Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 10-26-2020, 08:07 PM   #211
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Trump continues to do exactly what the medical experts say you shouldn’t, he can’t even keep the White House safe, Moscow Mitch being the old fart that he is has avoided it like the plague. The messaging from the top from the beginning has been irresponsible Jim, but you are beyond drunk on the cool aid you are blind to the damage they continue to do. Asking him tough questions in the 60 minute interview shows how thin his skin is, he took his ball and went home. He is a miserable excuse for a leader, hoping it’s no longer our issue in a few weeks.
GS: he blew handling the virus.

Jim: what should he have done different?

GS: beats me! but cnn and msnbc said he blew it.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 10-26-2020, 08:22 PM   #212
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
GS: he blew handling the virus.

Jim: what should he have done different?

GS: beats me! but cnn and msnbc said he blew it.
GS: watch me make Jim spin like a top, pull the travel ban string and he goes and goes

Jim: what did Trump do wrong

GS: plenty of days left I will need time like trying to remember the 20,000 plus lies
Old 10-26-2020, 09:25 PM   #213
Pete F.
Canceled

BREAKING NEWS: Trump White House Declares COVID-19 Uncontrollable and Says It Will Not Be Controlled, Conceding Defeat in the Midst of the Worst U.S. Public Health Crisis in a Century; Announcement Comes Even As Many Foreign Leaders With Fewer Resources Have Controlled the Virus
Old 10-26-2020, 11:55 PM   #214
detbuch

BREAKING NEWS: Pete F has gone bananas!
Old 10-27-2020, 03:24 AM   #215
scottw

Quote:

You mean like the hypocrisy of the GOP stopping a Supreme Court appointment saying that close to the election it just shouldn’t be done but it’s ok for them now. People in class houses shouldn’t be throwing stones.
I'm sure Schumer and the democrats would have done it differently

she will be a fabulous Supreme Court Justice
Old 10-27-2020, 05:41 AM   #216
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
biden thinks he's running against bush

Old 10-27-2020, 06:39 AM   #217
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post

Old 10-27-2020, 06:40 AM   #218
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Most people didn't want Trump to be the nominee, which is why he didn't get anywhere near 50% of the votes in the primaries. Problem is, there were 100 people running who weren't Trump.

Now? No one had any idea he'd be this effective. Heck he didn't even campaign on progress in the middle east, and he's done more in a term than Biden has done in 47 years.

Tax cuts, insanely low unemployment, brought ISIS to their knees, stock market records, no questionable wars, raises for vets and improvements to their benefits, school choice, criminal justice reform, lowest minority unemployment ever, improved funding for black colleges, economic opportunity zones, and we became energy independent. And agree with him or not, he's the most pro-life president by far, of my lifetime.

Yeah, why would any Republican get behind a guy who did that in one term? What a do-nothing slacker! You sure showed me with that post, GS.
To follow up on this three year view you seem to have, you can’t judge an administration on one, two or three years; it’s a four year term remember. So tax cuts that may have helped some have been spent to survive. We now have the highest unemployment and worse economy since the Great Depression. Vets expressing their disgust of numerous comments by Trump not sure he is viewed as positively by veterans as you think. Schools for the most part are closed and many if opened are closing again due to covid outbreaks. Report cards are for the entire term Jim, so grades aren’t passing, in fact they are failing grades but keep waving your Trump 2020 flag.
Old 10-27-2020, 06:41 AM   #219
Jim in CT

Quote:
GS: watch me make Jim spin like a top, pull the travel ban string and he goes and goes

Jim: what did Trump do wrong

GS: plenty of days left I will need time like trying to remember the 20,000 plus lies
i don’t give trump good grades on handling the virus, nor do i give him a bad grade, i feel very unknowledgeable. but if i was saying he blew it, i’d be able to articulate why. you couldn’t. so you’ll go to the places pete gets his news and steal a few arguments. but what matters, is that you claimed he blew it, but had zero idea why. and you refuse to criticize biden, who said trump did too much.
Old 10-27-2020, 06:41 AM   #220
scottw

