Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 05-26-2020, 05:31 PM   #31
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
admit it’s true, you’re admitting that back then, there was no urgency or will
to do more.

Your correct that's what Trump chose to do ... you can scream and yell what others said .. and no of that changes who was is charge who had the power to do more or do more with more urgency Trump sat on his hands ..

He only supports opening churches when his administration decides it's ok and anyone still doing it are attacking freedoms same with liberate Michigan..

Now it's with NC and the Convention he wants 100% attendance
For Trump it’s all about him, if the convention is full and loud he feels that’s a win and if that causes a significant number to die due to exposure so be it they sacrificed their lives for the a Trump rule to continue. It’s just like the push to reopen, he feels that’s his only chance to win if he gets things open and if it kills a significant number of those likely to contract covid, so be it as in his mind they weren’t voting for him anyway.

Take the simple thing like wearing a mask, to him it’s all about looking good, he couldn’t care less that the message being sent will cost lives. He doesn’t care about anyone but himself, hence the messaging from day one of this pandemic. His ego and childish self centered personality has cost more lives than any terrorists in the country have caused combined. He is one sick mother fu*ker, cold hearted and evil.
Old 05-26-2020, 05:44 PM   #32
Nebe

Seeing as how Wuhan welded housing complex’s gates closed so no one could leave home for 2 weeks, I’d say China was the most prepared.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 05-26-2020, 07:34 PM   #33
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
For Trump it’s all about him,
then you have that in common with him. because for you, pete, wdmso, it’s also all about him. there is nothing else.

you criticize him for wanting to open. not a syallable about pelosi
and diblasio telling people in late february to go out to crowded places. not a syllable. orangemanbad is all that matters.
Old 05-26-2020, 07:52 PM   #34
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
then you have that in common with him. because for you, pete, wdmso, it’s also all about him. there is nothing else.

and diblasio telling people in late february to go out to crowded places. not a syllable. orangemanbad is all that matters.
But but everone else

But but every one else

Your more like Trump then you think ..

Its always someones else's fault..

Except the guy whos in charge.. not sure how you constantly try to avoid that reality
Old 05-26-2020, 07:53 PM   #35
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:

Jim turn your calendar it’s almost June for crying out loud, boy when you get your needle stuck, we need to bring in the jaws of life to free you.
Old 05-26-2020, 08:10 PM   #36
Sea Dangles

Not a lot of voters who are proud of Sleepy Joe right now. That is something that we can agree on.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 05-27-2020, 07:46 AM   #37
Jim in CT

Quote:
But but everone else

But but every one else

Your more like Trump then you think ..

Its always someones else's fault..

Except the guy whos in charge.. not sure how you constantly try to avoid that reality
You are the one dodging, not me. I can admit every single mistake Trump makes. You are the one who is incapable of criticizing any democrats.

What are you afraid would happen, exactly, if you just said "my god, Pelosi and Diblasio screwed up." Obviously they screwed up, the whole country knows they screwed up. Why can't you just say it?

Here's a hint...when I say "Trump screwed up", you can't then say I am shifting blame to others. I'm sorry if that;s going too fast for you.
Old 05-27-2020, 07:50 AM   #38
Jim in CT

Quote:
Jim turn your calendar it’s almost June for crying out loud, boy when you get your needle stuck, we need to bring in the jaws of life to free you.
So you won't comment on what Pelosi and Diblasio did, because it was 2.5 months ago? Please tell us, what's the statute of limitations on gross irresponsibility? Obviously you have zero problem criticizing Trump for bad things he did going back a lot further than that.

So what, is there some kind of chart somewhere that only you have seen? A chart that lists every public office from president down to dog catcher, and it lists how long it's allowed to criticize them for awful mistakes? What's the time limit for the speaker of the house and mayor of new york, exactly?

You crack me up. The statute of limitations on Pelosi and Diblasio expired. I give you points for originality. No points for honesty though.
Old 05-27-2020, 08:01 AM   #39
scottw

Quote:

No points for honesty though.

Ask yourself the important question, who is caption of the ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post

Your metaphor was ridiculous.

Originally Posted by Got Stripers

My metaphors were perfect regardless of your opinion

very trumplike....
Old 05-27-2020, 08:19 AM   #40
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post

Ask yourself the important question, who is caption of the ship

Quote:

Your metaphor was ridiculous.

