Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 11-24-2020, 03:21 PM   #541
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Are you an angry black man trapped in a white mans body ?

Again nothing about Trump trying to overturn an American election shocking
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
when i point out something that you can’t refute, you always come back with an insult. are you a low-iq baby trapped in an adults body? you have a lot more in common with trump than you think.

Have you ever once agreed with a conservative? on anything? No. because in your amazingly simpleton mind, liberals are always right. they can’t be wrong, not ever, you’re not sophisticated enough to process that both sides can possibly have good points on different issues. that’s way too co
complicated for you. Trump, especially, must be wrong in everything. every. single. thing.

for the tenth time, here’s my take on the election challenges...if he doesn’t have anything credible by the early december deadline, he deserves all the criticism he gets, for saying it was stolen.
Old 11-24-2020, 03:21 PM   #542
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
That’s all you got 1 month? That’szz your response . You sound like Jim and his black unemployment .

The CDC the task force all adjusted and issued and updated as they went

Trump and his cult ran in place and are still in the same place.

funny his attacks on our election and his fraud claims get little attention.. from you Jim or Scott .. but but March American 1st ya ok
Aaahhhh....once again entering into a discussion with you has sent me scurrying for my migraine medication.

You have a good day and hopefully Santa will bring you some new crayons for Christmas

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 11-24-2020, 03:41 PM   #543
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
My point isn’t about winning or losing the election, my point is that whatever he said to do, half the country would have done the opposite because.....Trump.

Whether it’s right or wrong, they would just ignore it because of who delivered the message.
We’ll never know? he never even tried !

He has put more effort in suggesting mass voter fraud, he convinced millions of that .. over 70 different tweets and press conferences to that affect

He convinced millions COVID was over we were rounding the corner he convinced millions masks didn’t work he convinced millions look I got COVID and recovered so it ain’t so bad he mocked those who chose to wear a mask as did many of his fellow Republicans..and still do

I said it in a different thread, all Trump needed to do was to make an honest attempt or fake it to make it. That he cared Americans would have cut him some slack , on the pandemic

But he couldn’t , he just kept playing to his base and they played to him so focused on each other they convinced each other they couldn’t be beat , and if they lost it would be everyone else’s fault, and stolen
Old 11-24-2020, 03:47 PM   #544
Jim in CT

Quote:
We’ll never know? he never even tried !

He has put more effort in suggesting mass voter fraud, he convinced millions of that .. over 70 different tweets and press conferences to that affect

He convinced millions COVID was over we were rounding the corner he convinced millions masks didn’t work he convinced millions look I got COVID and recovered so it ain’t so bad he mocked those who chose to wear a mask as did many of his fellow Republicans..and still do

I said it in a different thread, all Trump needed to do was to make an honest attempt or fake it to make it. That he cared Americans would have cut him some slack , on the pandemic

But he couldn’t , he just kept playing to his base and they played to him so focused on each other they convinced each other they couldn’t be beat , and if they lost it would be everyone else’s fault, and stolen
what did he never try to do?

he restricted travel
from china ( and was attached for it).

he sent hospital ships and ventilators to hot spots. had the feds make makeshift hospitals in NY. liberal governors of NY and CA came out and thanked him, said he was being a good partner.

he partnered with private sector to ramp up testing, manufacturing of testing equipment, and ventilators.

now, his style and tone early on, were in my opinion too casual. but his policies? what did he not do, that you think he should have done? by april most of the nation was locked down, everyone was wearing masks. so what should he have done?
Old 11-24-2020, 03:55 PM   #545
Pete F.
Canceled

Maybe in yours and Tweety's world it started in April, but Vermont with the lowest rate in the country started in March and I know my wife and mother were both sewing masks then.
By the way we were back to work in mid April, but maybe we should have listened to Tweety, just kept going and ended up in South Dakota's situation with one in a thousand dead.

