Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 10-31-2020, 04:49 PM   #421
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
we can’t all have perfect character like biden who is a plagiarist a liar with a rape charge against him and credible charges of corruption, and harris who sucked her way to the top in san francisco. yes sir, the party that worships bill clinton, who could spit in a petri dish and start a whole new civilization, has a lot to lecture me about character.

spare me the empty, fake concern for character.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Lack of character is really the least of my concerns Jim, but keep believing this administration and its policies are really helping the majority of Americans and this planet. IF his policies were so good for the majority and his handling of Covid was the best any administration could do, please explain to me why it appears the majority of the voting public are about to kick him to the curb. We know it isn’t about character, because everyone knew what he was coming in.
Old 10-31-2020, 05:45 PM   #422
Pete F.
Canceled

Obviously Covita wants to get a head start on herd immunity

Eighteen Trump campaign rallies "ultimately resulted" in more than 30,000 incremental confirmed COVID-19 cases and "likely led to more than 700 deaths," researchers at Stanford University concluded in a study published yesterday.
Old 11-01-2020, 05:50 AM   #423
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Yet countries with a strong national message and a population 100% on board with the plan to keep the virus in check are doing well, Australia a perfect example.
Australia had it's "second wave" already June-Sept...not a "perfect example"

AUGUST 22, 2 MONTHS AGO

Australia wrestles with coronavirus second-wave

September 9, 2020

A fall Covid-19 spike could be coming
. (And it won't look like anything we've seen so far.)

John Brownstein, a Harvard Medical School professor and ABC News contributor, explained, "As the fall approaches, you have drier conditions. More people are spending more time indoors, so generally the virus is more efficient."

Brownstein also said infections may spike in the fall is because students who return to in-person classes will not be "practicing the same level of social distancing and mask wearing" as they did during initial waves of the epidemic.

But because we know more about addressing the disease, we may fare better, experts say
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5739.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	73.6 KB
ID:	67431  
Old 11-01-2020, 07:41 AM   #424
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Australia had no new cases yesterday and we have Americans dying every two minutes and new projections have us at over 400,000 dead by February. Yet Trump is campaigning on this administration having beaten Covid and his idiot sons out saying those daily American deaths are nothing.
Old 11-01-2020, 07:54 AM   #425
scottw

Quote:
Australia had no new cases yesterday and we have Americans dying every two minutes and new projections have us at over 400,000 dead by February. Yet Trump is campaigning on this administration having beaten Covid and his idiot sons out saying those daily American deaths are nothing.
they are on the backside of their second wave,. actually beyond(Sept 22nd if you look at the graph)...we are in the middle of ours, along with Europe...do you not get that?
Old 11-01-2020, 08:24 AM   #426
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
they are on the backside of their second wave,. actually beyond(Sept 22nd if you look at the graph)...we are in the middle of ours, along with Europe...do you not get that?
I guess the Trump family hasn't gotten that briefing, according to them it's behind us, we are around the corner heading for home and deaths are nothing.
Old 11-01-2020, 09:41 AM   #427
scottw

Quote:

I guess .....

I'll give you a mulligan if you want one
Old 11-02-2020, 07:33 AM   #428
Pete F.
Canceled

When “Fire Fauci” chants broke out, referring to the federal government’s top infectious disease expert, with whom he has clashed, Covita responded: “Don’t tell anybody, but let me wait ‘til a little bit after the election.”

Covita, two days before the election as he’s delivering his closing message, suggests he’ll fire Fauci - a career appointee who doesn’t work directly for him and who is massively popular - if he wins.
Old 11-02-2020, 08:43 AM   #429
wdmso

Covid: White House accuses top scientist Fauci of 'playing politics'

Wow thats an amazing statement.. guess they dont listen to Trump at his rallies
Old 11-02-2020, 08:50 AM   #430
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post

if he wins.

don't fret little marxists...weekend at biden's is up by 57 points nationally and has an 99.7% chance of winning according to the experts...
Old 11-02-2020, 09:14 AM   #431
Pete F.
Canceled

Would this advice be coming from a little fascist?
Old 11-02-2020, 10:06 AM   #432
scottw

Quote:
Would this advice be coming from a little fascist?
you referring to Got Stripers?

Quote:

"countries with a strong national message and a population 100% on board"
Old 11-02-2020, 01:46 PM   #433
wdmso

El Paso, Texas, Gets 4th Mobile Morgue As COVID-19 Deaths Rise

must be what rounding the corner looks like
Old 11-05-2020, 09:10 AM   #434
Pete F.
Canceled

Obviously rounding the corner

The United States reported 102,831 new coronavirus cases on Wednesday, the highest number of new cases in a single day since the pandemic began.

But, but, but, I was told that it was going away on November 4th. That it was all a hoax. That it was all the media. Covita said so.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-05-2020, 09:55 AM   #435
Jim in CT

Quote:
Obviously rounding the corner

The United States reported 102,831 new coronavirus cases on Wednesday, the highest number of new cases in a single day since the pandemic began.

