Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 05-09-2020, 11:05 AM   #121
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Not only is he insecure. He is also lacking integrity.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
In what way?

Didn't you say I stole someone's secret spots? And I told you I haven't fished any spots that people from this site took me to so no one could truthfully say that. So why do you think it is ok to lie like that?

Rollie - That is one of the reasons I think you are a vile scummy person.
Old 05-09-2020, 11:08 AM   #122
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
And you voted for a woman who married a predator, lied to protect him, and slut-shamed his victims on TV. A woman who said people who disagree with her (fellow American citizens) are deplorable.Didn't she apologize? You overlooked her deep flaws and voted for her anyway. Right? So it's OK when you ignore your candidate's personal behavior, but a character flaw when Republicans do it.

Character wasn't on the ballot in 2016. Nor will it be in 2020. In November, you're going to vote for a man who told blacks that Romney "wants to put y'all back in chains".

But it's OK when you do it.
I weighed all the insults from each and Trump's outweigh any hundred other individuals.
Old 05-09-2020, 11:12 AM   #123
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
For the 8th time - That is asking the question why post the rules if he is not going to inforce them?
In force
🤡
Dumb

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 05-09-2020, 11:13 AM   #124
Sea Dangles

Quote:
In what way?

Didn't you say I stole someone's secret spots? And I told you I haven't fished any spots that people from this site took me to so no one could truthfully say that. So why do you think it is ok to lie like that?

Rollie - That is one of the reasons I think you are a vile scummy person.
Because I only know people from this site... keep lying

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 05-09-2020, 11:14 AM   #125
PaulS

Quote:
Because I only know people from this site... keep lying
HA HA

Rollie, so what am I lying about?
Old 05-09-2020, 11:15 AM   #126
PaulS

Quote:
In force
��
Dumb
Rollie and his HS education. Pointing out a typo. what a child. Is that an attempt to make you feel good about yourself bc you're a loser?

Don't you have any pride not making any $?
Old 05-09-2020, 11:18 AM   #127
detbuch

Quote:
He confused me with Pete and then when I said something like I was going to post the same thing to Pete it was about trumps claiming that since the Central Park five confesed they were guilty yet he he's changing his argument with Flynn who plead guilty.

I didn't confuse you with Pete. I pointed out that you agreed (without qualification) to Pete's statement. You didn't specify which part of his statement. Any reasonable person would have assumed you agreed with his statement. Perhaps you didn't know what he meant by "he still does."

You insult so many people you don't even recognize insults anymore.

You consider what I said an insult? How was it an insult?

It also said I attempted to "twist, interpret, conjecture, insinuate, characterize what Trump said". He also said something like I accused Trump of racism. And I did none of those things.

I didn't say that you did any of that. I referred to general comments that were being made and implied (including by Pete) against Trump re the ad, didn't mention you. But if you want to take it personally, that's you're prerogative.

Nor was any of it meant as an insult. Pointing out that someone twists, interprets, conjectures, insinuates, or characterizes, is not inherently an insult. Nor did I say that you said Trump is a racist. I pointed out, correctly, that "there is this attempt to characterize it [the ad] as racist." There absolutely has been that attempt by anti-Trumpers, including Pete. Didn't mention you. The only thing I said in that paragraph that was directed at you, actually agreed with you that Trump is a sloppy talker (well put actually), but disagreed that the ad was sloppily written.

Here's an idea why don't you try acting like a grown up for a couple hours and stop with the insults and see what type of responses you get.
You might want to be less sensitive or defensive (this is not an insult), and not take personally things that are not referring directly to you. And you might want to tighten up the scope of what you consider an insult (this is not an insult).
Old 05-09-2020, 11:39 AM   #128
Sea Dangles

Quote:
HA HA

Rollie, so what am I lying about?
It’s fine,rocks are not personal property. A little honesty would not hurt on occasion. Make your Dad proud for a change.
And please stop whining, your husband is even embarrassed 😩

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 05-09-2020, 11:42 AM   #129
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Rollie and his HS education. Pointing out a typo. what a child. Is that an attempt to make you feel good about yourself bc you're a loser?

Don't you have any pride not making any $?
I am content with what I have. I spend my time helping those in need now. The good news is that leaves more for you,perhaps you can get some new bike shorts.👍🏿

Post pics💪🏻

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 05-09-2020, 11:44 AM   #130
Jim in CT

Quote:
I weighed all the insults from each and Trump's outweigh any hundred other individuals.
Ahh, I see! So you, and only you, get to decide what sins are forgivable, and which are not. I'm so sorry Paul, somehow I missed that announcement that you are the arbiter of such things.