Quote:
To follow up on this three year view you seem to have, you can’t judge an administration on one, two or three years; it’s a four year term remember.
which is why the ACB nomination and confirmation was completely appropriate
Old 10-27-2020, 06:42 AM   #221
Jim in CT

Quote:
To follow up on this three year view you seem to have, you can’t judge an administration on one, two or three years; it’s a four year term remember. So tax cuts that may have helped some have been spent to survive. We now have the highest unemployment and worse economy since the Great Depression. Vets expressing their disgust of numerous comments by Trump not sure he is viewed as positively by veterans as you think. Schools for the most part are closed and many if opened are closing again due to covid outbreaks. Report cards are for the entire term Jim, so grades aren’t passing, in fact they are failing grades but keep waving your Trump 2020 flag.
we “now” have the highest unemployment since the great depression? now? wtf are you talking about?

unemployment was in the mid teens when states chose to shut down. are you saying trump should have somehow forced all businesses to stay open?

you’re alllll over the place. but rest assured, that as of right now, unemployment is nowhere near what it was during the depression, and trending better for now.
Old 10-27-2020, 06:42 AM   #222
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
i don’t give trump good grades on handling the virus, nor do i give him a bad grade, i feel very unknowledgeable. but if i was saying he blew it, i’d be able to articulate why. you couldn’t. so you’ll go to the places pete gets his news and steal a few arguments. but what matters, is that you claimed he blew it, but had zero idea why. and you refuse to criticize biden, who said trump did too much.
Jim so many have articulated why for months, are you living in a bubble?
Old 10-27-2020, 06:44 AM   #223
scottw

Quote:

We now have the highest unemployment and worse economy since the Great Depression.

huh???
Old 10-27-2020, 06:46 AM   #224
scottw

Quote:

unemployment was in the mid teens when states chose to shut down.

and "experts" projected it would be in the twenties
Old 10-27-2020, 06:49 AM   #225
scottw

Quote:

we “now” have the highest unemployment since the great depression? now? wtf are you talking about?

I think he meant "since the dark ages"
Old 10-27-2020, 07:14 AM   #226
Jim in CT

Quote:
I think he meant "since the dark ages"
Seriously, what's unemployment right now, about 7.5%? THAT'S the highest since the Great Depression?
Old 10-27-2020, 07:23 AM   #227
Jim in CT

Quote:
Jim so many have articulated why for months, are you living in a bubble?
Not from what I see. People say "he should have done more", but back then, those same people were saying he did too much. It's irrefutable that Biden said he did too much. So whjy would you presume we'd be better if Biden was POTUS?

That's fairly simple, obviously pertinent question, and you cannot respond. You're clobbered by a question a 6 year-old would know to ask.

Back in December, Biden said it was hysterical and xenophobic to do what Trump did. But you are saying Biden would have handled it better. Why?

Cue the chirping crickets...

GS, we shut down the economy, stopped interacting with each other, we bent the curve, no hospitals came close to being overwhelmed. What more should we have done?

Hindsight being 20/20, it would have been nice if we had more safety equipment and tests ready to go. But no one was calling for that before this started.

In the early days, the governors of both CA and NY both said Trump was big help to their states. Do you know who those governors are? They aren't Trump fans.

It's a global pandemic, not an American problem. And for the democrats, it was a political gift from God, just like the 2008 recession.

Please, tell us more about how unemployment right now, is the highest since the Great Depression.
Old 10-27-2020, 07:24 AM   #228
spence

Quote:
You do realize the person who asked the question was George Lopez right?
Old 10-27-2020, 07:34 AM   #229
scottw

Quote:
You do realize the person who asked the question was George Lopez right?
right...so he meant 4 more years of George Lopez

he will be fun if he stumbles across the finish line

Old 10-27-2020, 07:50 AM   #230
wdmso

Jim all trump had to do is make it look like he was doing something and Americans could have said and would have said that was enough for them ..