But, but, but, I was told that it was going away on November 4th. That it was all a hoax. That it was all the media. Covita said so.
Do death rates (which are dropping) matter at all? Or is all that matters, the number of people who get it?
Old 11-05-2020, 10:01 AM   #436
scottw

Quote:
Do death rates (which are dropping) matter at all? Or is all that matters, the number of people who get it?
the non-mask wearing conservative republican states of Illinios, Wisconsin and California occupied three of the top 4 spots for new cases yesterday...
Old 11-05-2020, 10:03 AM   #437
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Yes, it matters. The only two metrics that matter are not cases and deaths however.
Given the relatively high percentage of what seem to be longer term complications for many people, that aren't deadly but still serious, this deserves a fair amount of caution still.

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 11-05-2020, 10:22 AM   #438
Pete F.
Canceled

And soon to come, COVID-19 as a pre-existing condition
Old 11-05-2020, 10:23 AM   #439
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
, this deserves a fair amount of caution still.
Agreed 100%. I'm responding to the kooks here who believe that overall case counts are all that matter.

The one voice of reason here on the left.
Old 11-05-2020, 10:37 AM   #440
spence

Quote:
Agreed 100%. I'm responding to the kooks here who believe that overall case counts are all that matter.
I don't know anyone who thinks overall case counts are all that matter. Positivity rate is a big factor. You would think that with increased testing the positivity rate would be going down if the virus was under control but it's actually going up which is really bad.
Old 11-05-2020, 11:03 AM   #441
Pete F.
Canceled

You have to do testing along with tracking, isolation, hygiene and social distancing.

It has worked here in Vermont, even though there are some idiots around.

The magic vaccine will take awhile to arrive and longer yet to reduce the infections to a manageable level.

“It’s going to disappear. One day, it’s like a miracle, it will disappear” is baloney.

If and that is a big if, we make a concerted effort it will likely take a year.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-05-2020, 11:04 AM   #442
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I don't know anyone who thinks overall case counts are all that matter. Positivity rate is a big factor. You would think that with increased testing the positivity rate would be going down if the virus was under control but it's actually going up which is really bad.
When has Pete posted about anything else?
Old 11-05-2020, 11:35 AM   #443
Pete F.
Canceled

Pretty hard to have one without the other.
Old 11-05-2020, 05:19 PM   #444
detbuch

Covid immune response faster and stronger post-infection, scientists say:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...Mp?ocid=msnews
Old 11-05-2020, 05:25 PM   #445
detbuch

The World Health Organization (WHO) in Europe on Thursday said it was seeing an "explosion" of coronavirus cases in the region and warned of a "tough time" ahead as mortality rates rose.

Europe spans 53 countries, including Russia and countries in Central Asia, and on Thursday reported a total of over 12 million cases in the region, with nearly two million in the last seven days.
"We do see an explosion.... in the sense it only takes a couple of days to have over the European region an increase of one million cases," WHO's regional director for Europe Hans Kluge told AFP.
Old 11-05-2020, 05:33 PM   #446
Jim in CT

Quote:
Pretty hard to have one without the other.
That's brilliant.

You are looking for any statistic that trends bad, and holding that up as the definitive indicator.

How do you not have an increase in cases, as you expand testing? That's not a bad thing, is it?

liberal=good, conservative=bad, no exceptions, not ever.
Old 11-05-2020, 06:46 PM   #447
scottw

Quote:

liberal=good, conservative=bad, pete=crazy no exceptions, not ever.
fixed it
Old 11-05-2020, 07:17 PM   #448
Pete F.
Canceled

If Fox was still behind Trump, I'd be intensely concerned and predicting dire days ahead.

But since they're not, I'm only a little concerned. And most of my horror is for the long-term institutional damage that he's inflicting through his efforts to undermine American democracy.

Just keep loving him
Old 11-07-2020, 08:12 AM   #449
wdmso

Jim haven't you told us you work with liabilitie insurance

If you used what ever model they use to forcast risk any increase in infection is
Naturally going to show an increase in deaths. That the law of probability

Its not a 1 to 1 ratio. And its not just due to an increasing due to testing we have never stopped testing. Its people have the virus 133k new cases yesterday

So kind of what pete was saying you can't have an increase in cases with out an increase in Deaths.

And to depend on therapeutics or trying to run out the clock betting on a vaccine hasn't worked to slow the spread and once again its impacts are rippling thru small business like restaurants gyms schools . Reduced infection rate is our solution in the short term
Old 11-07-2020, 08:18 AM   #450
piemma
Very Grumpy bay man

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Jim haven't you told us you work with liabilitie insurance

If you used what ever model they use to forcast risk any increase in infection is
Naturally going to show an increase in deaths. That the law of probability

Its not a 1 to 1 ratio. And its not just due to an increasing due to testing we have never stopped testing. Its people have the virus 133k new cases yesterday

So kind of what pete was saying you can't have an increase in cases with out an increase in Deaths.

And to depend on therapeutics or trying to run out the clock betting on a vaccine hasn't worked to slow the spread and once again its impacts are rippling thru small business like restaurants gyms schools . Reduced infection rate is our solution in the short term
Had a BIL and his wife (Jeanne's youngest sister) come down with Covid-19. They were in Miriam Hospital Covid ICU for a week. Recovering now but they were VERY sick.
Fortunately we have been staying away from everyone.

No boat, back in the suds.