Who cares if she apologized? If Trump apologized, would you accept it and forget everything? After Hilary lost, she blamed every force on earth for her defeat, except her own shortcomings, so there's zero evidence the apology was sincere.

At that level, almost all are scumbags, so you're voting for whose policy you like better. That's what you do, it's what I do.
Old 05-09-2020, 11:45 AM   #131
Jim in CT

Quote:
For the 8th time - That is asking the question why post the rules if he is not going to inforce them?
But in your own words, that's not all you did, you also made him aware of those who were violating the rules. AKA, tattling.
Old 05-09-2020, 12:07 PM   #132
PaulS

Quote:
It’s fine,rocks are not personal property. A little honesty would not hurt on occasion. Make your Dad proud for a change.
And please stop whining, your husband is even embarrassed 😩
Another non-answer. You throw honesty and lies out there but I told you how you lie. That shows what a vile scummy person you are.
Old 05-09-2020, 12:09 PM   #133
PaulS

Quote:
I am content with what I have. I spend my time helping those in need now. The good news is that leaves more for you,perhaps you can get some new bike shorts.👍🏿

Post pics💪🏻
Good hopefully you can help someone in need. Maybe give some of those fresh vegetables. I'm fine with the bike shorts thanks. I've actually been given a number of bike kits. I doubt you or Scott know what that is but you both can look it up. you should try it. I'll help you lose some of that excess weight.⛄🍔

Last edited by PaulS; 05-09-2020 at 12:19 PM..
Old 05-09-2020, 12:11 PM   #134
PaulS

Quote:
But in your own words, that's not all you did, you also made him aware of those who were violating the rules. AKA, tattling.
How is it tattling when I'm just asking how something doesn't violate the rules? What was the point of posting the rules if they're not enforced?

And why does the word retard bother you more when you called Democrats whores? You don't think people find that offensive?
Old 05-09-2020, 12:25 PM   #135
Jim in CT

Quote:
How is it tattling when I'm just asking ow something doesn't violate the rules?

And why does the word retard bother you more when you called Democrats whores? You don't think people find that offensive?
How is it not tattling when you tell the authority figures who you think violated the rules, in the hope of getting them punished?

"And why does the word retard bother you more when you called Democrats whores?"

The people who you call "retards", are people who were born with challenges. They didn't ask to be born with challenges, they didn't do anything to deserve those challenges, it just happened to them. Normal human beings feel empathy for them.

You are comparing those people, to the democrats who have run CT for 40 years and led us to bankruptcy, and gotten wealthy from their union masters along the way?

My state rep Joe Aresimowicz is speaker of the CT House, he also is a full time employee of the largest state employee labor union. Joe has done quite well for himself rewarding the union (himself) with massive state spending which we all know the state can never pay for. He also gets a nice paycheck as a legislator for, supposedly, representing me. So he represents both the taxpayers and the union, gets paid by both sides simultaneously during contract negotiations. That makes zero sense. But it's worked out very well for Joe.

If I call Joe a whore, in my opinion he has earned that label through his actions, and for sure he is capable to defend himself against it.

You are saying a person with Down's Syndrome, deserves to be called a "retard", as much as he deserves to be called a whore? That's what you're really saying?

Many of the positions you have taken recently on this board have made it clear that you are no deep thinker. This one takes the cake. To you, being born disabled is as much of a character flaw for those you call "retards", as crooked politicians who knowingly make disastrous public policy because someone is paying them to do so.

I feel bad for you, I really do. When I think of the debates we used to have and how sharp and knowledgeable and challenging you were, and I compare that to what you have descended to...I feel sorry for you, that's all. Shame on you.
Old 05-09-2020, 12:34 PM   #136
PaulS

Face it you specifically called Democrats whores and then you have the nerve to criticize what someone else does. Hypocrisy at its finest. I feel bad for you and the anger you demonstrate on a daily basis here where you cannot go an hour without insulting people. What was so bad in your life to cause you to be like this? You've been angry on this site for years. Maybe it's time to go talk to someone. I'm sure work has an EAP
Old 05-09-2020, 02:12 PM   #137
Jim in CT

Quote:
Face it you specifically called Democrats whores and then you have the nerve to criticize what someone else does. Hypocrisy at its finest. I feel bad for you and the anger you demonstrate on a daily basis here where you cannot go an hour without insulting people. What was so bad in your life to cause you to be like this? You've been angry on this site for years. Maybe it's time to go talk to someone. I'm sure work has an EAP
You are assuming that calling out someone for the destructive things they do, and calling someone out for a condition they are born with, are the same thing. That's the basis for your argument. It's a very weak argument.
Old 05-09-2020, 02:14 PM   #138
PaulS

Quote:
You are assuming that calling out someone for the destructive things they do, and calling someone out for a condition they are born with, are the same thing. That's the basis for your argument. It's a very weak argument.
No it's not they're both vile statements. So are those right-leaning States who depend on the government to transfer funds from the left-leaning states whores also? And I bet if I open up every other active thread in this forum you're arguing with somebody else
Old 05-09-2020, 02:22 PM   #139
Jim in CT

Quote:
No it's not they're both vile statements. So are those right-leaning States who depend on the government to transfer funds from the left-leaning states whores also? And I bet if I open up every other active thread in this forum you're arguing with somebody else
Now you're moving the goalposts.