Originally Posted by Got Stripers

My metaphors were perfect regardless of your opinion

very trumplike....
Very very Trumplike. I also like how he can just dodge a question until the statute of limitations is up, then it's no longer acceptable to ask said question. How convenient.
Old 05-27-2020, 08:27 AM   #41
Sea Dangles

He should pedal his lies elsewhere
Old 05-27-2020, 11:43 AM   #42
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
He should pedal his lies elsewhere
No my metaphor was my opinion expressed in a way you could relate or bitch as the case may be and it fit perfectly. A lie is what comes out of Trumps mouth every day, opinion is one thing, Trump purposely lies and distorts facts it has been his MO forever. Jim gets his needle so stock on one point I find it far more amusing to watch him throw a tantrum and bitch about why I won’t comment on his January historic events; to comment would stop my fun.
Old 05-27-2020, 01:41 PM   #43
detbuch

Quote:
No my metaphor was my opinion expressed in a way you could relate or bitch as the case may be and it fit perfectly.

You said "Ask yourself the important question, who is caption of the ship, if he steered the ship on the right course we collectively would not have run aground on the ledge. The caption owns it regardless of what others around him say or do,"

You made up your personal version of what the important question is, and your opinion was based on a false analogy. Comparing the President to a captain of a ship could only be valid depending on what you mean by "the ship." If by "the ship" you mean the Executive Branch of the Federal Government, the analogy would have some merit. But if by "the ship" you are referring to the United States, then either you believe that we are not the nation that was founded under the Constitution, or you believe that the Constitution gives the President nearly absolute power.

The President does not have a general power to control, direct, or command the other branches of government, nor the individual states, except within the limited power given to the Executive by the Constitution.

Whatever you think Trump should have done early, it would have been limited only to what the Congress and the Court and the States would allow. If he had wanted to "lock down" the country before those entities were willing to do so, he would not have been able to do it without their consent.

If Pelosi, and Cuomo, and the other Dem pols said it was okay to mingle in crowds without protection back then (and they did), he could not have imposed such a lockdown. He could only be "captain of the ship" of the executive branch. The other pols would be captains of their own little constitutionally limited "ships."

They would all "own" their decisions as "captains", as you put it, not just Trump.

The Founders would have been terrified of giving an overall captain-like power to the President. Or of giving that to any other politician. They viewed the citizens as sovereign, bound to government only by the limited consent they gave that government. They were not to be considered "sailors" under the command of some ship's captain.

A lie is what comes out of Trumps mouth every day, opinion is one thing, Trump purposely lies and distorts facts it has been his MO forever.

That is, on purpose, an opinion which is based on distortion and is your continual MO--just as was your distorted version of Trump being the captain of some ship that supposedly ran aground.

Jim gets his needle so stock on one point I find it far more amusing to watch him throw a tantrum and bitch about why I won’t comment on his January historic events; to comment would stop my fun.
So you're excuse for not answering Jim is in order to amuse yourself by watching him throw a tantrum?

Well, we have not have "collectively . . . run aground" as you put it. We are still "sailing" in the Covid storm. Making some headway. Doing better than most countries. Did those countries also "run aground"? Did they all have bad "captains"?

The only bad "captain" is Xi Jinping. China is more like a ship run by a captain than is America. And he is, no doubt, delighted to see us, and other countries, blaming their leaders rather than him.

We have such a great opportunity to use what China has done with this pandemic to bring down its communist regime, and free the Chinese people to truly join the rest of the world . . . but we would rather waste that opportunity and try to score political points . . . and by default let China off the hook . . . and give them the free ride to continue on its path to world domination.

I don't think you can answer Jim's question. I think you're too invested in your own distortions. I don't think you know what the right "important question," as you put it, is.
Old 05-27-2020, 01:46 PM   #44
Pete F.
Canceled

Many people see Tweety for what he is, a failure.
Rasmussen: Trump approval falls four net points to 42-57, his worst approval since January *2018* and worst net approval since December 2017.

His strongly approve is at 30%, strongly disapprove at 47% - also hitting the lowest levels since January 2018.
Old 05-27-2020, 01:52 PM   #45
wdmso

Quote:
You are the one dodging, not me. I can admit every single mistake Trump makes. You are the one who is incapable of criticizing any democrats.

What are you afraid would happen, exactly, if you just said "my god, Pelosi and Diblasio screwed up." Obviously they screwed up, the whole country knows they screwed up. Why can't you just say it?

