there.
teaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 01:33 PM   #7
Van
zoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaser View Post
Just have someone steal his minivan, problem solved ... JUST KIDDING!!!!

Good idea on just writing a little note and handing it to him to read, no mis-communication there and I'm sure he'd appreciate that method of communication.

I have a couple of customers that are deaf and this method works well with them.

He probably has no idea how it's affecting you and the Mrs. and you's might even become better neighbors after this, you sound like no one else bothers with them and this may be a chance to "get to know your neighbors" and biuld a better understanding of things.

Just my .02

I just might have to do it anyway.

But can anyone tell me if waiting 3 weeks to drive on an aspault driveway is excessive???? Seems it to me. That would sure be a problem on the SE expressway.

~..~..~.. ><((((º>
Old 07-23-2008, 01:37 PM   #8
Gloucester2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van View Post
Wife won't let me !!!!!

Doesn't want to aggravate them.........

I'd tell her.....YEA, what about ME>>>>> its all about ME !!!!!!!!
But I don't want to end up in the hospital...LOL
You listen to your wife

Leave a note on his windsheild signed by: Your Neighbors . . . should keep you and the wife
Gloucester2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 01:56 PM   #9
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

You know Van, they might feel more like they both belong in the hood if you did speak to them about the problem. Just because they are deaf doesn't mean thier dumb. One day is all it takes for a driveway to be driven on. A road is less because no one is doing sharp turns on it like you will pulling/turning into a driveway. He is way overdue on using his.

Van I didn't mean dumb in the same sense as a lower IQ. I meant dumb as in they probably know what thier doing but since no one has bitched to them they probably think no one is bothered.

Last edited by Swimmer; 07-29-2008 at 09:07 AM..

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Old 07-23-2008, 03:14 PM   #10
Jimbo

You should speak to them directly if you know they read lips. Then play the wife as the excuse. Just say that you're afraid your wife is going to clip the minivan when she's backing out and could they move it either back or forward until they can use the driveway again.
Jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 03:21 PM   #11
Van
zoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimmer View Post
You know Van, they might feel more like they both belong in the hood if you did speak to them about the problem. Just because they are deaf doesn't mean thier dumb. One day is all it takes for a driveway to be driven on. A road is less because no one is doing sharp turns on it like you will pulling/turning into a driveway. He is way overdue on using his.
I know they are not dumb, but I hardly ever see them to talk to them. They hang indoors alot. If they don't open that driveway, I will just have to leave them a note and let the chips fall. I'll say nada to the mrs....

~..~..~.. ><((((º>
Old 07-23-2008, 04:51 PM   #12
Backbeach Jake

Just walk over, introduce youself if you haven't already, and ask, "Could you do me a beg favor". If he does and he probably will, then everything is cool. If he doesn't, back into his friggin minivan and apologize saying "I just knew that would happen, I'm SOOOOO sorry".

He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself.
Thomas Paine
Backbeach Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 05:33 PM   #13
Grapenuts

Deaf people don't bite...take a note pad big enough for both of you to write on and walk your arse across the street and ask your questions....never mind this note on the windsheild crap..face to face is the only right way to do this.
Grapenuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 05:40 PM   #14
spence

Not sure what being gay has to do with the issue

Just go talk to him, he can probably read lips, be a man.

-spence
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 06:20 PM   #15
Redsoxticket

Call your local police and you may just find out that it is illegal to block a driveway of a dwelling.
I blocked the driveway of my brothers three family which have no tenents except family of which then was told by this cop that it is illegal. Hope this helps.
Redsoxticket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 08:04 AM   #16
Van
zoom

Maybe he is on S-B.com, because when I got home last night, the driveway was open and his minivan was not in front.

Or he figured out that after 3 weeks the aspault is hard

I know what you are all saying, but this guy does not even look our way when we do see him. We have been there for 20 years, he has been there for less than 2. He may have more of an issue with approaching people than most. Either way grumpage is over.

But I have another neighbor that is a piece of work too !!!!
She was having the big old coal furnaces replaced (after I did mine) and she told me she stripped the asbestos off the old furnaces and pipes herself because she didn't want to pay professionals to do it (like I did !). I told her it was very hazardous and all the dust needs to be removed. But don't worry, she vacuumed it up with her electrolux !!!! Of yea she put the ripped trash bags of asbestos in the regular trash for pick up....How many violations happened here?????..and she rents both apartments........The list goes on and on.....

~..~..~.. ><((((º>
Old 07-24-2008, 03:57 PM   #17
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Wink

Just think though, Van, when you retire someday,

stuff like this will keep ya goin.

" Choose Life "
justplugit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 06:21 AM   #18
Raven

the problem is solved

you might have called the paving company

to do your talking for you....

they must have a text reader (right?)
~
same thing with the asbestos lady....

as they owe you for services rendered

as a courtesy.
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 07:49 AM   #19
reelecstasy
Boston Anglah

Location: Sitting on top of the world with my legs hangin free
"My wife won't let me..." I cannot believe you wrote that, lol......
Instead of ignoring/letting it slide because they are deaf, you could have just written a note explaining the situation and the inconvenience it is causing you. Maybe, just maybe, you might find a new bff.....
or, maybe you should learn sign language.

Used hard and put away dirty....
reelecstasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 08:14 AM   #20
Van
zoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by reelecstasy View Post
"My wife won't let me..." I cannot believe you wrote that, lol......
Instead of ignoring/letting it slide because they are deaf, you could have just written a note explaining the situation and the inconvenience it is causing you. Maybe, just maybe, you might find a new bff.....
or, maybe you should learn sign language.

Who are you, and how do you know me???????

~..~..~.. ><((((º>
Old 07-29-2008, 08:43 AM   #21
reelecstasy
Boston Anglah

Old 07-29-2008, 09:09 AM   #22
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van View Post
Who are you, and how do you know me???????
Your the striper swiper Van right?

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Old 07-29-2008, 09:23 AM   #23
reelecstasy
Boston Anglah

ya, that's him. He is just getting older now, so he's becoming more cantankerous.

Old 07-29-2008, 09:57 AM   #24
Van
zoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by reelecstasy View Post
ya, that's him. He is just getting older now, so he's becoming more cantankerous.
Not getting older,,,,,ALREADY THERE !!!!

AND DAMMET !!! Whats cantankerous mean ????

~..~..~.. ><((((º>