You lost me (and everyone else) at suggesting there's any moral equivalence between insulting a crooked politician, and insulting someone born with a disability. I find the air quite clean on my side of this Paul. Quite clean. I'm very comfortable embracing the idea that we avoid using hateful language that's deeply offensive to innocent people who often struggle through no fault of their own. You think it's OK to use that language to achieve your own ends. Fine.

Some people (not you), think that adults who lie and cheat, and people born with disabilities, are different.

"And I bet if I open up every other active thread in this forum you're arguing with somebody else"

And you're not. Nor is everyone else.
Old 05-09-2020, 03:28 PM   #140
PaulS

You're using vile language in calling someone a whore just because you don't like someone's politics and now you trying to justify it in your mind. You never said you used it for a crooked politician you just said Democrat whores. I'm not moving the bar at all. I admit retard is vile and I used it for a specific purpose see post 60.
Old 05-09-2020, 03:54 PM   #141
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Another non-answer. You throw honesty and lies out there but I told you how you lie. That shows what a vile scummy person you are.
So, you refuse to come clean but it cost you a fishing buddy. No big loss I guess. Sorry goes a long way towards making amends. But you will never admit fault. Such a sad waste.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 05-09-2020, 03:55 PM   #142
Jim in CT

Quote:
You're using vile language in calling someone a whore just because you don't like someone's politics and now you trying to justify it in your mind. You never said you used it for a crooked politician you just said Democrat whores. I'm not moving the bar at all. I admit retard is vile and I used it for a specific purpose see post 60.
"You're using vile language in calling someone a whore just because you don't like someone's politics '

I don't know that enriching yourself while taxing people into oblivion and then spending 100 billion more than the taxes will fund, is a political position. John Roland was a Republican, he is also a whore who enriched himself while screwing the people he was supposed to represent. I call them whores regardless of politics, I don't care what their position is on climate change or abortion when I call them whores.

Paul, in my opinion it's possible for an adult to act in such a way as to earn insults. Obviously you agree, which is why you have called me scummy. That's fine. I agree that sometimes people (adults) act in a way as to deserve ridicule.

I don't think that being born with a disability, means those people deserve to have hate speech thrown their way. You do. You did it, you angrily defended it multiple times.

"You never said you used it for a crooked politician you just said Democrat whores"

I said democrat whores who screw their constituents when the union says to do so. If there are any democrats opposed to bankrupting the state for their union masters (as far as I know none ever oppose the budgets or tax hikes), I would not include them.

'I admit retard is vile and I used it for a specific purpose"

The vile nature of that term is due to the pain it causes the disabled. That has nothing to do with lobbing it at Trump. Your use of that word doesn't hurt Trump, it hurts disabled people.

The democrats in our state legislature screw us for money. That makes them whores of a sort.

Trump, for all his faults, does not make fun of "retards", no matter how many times you say it.

I have called Joe Aresimowicz a whore to his face, in public. That's what he is, and even he knows it. I walked out of there and there were people thanking me. If you went to a SPecial Olympics event and said "Trump makes fun of retards", youd get the crap beat out of you, and you'd deserve it. I know one Dad, I'd pay you a lot of money to say that in front of. Enough to cover your emergency room copay.

When I say something vile, you've done something to deserve it. When you say "retard", the "retards" didn't do anything to you. All you see is your hatred of Trump, you don't see, you can't see, how hurtful that is to people who didn't do anything to you. It's every bit as bad as n*gger.
Old 05-09-2020, 03:57 PM   #143
Jim in CT

Quote:
So, you refuse to come clean but it cost you a fishing buddy. No big loss I guess. Sorry goes a long way towards making amends. But you will never admit fault. Such a sad waste.
None of them re capable of coming clean. Has a liberal here ever apologized, admitted to being wrong, or admitted that the other side has a good point? Ever?
Old 05-09-2020, 05:33 PM   #144
PaulS

Quote:
I haven't lost any fishing buddies scumbag.
Old 05-09-2020, 06:53 PM   #145
Sea Dangles

Quote:
I haven't lost many fishing buddies scumbag.
My bad

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 05-11-2020, 06:58 AM   #146
wdmso

Biden Accuser’s Lawyer Is Trump Donor With History of Representing Sexual Harassment Accusers shocking

In 2017, on multiple occasions, Reade rretweeted or “liked” praise for Biden and his work combating sexual assault. In the same year, Reade tweeted other compliments of Biden, including: “My old boss speaks truth. Listen.”