But thats not what happen Trump denied it was an issue Fought against Masks tooth and nail .. {like you he made a suggestion here or there as evidence of his objectivity AKA to cover a base } the whole white house had a super spreader event,, Then he doubled down after he got out of Walter reed .. the head of the pandemic response Pence refuses to follow his own protocols. and his own chief of staff waved the white flag

I am sorry cutting off travel from China doesn't carry water anymore , operations warp speed Americans have seen right thru it .. Because torpedoed his own plan by offering un realistic release exceptions .. and even now with the Dakotas Wisconsin and areas in Texas exploding in Covid cases
he says we are rounding the bend or the the numbers are up because nurses and doctors and hospitals are inflating Covid numbers to GET PAID and hurt him really. I guess he has no idea whats going on in Europe ..

And for all the anti maskers (not suggesting you are one ) in general next time they have a surgery. please tell your surgeon and his team that you feel masks dont work.. so dont wear any and see what they tell you>>>
Old 10-27-2020, 08:02 AM   #231
spence

Quote:
right...so he meant 4 more years of George Lopez
You’re about as gullible as Jim.
Old 10-27-2020, 08:03 AM   #232
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Jim all trump had to do is make it look like he was doing something and Americans could have said and would have said that was enough for them ..

But thats not what happen Trump denied it was an issue Fought against Masks tooth and nail .. {like you he made a suggestion here or there as evidence of his objectivity AKA to cover a base } the whole white house had a super spreader event,, Then he doubled down after he got out of Walter reed .. the head of the pandemic response Pence refuses to follow his own protocols. and his own chief of staff waved the white flag

I am sorry cutting off travel from China doesn't carry water anymore , operations warp speed Americans have seen right thru it .. Because torpedoed his own plan by offering un realistic release exceptions .. and even now with the Dakotas Wisconsin and areas in Texas exploding in Covid cases
he says we are rounding the bend or the the numbers are up because nurses and doctors and hospitals are inflating Covid numbers to GET PAID and hurt him really. I guess he has no idea whats going on in Europe ..

And for all the anti maskers (not suggesting you are one ) in general next time they have a surgery. please tell your surgeon and his team that you feel masks dont work.. so dont wear any and see what they tell you>>>
"Jim all trump had to do is make it look like he was doing something and Americans could have said and would have said that was enough for them "

So you would have been happy if he just made it look like he did something.

So the way he helped NY and CA, getting hospital ships there, converting convention centers to hospitals, getting them more than enough respirators, that wasn't even the appearance of doing anything?

Working with public and private agencies to ramp up production of masks and testing capabilities, that wasn't even the phony appearance of doing anything?

Here is an article with videos, where Gov Cuomo of NY said Trump "has delivered for NY. He has."

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/poli...ponse/2371465/

So Governor Cuomo of NY, who isn't a huge fan of Trump, said explicitly that Trump did a lot to help the state of NY.

So, maybe you want to reconsider your asinine statement.

Here is an article where Gov Newsom of CA, also praised Trump's coronavirus actions. A quote from Newsom...

"We have the USNS Mercy in California because of [Trump's] direct intervention and support, 2,000 of these federal medical stations because of his direct support," Newsom said on CNN. "So I can only speak for myself, but I have to be complementary. Otherwise, I would be simply lying to you, misleading you"

In other words, the CA governor says you are lying, when you say he didn't do anything constructive or helpful.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-w...elp-state-amid

As always, his tweets, comments, and style were often disgusting. His actions? Well, don't take my word for it Wayne, just read the comments from two of the most liberal governors in the country.

Trump helped them. Again, I can only imagine how much you hate that fact. But that's the thing about facts, they don't care whether you like them or not.

