Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 08-26-2010, 04:17 PM   #1
FishermanTim

The "Hindenburg Omen"

They are now using the crash of an airship in 1937 as a key indicator as to whether the stock market is going to crash or not.

I guess we'll have to wait for the "Pamela Anderson Boob Omen" to learn whether or not we'll ever have flying cars!

Can the market analysts get any more retarded?
(Disclaimer: My use of the word is correct in this case. It is not meant as an insult aimed at those born with genetic abnormalities, but rather describing those that WILLINGLY choose to be professionally stupid!)

Here are a few "Gems" from the news story posted on Fox25's website:
..."We've never had a heavy sell-off without a Hindenburg Omen, but we've had Hindenburg Omens without a sell-off...
So either it will happen or it won't, but we'll be ready! D'OH!!!!

...The "Hindenburg Omen" has been triggered twice in August prompting the Omen's creator, Jim Miekka, to exit the market"...
It's gonna happen cause I said it will, and my pulling out ALL of my money will not have ANY effect whatsoever! Yeah, right!

...""The Hindenburg Omen is index specific to the NYSE with seemingly exact requirements. … This type of exactitude is often a result of statistical curve-fitting and this signals caution. It's what I call a prima-donna indicator rather than a robust analysis tool."
HUH??? This from a company called "Guppytrader".... OK, I'm sold.

We are truly doomed, not from natural disaster, but by "mental giants" like these.
OK, maybe there is some truth to what they are saying, but can they try and SOUND LIKE they know what theyu are talking about?
Old 08-26-2010, 04:22 PM   #2
Piscator

they do this crazy stuff every year with this event...............nuts