Reade referred to Biden as “the blue version of Trump.” Reade also pushed a Sanders/Elizabeth Warren ticket, while complaining that the Democratic National Committee was trying to “shove” Biden “down Democrat voters throats.”

Love of Russia and Putin. During 2017 when Reade was praising Biden, she was condemning Russian leader Vladimir Putin’s efforts to hijack American democracy in the 2016 election. This changed in November 2018, when Reade trashed the United States as a country of “hypocrisy and imperialism” and “not a democracy at all but a corporate autocracy.”

Reade’s distaste for America closely tracked her new infatuation with Russia and Putin. She referred to Putin as a “genius” with an athletic prowess that “is intoxicating to American women.” Then there’s this gem: “President Putin has an alluring combination of strength with gentleness. His sensuous image projects his love for life, the embodiment of grace while facing adversity.”

In March 2019, Reade essentially dismissed the idea of Russian interference in the 2016 American presidential election as hype. She said she loved Russia and her Russian relatives — and "like most women across the world, I like President Putin … a lot, his shirt on or shirt off.”

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...mn/3046962001/

and the right embraces her like their own , what's not to love shes against Biden and for Putin .. and Republicans only play Fair ....
Old 05-11-2020, 07:05 AM   #147
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Biden Accuser’s Lawyer Is Trump Donor With History of Representing Sexual Harassment Accusers shocking

In 2017, on multiple occasions, Reade rretweeted or “liked” praise for Biden and his work combating sexual assault. In the same year, Reade tweeted other compliments of Biden, including: “My old boss speaks truth. Listen.”

Reade referred to Biden as “the blue version of Trump.” Reade also pushed a Sanders/Elizabeth Warren ticket, while complaining that the Democratic National Committee was trying to “shove” Biden “down Democrat voters throats.”

Love of Russia and Putin. During 2017 when Reade was praising Biden, she was condemning Russian leader Vladimir Putin’s efforts to hijack American democracy in the 2016 election. This changed in November 2018, when Reade trashed the United States as a country of “hypocrisy and imperialism” and “not a democracy at all but a corporate autocracy.”

Reade’s distaste for America closely tracked her new infatuation with Russia and Putin. She referred to Putin as a “genius” with an athletic prowess that “is intoxicating to American women.” Then there’s this gem: “President Putin has an alluring combination of strength with gentleness. His sensuous image projects his love for life, the embodiment of grace while facing adversity.”

In March 2019, Reade essentially dismissed the idea of Russian interference in the 2016 American presidential election as hype. She said she loved Russia and her Russian relatives — and "like most women across the world, I like President Putin … a lot, his shirt on or shirt off.”

and the right embraces her like their own , what's not to love shes against Biden and for Putin .. and Republicans only play Fair ....
(1) Biden's accuser is a democrat who chose to work for Biden.

(2) you are surprised that she picked a lawyer with experience in this field?

'and the right embraces her like their own"

You bet we do. She will make it more likely that Biden loses.

In your recap of things people have historically said, you conveniently left out what Biden said ,during the Kavanaugh hearings, about believing women who come forward. so why is it "unfair" that we ask Biden to subject himself to the same standard that he held Brett Kavanaugh to? Please explain?
Old 05-11-2020, 07:06 AM   #148
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

keep attacking the victim....
Old 05-11-2020, 07:12 AM   #149
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
She's doing a piece for the New Yorker with Farrow that will be out before the election. Everyone on the left knows this will hurt Biden and make them look like the hypocrites they are on the issue of "believe all women". It's not insurmountable of course, especially not against Trump.

Surprised Farrow is doing this, as he's also a liberal democrat who knows this will help Trump. Unless he hopes that it gets the power brokers to shove Biden aside and put Michelle Obama in there, who I don't think we'd have a prayer against.
Old 05-11-2020, 07:14 AM   #150
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
1. Have an investigation, I have said it multiple times here, as have others. If it happened when he was a senator, have a senate investigation. I will read what Farrow comes up with, and make my own opinion later.

2. Is it attacking the victim to bring in her own tweets and quotes? If she is out there tweeting and commenting about Biden a year or two ago and now does a 180 on it, it bears questioning that she isn't a nutjob, albeit one we should at least hear out. You sound like Trump 'don't attack me with my own words....'

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"