Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 09-22-2013, 11:54 AM   #1
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
And that there is the irony.

-spence
When we annually spend 600billion to 1 trillion more dollars than we take in receipts - yes, we can't afford it.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 09-22-2013, 12:22 PM   #2
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
When we annually spend 600billion to 1 trillion more dollars than we take in receipts - yes, we can't afford it.
The irony is that I believe we spend about twice what other industrialized nations spend on health care...but we can't afford it.

-spence
Old 09-22-2013, 12:47 PM   #3
buckman

Quote:
The irony is that I believe we spend about twice what other industrialized nations spend on health care...but we can't afford it.

-spence
I think it's the same with education . Truth be told we do have the best health care .... Not so much for education
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 09-22-2013, 12:59 PM   #4
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Where do we rank compared to the rest of the world for deadbeat handouts (welfare) ?

Bet we are number 1 & number 2 is not close !

QUOTE=buckman;1014693]I think it's the same with education . Truth be told we do have the best health care .... Not so much for education
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device[/QUOTE]

LETS GO BRANDON
Old 09-22-2013, 01:00 PM   #5
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
I think it's the same with education . Truth be told we do have the best health care .... Not so much for education
This was rated not to long ago by the WHO...The US came in 37th.

-spence
Old 09-22-2013, 02:13 PM   #6
buckman

Quote:
This was rated not to long ago by the WHO...The US came in 37th.

-spence
You are correct . And 1 in spending .
I don't anticipate either ranking being improved with Obama care
Old 09-23-2013, 07:33 PM   #7
detbuch

Quote:

-spence
Who are referring to when you say "we"? Can you afford what you pay for health care? Are you going into unsustainable debt because of it? "We" can bitch about the constantly rising costs, but we pay them. If we didn't the health care industry could not exist. And who are the "we" of "other industrialized nations"? Are they individual citizens or are they governments? And are those governments spending their nations into debt?

And is the health care you get worse than what those in "other industrialized nations" get? Are "we" who pay through third party insurance or out of pocket getting worse healthcare than those in "other industrialized" nations. And if the health care that "we" who pay for it is worse, how will Obamacare make it better for us who pay?
Old 09-23-2013, 07:50 PM   #8
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
And is the health care you get worse than what those in "other industrialized nations" get? Are "we" who pay through third party insurance or out of pocket getting worse healthcare than those in "other industrialized" nations. And if the health care that "we" who pay for it is worse, how will Obamacare make it better for us who pay?
And that there is the irony....
Old 09-23-2013, 06:59 AM   #9
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
but John, but John....what about all of the women and children dying in the streets because they've been turned away from hospitals because they could not afford unaffordable healthcare????? surely we can afford it?????

sure we can....."YES WE CAN".....haven't you heard that increasing our debt ceiling and exploding our spending isn't really spending more money or increasing our debt (it's actually the path out of debt), it's simply paying for promises and money that we've already spent and we've already promised OBAMACARE and we're not a Banana Republic(though there are a lot of similarities currently) and we aren't deadbeats and we pay our bills or at least borrow more money to pay our bills....we need to expect to spend or need to spend whatever we have to spend to keep people moderately happy and crooks in office regardless of their actual needs, whatever figure you ascribe to healthcare cost is going to be spent by "WE" anyway right?.... so it makes much more sense to have the government provide it for everyone and do whatever it deems necessary to either pay for it, promise to pay for it or claim or arrange to pay for it at some undetermined point in the future at the same time constantly referring to it as "affordable" like everything else that they currently "pay" for....

just raise the OBAMACARE CEILING, which I believe has already been raised several times and significantly, just keep raising.....who cares???

everything appears "affordable" when you don't have a budget...or a conscience
Old 09-23-2013, 10:15 AM   #10
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
but John, but John....what about all of the women and children dying in the streets because they've been turned away from hospitals because they could not afford unaffordable healthcare????? surely we can afford it?????

sure we can....."YES WE CAN".....haven't you heard that increasing our debt ceiling and exploding our spending isn't really spending more money or increasing our debt (it's actually the path out of debt), it's simply paying for promises and money that we've already spent and we've already promised OBAMACARE and we're not a Banana Republic(though there are a lot of similarities currently) and we aren't deadbeats and we pay our bills or at least borrow more money to pay our bills....we need to expect to spend or need to spend whatever we have to spend to keep people moderately happy and crooks in office regardless of their actual needs, whatever figure you ascribe to healthcare cost is going to be spent by "WE" anyway right?.... so it makes much more sense to have the government provide it for everyone and do whatever it deems necessary to either pay for it, promise to pay for it or claim or arrange to pay for it at some undetermined point in the future at the same time constantly referring to it as "affordable" like everything else that they currently "pay" for....

just raise the OBAMACARE CEILING, which I believe has already been raised several times and significantly, just keep raising.....who cares???

everything appears "affordable" when you don't have a budget...or a conscience
Since, in our great democracy, We The People are ultimately the government, or so we were once led to believe, we need to return back to each individual citizen a piece of the power we relinquished to the few folks who act as overlords. We originally gave them a few, but important, duties and left the greater responsibilities for our lives to ourselves. Since they have decided that we are not capable of fulfilling those responsibilities, and taken them from us, and showed how it can be done, we should now, having learned from them how to do it, take back those responsibilities now fully armed by the knowledge imparted to us by their superior wisdom. We can now solve our problems in the way they have showed us. We can demand, through our representatives (ha-ha) that we each can "monetize" our debt by selling individual securities (backed by the full faith and credit of our government which is ultimately We The People) to the Federal Reserve. And we can each have unlimited spending power backed by unlimited borrowing (monetizing) power (supported by annual debt ceiling raises) enabling each of us to enjoy all the fruits of whatever anyone else (if they still exist) produces. Why should we leave such power to "representatives" and those who supposedly serve us (for our own good) if we can keep it for ourselves.