Here's a hint...when I say "Trump screwed up", you can't then say I am shifting blame to others. I'm sorry if that;s going too fast for you.
you have the funniests form of criticism when it comes to Trump its called blame Democrats .. it is your go to response

how can 2 people with zero power over the Government (not in the executive branch) have screwed Up in any concrete way that contributed to Trumps inactions and lies

You support a President who claims voter fraud one who promotes conspiracy theories on tweeter Because the guy criticizes him , who threatens the press and to shut down tweeter for exposing his lying

to steal a phrase I'm sorry if that;s going too fast for you. TDS is not what I suffer from ..
Old 05-27-2020, 01:59 PM   #46
detbuch

Quote:

how can 2 people with zero power over the Government (not in the executive branch) have screwed Up in any concrete way that contributed to Trumps inactions and lies
WTH do you mean by "power over the Government"? That's ominous sounding stuff.
Old 05-27-2020, 02:01 PM   #47
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
So you're excuse for not answering Jim is in order to amuse yourself by watching him throw a tantrum?

Well, we have not have "collectively . . . run aground" as you put it. We are still "sailing" in the Covid storm. Making some headway. Doing better than most countries. Did those countries also "run aground"? Did they all have bad "captains"?

The only bad "captain" is Xi Jinping. China is more like a ship run by a captain than is America. And he is, no doubt, delighted to see us, and other countries, blaming their leaders rather than him.

We have such a great opportunity to use what China has done with this pandemic to bring down its communist regime, and free the Chinese people to truly join the rest of the world . . . but we would rather waste that opportunity and try to score political points . . . and by default let China off the hook . . . and give them the free ride to continue on its path to world domination.

I don't think you can answer Jim's question. I think you're too invested in your own distortions. I don't think you know what the right "important question," as you put it, is.
You crack me up, you assume I read your posts
Old 05-27-2020, 02:33 PM   #48
scottw

Quote:
No my metaphor was my opinion expressed in a way you could relate or bitch as the case may be and it fit perfectly. A lie is what comes out of Trumps mouth every day, opinion is one thing, Trump purposely lies and distorts facts it has been his MO forever. Jim gets his needle so stock on one point I find it far more amusing to watch him throw a tantrum and bitch about why I won’t comment on his January historic events; to comment would stop my fun.
sounds pretty evil...
Old 05-27-2020, 02:35 PM   #49
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Many people see Tweety for what he is, a failure.
Rasmussen: Trump approval falls four net points to 42-57, his worst approval since January *2018* and worst net approval since December 2017.

His strongly approve is at 30%, strongly disapprove at 47% - also hitting the lowest levels since January 2018.
keep hope alive!
Old 05-27-2020, 02:51 PM   #50
Jim in CT

Quote:
you have the funniests form of criticism when it comes to Trump its called blame Democrats .. it is your go to response

You support a President who claims voter fraud one who promotes conspiracy theories on tweeter Because the guy criticizes him , who threatens the press and to shut down tweeter for exposing his lying

to steal a phrase I'm sorry if that;s going too fast for you. TDS is not what I suffer from ..
Sorry, clearly I have been going too fast for you.

I can criticize anyone who makes a stupid mistake.

You can't criticize Democrats for making mistakes.

Still going over your head? All you need to do, is comment on the statements made by Pelosi and Diblasio encouraging people to go out to crowded public places. Why can't you comment on that?
Old 05-27-2020, 02:55 PM   #51
Jim in CT

Quote:
Jim gets his needle so stock on one point I find it far more amusing disconcerting to watch him throw a tantrum back me into a corner and bitch about why I won’t comment point out my naked hypocrisy on his January late February historic events; to comment would stop my fun public humiliation.
Fixed it for you.

Youre criticizing things Trump did/didn't do in December and late January, but it's not legitimate to criticize Pelosi or Diblasio for what they did in late February. How in Gods name does that make any sense, except to a blind ideologue who can't do anything that goes against the orangemanbad theme?
Old 05-27-2020, 02:59 PM   #52
detbuch

Quote:
You crack me up, you assume I read your posts
I agree, you're cracked up.
Old 05-27-2020, 03:42 PM   #53
Pete F.
Canceled

Pelosi traveled to Chinatown on Feb. 24 in an effort to bolster the neighborhood’s restaurants and shops. Their business had fallen sharply in the wake of the onset of the novel coronavirus pandemic, which originated in Wuhan, China, late last year.

The visit came three weeks before six Bay Area counties implemented shelter-in-place restrictions. On the day of Pelosi’s visit, Trump tweeted this about the virus: “The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA. We are in contact with everyone and all relevant countries. CDC & World Health have been working hard and very smart. Stock Market starting to look very good to me!”