GOVERNOR PHIL SCOTT ISSUES A “STAY HOME, STAY SAFE” ORDER, DIRECTS ADDITIONAL CLOSURES
24 MARCH 2020
Montpelier, Vt. – Governor Phil Scott today issued a “Stay Home, Stay Safe” order and directed the closure of in-person operations for all non-essential businesses.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-24-2020, 04:06 PM   #546
Jim in CT

Gov Cuomo directly caused hundreds of deaths when he ordered nursing homes to admit covid residents, when we all knew this was a disease that was especially deadly to the elderly.

Cuomo gets an award from liberals for his covid leadership. his state is by far, the worst place for covid.

liberals don’t care about results. they’re impervious to results.
Old 11-24-2020, 04:20 PM   #547
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Gov Cuomo directly caused hundreds of deaths when he ordered nursing homes to admit covid residents, when we all knew this was a disease that was especially deadly to the elderly.

Cuomo gets an award from liberals for his covid leadership. his state is by far, the worst place for covid.

liberals don’t care about results. they’re impervious to results.
Again your upset like Trump because Cuomo gave better information to Americans than Trump

Results do matter hence Trump lost

Ps Trump Push To Invalidate Votes In Heavily Black Cities Alarms Civil Rights Groups

But but unemployment
Old 11-24-2020, 04:26 PM   #548
wdmso

Quote:
what did he never try to do?

he restricted travel
from china ( and was attached for it).

he sent hospital ships and ventilators to hot spots. had the feds make makeshift hospitals in NY. liberal governors of NY and CA came out and thanked him, said he was being a good partner.

he partnered with private sector to ramp up testing, manufacturing of testing equipment, and ventilators.

now, his style and tone early on, were in my opinion too casual. but his policies? what did he not do, that you think he should have done? by april most of the nation was locked down, everyone was wearing masks. so what should he have done?

A ship I wouldn’t call that special ramping up vents True all things expected of any POTUS

so Jim and what has he done since?
Besides try to claim an elections was stolen with massive fraud with zero evidence

I guess you support him in that endeavor as well
Old 11-24-2020, 04:48 PM   #549
Jim in CT

Quote:
Again your upset like Trump because Cuomo gave better information to Americans than Trump

Results do matter hence Trump lost

Ps Trump Push To Invalidate Votes In Heavily Black Cities Alarms Civil Rights Groups

But but unemployment
'Cuomo gave better information to Americans than Trump"

Like telling seniors with covid that nursing homes were the best place for them? That was good information?

"Results do matter "

You can't criticize Cuomo for sending the virus to nursng homes, because hes a democrat. Results don't matter to you, only The Narrative matters. Complimenting democrats is all that matters.

I'll prove it...

name one meaningful issue, just one, on which you think liberals are wrong and conservatives are right.
Old 11-24-2020, 04:55 PM   #550
Jim in CT

Quote:
A ship I wouldn’t call that special ramping up vents True all things expected of any POTUS

so Jim and what has he done since?
Besides try to claim an elections was stolen with massive fraud with zero evidence

I guess you support him in that endeavor as well
'A ship I wouldn’t call that special " Ubnless a democratd did it, then it would be special.

I asked you a very specific question, which naturally you dodged.

What should Trump have done, that he didn't do, based on information we had at that time?

'what has he done since?"

Well he implemented operation warp speed to facilitate the production of a vaccine, there's that.

Have you seen how death rates are trending? Here's an NPR published study showing that death rates are about one-third of what they were at the start. But let's ignore that, because God forbid we admit anything that might make him look good!

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...19-death-rates

You say he did a crappy job, but can't point to one single thing you think he should have done. You're criticizing him, and you're admitting that you don't even know why. TDS in all of its glory.

Meanwhile our testing capabilities are way up, death rates are way down, and the vaccine is on track to e available sooner than is typical.

Incredible to me, but not the least bit surprising, that you can't criticize Cuomo, who obviously has blood on his hands here.
Old 11-24-2020, 05:20 PM   #551
zimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
My point isn’t about winning or losing the election, my point is that whatever he said to do, half the country would have done the opposite because.....Trump.