Put down the blind partisanship for 10 seconds, take off the tin foil hat, and think.

You have been pulverized.
Old 10-27-2020, 08:06 AM   #233
Jim in CT

Quote:
Gullible. Which one of us can never, under any circumstances, say anything critical of their party? And which one of us goes wherever the truth takes them? Hmmm?

You could not point to a single, solitary meaningful issue, in which you disagree with democrats. Not one. What does that tell you about your ability to think critically, Spence?
Old 10-27-2020, 08:09 AM   #234
scottw

Quote:

. and even now with the Dakotas Wisconsin and areas in Texas exploding in Covid cases

>>
Illinios, California, league leaders in new cases, Rhode Island spiking beyond spring levels and I don't know if you've checked the BBC lately but europe is similarly spiking = clearly trumps fault...damn those conservative states with republican governors and non-mask wearing trumplicans!!!!

ps...I was out and about the other day made a couple of stops at a convenience store and a couple other places and I could be wrong but the people I saw NOT wearing masks in public places were probably not those you hear described as typical or likely trump voters(I was wearing mine)
Old 10-27-2020, 08:10 AM   #235
scottw

Quote:
biden probably just missed his nap that morning or something
Old 10-27-2020, 08:11 AM   #236
Jim in CT

Quote:
It's funny, like everything else, I struggle to make up my mind definitively on masks. Because there are very smart people who say masks work (which is where I lean), and there are very smart people who say they don't work. I feel like I cannot know who is right, I'm not a virologist, or a health care researcher. It's amazing to me that even on something as simple as masks, there is zero consensus. There are peer reviewed studies showing masks do nothing. It's hard for me to believe that they don't help at least a little, and I wear one every time I go out. But there's no consensus...

What works in surgery isn't the same as what works with this virus. It's possible the droplets are too small to be captured with a cloth mask. Again, I'm not taking that position, but there are smart people who do.

I pretty much gave up trying to figure this out, how can you when there is zero consensus among the experts? I don't know enough to feel comfortable saying one side is wrong. SO I go with my gut and wear a mask.
Old 10-27-2020, 08:12 AM   #237
scottw

[QUOTE=Jim in CT;1203822]

Put down the blind partisanship for 10 seconds, take off the tin foil hat, and think.

/QUOTE]

he thinks you are a lying dog faced pony soldier or something
Old 10-27-2020, 08:50 AM   #238
Pete F.
Canceled

Covita's Great achievements

Candidate Trump decried the national debt in 2016 and promised to eliminate it. It's only gotten bigger.

The National debt, which doesn't matter to Trumplicans has increased 36% and was up significantly prior to the Trump plague.

Today, ISIS is anything but destroyed, and is again beginning to pose a threat. It has a significant presence in Afghanistan and Covita is ready to pull out.

The peace agreements Israel signed with Bahrain and the United Arab Emirates are a clear success—although the fact that previously hostile Arab states joined Israel due to their fear of Iran’s growing strength is a reminder that Covita's increasing sanctions against Iran had not produced the regime change the administration obviously hoped for.

When people talk about Covita's great foreign policy there is never any mention of Venezuela or North Korea. Nicolás Maduro is still head of Venezuela, increasing repression of its citizens, many of whom have fled or are attempting to do so, and opposition leader Juan Guaidó has failed in his bid to replace the regime and begin a policy of democratization.

Meanwhile, Covita's love affair with Kim Jong-un has not led to denuclearization—in fact, Kim’s regime just flaunted a giant new ICBM. The personal diplomacy Covita bragged about turned out to be the careful playing of the president by Kim. North Korea’s nuclear arsenal is now obviously larger than when Covita took office, and the danger of war still exists.