Should she have known he was lying then?

And why on May 22nd did he lie about this: Nancy Pelosi, a month later, was in Chinatown in San Francisco. She’s dancing in the streets of Chinatown, trying to say, “It’s okay to come to the United States. It’s fine. It’s wonderful. Come on in. Bring your infection with you.” And then she said, “He should have done it earlier” — about me. And she’s dancing a month later. These people are sick.

Pelosi traveled to Chinatown on Feb. 24 in an effort to bolster the neighborhood’s restaurants and shops. Their business had fallen sharply in the wake of the onset of the novel coronavirus pandemic, which originated in Wuhan, China, late last year.

The visit came three weeks before six Bay Area counties implemented shelter-in-place restrictions.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 05-27-2020, 04:01 PM   #54
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Fixed it for you.

Youre criticizing things Trump did/didn't do in December and late January, but it's not legitimate to criticize Pelosi or Diblasio for what they did in late February. How in Gods name does that make any sense, except to a blind ideologue who can't do anything that goes against the orangemanbad theme?
See the fun continues don’t burst a blood vessel.
Old 05-27-2020, 04:59 PM   #55
Sea Dangles

Quote:
You are going over my head here,enjoy the ride.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 05-27-2020, 05:39 PM   #56
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post

The visit came three weeks before six Bay Area counties implemented shelter-in-place restrictions. On the day of Pelosi’s visit, Trump tweeted this about the virus: “The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA. We are in contact with everyone and all relevant countries. CDC & World Health have been working hard and very smart. Stock Market starting to look very good to me!”

Should she have known he was lying then?

And why on May 22nd did he lie about this: Nancy Pelosi, a month later, was in Chinatown in San Francisco. She’s dancing in the streets of Chinatown, trying to say, “It’s okay to come to the United States. It’s fine. It’s wonderful. Come on in. Bring your infection with you.” And then she said, “He should have done it earlier” — about me. And she’s dancing a month later. These people are sick.

The visit came three weeks before six Bay Area counties implemented shelter-in-place restrictions.
"Should she have known he was lying then?"

No. But if Trump was that wrong then, if the available data back then made it clear we needed to lock down, why wouldn't the speaker of the house, and the mayor of NYC, also know that?

Answer: there was no preponderance of data back then, that made it clear we needed martial law. You are all engaging in Monday morning quarterbacking, and you are doing it very very selectively.
Old 05-27-2020, 05:42 PM   #57
Jim in CT

Quote:
See the fun continues don’t burst a blood vessel.
Not sure why you assume it makes me angry to shred your arguments. It's fun, funny, and satisfying. Not the least bit annoying. But it's a nice way to avoid answering a simple question, I guess.

GS, what does it say about your beliefs, that in order to cling to them, you have to hide under your bed when I ask such a simple, and obvious, question? I can't imagine living like that. Like the other Trump haters, you're a slave to your ideology, which is why you literally cannot process that which goes against that ideology. Me, I go where the facts take me, which is a lot easier.
Old 05-27-2020, 05:46 PM   #58
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Not sure why you assume it makes me angry to shred your arguments. It's fun, funny, and satisfying. Not the least bit annoying. But it's a nice way to avoid answering a simple question, I guess.

GS, what does it say about your beliefs, that in order to cling to them, you have to hide under your bed when I ask such a simple, and obvious, question? I can't imagine living like that. Like the other Trump haters, you're a slave to your ideology, which is why you literally cannot process that which goes against that ideology. Me, I go where the facts take me, which is a lot easier.
It’s fun for you but there it is again, broken record to match the broken presidency.
Old 05-27-2020, 06:45 PM   #59
Jim in CT

Quote:
It’s fun for you but there it is again, broken record to match the broken presidency.
anything we can do to get you to answer?

you’re right, we need more originality here. i know, a trump bashing post, that would be a refreshing change of pace. that’s not a broken record...
Old 05-27-2020, 08:00 PM   #60
Jim in CT

for the tenth time to the trump haters here...what was Biden saying in december/january that would allow any reasonable person to conclude, that we’d be better off today if he were president? back then he wasn’t calling for a drastic response. since then, most of what he says are the ramblings of someone clearly in the early stages of senility. so tell us what biden said back then, that makes you confident he’d have done a better job?

again, is there a reason none of you will touch this question? kind of a theme ( dodging obvious questions) with you guys, isn’t it?