Whether it’s right or wrong, they would just ignore it because of who delivered the message.
I know your point. I meant to say approval of pandemic handling was initially positive. I don't believe any large part of the population would have given him grief for taking appropriate measures to protect people if he could have done it and acted like a responsible adult at minimum. Bush was hugely popular for his initial handling of 9/11 soon after one of them most contacting l contentious elections in history. Trump isn't historically unpopular because of spite, it is because he is a childish buffoon.

No, no, no. we’re 30… 30, three zero.
Old 11-24-2020, 06:39 PM   #552
Pete F.
Canceled

Tweety is a loser
He and the rest of the victims need to get over it
Besides you're not seeing any business person really upset that Donald Trump is moving on because the street loves stability, and Donald Trump is the antithesis of stability.
That’s why the Dow hit a new record high
Old 11-24-2020, 06:58 PM   #553
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

If only Barr could have delivered on his Durham report hehe, they should have put Rudy in charge of getting that earth shattering news out.
Old 11-24-2020, 07:04 PM   #554
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmy View Post
I know your point. I meant to say approval of pandemic handling was initially positive. I don't believe any large part of the population would have given him grief for taking appropriate measures to protect people if he could have done it and acted like a responsible adult at minimum. Bush was hugely popular for his initial handling of 9/11 soon after one of them most contacting l contentious elections in history. Trump isn't historically unpopular because of spite, it is because he is a childish buffoon.
part of it is trumps fault. part is a media determined to help
democrats and determined to smear republicans.

They portrayed Bush as an idiot and a racist ( despite the fact that he did more for africa, literally, than any human who has ever lived).

McCain was a senile old racist.

Romney was a heartless plutocrat who objectified women.

how much time did every network except fox, spend cornering any of the following:

tax cuts that did actually help
the poor ( doubled the standard deduction, increased child tax credits)

lowest black unemployment ever

increased funding for black colleges

criminal justice reform

no questionable wars

progress towards peace in the middle east

america energy independent

for gods sake, three years after charlottesville, they’re still
saying he didn’t denounce racists there, when the transcript clearly shows he did

i’m not saying he deserves a love fest like obama got, and which biden is getting and will get. but it would be nice if the media could be fair, fair meaning we accurately cover the pros and the cons.

look at the lefties here. only one of them, exactly one, can say anything good about a conservative or critical of a democrat.

there’s a reason why greedy companies are happy to spend a million bucks on a 30 second tv commercial, because it works.

Biden got a free infomercial, 24 hours a day, for 4 years
Old 11-24-2020, 07:17 PM   #555
wdmso

Quote:
'A ship I wouldn’t call that special " Ubnless a democratd did it, then it would be special.

I asked you a very specific question, which naturally you dodged.

What should Trump have done, that he didn't do, based on information we had at that time?

'what has he done since?"

Well he implemented operation warp speed to facilitate the production of a vaccine, there's that.

Have you seen how death rates are trending? Here's an NPR published study showing that death rates are about one-third of what they were at the start. But let's ignore that, because God forbid we admit anything that might make him look good!

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...19-death-rates

You say he did a crappy job, but can't point to one single thing you think he should have done. You're criticizing him, and you're admitting that you don't even know why. TDS in all of its glory.

Meanwhile our testing capabilities are way up, death rates are way down, and the vaccine is on track to e available sooner than is typical.