Start off with the claim that Covita exemplifies the doctrine of “hard work, faith, family and autonomy”—the very middle-class values that provide the framework for American society. It is hard not to chuckle at these words. We all know that Covita began with the proverbial silver spoon in his mouth, going into business with a few million dollars given to him by his father. Rather than engaging in actual hard work, Covita was the tabloids’ favorite New York playboy, making money by ripping off contractors, not paying workers for their labors, and setting up phony business schemes like the fabled Trump University, whose suing clients were paid off with undisclosed sums of money and prohibited from talking about it with nondisclosure agreements. His business acumen is questionable, as he has declared bankruptcy for his businesses six times.

The claim that Covita is “in favor of manufacturing jobs.” But many of the plants that Covita claimed to have saved have closed. And the coal mines he said would reopen have not—and coal mines in general have continued to disappear, leaving more miners jobless. And don't forget Foxconn, operative part is Con, talk about socialism and central planning............

As for Covita's faith, he has provided many examples of his actual unfamiliarity with the Bible, and his lifestyle shows, shall we say, an inclination to not follow middle-class family values. Someone who respects family does not sleep with a porn star while married or brag about grabbing women by their genitals.

Then look at Covita's mode of campaigning, in which he holds potential superspreader events one, two or three times a day, where his crowds wear no masks and do not practice social distancing?

How about the appointment of Dr. Scott Atlas—a neuroradiologist lacking significant expertise in infectious diseases—to the White House’s coronavirus task force, from which platform he has said that people shouldn’t wear masks (“Masks work? NO”) and that the United States should adopt a herd immunity approach to fighting the disease—a strategy that would cause hundreds of thousands of new American deaths?

Then to top it off you have Covita playing to his base and waging a campaign against the infectious-disease specialist trusted by the American people, Dr. Anthony Fauci, calling him a “disaster” and an “idiot”?

But you're all set because policies don’t matter; “owning the libs” does.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-27-2020, 08:58 AM   #239
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post

Start off with the claim that Covita exemplifies the doctrine of “hard work, faith, family and autonomy. .
Pete, please point to any meaningful number or Republicans anywhere, ever, who EVER said that Trump exemplifies faith and family? That's just made up gibberish. No one thinks he is a good family man.
Old 10-27-2020, 09:10 AM   #240
wdmso

Quote:
"Jim all trump had to do is make it look like he was doing something and Americans could have said and would have said that was enough for them "

So you would have been happy if he just made it look like he did something.

So the way he helped NY and CA, getting hospital ships there, converting convention centers to hospitals, getting them more than enough respirators, that wasn't even the appearance of doing anything?

Working with public and private agencies to ramp up production of masks and testing capabilities, that wasn't even the phony appearance of doing anything?

Here is an article with videos, where Gov Cuomo of NY said Trump "has delivered for NY. He has."

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/poli...ponse/2371465/

So Governor Cuomo of NY, who isn't a huge fan of Trump, said explicitly that Trump did a lot to help the state of NY.

So, maybe you want to reconsider your asinine statement.

Here is an article where Gov Newsom of CA, also praised Trump's coronavirus actions. A quote from Newsom...

"We have the USNS Mercy in California because of [Trump's] direct intervention and support, 2,000 of these federal medical stations because of his direct support," Newsom said on CNN. "So I can only speak for myself, but I have to be complementary. Otherwise, I would be simply lying to you, misleading you"

In other words, the CA governor says you are lying, when you say he didn't do anything constructive or helpful.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-w...elp-state-amid

As always, his tweets, comments, and style were often disgusting. His actions? Well, don't take my word for it Wayne, just read the comments from two of the most liberal governors in the country.

Trump helped them. Again, I can only imagine how much you hate that fact. But that's the thing about facts, they don't care whether you like them or not.

Jim moving ship is not doing something trumps lovers love praising Trump for doing what he is supposed to do. Thats the real TDS

Prasing Trump is how you deal with this Transactional POTUs if you thought they were sincere your smoking crack.

TRUMP couldnt even try faking it. He couldn’t be bothered

The only thing you pulverized was the trump pill you snorted before writing this