Incredible to me, but not the least bit surprising, that you can't criticize Cuomo, who obviously has blood on his hands here.
but can't point to one single thing you think he should have done

warp speed yes he should get credit for funding it yet another example another of seeing praise for Trump doing what’s expected of any POTUS

Funny Cuomo has blood on his hands for making a decision

Yet for you Trump makes no decision no blood on his hands

Trump trying to overturn an election with lies and no existing Fraud and your ok with that

Yes testing is up deaths are down
Yet
Hospital admission are at an all time high deaths are on the increase

And our lame duck Trump as always takes credit for the things that make him look good , like stock market and takes no other responsibility when thing go south and blames everyone else

That’s not what leaders do
Hence that’s why he’s no leader
He’s an opportunist

Yet

In the three weeks since Election Day, President Trump’s most visible presence has been on Twitter. Since Nov. 3, he has posted some 550 tweets — about three-quarters of which attempted to undermine the integrity of the 2020 election results.

While COVID runs rampant what a petty man
Old 11-24-2020, 07:37 PM   #556
Pete F.
Canceled

Georgia Republicans!
Only you Georgians get a chance, on January 5, to vote AGAIN for Trump-Pence! To show true loyalty!
In the Special Senate election runoff, write in Donald Trump (he's special!).
In the Regular Senate election runoff, write in Mike Pence (he's regular!).
MAGA!
Old 11-24-2020, 08:05 PM   #557
wdmso

Only 3% of Trump Voters Believe Joe Biden Is Legitimate Winner None of that 3% comment here
Old 11-24-2020, 08:59 PM   #558
Jim in CT

wdmso, i mean this sincerely...do you have brain damage? you keep
saying i’m ok with his dragging out the election suits. i keep
saying that if he has no compelling evidence, he deserves to be criticized. i think he’s making an idiot out of himself, but i’ll wait to see if anything comes out between now and december. i am criticizing him. is that going over your head?

your side spent 3.5 years trying to find a way to undo the 2016 election. you never said they should give up and accept it, not once. so i’m not sure where you get the nerve to lecture anyone in this issue, but putting that aside, i think i biden won fair and square based on what i’ve seen. if you still don’t grasp it, i’ll try to put it in a pop up book, would that help you understand?
Old 11-24-2020, 09:00 PM   #559
Jim in CT

Quote:
None of that 3% comment here
no one here knows what that gibberish means.
Old 11-24-2020, 09:37 PM   #560
Pete F.
Canceled

Now onto the corrupt pardons phase of the presidential transition
Old 11-25-2020, 08:15 AM   #561
wdmso

Quote:
wdmso, i mean this sincerely...do you have brain damage? you keep
saying i’m ok with his dragging out the election suits. i keep
saying that if he has no compelling evidence, he deserves to be criticized. i think he’s making an idiot out of himself, but i’ll wait to see if anything comes out between now and december. i am criticizing him. is that going over your head?

your side spent 3.5 years trying to find a way to undo the 2016 election. you never said they should give up and accept it, not once. so i’m not sure where you get the nerve to lecture anyone in this issue, but putting that aside, i think i biden won fair and square based on what i’ve seen. if you still don’t grasp it, i’ll try to put it in a pop up book, would that help you understand?
I’ll wait till December not a single word of condemnation , which means I have no issues with him lying about mass voter fraud and claiming he won the election.. I get it your doing what ever Trump supporters are doing the excusing his overthrow attempt of the election , hiding behind he’s allowed his legal challenges BS

As for 2016 no one suggested The elections were rigged and rampant with voter frauds was the cause of Trumps wins no re counts or delays where argued in courts or state officials called to the White House or election officials called with suggestions of delay , it was suggested Russians influenced the election not the same.

Then trumps is responsible for his behavior in office hence his problems , I guess you ignored like Republicans. Actual evidence presented by actual officials not soliciting fraud claims on a web site ?

but as if on cue you like Trump blame everyone one else for the situations he finds himself in ..in 2016 and now

What concerns me the most who are the people who actually came up with Trumps assault plans on our elections if he lost. Because it was ready to go on election night.

we both know Trump didn’t think it any of this by himself , and clearly no one told him it’s very close to looking like Sedition minus violent part, but we’ve got Time
Old 11-25-2020, 08:16 AM   #562
wdmso

Quote:
no one here knows what that gibberish means.
Only 3% of Trump Voters Believe Joe Biden Is Legitimate

Are you part of this 3%
Old 11-25-2020, 09:16 AM   #563
Jim in CT

Quote:
Only 3% of Trump Voters Believe Joe Biden Is Legitimate

Are you part of this 3%
Please tell me how many times I need to say it, before you can understand it? How many? 100? 250?

From everything I know, Biden won the election fair and square. I see zero evidence that fraud was at the level where it won the election from Biden.

How much more clear can I be, before you get it? Do you only speak gibberish, do you struggle with actual English? What about that, is too complicated for you? Which words, exactly, don't you understand? Find a toddler, and ask him to explain this to you, maybe that will help.

Now, since you clearly have issues with people who can't accept that their candidate lost, how come you never once complained about your side spending 3.5 years denying they lost the 2016 election? Or is it only bad when republicans do it?
Old 11-25-2020, 09:35 AM   #564
Pete F.
Canceled

Poor victim

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-25-2020, 10:01 AM   #565
Pete F.
Canceled

Now the poor victim will skyscream for the next 4 years...........

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-25-2020, 12:04 PM   #566
wdmso

Quote:
Please tell me how many times I need to say it, before you can understand it? How many? 100? 250?

From everything I know, Biden won the election fair and square. I see zero evidence that fraud was at the level where it won the election from Biden.

How much more clear can I be, before you get it? Do you only speak gibberish, do you struggle with actual English? What about that, is too complicated for you? Which words, exactly, don't you understand? Find a toddler, and ask him to explain this to you, maybe that will help.

Now, since you clearly have issues with people who can't accept that their candidate lost, how come you never once complained about your side spending 3.5 years denying they lost the 2016 election? Or is it only bad when republicans do it?
Jim saying Biden won fare a square and you see no fraud

In no way shape or form does that statement address Trumps attempts and attacks on our elections claiming he won when he hasn’t and providing zero evidence of fraud

ask a toddler I am sure they’ll agree

as for 2016 and 2020 they are not the same this has been explained yet you insist that some how there is a comparison to be made ...
Old 11-25-2020, 01:16 PM   #567
Jim in CT

Quote:
Jim saying Biden won fare a square and you see no fraud

In no way shape or form does that statement address Trumps attempts and attacks on our elections claiming he won when he hasn’t and providing zero evidence of fraud

ask a toddler I am sure they’ll agree

as for 2016 and 2020 they are not the same this has been explained yet you insist that some how there is a comparison to be made ...
"Jim saying Biden won fare a square and you see no fraud "

I see plenty of fraud, but not nearly enough to tilt the presidential election. If Trump has no additional evidence, he was being very reckless and dishonest by saying that the election was stolen. Again, you're the only person on the planet who doesn't see what I'm saying.

He's being no more dangerous and reckless, than the democrats were from 2017-2020, who never stopped trying to undo the 2016 election. Nor any more reckless than Hilary was when she told Biden never to concede under any circumstances, to drag it out as long as humanly possible. He's doing EXACTLY what Hilary told Biden to do, and not one liberal here had a critical syllable for Hilary. Not one Because it's OK when you do it.

"as for 2016 and 2020 they are not the same"

Right. In 2016, it was your side who lost and couldn't admit it. And it's fine when you do it.
Old 11-25-2020, 01:56 PM   #568
Pete F.
Canceled

New Evidence finds Voters colluded against Trump

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-25-2020, 04:15 PM   #569
wdmso

Quote:
"

He's being no more dangerous and reckless, than the democrats were from 2017-2020, .
Your Truly are not a history buff
Old 11-25-2020, 05:41 PM   #570
wdmso

Trump called in from the White House to an informal meeting of Pennsylvania lawmakers, repeating baseless claims about the election being "rigged."

"This election has to be turned around," Trump said, though the election results have already been certified in a number of key states, including Pennsylvania, and the formal transition process to the incoming Biden

Yea Jim just like 2016.